WBO, strict or not strict?

Well I've even seen an "a" before, so it's not necessarily just that stuff. And ok, I will use the report button next time I see something.
Ok, this has brought too much conflict. Just stop the fighting! Moderators can be strict, but its for learning purposes! This thread has made us kiddish fighting over a single thing!
(Mar. 29, 2012  11:53 PM)Anubis Blader Wrote: Ok, this has brought too much conflict. Just stop the fighting! Moderators can be strict, but its for learning purposes! This thread has made us kiddish fighting over a single thing!

That was days ago. We are all over it now.
(Oct. 14, 2011  2:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2011  12:23 PM)Relic Wrote: I must say, sometimes users are discouraged to post when they get warnings for small mistakes they do.

I do understand that strictness is needed, but sometimes it gets so strict that its like a dictator's rule. I mean, I've seen people get warned for defending themselves. As much as I'd hate to say that, but its true. Warning people for small mistakes just makes them scared to post.

Show me examples.

...me.
Given the circumstances of your initial warning, which was a fairly large post of nothing but image macros, followed by you doing it yet again, I'd say "small mistakes" does not include anything you have been warned for.

"Small mistakes" are accidental double-posts, one-word SPAM posts, etc. which we do not warn for anymore unless they are repeat offenses. The typical method of handling is verbal reprimand -> mod notice -> warning, in such cases, unless it is an almost immediate repeat offense, in which case it skips the middle step, and rightfully so.
I think the WBO is fine how it is because it is not strict but there still is rules
(Mar. 29, 2012  11:26 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: When you see profanity, please hit the report button.

i seen profanity in many areas of this site... especially the off topic forums...
"I don't give a carp about what sport I play in".

That's what people should write, but they don't, hah.

Edit:
(Mar. 29, 2012  11:26 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: When you see profanity, please hit the report button.

I will do that next time Aru, thanks. Wink
I never really felt that WBO was strict with rules or anything else ... but does warning include for committee members too? This was a question I had in mind...
No, Committee Members cannot receive a warning. This is a technicality, not a moral choice.
Logicially, the committee members were chosen for a reason thus shouldn't have to be given warnings for anything. Although stress and such can cause them to go a stray, but rarely seems to happen.
IMO this site isn't anywhere near as strict as some i have come across. Some sites skip the minor warnings and go straight for punishments like: Muting(For chat rooms), Revoking the ability to post(Forums/Blogs), Temporary Suspension(depend on the severity) and Total Bannation(also depending on severity).
From what i see WBO gives 3 strikes before any of these, so it shouldn't be that hard to stay out of trouble.
The reason why I have asked this question was because of reported posts....Why would a committee member have tons of reported posts?
The Reported Posts count is the number of posts that user has reported, not the number of times others have reported them.
(May. 31, 2012  7:09 AM)th!nk Wrote: The Reported Posts count is the number of posts that user has reported, not the number of times others have reported them.

Oh ok thanks...I got confused a little bit....but sometimes WBO can go strict if the user keeps on doing the same mistake so there is nothing really wrong in giving a warning level...
Im being honest here, it's kinda strict. If you want reasons, just ask me.
Is it really just because Hazel closed your threads that were just lists of games being released, with no information behind them?
And you should really already be giving reasons, since just saying,
"It's strict"
isn't going to prove much of what you are trying to say.
No not just that, and there was no information backing them up as they were just announced.
Strict thing about it is I had some of my posts deleted even though they were un-offence, because i've read the rules of the site and it clearly says any racist or offence posts will be deleated, and I know for sure my posts were not racist or offence.
(Jun. 05, 2012  7:56 AM)Ichigo32 Wrote: No not just that, and there was no information backing them up as they were just announced.
Strict thing about it is I had some of my posts deleted even though they were un-offence, because i've read the rules of the site and it clearly says any racist or offence posts will be deleated, and I know for sure my posts were not racist or offence.

1. If there is no information, how can we know what the game is really about?

If you have some confirmed information, then I'm sure they'll let you keep it for each game .

2. The rules are just generally covering some of the main points - clearly, no-one would read it if it was 3 pages long...

Posts are usually deleted by Committee members if they have no value, or don't contribute anything to the discussion, and/or are just SPAM.
Thing is though the posts were NOT spam, I was anwsering a question that somone asked.
If you post a full explanation, someone might be able to explain it, or if whatever it is really was an issue with the moderation, things could change, but that can't occur unless you explain.
Someone asked which Zelda game people preferred. He gave what boiled down to a three word answer, with a little sentence questioning their intelligence before it, with no real explanation as to why he gave that answer, at all.

It was your typical post-with-no-substance-and-a-rude-tone erase, not something to throw a hissy fit over. We do not only erase posts that are outwardly offensive, but also those that just have no substance whatsoever to them/do not contribute anything to discussion.

Golly.

EDIT: ...he has even re-posted the same thing, basically, but in a much less rude tone, and I feel no need to erase it. Ain't that something.
Not unreasonably so. If you are a user prone to making irrelevant topics, it might seem so. Also I can see young kids viewing it as strict simply because they are not familiar with the concept of this message board being an avenue for discourse on a hobby and not a journal or space specifically for their own thoughts to be aired out. After being here for a few months, it's easy to spot the problems with the WBO (which exist in any community; it's inevitable), but at the same time, I've found the mods to be overall pleasant and merely doing their jobs.
I've had positive experiences in the past with Hazel and Arupaeo, though the two are quite different in posting mannerism and demeanor at a glance.

This has all no doubt been said, but I'm a relatively new member in the sense that while I've been browsing, I haven't necessarily been posting a ton or really getting involved/investing myself, and it takes a while of observation to really get a proper grasp of the dynamics of a community, especially in regards to its moderation ("strictness").
I feel that this strictness usually swifts based on the user's preference. I'm not gonna lie. I'm one of those people who has to have everything their way (Hooray for OCD...)

But I personally don't think most of these major members are too strict. I really favor mods such as Kai-V and Arupaeo very much. Now of Kai-V admitting she is strict I have no proof of, but from my experiences, she's really been nice. Arupaeo's pretty much the same. Enforcing rules, but not making a total stress of it... That's my type of mod!

That being said, I have my members that I don't like too. However, I'm not gonna mention names, because I don't want conflict. There are those members, though, that just make you wanna give yourself a Facebook (hit a book into your face, for those who don't know.) They act so mean over such small events or actions. I've witnessed a few, and the fact that these people act so strict over a little thing is quite sad...
when i read my first pm i thougt i wasnt this site was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to strict i almost left the site but i soon realized ( like within the first day) that i was wrong considering that i am always online i am serious after u read this post check to see if im online if im not im beyblading LOL
No the WBO is not strict
They just have to report post, erase post, or close threads because they want the website to be friendly and contain accurate facts with explanations