WBO Organized Play Rule Updates Nov 2019: Ruling Simplifications & Clarifications

(Dec. 07, 2019  6:00 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Dec. 01, 2019  1:55 AM)Siⱺn Wrote: has anyone did stamina tests on Gaia dragoon? I know for sure it has poor stamina due to the distribution of weight.

I know how Jade Jupiter was permitted in limited because it was fair in terms of battle results.
Trust me, if we can't get most of the turbo exclusives and other turbo layers from Hasbro unbanned in classic, a layer with metal on it is definitely gonna be a no no.

Except all of the metal of Gaia Dragoon is central weight. Not to mention the fact that Gaia Dragoon's own gimmick is a detriment. I think it would be fair to have perform reasons behind Gaia Dragoon being banned and not just "it has metal" (if that was the reasoning).

Aren't Turbo Layers more comparable to God Layers in performance? There's supposedly going to be a format called "Burst Limited" based around God, Evolution, and Turbo Layer, and I think that should also include right spin Spriggan Requiem, Z Achilles, and Bloody Longinus. Plus, we can't even get Killer Deathscyther unbanned in Classic.
(Dec. 07, 2019  8:50 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote:
(Dec. 07, 2019  6:00 AM)bladekid Wrote: Trust me, if we can't get most of the turbo exclusives and other turbo layers from Hasbro unbanned in classic, a layer with metal on it is definitely gonna be a no no.

Except all of the metal of Gaia Dragoon is central weight. Not to mention the fact that Gaia Dragoon's own gimmick is a detriment. I think it would be fair to have perform reasons behind Gaia Dragoon being banned and not just "it has metal" (if that was the reasoning).

Aren't Turbo Layers more comparable to God Layers in performance? There's supposedly going to be a format called "Burst Limited" based around God, Evolution, and Turbo Layer, and I think that should also include right spin Spriggan Requiem, Z Achilles, and Bloody Longinus. Plus, we can't even get Killer Deathscyther unbanned in Classic.
If we look at every turbo exclusive besides morringna and Balor, it's clear they are more like dual layers than god, and same with V4, A4, and F4 from wave 1. And tbh, metal is metal for the most part and no layer (from my experience) weighs more than like 10 grams, so a layer with metal would be really strong. Plus the iwd would give it really good defense most likely. Idk, just my 2 sense.
Are the Slingshock Drivers legal?
The Rules Clarification announcements are not the right threads to ask random rules questions in.

I believe the correct thread would be https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Questio...ut-the-WBO

Yes, they're all legal in Burst Standard, and almost all (except Atomic-S) are legal in Burst Classic.
(Dec. 08, 2019  11:15 PM)Asuka Tenjoin Wrote: Are the Slingshock Drivers legal?

Yes, the drivers aren't OP so i dont see why not!
I still don't get it. Why do you need to wear down volcanic?
(Dec. 09, 2019  1:12 AM)YishYash Wrote: I still don't get it. Why do you need to wear down volcanic?

I think it is to make it more controllable.
All these rules look fair and ill make sure to keep them in mind in case i achieve my goal of organizer
Some great updates here. I think the community will be happy with what you have done. Thanks for all your hard work guys.
I'm just overall upset with the Bullet driver ruling, I do get that it would be harder on judges to make a ruling for it, but I believe you are allowed to recommend that a judge do reconsider a ruling and if the match is recorded, then evidence can be provided for a clear ruling. Overall, this new ruling takes away all the individuality the driver had that made it semi-viable in the first place, reversing a ruling that to me at least, made the Bullet driver seem more attractive to use in a combo
So I have a question, I read the rules above, like at the very top, but now my main question is....... does this mean I will no longer be able to use my Hasbro Maximum Garuda in tournaments anymore?
(Dec. 29, 2019  11:40 AM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote: So I have a question, I read the rules above, like at the very top, but now my main question is....... does this mean I will no longer be able to use my Hasbro Maximum Garuda in tournaments anymore?
No. The Maximum Garuda rule in this rule update is referring to Takara Tomy's Maximum Garuda, not Hasbro's Garuda G3. It just removes the God Chip Restriction, meaning you can use any compatible God Chip with Maximum Garuda now. Maximum Garuda and Garuda G3 are still allowed in tournaments.
(Dec. 29, 2019  12:33 PM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2019  11:40 AM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote: So I have a question, I read the rules above, like at the very top, but now my main question is....... does this mean I will no longer be able to use my Hasbro Maximum Garuda in tournaments anymore?
No. The Maximum Garuda rule in this rule update is referring to Takara Tomy's Maximum Garuda, not Hasbro's Garuda G3. It just removes the God Chip Restriction, meaning you can use any compatible God Chip with Maximum Garuda now. Maximum Garuda and Garuda G3 are still allowed in tournaments.

That's good to know, was gonna freak out if I wasn't able to use it anymore
I appreciate this, Kei the restrictions on the HS drivers being removed is a very good decision indeed.
(Apr. 01, 2020  6:21 PM)Xtend+ Wrote: I appreciate this, Kei the restrictions on the HS drivers being removed is a very good decision indeed.

Why do you believe Kei has removed the restriction on Hypersphere drivers in Burst Classic? He hasn't, no one has. They're still restricted in Burst Classic. You need to read the rules a bit more carefully.
(Apr. 01, 2020  6:27 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2020  6:21 PM)Xtend+ Wrote: I appreciate this, Kei the restrictions on the HS drivers being removed is a very good decision indeed.

Why do you believe Kei has removed the restriction on Hypersphere drivers in Burst Classic? He hasn't, no one has. They're still restricted in Burst Classic. You need to read the rules a bit more carefully.

. Did i ever even refer to Burst Classic? And if he didn't then ok I don't care.

Stop vibe checking me everywhere I go. Sheesh its giving me a headache.
(Apr. 01, 2020  6:40 PM)Xtend+ Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2020  6:27 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Why do you believe Kei has removed the restriction on Hypersphere drivers in Burst Classic? He hasn't, no one has. They're still restricted in Burst Classic. You need to read the rules a bit more carefully.

. Did i ever even refer to Burst Classic? And if he didn't then ok I don't care.

Hypersphere drivers have never been restricted in Burst Standard, only in Burst Classic, and only as of late November 2019.
Is venom devolos tip allowed?
(Apr. 22, 2020  1:28 AM)Tybalam318 Wrote: Is venom devolos tip allowed?
The TT one?
It's called Bullet and it's fine in Classic and Standard.

EDIT:
The Hasbro one?
Banned in Classic, permitted in Standard.
(Apr. 22, 2020  1:42 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2020  1:28 AM)Tybalam318 Wrote: Is venom devolos tip allowed?

It's called Bullet and it's fine in Classic and Standard.

I believe he’s talking about the Hasbro one, which is a Hypersphere product so that means it has a Hypersphere tip which is banned in Classic.