WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts

Report:- The All-Out Mid-Air Battle
I reached event at around 1:20pm due to again extremely heavy traffic (sorry will next time leave 1 hour early) and seen Alex Mercer, AaryanBITW and Harrydestructor. So as there were quite a bit members left to come and they informed me they will be late. We started preparing for event, free playing, making combos, talk about plans for scavnger hunt and finish our battles. So at 1:35pm we started battle with Aaryan vs Aditya (Alex Mercer) which I called clash of judges (as those 2 were) and in which both used almost same combos (Zirago staller) but Aaryan used Gryph bellow instead and won the round, then after sometime (at around 1:50pm) Ashton came and we finished his battles. At around 2:14pm Super Phantom came and we finshed his battles too so as we done with everyone's battle. I took my Balro, Genbu, Light Launcher and Dragoon Winder and sat down to do my battles lol. I was hoping to get a decent win rate like everytime but surprisingly I won all matches except against Jay where he somehow avoided KO from my Balro with his Girago MF (btw Balro won against it when other 3 guys used it) so at around 2:40pm. Jksiddh came but not alone, with a surprise. He got his 3 friends with him and solved problem less members (really appreciate that bro) so we did there battles too. And finally before finals I finished my battles with them too but as we were getting late for Zero-g. Alex Mercer judged a tiebreaker of Ashton vs Aaryan (btw I'm REALLY sad I missed such a explosive battle) and on other side I finished my battles with em.

Overall I really enjoyed this event and had quite a bit fun. Though in last movement there was some chaos (getting extremely late will post about it in Zero-g thread) but overall I had real fun with all my friends AND I GOT MY DUO BACK.

Mainly. It's my best performance of any STD event till now. I first time placed in a non-LTD tournament. Though I lost many battles in ZRG but I had lots of fun and found some really cool combos (which actually works) and mainly I finally learned how to launch ZRG attackers!!!

I will send result of both event tonight!! Thanks to all who came!!
You know, since it's mandatory to insert the results of a tournament in real-time, sometimes you guys may get confused or stuck trying to figure out which battle went first, etc. (even if you're using paper) If you're using Challonge, clicking on "Log" will provide you the rounds you did in real time. Lol just something to help you guys out with.

[Image: 8zkeNPq.png]
(Mar. 05, 2017  5:37 PM)Ultra Wrote: Okay so after playing in the deck format finals yesterday I do still strongly feel that it shouldn't be mandatory and that it should be up to the finalists who are going to be taking part. I get that there are a contingent of players who wanted more of a challenge which is fine but I don't feel those who aren't interested in that should be forced into it.

What was it specifically you didn't like about single-elimination deck finals?

Since this is related to organized play, I'll move discussion to this topic.
(Mar. 05, 2017  5:44 PM)Angry Face Wrote: What was it specifically you didn't like about single-elimination deck finals?

Since this is related to organized play, I'll move discussion to this topic.

-I don't like the deck part specifically. I've been playing a long time and i've never felt that it needed to be more challenging. This definitely stems from the large part of my tourney going me not doing so well so I fully understand how the top ranking players could feel completely differently and how they would get bored. I definitely think that their feelings should be acknowledged but also that it shouldn't be forced on players like me who never asked for it. 
-This is going to sound like me whining but when I was playing yesterday from the first round of my first match I definitely had a good shot at winning. But because it was deck format there was continual switching and I lost eventually coming third whereas in the old format I feel I would have had a good shot at coming second or even first.
-I don't like the part about the winning player of the previous round having to chose first and then being at a large disadvantage.
-There was definitely a feeling yesterday that it shouldn't be mandatory. Also wasn't the experimental format only tried out in the US and Canada? We in the UK didn't get asked and didn't get to form an opinion and influence the result.
-I know this my first one but I felt it was complicated. Even one of the judges had to be advised by Mana.
-I get that you're going for strategy but I feel it's limiting. When i'm going into a match I want to be able to use everything I have. Going back to my round I talked about I chose a D2 combo instead of a D combo and it definitely ended up costing me.
(Mar. 05, 2017  6:19 PM)Ultra Wrote: -I don't like the deck part specifically. I've been playing a long time and i've never felt that it needed to be more challenging. This definitely stems from the large part of my tourney going me not doing so well so I fully understand how the top ranking players could feel completely differently and how they would get bored. I definitely think that their feelings should be acknowledged but also that it shouldn't be forced on players like me who never asked for it. 
-This is going to sound like me whining but when I was playing yesterday from the first round of my first match I definitely had a good shot at winning. But because it was deck format there was continual switching and I lost eventually coming third whereas in the old format I feel I would have had a good shot at coming second or even first.
-I don't like the part about the winning player of the previous round having to chose first and then being at a large disadvantage.
-There was definitely a feeling yesterday that it shouldn't be mandatory. Also wasn't the experimental format only tried out in the US and Canada? We in the UK didn't get asked and didn't get to form an opinion and influence the result.
-I know this my first one but I felt it was complicated. Even one of the judges had to be advised by Mana.
-I get that you're going for strategy but I feel it's limiting. When i'm going into a match I want to be able to use everything I have. Going back to my round I talked about I chose a D2 combo instead of a D combo and it definitely ended up costing me.

Wait, if you chose a bad combo (D2 instead of D) then wouldn't that be even more likely to happen in double-blind?

Or if you used D2 and won, then he switched and countered you, why didn't you switch first? I suppose the idea here is that you should have been able to guess which combo he'd use in response to your D2 and judge whether you could handle that match-up or not BEFORE choosing to use D2. That's strategy, I guess. If he had a solid counter for your D2 in his deck, you should have gone with a different combo.

Seems like that could not be more fair. Bummer you lost though. 3rd overall ain't bad.
(Mar. 05, 2017  10:08 PM)L Drago 34 Wrote: anyone have a Domsizer QR code

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H26hPdeb58U
(Mar. 05, 2017  10:04 PM)Beylon Wrote: Wait, if you chose a bad combo (D2 instead of D) then wouldn't that be even more likely to happen in double-blind?

Or if you used D2 and won, then he switched and countered you, why didn't you switch first? I suppose the idea here is that you should have been able to guess which combo he'd use in response to your D2 and judge whether you could handle that match-up or not BEFORE choosing to use D2. That's strategy, I guess. If he had a solid counter for your D2 in his deck, you should have gone with a different combo.

Seems like that could not be more fair. Bummer you lost though. 3rd overall ain't bad.

I guess this is in hindsight but I also know the player quite well so if I really thought more I would have picked D because it's a better counter to this L2 (which he was obviously going to pick) than D2. I also meant generally and can't remember exactly how it went. So I guess it's either my fault for not thinking it through more or not being used to the deck format or both.
(Mar. 05, 2017  6:19 PM)Ultra Wrote: -There was definitely a feeling yesterday that it shouldn't be mandatory. Also wasn't the experimental format only tried out in the US and Canada? We in the UK didn't get asked and didn't get to form an opinion and influence the result.

The experimental format period lasted many months, so there was plenty of opportunity for any other region to try it out. Is it really our fault if the London community never got together during that period to try it?
I'm surprised that L2SO actually works well against DHR
(Mar. 06, 2017  1:23 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The experimental format period lasted many months, so there was plenty of opportunity for any other region to try it out. Is it really our fault if the London community never got together during that period to try it?

I was under the impression our community had to be asked but if that's not the case then sorry for blaming that on you guys. Are you going to consider making it optional then?
For the record, we did run an Experimental Format event in London in October. You weren't there for it though, so that's likely the issue here, haha.
haha wow, exactly four years since my first ever wbo event: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-03-31-1...n-Bey-Fair
(Apr. 01, 2017  12:05 AM)Mitsu Wrote: haha wow, exactly four years since my first ever wbo event: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-03-31-1...n-Bey-Fair

We need to have "Post Modern Bey Fair" soon.
I know I probably sound like I am a massive noob here, but when considering what to ban, do members consider what the part being , idk, surveyed, counters?

Petty Example (Click to View)

Please kindly remember I was only recently introduced to the WBO.
(Apr. 20, 2017  9:57 PM)Oshawott King Wrote: I know I probably sound like I am a massive noob here, but when considering what to ban, do members consider what the part being , idk, surveyed, counters?

Petty Example (Click to View)

Please kindly remember I was only recently introduced to the WBO.

For that scenario to work, Horusood H2 would almost certainly be that target for banning, because if its *counter* is getting wildly overused, then Horusood is clearly enough of a problem that the meta revolves around it and its counters.

The current proposal to ban Deathscyther and/or D2 has been discussed in one form or another for quite a long while, and how those parts affect the meta as a whole has been a core part of that discussion. One one hand, we don't want to be overzealous and ban stuff that doesn't need to be banned, but everyone just wants to enjoy the game, and D2's widespread usage is, in many people's eyes, hurting the integrity of Burst as a whole.
Looks like this event just got processed, so hopefully the BeyPoint system is almost ready. Who all does everyone think is going to be in the top 10 once everything is up to date?

my prediction (Click to View)

As well as I've performed since the system update, I don't think I've played frequently enough to crack the top 10, though I can definitely see myself in the top 15.
I'm surprised that there aren't a lot of tournaments in Tennessee... I have a lot of friends there that are bladers, but don't have WBO accounts....
(Jul. 05, 2017  12:20 PM)Blader ZK7 Wrote: I'm surprised that there aren't a lot of tournaments in Tennessee... I have a lot of friends there that are bladers, but don't have WBO accounts....

well tell them to join the wbo then you guys can have tournamnets
(Jul. 05, 2017  12:31 PM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2017  12:20 PM)Blader ZK7 Wrote: I'm surprised that there aren't a lot of tournaments in Tennessee... I have a lot of friends there that are bladers, but don't have WBO accounts....

well tell them to join the wbo then you guys can have tournamnets

I will when I see them at the end of the summer. The age limit for hosting tournaments may be a problem though...
(Jul. 05, 2017  8:35 AM)Wombat Wrote: Looks like this event just got processed, so hopefully the BeyPoint system is almost ready. Who all does everyone think is going to be in the top 10 once everything is up to date?

Yeah, we've been working on updating the BP Queue and completing a transfer to the tournament data archive rather than using the thread. That's not done yet and we'll probably try to enlist help from the community for the winning combos and the archive for each format, but we've processed a few events lately as a test and it seems to be working now. Just waiting on a few other things to be implemented before we can confirm that everything is good and make an announcement.

I'm not going to make predictions for the all of the rankings, but I would be shocked if I didn't move up past #3 for Burst haha. I did relatively poorly in the last two events, and had some bad events just after we stopped processing in October/November 2016, but between December and the end of May I was 71-16 (82% win rate) in Burst Format.
(Jul. 06, 2017  8:16 PM)Kei Wrote: Yeah, we've been working on updating the BP Queue and completing a transfer to the tournament data archive rather than using the thread. That's not done yet and we'll probably try to enlist help from the community for the winning combos and the archive for each format, but we've processed a few events lately as a test and it seems to be working now. Just waiting on a few other things to be implemented before we can confirm that everything is good and make an announcement.

I can help out with the winning combos, just one question though: will combos from the unranked experimental events be included in the archive? What about Club Format and Hasbro-only events?
(Jul. 07, 2017  7:16 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2017  8:16 PM)Kei Wrote: Yeah, we've been working on updating the BP Queue and completing a transfer to the tournament data archive rather than using the thread. That's not done yet and we'll probably try to enlist help from the community for the winning combos and the archive for each format, but we've processed a few events lately as a test and it seems to be working now. Just waiting on a few other things to be implemented before we can confirm that everything is good and make an announcement.

I can help out with the winning combos, just one question though: will combos from the unranked experimental events be included in the archive? What about Club Format and Hasbro-only events?

Great! We will let everyone know when we're ready to proceed with that. And probably, but maybe in separate sheets or otherwise noted somehow that they are from experimental, club, or Hasbro events.
Had my second longest win streak ever snapped yesterday after 28 consecutive match wins in Burst Format! Just double-checked and my longest ever was way back in 2011 with 35 consecutive match wins in MFB Format beginning at BEYBLADE CRUSADE. Pretty crazy ...

Has anyone ever had a longer one at WBO events?
In deck format, can only 1 Metal God Chip be used on a bey?
Would the same apply for 2 non-metal but same god chips?