WBO Organized Play Rule Updates Feb 2019: dP, rP, pP, iP, P4 Usage Clarifications

Outlined below are several important new ruling additions, updates, and clarifications to the WBO Organized Play Burst Format rulebook. View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Rule Updates Overview
  • IMPORTANT: Burst Format: Dead/Perfect/Imperfect/Revive Phoenix & Phoenix P4 Usage Clarifications

Burst Format Updates

[Image: t1Fliry.png]

IMPORTANT Burst Format: Dead/Perfect/Imperfect/Revive Phoenix & Phoenix P4 Usage Clarifications

First Stage
The Revive Phoenix/Dead Phoenix Layer Body and the Revive/Dead Armour are considered to be separate parts.

Regular mode changing rules (see Gameplay Appendix of Burst Format rulebook) for Layers that require disassembly and have mode changes (like Alter Chronos or Legend Spriggan) do not apply to rP, dP, pP, and iP because the different configurations are considered as separate Layers and not “modes”.

Therefore, you cannot switch your configuration of rP, dP, pP, or iP during a regular first stage match.

Final Stage (Deck Format)
The Revive Phoenix Layer Body and Dead Phoenix Layer Body and the Revive/Dead Armors cannot be repeated within decks or switched between rounds in the Final Stage.

Therefore, it is legal to include rP + dP OR pP + iP in your Deck, but not any other combination of configurations.

Note: “pP” refers to Perfect Phoenix (Revive Phoenix Layer Body + Dead Armor) and “iP” refers to “Imperfect Phoenix” (Dead Phoenix Layer Body + Revive Armor).

[Image: 1fY92NX.png]

Dead & Revive Armour Gameplay Rule Updates
We’ve updated the gameplay ruling description for Revive Armour to include Dead Armour and the various configurations of the Layer:

Dead Armour & Revive Armour Wrote:The Revive Phoenix “Revive Armour” or Dead Phoenix “Dead Armour”  (the outer ring of the Layer Body which can pop off mid-battle) must be used with one of the Layer Body pieces from either Beyblade. When the ring comes off during battle it is considered an active piece in the stadium as part of the Dead/Revive/Perfect/Imperfect Phoenix combination in use. This means any hits, KO, or Burst it inflicts on the opposing Beyblade are considered to be Dead/Revive/Perfect/Imperfect Phoenix’s. Players and judges should not try to pick up the Dead Armour or Revive Armour at all until the round has ended. The armour piece attached to the Layer Body the beginning of the battle must be reattached after each round it comes off.

Phoenix P4
Hasbro’s Phoenix P4 Energy Layer may not be mixed with pieces from TAKARA-TOMY’s Revive or Dead Phoenix and vice-versa for both with Phoenix P4.

New Experimental Format: Burst Classic Testing Continues!
First announced alongside our January 2019 Rule Updates, the experimental Burst Classic Format discussion has been ongoing over the past month and we’ve had a few test events since then trying it out.

The format is still very much in the experimental stage, so we encourage more Organizers to try it out for their events and for all members to provide their feedback and testing to help us perfect it!

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.

View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here.
Thanks for clarifying.
An additional clarification regarding Phoenix P4 has been added:

(Feb. 11, 2019  1:22 AM)Kei Wrote: Phoenix P4
Hasbro’s Phoenix P4 Energy Layer may not be mixed with pieces from TAKARA-TOMY’s Revive or Dead Phoenix and vice-versa for both with Phoenix P4.
Thanks!!! Can’t wait to play around with phoenix!
I have an idea, probably not that good, but still I wanted to say it.

I think that when a new bey is released, it should be barred from tournaments for a week or so. Reason: Testing and allowing people to get the parts.

Example: Royal Cho-Z Spriggan. The layer and disk would be allowed because they were released before, but Jolt' would be barred for a week so that people can get the new part, and so that it can be tested.
(Feb. 16, 2019  11:26 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: I have an idea, probably not that good, but still I wanted to say it.

I think that when a new bey should be barred from tournaments for a week or so. Reason: Testing and allowing people to get the parts.

Example: Royal Cho-Z Spriggan. The layer and disk would be allowed because they were released before, but Jolt' would be barred for a week so that people can get the new part, and so that it can be tested.
That actually sounds like a good idea!
If you don't know what a first stage match is you should read the Burst Format rules.
Question: how likely is it that pP gets banned? I mean, it is super heavy and seems round and hard to burst. Thanks!
(Feb. 19, 2019  5:03 PM)bladekid Wrote: Question: how likely is it that pP gets banned? I mean, it is super heavy and seems round and hard to burst. Thanks!

It probably won't get banned because it's the same old Revive Phoenix once the armor is off.
(Feb. 21, 2019  12:38 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2019  5:03 PM)bladekid Wrote: Question: how likely is it that pP gets banned? I mean, it is super heavy and seems round and hard to burst. Thanks!

It probably won't get banned because it's the same old Revive Phoenix once the armor is off.

Yeah, but what it if doesn't come off that easily?
(Feb. 21, 2019  6:04 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2019  12:38 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It probably won't get banned because it's the same old Revive Phoenix once the armor is off.

Yeah, but what it if doesn't come off that easily?

Sure, it's possible to lose it late in battle or not at all, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any counters to it. High-recoil layers paired up with stationary or high-friction drivers can easily knock the armor off. If anything, pP helps diversify the metagame.
Yo kei thanks man and also I hope I meat you in real life you I can crush you and I will battle other bladers to and Mark your book bc I only use hevay beys
(Feb. 25, 2019  6:11 AM)Jeremiah15 Wrote: Yo kei thanks man and also I hope I meat you in real life you I can crush you and I will battle other bladers to and Mark your book bc I only use hevay beys

There’s a lot more to Beyblade than the weight... I don’t think it’ll be that easy to beat him, considering his tournament wins.
Alrighty! I can’t wait to use Phoenix in a tournament! Phoenix is my favorite regardless of how op it is.

I just think it looks awesome!
I just ordered a Phoenix anyways so that is good!????
(Dec. 21, 2019  8:04 PM)StormSpider Wrote: I just ordered a Phoenix anyways so that is good!????
This rules update is for 7 months ago. Now is really the wrong time to reply to this thread with non-rules discussion.