WBO Organized Play Rule Updates October 2021

(Oct. 29, 2021  4:05 PM)froztz Wrote: An update on rules for October:
  1. Almight is banned in Classic.
  2. For formats with multiple beyblade selection(P3C1/3on3/Deck), only one version(for example regular/Dash/SlingShock/Hypersphere/Metal) of a Driver is permitted in deck format.

This was something I brought up when I saw we were getting bearing dash and metal drift. Since their releases I have seen several decks in the winning combination thread abusing 2 versions of the same driver. I’m really glad to see this change! On the topic of this change I only have 1 question. Are “High” drivers considered different than the other versions of the drivers since their performance with how they interact with different disks, layers, and even stadiums can be a lot different than just having a tighter spring like the other driver versions? I’m fine with either ruling I just want to clarify.
(Oct. 29, 2021  4:46 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
  2. For formats with multiple beyblade selection(P3C1/3on3/Deck), only one version(for example regular/Dash/SlingShock/Hypersphere/Metal) of a Driver is permitted.

That's kind of a major announcement here! Might need another full thread if you're saying what I think you are. Do you mean that in any tournaments tomorrow, that both drift and drift metal will not be permitted in a single deck in the deck format finals?

Yes this is specific to Deck Format, I will post in those Threads as well.
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:02 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
  2. For formats with multiple beyblade selection(P3C1/3on3/Deck), only one version(for example regular/Dash/SlingShock/Hypersphere/Metal) of a Driver is permitted in deck format.

This was something I brought up when I saw we were getting bearing dash and metal drift. Since their releases I have seen several decks in the winning combination thread abusing 2 versions of the same driver. I’m really glad to see this change! On the topic of this change I only have 1 question. Are “High” drivers considered different than the other versions of the drivers since their performance with how they interact with different disks, layers, and even stadiums can be a lot different than just having a tighter spring like the other driver versions? I’m fine with either ruling I just want to clarify.

Thanks Crisis! Your feedback certainly helped contribute to this change Smile For the sake of clarity and future-proofing the format, high drivers are considered the same part, since they are same-name driver variants.
Out of interest, are parts such as Orbit Metal and Charge Metal also included in this rule? They’re technically different drivers, but I’m not sure how it would be ruled since Hypersphere versions of drivers are banned, and they perform completely different from their regular versions.
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:08 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:02 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: This was something I brought up when I saw we were getting bearing dash and metal drift. Since their releases I have seen several decks in the winning combination thread abusing 2 versions of the same driver. I’m really glad to see this change! On the topic of this change I only have 1 question. Are “High” drivers considered different than the other versions of the drivers since their performance with how they interact with different disks, layers, and even stadiums can be a lot different than just having a tighter spring like the other driver versions? I’m fine with either ruling I just want to clarify.

Thanks Crisis! Your feedback certainly helped contribute to this change Smile For the sake of clarity and future-proofing the format, high drivers are considered the same part, since they are same-name driver variants.

No problem! And thanks for the clarification! I’m excited for tomorrow’s tournament in VA now.
Thankyou! Now people can’t use bearing and bearing’ or metal drift and drift. I was referring to the new rules for October in case anyone was confused. Though I am a bit bummed I won’t be able to do something like xtreme and xtreme’ or something if I eventually get the 2
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:10 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Out of interest, are parts such as Orbit Metal and Charge Metal also included in this rule? They’re technically different drivers, but I’m not sure how it would be ruled since Hypersphere versions of drivers are banned, and they perform completely different from their regular versions.
If I understand correctly, with this change, apparently Hunter and Hunter-S will not be able to be repeated for example.  Evolution and Evolutionary-Sp, however, can be repeated. And yes, you will not be able to repeat charge, charge’ charge metal, charge i, ii, iii-H in a deck
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:44 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:10 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Out of interest, are parts such as Orbit Metal and Charge Metal also included in this rule? They’re technically different drivers, but I’m not sure how it would be ruled since Hypersphere versions of drivers are banned, and they perform completely different from their regular versions.
If I understand correctly, with this change, apparently Hunter and Hunter-S will not be able to be repeated for example.  Evolution and Evolutionary-Sp, however, can be repeated. And yes, you will not be able to repeat charge, charge’ charge metal, charge i, ii, iii-H in a deck

Is it based on the name of the Driver, then? For instance, Evolution and Evolutional-SP can be repeated, but Drift and Drift-SP cannot?
I think the best way to think of this is: no two drivers with the same base name may be used in deck format.
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:49 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:44 PM)Shindog Wrote: If I understand correctly, with this change, apparently Hunter and Hunter-S will not be able to be repeated for example.  Evolution and Evolutionary-Sp, however, can be repeated. And yes, you will not be able to repeat charge, charge’ charge metal, charge i, ii, iii-H in a deck

Is it based on the name of the Driver, then? For instance, Evolution and Evolutional-SP can be repeated, but Drift and Drift-SP cannot?
I believe so. So like Zoning repeatable with either  Zone’ or Zone. Yeah, I believe you are correct about Drift and Drift-Sp
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:02 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: This was something I brought up when I saw we were getting bearing dash and metal drift. Since their releases I have seen several decks in the winning combination thread abusing 2 versions of the same driver. I’m really glad to see this change! On the topic of this change I only have 1 question. Are “High” drivers considered different than the other versions of the drivers since their performance with how they interact with different disks, layers, and even stadiums can be a lot different than just having a tighter spring like the other driver versions? I’m fine with either ruling I just want to clarify.
Is this something that's actually happening up by you, or is there more going on here? It certainly wasn't happening up in Carmel at all at any rate, which may show that it's strictly a regional thing. Still, read below, because I have a lot to say about this.

2. For formats with multiple beyblade selection(P3C1/3on3/Deck), only one version(for example regular/Dash/SlingShock/Hypersphere/Metal/High etc.) of a Driver is permitted in deck format.

Questions: Is the problem that people can do it, or a lack of thinking about how to counter these strategies entirely? My argument here is that it's the latter.

This rule is very clearly meant to stop double Bearing and double Drift, let's not kid ourselves here, but in doing so you're hurting its counters as well as plenty of other strategies. What about double Atomic from someone using Atomic-S? Has that ever been a problem in the past, maybe in Burst Limited or something? Is more than one variant of Charge (Charge'/Charge Metal/Charge I-H, Charge II-H, Charge III-H, Charge Metal-SPM) too strong either? Hunter(') and Hunter-S? Why are we hurting so many other things in the way of just dealing with two "problems" that themselves still leave holes that can be easily exploited by anyone that really wants to put their mind to it? I mean heck, wanna beat Bearing or Drift? Try a little same-spin combo or two, you'll see wonders I assure you (this is coming from someone who has beaten Drift in opposite spin before with Orbit, with witnesses to prove it). I've been splashing in Orbit and Atomic in Indiana, and even almost used Moment, I don't see why you guys can't do that either. Don't have faith in your same-spin launching? Run more Attack to KO them before they have a chance, they're not impossible to KO or anything and Guilty does that job well... oh wait, we just got rid of Xtreme'/Xtreme/Metal Xtreme in the same deck. Ah well, whoops! That's a strategy we've lost now then, and here I just wanted to knock double Bearing around.

I think it's another case of a poor, uncreative mindset that isn't trying to find counters to these strategies and/or is completely unwilling to take risks shouting for bans. This unwillingness to try and counter these strategies has been something I've been chastising this site as a whole over for months, and yet we've still reached this point despite it to the point where it's actually affecting the game as a whole. No, the issue isn't the parts but rather the players, and overall this ban is a bigger hindrance than a help and squashes just as much if not more of the counterplay.

I must admit, I'm actually appalled by this decision and would see it reversed. This is not needed, it hinders those with lower access to parts, and there are better ways to deal with these basic strategies than banning these repeated parts.

(Oct. 29, 2021  5:57 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:49 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: Is it based on the name of the Driver, then? For instance, Evolution and Evolutional-SP can be repeated, but Drift and Drift-SP cannot?
I believe so. So like Zoning repeatable with either  Zone’ or Zone. Yeah, I believe you are correct about Drift and Drift-Sp

And the fact that this even has to be said is dumb as a sack of bricks as well, and leads to a ton of Hasbro confusion.
(Oct. 29, 2021  6:13 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:02 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: This was something I brought up when I saw we were getting bearing dash and metal drift. Since their releases I have seen several decks in the winning combination thread abusing 2 versions of the same driver. I’m really glad to see this change! On the topic of this change I only have 1 question. Are “High” drivers considered different than the other versions of the drivers since their performance with how they interact with different disks, layers, and even stadiums can be a lot different than just having a tighter spring like the other driver versions? I’m fine with either ruling I just want to clarify.
Is this something that's actually happening up by you, or is there more going on here? It certainly wasn't happening up in Carmel at all at any rate, which may show that it's strictly a regional thing. Still, read below, because I have a lot to say about this.

2. For formats with multiple beyblade selection(P3C1/3on3/Deck), only one version(for example regular/Dash/SlingShock/Hypersphere/Metal/High etc.) of a Driver is permitted in deck format.

Questions: Is the problem that people can do it, or a lack of thinking about how to counter these strategies entirely? My argument here is that it's the latter.

This rule is very clearly meant to stop double Bearing and double Drift, let's not kid ourselves here, but in doing so you're hurting its counters as well as plenty of other strategies. What about double Atomic from someone using Atomic-S? Has that ever been a problem in the past, maybe in Burst Limited or something? Is more than one variant of Charge (Charge'/Charge Metal/Charge I-H, Charge II-H, Charge III-H, Charge Metal-SPM) too strong either? Hunter(') and Hunter-S? Why are we hurting so many other things in the way of just dealing with two "problems" that themselves still leave holes that can be easily exploited by anyone that really wants to put their mind to it? I mean heck, wanna beat Bearing or Drift? Try a little same-spin combo or two, you'll see wonders I assure you (this is coming from someone who has beaten Drift in opposite spin before with Orbit, with witnesses to prove it). I've been splashing in Orbit and Atomic in Indiana, and even almost used Moment, I don't see why you guys can't do that either. Don't have faith in your same-spin launching? Run more Attack to KO them before they have a chance, they're not impossible to KO or anything and Guilty does that job well... oh wait, we just got rid of Xtreme'/Xtreme/Metal Xtreme in the same deck. Ah well, whoops! That's a strategy we've lost now then, and here I just wanted to knock double Bearing around.

Sigh, you still underestimate a few things.
1. Drift’s same spin by people like you are still, STILL criminally underrated. Same spin combos are risky, oh so risky, so it’s not a reliable strategy when you could easily mess up and be OSed in opposite spin.
2. Attack isn’t as good as you think anymore. Savior simply isn’t good enough to always KO stuff in right spin, and I can tell you right now that a good drift user in same spin will likely be able to go up against savior and beat it. Guilty is definitely good, but it’s not quite Rage good (guilty is better than rage, but in terms of back in the day, rage was super good, while guilty is just pretty good). The issue is that attack is very risky, and only skilled users of attack are gonna be able to pull it off consistently. These people are rare to find.
3. What about the rare people who get good drift molds? If you combine that with skill in same spin, you can OS atomic. I believe me and arka.Paul have drifts that can pull this off. Mine is a metal drift which is able to OS atomic in same spin. Don’t believe me? I WILL post a video showing this. I won’t rig it, nothing like that. A legitimate video proving mine can pull it off, and somewhat consistently as well.

You underestimate people who can control same spin drivers like drift and bearing well in same spin. Having two drifts or two bearings in a deck is way more powerful than you think. Trying to counter it simply isn’t enough. This change was needed, albeit they might’ve went a bit far with it in terms of what can’t be used in the same deck.
How many events have happened between the Bearing' release and today, serious question? And how many of those were dominated by two Bearings?

I'm trying to find examples of this "abuse". I see one event with this happening across the board, but its tournament title was almost leading people into a specific style of Deck for a gimmicky tournament lol.

Usually we should see how things progress before we come to make decisions like this. It has been 20 days since Bearing' release, and sub-10 tournaments. Over these events, the kind of dominance you'd expect a rule change to be dedicated to, doesn't seem to be the happening, at least not yet? I'm not seeing an overwhelming amount of Bearing' + Bearing in WC.

It seems like pre-emptive fear is regulating the meta. Even if Bearing and Bearing' were to become legitimately common wouldn't it make sense for the meta to develop to counter that naturally? It is probably one of the easiest Drivers to knock out..

I think the intentions here are correct, we should be wary of part dominance, but you actually have to be able to prove that dominance exists. So, if you have a really low sample size which also doesn't even seem conclusive, that isn't quite good enough to determine that X or Y part is really broken beyond measure and should be regulated. Not to mention adaptation doesn't happen within the same tournament usually.. So we have no actual understanding of how having access to two Bearing changes things, and whether it would be meaningful and negative change. There really hasn't been enough time in my opinion.

I understand I'm a minority here, but I like being able to run multiple kinds of Xtreme. There simply isn't a good 3rd rubber driver option for attackers.. Jolt', Hunter', Xc' all seem to lack something and it would be a legitimate hindrance to an already difficult type to run to be forced into them, I guess I'm supposed to run Quattro now? That part of this new rule sucks for me personally, and I'm not going to be attending this weekend's event because of it.

You and I both know that this isn't a regional thing; happened in both MD and CA on October 17th. Maybe it didn't see use in Caramel because either people didn't have it or y'all  avoided using it so it could be weaponized when this decision was made?

I can and will inform you of how this logic is flawed. First of all, it's entirely possible to beat Atomic and Orbit Metal with Drift in same spin; I and several others have done so. With this in mind, do you really not think having not one, but two combinations with this potential in a deck is concerning in the slightest? Second of all, do you not realize how easy it is to counter same spin combinations? One good attack combination is all it takes, and then from then on out, all your opponent has to do is pick the combination utilizing a Drift that's the opposite rotation of yours and you're incredibly likely to lose. And, before you say the solution is get good with attack types, Guilty and Savior are good, but they have quite a hard time against opposite spin Drift. Lastly, while it is unfortunate that players can no longer run multiple variants of Xtreme', that doesn't stop you from using Quick', Evolution', etc.

(Oct. 29, 2021  5:57 PM)Shindog Wrote: I believe so. So like Zoning repeatable with either  Zone’ or Zone. Yeah, I believe you are correct about Drift and Drift-Sp

And the fact that this even has to be said is dumb as a sack of bricks as well, and leads to a ton of Hasbro confusion.

I see where you're coming from with this though; isn't confusion something we want to avoid?
I'm not really a fan of the rule change having only one version of a driver allowed in P3C1/3on3/Deck just feels weirdly limiting to players and also having a big change like that should've at least had an open discussion before being finalized like that.

It hasn't even been an actual month since we had the Triple DB Booster or the All In One Set, which is why that whole convo sparked because people were worried about Br/Br' and Dr/MDr in deck. Shouldn't something like this rule before finalized at the very least be tested in unranked before it was given the 100% A-OK, feels like it happened too quickly.

I don't even get the point of it with people being so worried about double drift nor double bearing, we had that new tie rule implemented to avoid LAD spam like that from happening.

Not to mention how people can easily just run Savior or Guilty and they should have little to no trouble KOing that LAD stuff, I feel like this is just done for people who are afraid to deal with the same part instead of them actually trying to think how to counter it.

The idea with this stuff should be to see how the meta develops and adapt to that and see whether or not it is for better or worse for what change needs to happen.

Feels way too soon to put out a rule like that.
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:57 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2021  5:49 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: Is it based on the name of the Driver, then? For instance, Evolution and Evolutional-SP can be repeated, but Drift and Drift-SP cannot?

I don't keep up with Hasbro nowadays, but isn't Zoning just the Hasbro name for Zone? Same with Evolutional and Evolution. Surely they would fall under this ruling as well, would they not? Especially if we're considering Hypersphere drivers to be equivalent to their non-hypersphere counterparts.

I think it's another case of a poor, uncreative mindset that isn't trying to find counters to these strategies and/or is completely unwilling to take risks shouting for bans. This unwillingness to try and counter these strategies has been something I've been chastising this site as a whole over for months, and yet we've still reached this point despite it to the point where it's actually affecting the game as a whole. No, the issue isn't the parts but rather the players, and overall this ban is a bigger hindrance than a help and squashes just as much if not more of the counterplay.

I must admit, I'm actually appalled by this decision and would see it reversed. This is not needed, it hinders those with lower access to parts, and there are better ways to deal with these basic strategies than banning these repeated parts.

(Oct. 29, 2021  5:57 PM)Shindog Wrote: I believe so. So like Zoning repeatable with either  Zone’ or Zone. Yeah, I believe you are correct about Drift and Drift-Sp

To answer your question the weekend after bearing' cane out I hosted a tournament in Silver Springs MD. I know the community there well and knew that people were going to try out double drift or double bearing decks. Once top 8 finals started there were 3 people using one of these 2 strategies. I was using double drift and was knocked out of the top 8 by a pretty lucky KO. Geetser99 made it to 3rd place with double bearing in his deck and a Blader with this only being her second time participating in a tournament (because she is a regular Blader's Mom) got 4th with double drift. She actually could of won but doesn't know enough about the game to select good counters. Then I looked through the WBO winning combos thread and saw that over a few of the standard tournaments there were more people adopting this strategy. 

now let's talk about how you say to make a deck to counter these strategies. Well how can you do that if you don't know what they are going to run? Say you build a deck to beat double bearing, but you get up to the stadium to see they are using double drift. Well you now have a super unfavorable match up. Or we can go the opposite way where You build a deck to beat double drift and yet your opponent decides to run double Bearing. It would be a super feel bad day because you lost to the wrong choice in match up. Not because you were less skilled.

Speaking of skill.... What about forcing Bladers to think more about their combos? You can say people arent thinking and need to get good because they are just running double drift and bearing. Well what if someone is good with Destroy? They can build a deck with 3 different destroy combos thanks to destroy, destroy' and Metal destroy. Well where is the skill in that if they don't really have to spread out their parts? That had no thought process what so ever. Just throw a version of destroy on every bey and go. I think the community wants to see Bladers win for their innovation and skill. Not because they are a 1 trick pony.
(Oct. 29, 2021  6:47 PM)Dan Wrote: How many events have happened between the Bearing' release and today, serious question? And how many of those were dominated by two Bearings?
Usually we should see how things progress before we come to make decisions like this. It has been 20 days since Bearing' release, and sub-10 tournaments. Over these events, the kind of dominance you'd expect a rule change to be dedicated to, doesn't seem to be the happening, at least not yet? I'm not seeing an overwhelming amount of Bearing' + Bearing in WC.
I think the intentions here are correct, we should be wary of part dominance, but you actually have to be able to prove that dominance exists. So, if you have a really low sample size which also doesn't even seem conclusive, that isn't quite good enough to determine that X or Y part is really broken beyond measure and should be regulated. Not to mention adaptation doesn't happen within the same tournament usually.. So we have no actual understanding of how having access to two Bearing changes things, and whether it would be meaningful and negative change. There really hasn't been enough time in my opinion.

I think this is a very important point. We haven't even had these parts for a month. While I have no problem with steering decks away from abusing multiples and encouraging more part variety, I don't know that a broad-strokes rule change is a fix. Just seems hasty and reactionary. I'm hoping there's some consideration given to walking it back once sufficient data is available.

(Oct. 29, 2021  7:04 PM)BladerGem Wrote:

I don't keep up with Hasbro nowadays, but isn't Zoning just the Hasbro name for Zone? Same with Evolutional and Evolution. Surely they would fall under this ruling as well, would they not? Especially if we're considering Hypersphere drivers to be equivalent to their non-hypersphere counterparts.

IIRC, -SP denotes a Speedstorm tip; these are slightly taller than their TT counterparts.
(Oct. 29, 2021  7:04 PM)BladerGem Wrote:

No, I have been told they do not fall under the same umbrella.  I can’t fully explain it because I am not entirely sure I understand.
(Oct. 29, 2021  7:27 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2021  7:04 PM)BladerGem Wrote: I don't keep up with Hasbro nowadays, but isn't Zoning just the Hasbro name for Zone? Same with Evolutional and Evolution. Surely they would fall under this ruling as well, would they not? Especially if we're considering Hypersphere drivers to be equivalent to their non-hypersphere counterparts.
No, I have been told they do not fall under the same umbrella.  I can’t fully explain it because I am not entirely sure I understand.

This is my fault - yes, they would no longer be permitted. I'm not as familiar with Hasbro drivers and misunderstood them to be two separate parts rather than just renames. I will make sure that we update the rulebook to cover both Takara Tomy parts and their Hasbro renames in our rulings as we have done in the past.
(Oct. 29, 2021  7:16 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2021  6:13 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Is this something that's actually happening up by you, or is there more going on here? It certainly wasn't happening up in Carmel at all at any rate, which may show that it's strictly a regional thing. Still, read below, because I have a lot to say about this.

To answer your question the weekend after bearing' cane out I hosted a tournament in Silver Springs MD. I know the community there well and knew that people were going to try out double drift or double bearing decks. Once top 8 finals started there were 3 people using one of these 2 strategies. I was using double drift and was knocked out of the top 8 by a pretty lucky KO. Geetser99 made it to 3rd place with double bearing in his deck and a Blader with this only being her second time participating in a tournament (because she is a regular Blader's Mom) got 4th with double drift. She actually could of won but doesn't know enough about the game to select good counters. Then I looked through the WBO winning combos thread and saw that over a few of the standard tournaments there were more people adopting this strategy. 

now let's talk about how you say to make a deck to counter these strategies. Well how can you do that if you don't know what they are going to run? Say you build a deck to beat double bearing, but you get up to the stadium to see they are using double drift. Well you now have a super unfavorable match up. Or we can go the opposite way where You build a deck to beat double drift and yet your opponent decides to run double Bearing. It would be a super feel bad day because you lost to the wrong choice in match up. Not because you were less skilled.

Speaking of skill.... What about forcing Bladers to think more about their combos? You can say people arent thinking and need to get good because they are just running double drift and bearing. Well what if someone is good with Destroy? They can build a deck with 3 different destroy combos thanks to destroy, destroy' and Metal destroy. Well where is the skill in that if they don't really have to spread out their parts? That had no thought process what so ever. Just throw a version of destroy on every bey and go. I think the community wants to see Bladers win for their innovation and skill. Not because they are a 1 trick pony.

I do think we can look at “skill” in Beyblade in different ways and there are different kinds of players.  We were very quick to celebrate someone winning an entire event on rubber flat, and I don’t really see anything wrong with that.  If someone can win with triple Xtreme variations or Destroy variations, I would be impressed by that and I would assume they are quite skilled.  I also don’t believe you can win that way without much thought/knowledge.
(Oct. 29, 2021  7:42 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2021  7:27 PM)Shindog Wrote: No, I have been told they do not fall under the same umbrella.  I can’t fully explain it because I am not entirely sure I understand.

This is my fault - yes, they would no longer be permitted. I'm not as familiar with Hasbro drivers and misunderstood them to be two separate parts rather than just renames. I will make sure that we update the rulebook to cover both Takara Tomy parts and their Hasbro renames in our rulings as we have done in the past.

This would apply to something even like Keep and Keeper-S?
One is a ball and the other is a flat.
At least they start off that way.
It might get difficult if we do down the road of similar names.  We also have stuff like orbital and etc.
(Oct. 29, 2021  7:46 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2021  7:42 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: This is my fault - yes, they would no longer be permitted. I'm not as familiar with Hasbro drivers and misunderstood them to be two separate parts rather than just renames. I will make sure that we update the rulebook to cover both Takara Tomy parts and their Hasbro renames in our rulings as we have done in the past.

This would apply to something even like Keep and Keeper-S?
One is a ball and the other is a flat.
At least they start off that way.
It might get difficult if we do down the road of similar names.

"Takara Tomy same name driver variants and their Hasbro counterparts" should cover this
Got it.  I guess this would apply to things like:
Orbit vs orbital
Destroy vs Destoryer
Planet vs Planetary
Octa vs Octave
And many others

Hmmm… Is Guardian-H suppose to be Guard?
This is a function of TT designing their releases for a 5 Bey deck in WBBA instead of the 1 or 3 bey decks that we have in WBO. Drift Metal and Bearing' might seem very gamebreaking at times, but when you release parts with the understanding that every blader is going to bring 5 beys to every match, it's almost without consequence.

In a 5 bey deck, having two drifts is not the end of the world. Having two bearings is not the end of the world. Having two drifts and two bearings, well, that might actually wreak some serious havoc, but at least if you don't control the order in which they are used, it's not THAT much of a problem, maybe.

But in WBO Deck format? Having up to two drifts and two bearings in a deck where you control the order in which beys are used takes a serious toll. You can either design your entire deck around thwarting a double drift double bearing setup, or you can just lose. You can either be a "Let's abuse this option" deck or a "Let's design an entire deck to defend against this" deck and gamble that you chose correctly.

At least with this rule in place (and a very similar one WAS in place many years ago and I can't even remember when or why it was removed) then we won't have to endure death by overpowered driver spam. It will take A LITTLE creativity on people making decks. And yes, in DB, Bearing and Drift are overpowered, we've discussed this before, I use them a lot, so is everyone else making it to finals in the Mid-Atlantic, this is known.

And it looks like the staff discussed it, voted on it, and generally approved it.