WBO Organized Play Rule Updates Sept 2018: First Stage Burst Finishes Now 2 Points

Outlined below are several important new ruling additions, updates, and clarifications to the WBO Organized Play Burst Format rulebook and the Organizers' Guide. View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Rule Updates Overview
  • IMPORTANT Burst Format: First Stage - Burst Finishes Increased from 1 Point to 2 Points
  • Metal Fight Limited Format: Gravity’s Initial Spin Direction Selection in Deck Format Clarification

Burst Format Updates

IMPORTANT Burst Format: First Stage - Burst Finishes Increased from 1 Point to 2 Points
Burst Format Rulebook Wrote:To win a match, a blader must score 3 points. You earn point(s) when:
  • The opposing Beyblade stops spinning (1 Point)
  • The opposing Beyblade exits the BeyStadium (1 Point)
  • The opposing Beyblade bursts (2 Points OR 1 Point if Frame or God Chip comes off)

There has been much debate in the community over the past couple months about the situation TAKARA-TOMY has presented us with through the release of Hell Salamander, Archer Hercules, and Revive Phoenix. Around the world, there’s differing opinions about each of these Layers. But ultimately, they do keep each other in check to a certain degree.

However, the problem that’s been identified is the low usage and effectiveness of Attack types especially after their release. It was particularly bad until the recent release of Xtreme’ with Shadow Amaterios, a much needed new version of Xtreme with a much tighter spring and softer rubber, allowing for a tighter lock and much better flower pattern when banking.

While Xtreme’ has allowed for a marked improvement in the performance of Attack types and combinations using it have been found in recent Winning Combinations lists, usage of Attack types–particularly in the first stage of events–is still quite low.

In order to help give Attack types a more defined purpose and increased value for the first stage, we have therefore made the decision to increase Burst Finishes from being worth 1 Point to 2 Points. Outspins, KOs, and Frames/God Chips falling off are still 1 Point, and matches are still won after a player scores 3 Points total.

This was made possible due to the release of Xtreme’ and Hunter’. The tight lock on these Drivers helps to reduce the possibility of an Attack type self-bursting, which is one of the primary reasons we had never considered imposing the two point Burst Finish rule for first stage matchws–which are only to 3 Points, unlike Deck Format’s 5 Points–previously.

Burst Finishes in general have also become less common overall, but Xtreme’ does make them a lot more likely in certain situations. Changing Burst Finishes to two points also makes the risk/reward factor of using Stamina types (using Drivers like Bearing) higher, which can affect the choices players will make.

We chose to leave KOs at 1 Point due to the more unpredictable nature of them in combination with the shorter three-point nature of first stage matches. We didn’t like the idea of an Attack user doing a perfect bank and then getting KOed while the opposing Stamina type gets wall-saved.

This rule update allows us to–at least for the time being–avoid banning any other parts. Despite the increased number of bans throughout Burst Format thus far, the ideal has always been to avoid bans, and we feel that this solution will be a strong alternative.

Metal Fight Limited Format Updates

[Image: beyblade-gravity-metal-wheel.png]

Metal Fight Limited  Format: Gravity’s Initial Spin Direction Selection  in Deck Format Clarification
Following our July 2018 mode change restrictions for the Gravity Metal Wheel allowing only one mode change per match, we realized that one additional clarification was needed after the first event of Beyblade Remembrance 2018 in Toronto in order to prevent a possible second mode change in Deck Format.

As such, the following ruling was added to the rulebook, applicable to anyone using Gravity in their deck:

Metal Fight Limited Format Rulebook Wrote:In the final stage of events, Gravity’s initial spin direction must be declared to the judge while their deck is being inspected.

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.

View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here.
Even it those are rare, X', Hn', And Ds' (NYr) are not an easy get.  But I Think 2 Point burst is not Bad, since it will Give more Easy wins to Attack type bets which Shot aH Burst.

These rules are better.
I like these rules,balance the meta without banning
I approve
Why did they change it to 2 points
(Sep. 12, 2018  12:44 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: Why did they change it to 2 points

Well I think they already explained it in the post...
Well, that's a good way to help attack types. Though, archer Hercules is still going to be OP
This is great! 2 points for a burst finish!
Anything that burst aH and anything on Xtreme deserves it! Great decision!
(Sep. 12, 2018  3:18 PM)Suhasini Wrote: This is great! 2 points for a burst finish!
Anything that burst aH and anythingn on Xtreme deserves it! Great decision!

But , still , rP is leading in the Meta !!
(Sep. 12, 2018  3:30 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2018  3:18 PM)Suhasini Wrote: This is great! 2 points for a burst finish!
Anything that burst aH and anythingn on Xtreme deserves it! Great decision!

But , still , rP is leading in the Meta !!
Seriously? Have a look at the winning combo thread. It's all aH and hS, rP is there too, but not that much. It's aH and hS which are dominating! The decision is fair by all means.
(Sep. 12, 2018  3:47 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2018  3:30 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: But , still , rP is leading in the Meta !!
Seriously? Have a look at the winning combo thread. It's all aH and hS, rP is there too, but not that much. It's aH and hS which are dominating! The decision is fair by all means.

I think rP is getting Underrated !!
Im really happy about this. I think this what the stale af meta needed. My hS counters are back.
I think the rule change is very good.  But I would like it even more if we could just go to the 5 point system with KO and Burst both being 2 points.  I think that system is just perfect.  But I do see time being an issue.  This is still a very good rule change.
Though I don't have any experience with tournament play, even just from playing on my own and with what I know, I think this is great change with the current parts in the meta.
(Sep. 12, 2018  10:00 PM)Shindog Wrote: I think the rule change is very good.  But I would like it even more if we could just go to the 5 point system with KO and Burst both being 2 points.  I think that system is just perfect.  But I do see time being an issue.  This is still a very good rule change.

Yeah, unfortunately five point matches would just be too much, especially for a battle that is just 1v1. 5 Points only works well for Deck because of all the circumstances that surround it.
I don't like the change but i will try to get used to it
(Sep. 13, 2018  1:14 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2018  10:00 PM)Shindog Wrote: I think the rule change is very good.  But I would like it even more if we could just go to the 5 point system with KO and Burst both being 2 points.  I think that system is just perfect.  But I do see time being an issue.  This is still a very good rule change.

Yeah, unfortunately five point matches would just be too much, especially for a battle that is just 1v1. 5 Points only works well for Deck because of all the circumstances that surround it.
Yeah no, shindog got the right idea. But, what we should include is show 3 beyblade and blind pick 1. Similar to Pokemon games where you show 6 and pick 3/4.

This would take away luck and put into more skill.
(Sep. 13, 2018  2:06 AM)Yami Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2018  1:14 AM)Kei Wrote: Yeah, unfortunately five point matches would just be too much, especially for a battle that is just 1v1. 5 Points only works well for Deck because of all the circumstances that surround it.
Yeah no, shindog got the right idea. But, what we should include is show 3 beyblade and blind pick 1. Similar to Pokemon games where you show 6 and pick 3/4.

Honestly, I am for deck format all the way but I agree that is just next to impossible for various reasons. 

I think giving 2 points to Burst will change the meta in stage 1.  If not by increaseing play of attack types in stage 1, it should at least make players make choices to respect attack.
(Sep. 13, 2018  2:43 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2018  2:06 AM)Yami Wrote: Yeah no, shindog got the right idea. But, what we should include is show 3 beyblade and blind pick 1. Similar to Pokemon games where you show 6 and pick 3/4.

Honestly, I am for deck format all the way but I agree that is just next to impossible for various reasons. 

I think giving 2 points to Burst will change the meta in stage 1.  If not by increaseing play of attack types in stage 1, it should at least make players make choices to respect attack.
I still like the idea of 2 point Burst because it has the beyblade 'Burst' gimmick. Edit: 2 point KO will help attack even more, but I wanna first see how 2 point burst works out.
i like this! i have a feeling that this is gonna balance out all the types being used.
Hello , you said that frames falling off are worth 1 point, would it be a problem for REVIVE PHOENIX to participate? Because one of its features is to remove its frame by itself in order to shift into stamina mode.... ty
(Oct. 02, 2018  9:10 AM)SEIKENTZUKI Wrote: Hello , you said that frames falling off are worth 1 point, would it be a problem for REVIVE PHOENIX to participate? Because one of its features is to remove its frame by itself in order to shift into stamina mode.... ty
That's it's armour. Frames here mean the disc frame like for eg: Cross and Bump. The armour falling off is not considered a round loss because it is it's gimmick. So there will be no problem caused by rP.
You can read more about it here!
(Oct. 03, 2018  11:36 AM)SEIKENTZUKI Wrote: Thanks bro
Maybe You should Delete "BRO", Since She is not a Bro..........
(Oct. 03, 2018  11:44 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2018  11:36 AM)SEIKENTZUKI Wrote: Thanks bro
Maybe You should Delete "BRO", Since She is not a Bro..........

Does it really matter?
Anyone who has played in a tournament since we introduced the new two point Burst rule for the First Stage, what are your impressions of it? Has it had any impact, positive or negative?