WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts

You barely made the top 1,000 because everyone except me at the start of the tourney had 1,000 BeyPoints, so it would be hard to make significant gains in points.
Thanks Kei, I will post my question here and hopefully I will get a answer.

Why has there been a lack of tournaments coming up here in the NY/NJ area?
(Oct. 05, 2013  5:57 PM)Demon Blader Wrote: Thanks Kei, I will post my question here and hopefully I will get a answer.

Why has there been a lack of tournaments coming up here in the NY/NJ area?

I cannot fully answer you, but:

Most likely because people don't want to host.

Everyone expects events, but someone actually has to organize and host one. It's not necessarily lack of interest.

I know this is a pretty generic response, but if you really want an event, try organizing/hosting one.
I am more then willing to host one that's not the issue. I put up a post and only one person said they would come so fare and it's been up for about 2 weeks now and still no more members responded. I am wondering if everyone around here just got mad not seeing any new tournaments getting posted and quit. I can tell that Bayblade is not as hot as it was a while ago just by going into the local stores.
Try searching for people to outside of the WBO as well and encourage them to join. If the community doesn't exist, the only way it will come into being is if you go out there and create it.
Since we're posting lists:

WBO Organized Play Rankings - U.S.A.
As of 09/28/13 - (MFB) Tulsa, OK: "OK, alright, mirai~!" (Click to View)

I don't know all these peoples' current states, so I only placed markers beside a few names.

If others want to use this list to compose smaller lists for their regions, it'd be helpful if in those regional lists, they had a majority of their members' statuses annotated like the other lists above. That way, the information yet gathered on the members of various Blading communities in the US can be added to the above list.

EDIT: oh hey look there's a thread for this now
Really loving my new Beyrank! My first like 30 battles were all losses, but I got much better!

Is it bad that I feel horrible for passing some of the WBO's legendary best bladers in the ranks?
You shouldn't feel bad they can't be best forever
(Oct. 07, 2013  9:00 PM)LMAO Wrote: Really loving my new Beyrank! My first like 30 battles were all losses, but I got much better!

Is it bad that I feel horrible for passing some of the WBO's legendary best bladers in the ranks?
Nah you deserve it, congrats! Your area has some tough competition as well Smile
Thanks a lot guys! It just feels weird having a higher rank to people you really look up to!

There is, especially with Kei, JesseObre, Pockyx3, and Suntailhawk and MidnightLWBO who are continuously getting better, it'll be hard winning some more tournaments!
(Oct. 07, 2013  9:00 PM)LMAO Wrote: Really loving my new Beyrank! My first like 30 battles were all losses, but I got much better!

Congrats for passing my rank i was so surprised that you passed it so fast.
So the BeyPoints Queue is now at the shortest it's ever been in since like... forever. It means that you guys' actual BeyPoints and Rankings are also almost in their actual "real-time?" state.

After we iron out a couple blocking tournaments, we can all celebrate WBO's 1st ever updated BeyPoints system since its first implementation. Woo-hooo!!!

Also guys, I will personally apologize to the hosts, if in these past few months, we've been firm and nagging on you guys about results & fees. It's all for the greater good. Smile

~ peace
I Agree LMAO. There Are Other Bladers Doing Well Like Wally.web, Bladery66 And Even Max88183 Smile
(Oct. 08, 2013  4:46 AM)Uwik Wrote: So the BeyPoints Queue is now at the shortest it's ever been in since like... forever. It means that you guys' actual BeyPoints and Rankings are also almost in their actual "real-time?" state.

After we iron out a couple blocking tournaments, we can all celebrate WBO's 1st ever updated BeyPoints system since its first implementation. Woo-hooo!!!

Also guys, I will personally apologize to the hosts, if in these past few months, we've been firm and nagging on you guys about results & fees. It's all for the greater good. Smile

~ peace

I believe I speak not only for myself but the rest of the WBO when I say this, thank you soooooo much. I understand you and the rest of the committee have separate lives away from the site but the time and effort you guys put into the Beypoint Queue is just so great, I can not express my gratitude. THANK YOU FOR THIS BRO! (And the rest of the committee) Smile
Wow, my bey rank is amazing Tongue_out I got here in March, and I'm already in the top 200. I feel happy with myself Tongue_out
(Oct. 09, 2013  2:13 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: I believe I speak not only for myself but the rest of the WBO when I say this, thank you soooooo much. I understand you and the rest of the committee have separate lives away from the site but the time and effort you guys put into the Beypoint Queue is just so great, I can not express my gratitude. THANK YOU FOR THIS BRO! (And the rest of the committee) Smile

The entire Committee has contributed in one way or another to the development of the new BeyPoint System, and to the processing/re-processing of tournaments, but Uwik really has been the man driving forward the entire operation, so he definitely deserves thanks from everybody more than anyone else!
It's insane, the speed that Uwik processes tournaments is amazing. I PM him, and 5 minutes after he reads it, my Faces are already in lol.
In yesterday's event, we had two of the youngest tournament participants, both aged 7 years. Those two are certainly the youngest to be a part of a tournament in India ATM. IIRC we had 8 year olds in Beyblade Challenge but none younger than 8 years.
So, I was wondering, who was the youngest user ever to be a participant in a WBO tourney? Or are these two the youngest ones?
In one of the LA tourneys, there was a 4-5 year old who came in approximately 5th place with STOCK Phantom Orion BD (Hasbro)
Edit: He used a typical Hasbro Ripcord launcher.
My little bro came 4th in Jakarta's first tournament IIRC. He was 5 back then.
My cousin was in 5th place. She relied on Meteo spin-steal combos for most of her wins. Ironically, she chose Meteo because she wanted a 'Dragon-type' for her beyblade.
I am really happy with my almost processed rank. Just look at my faces! Grin
I finally have a BeyRank!! Yes!! Even though its terrible, I'm happy to see the event is finally processed Smile.

My cousins rank is a little better than mine XD.
My rank skyrocketed 200 places. Woo! XD
Wow that was amazingly fast Uwik. Thank you for all your work. The only problem I have is.... Wyatt V2 passed me in rankings for the first time ever! Well I guess his mastery of attack and my mistake for trending away from it this last tournament did it in for me. Congrats Wyatt.