WBO Organized Play Rule Updates Jan 2019: Spryzen Requiem/Garuda G3 Unbanned + More

So what I'm hearing is... they're unbanned... but if I win with them in tournaments... you're going to ban them.

Nice.
(Jan. 15, 2019  1:34 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: So what I'm hearing is... they're unbanned... but if I win with them in tournaments... you're going to ban them.

Nice.

Not at all. There is a difference between using a layer and winning and being able to safely spam it throughout a tournament and win haha

Simply put, with any ban or unban that remains contested (and most are) tournament feedback is important throughout the process.
This is great! Glad to hear I can finally experiment with some hasbro stuff for tournaments.
How will the variable driver fit in with the new rules about worn drivers? Isn't its whole gimmick to get worn down and evolve? Not trying to be rude, just wondering the ruling of that.
(Jan. 14, 2019  7:55 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: We're testing the waters with it and seeing whether their introduction will upset the metagame honestly. The Layers themselves likely can't compete with Cho-Z stuff anymore really.

It's also partly to put recent concerns about Hasbro Bearing to the test by giving it access to as many Layers as possible. Shall give us data on whether HasBearing actually needs to be hit just yet, which we're already cautious of in our own way.

Bearing on opposite/duel spin beys in general needs to be hit. It degrades the metagame that Bearing is allowed to make the game boring, and it's annoying that Sr (maybe Requiem S3) cannot mode change their spin just because they would be too strong with Bearing. I'm unsure about Cho-Z Spriggan being allowed to mode change its spin being too powerful (with Bearing banned).
(Jan. 17, 2019  1:19 AM)isickell Wrote: How will the variable driver fit in with the new rules about worn drivers? Isn't its whole gimmick to get worn down and evolve? Not trying to be rude, just wondering the ruling of that.

Similarly to Ev, It only becomes illegal when the plastic on the driver is making contact with the stadium or effect performance to something unintended.
(Jan. 20, 2019  7:27 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2019  1:19 AM)isickell Wrote: How will the variable driver fit in with the new rules about worn drivers? Isn't its whole gimmick to get worn down and evolve? Not trying to be rude, just wondering the ruling of that.

Similarly to Ev, It only becomes illegal when the plastic on the driver is making contact with the stadium or effect performance to something unintended.

Alright, thanks
Shoot cant use my xtreme or variable. It's extremely worn out.
How do you do that to a Quest? It's whole point is to stay in one place, not allowing it to move too much, so HOW do you wear that thing down THAT much?!
Yay I can enter tournaments now!!! Garuda for Life!
YAY! G3 and Sr3 are unbanned! Time to burst them at Tournaments!
You might have more luck out spinning them or knocking them out. Bursting isn't really their thing. But you are welcome to try bursting them.
(Feb. 01, 2019  10:24 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You might have more luck out spinning them or knocking them out. Bursting isn't really their thing. But you are welcome to try bursting them.

I can do it easily with my friends and my self
The Airknight is huge like Garuda, it will be interesting to see who all 'pulls to the top' in the next Tournaments! Smile
Is it just the has to that’s unbanned or tt also
(Feb. 09, 2019  7:20 PM)Beyblade 99 Wrote: Is it just the has to that’s unbanned or tt also

Both. TAKARA-TOMY's Maximum Garuda was unabanned in August 2018: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Org...a-Unbanned
(Feb. 01, 2019  10:40 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2019  10:24 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You might have more luck out spinning them or knocking them out. Bursting isn't really their thing. But you are welcome to try bursting them.

I can do it easily with my friends and my self

Than you either have incredible luck, make absurdly good burst attackers, or your G3 has really worn out slopes.
(Feb. 09, 2019  10:38 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2019  10:40 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I can do it easily with my friends and my self

Than you either have incredible luck, make absurdly good burst attackers, or your G3 has really worn out slopes.

All you need to Burst G3 is just use a Left Spin with good stamina
(Feb. 09, 2019  10:39 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  10:38 PM)bladekid Wrote: Than you either have incredible luck, make absurdly good burst attackers, or your G3 has really worn out slopes.

All you need to Burst G3 is just use a Left Spin with good stamina

What? How does that work lol?
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:03 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  10:39 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: All you need to Burst G3 is just use a Left Spin with good stamina

What? How does that work lol?
Well I discovered it when I was battling F3 VS G3 and G3 Bursted so I tried with other left spins and it has been working fine for months
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:05 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:03 PM)bladekid Wrote: What? How does that work lol?
Well I discovered it when I was battling F3 VS G3 and G3 Bursted so I tried with other left spins and it has been working fine for months

Like what?
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:12 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:05 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Well I discovered it when I was battling F3 VS G3 and G3 Bursted so I tried with other left spins and it has been working fine for months

Like what?
The main ones are the BEYBLADES with rubber F3, Sr3, gF, etc
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:14 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:12 PM)bladekid Wrote: Like what?
The main ones are the BEYBLADES with rubber F3, Sr3, gF, etc

Well, that's probably because of the rubber. Also, have you tried weak launching?.
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:15 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:14 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: The main ones are the BEYBLADES with rubber F3, Sr3, gF, etc

Well, that's probably because of the rubber. Also, have you tried weak launching?.

I can also use lS3 and L3 and all Left spin to burst G3 also yeah almost any Launch works
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:19 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:15 PM)bladekid Wrote: Well, that's probably because of the rubber. Also, have you tried weak launching?.

I can also use lS3 and L3 and all Left spin to burst G3 also yeah almost any Launch works

Than your G3 is really worn out. Maybe SrS3 and F3 could get a lucky burst on it, but not really the other ones. lS3 is bad in left spin mode L3 is bad against right spin beys.