WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

Should There Be An Official Rule For Bullet Like The Phoenix Gimmick
Undecided yet, we're waiting on wbba rulings to see how they handle it.
Are Hasbro Rip Fire and Digital Control Kit Layers the same as the main line parts? (Making them legal?)
(Aug. 16, 2019  4:36 AM)Barreto Wrote: Are Hasbro Rip Fire and Digital Control Kit Layers the same as the main line parts? (Making them legal?)
They should be.
(Aug. 16, 2019  4:36 AM)Barreto Wrote: Are Hasbro Rip Fire and Digital Control Kit Layers the same as the main line parts? (Making them legal?)

The Layers are completely fine because they're just recolors, but the giant Disks and Drivers aren't.
Is an LR Launcher that you have to manually wind the string back in illegal on tournaments?
(Aug. 16, 2019  8:09 PM)Barreto Wrote: Is an LR Launcher that you have to manually wind the string back in illegal on tournaments?

This is one of those things where I would say use your discretionary power as a judge/organizer. If it functions as intended/normally when it is wound back in, then it's probably fine.
Orbit Metal should have the same Deck Format rule as Dash and SlingShock variants, where they can't be used in a Deck that also contains the original version of the part. I noticed it wasn't stated in the Burst Rulebook, so I'm guessing you guys forgot to make the update alongside the Lord Spriggan direction change update.
(Aug. 27, 2019  1:37 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Orbit Metal should have the same Deck Format rule as Dash and SlingShock variants, where they can't be used in a Deck that also contains the original version of the part. I noticed it wasn't stated in the Burst Rulebook, so I'm guessing you guys forgot to make the update alongside the Lord Spriggan direction change update.
I think may be this point should be discussed. In MFB we had Ball, Metal Ball, Rubber Ball..... Flat, Metal Flat, Rubber Flat....

I also don’t know that Jl-S and Hn-S is so much like Hn and Jl.
about the lord spriggan thing can you still change the tip
(Aug. 29, 2019  12:11 AM)faze revive Wrote: about the lord spriggan thing  can you still change the tip

What do you mean?

Of course you can use any TT driver/performance tip with it.

Are you asking about the spin direction? Or something else?
(Aug. 29, 2019  12:11 AM)faze revive Wrote: about the lord spriggan thing  can you still change the tip

The Dimension' Driver can still change modes at any time.
Stadium Miss Question: A stadium miss is worth 1 point, right? Example: A player launches and the beyblade lands on the floor. The rules say when a Bey exits the stadium so it could be argued it never entered it, which is what some parents were saying. I remember reading that a stadium miss was worth 1 point but I can't find it in the Burst Standard Rulebook.
(Sep. 26, 2019  4:39 AM)Barreto Wrote: Stadium Miss Question: A stadium miss is worth 1 point, right? Example: A player launches and the beyblade lands on the floor. The rules say when a Bey exits the stadium so it could be argued it never entered it, which is what some parents were saying.

That's a good question. Those parents had a valid point, it definitely says Stadium Exits are what grant the points, not misses. I would classify a total stadium miss as a mislaunch, myself. 

The official rules state:
"Relaunching
If your launch is obstructed or noticeably underpowered due to an event beyond your control, you can request a relaunch, which will immediately void and end the current round.

The primary reasons you’d want to request a relaunch are:

• Your launcher malfunctions in a way that causes your launch to be underpowered
  • You are accidentally hit or shoved by the opposing player or a spectator

You must request a relaunch immediately after your Beyblade leaves the launcher, and the judge may deny your request if they determine that you were at fault.

"

But if the blader misses the stadium entirely, it seems like a jerk move to penalize them a point. Give them a break, they're nervous. It doesn't get more underpowered than You Missed The Stadium. And have them do a practice launch to ensure it doesn't happen again.

If it happens like 3 times in a row, start giving points to their opponent, there's just no helping them at that point.
(Sep. 26, 2019  4:39 AM)Barreto Wrote: Stadium Miss Question: A stadium miss is worth 1 point, right? Example: A player launches and the beyblade lands on the floor. The rules say when a Bey exits the stadium so it could be argued it never entered it, which is what some parents were saying. I remember reading that a stadium miss was worth 1 point but I can't find it in the Burst Standard Rulebook.

It's worth one point, but make sure to be lenient with newer and/or younger players. Also make sure that the Launcher didn't screw anything up.
(Sep. 26, 2019  4:59 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: That's a good question. Those parents had a valid point, it definitely says Stadium Exits are what grant the points, not misses. I would classify a total stadium miss as a mislaunch, myself. 

The official rules state:
"Relaunching
If your launch is obstructed or noticeably underpowered due to an event beyond your control, you can request a relaunch, which will immediately void and end the current round.

The primary reasons you’d want to request a relaunch are:

• Your launcher malfunctions in a way that causes your launch to be underpowered
  • You are accidentally hit or shoved by the opposing player or a spectator

You must request a relaunch immediately after your Beyblade leaves the launcher, and the judge may deny your request if they determine that you were at fault.

"

But if the blader misses the stadium entirely, it seems like a jerk move to penalize them a point. Give them a break, they're nervous. It doesn't get more underpowered than You Missed The Stadium. And have them do a practice launch to ensure it doesn't happen again.

If it happens like 3 times in a row, start giving points to their opponent, there's just no helping them at that point.

I mostly agree with counting it as a mislaunch, I just specifically read that a Stadium Miss was worth one point while I was reading the WBO resources before taking the Organizer Quiz (it may have been in some of the other sheets though.) Just want to be clear what the intended ruling is supposed to be.

The way I see it, Cons are: It could be used to get more information on your opponent, and it gives an out to kids trying crazy launches. Pros are: Encourages launching discipline, and in the case of multiple ties in a single match it could help decide the winner.
How to handle crazy launches:

"Excuse me, what you you doing there? Get back to the stadium and launch it from just above the stadium like everyone else."

Do not allow crazy anime launches.
Missing the stadium does not qualify for a relaunch; it is the players responsibility to launch inside the stadium. That's part of Beyblade. If their launch was not obstructed or noticeably underpowered due to an event beyond their control, then a relaunch should not be granted if requested.

But like CitrusNinja3 said, you can be lenient with newer and/or younger players where it seems appropriate. Judge's have the discretionary power to follow the letter of the law or to be more lenient depending on the circumstances with younger or inexperienced players. But they should follow the rules in this case when the issue involves an experienced player or someone you have any reason to believe is trying to use it to their advantage (to get more information on their opponent's launch strategy for example).
Experienced bladers don't miss the stadium, and if they do that's on them. When Barreto asked the original question, I was assuming sane launches, not anime launches. Only in his response did the spectre of anime launches show up.

I have discouraged bladers at tournaments from trying that in the past. Anyone doing an anime launch that misses can accept that their opponent just got a point, if the judge even permits that launch.
(Oct. 04, 2019  7:53 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Experienced bladers don't miss the stadium, and if they do that's on them. When Barreto asked the original question, I was assuming sane launches, not anime launches. Only in his response did the spectre of anime launches show up.

I have discouraged bladers at tournaments from trying that in the past. Anyone doing an anime launch that misses can accept that their opponent just got a point, if the judge even permits that launch.

Not to mention that anime launches can result in someone getting hurt. One person could end up smashing a launcher and a spinning Bey onto someone else's hand. Almost a year ago, some of my friends and I were playing Beyblade in the Wide Type Stadium, and one of my friends was launching from higher up and made Z Achilles land on my finger, resulting in a small cut and a bruise. I doubt that anyone, especially younger kids, would want to get hurt by their opponent mid-match. Also, if the person does end up missing the stadium, their Bey's Driver might get damaged, so players should be playing it safe anyway.
Also worth mentioning with regards to crazy launches that there is a rule that you have to launch within 30cm of the stadium floor. Obviously, this is impossible to measure completely accurately, but it does help judges to rule out anything outrageous immediately.
Will We Be Able To Use Orbit And Orbit Metal In One Deck?
(Oct. 05, 2019  10:48 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: Will We Be Able To Use Orbit And Orbit Metal In One Deck?

most likely not because slingshock aren't allow add their basically new driver
I feel as if we should have a gentleman rule, where any player can, before the match begins, can ask their opponent if they can play in a specified stadium that is generally not tournament legal. If their opponent agrees, then they can use that stadium for their match. This rule could help out beginners who are more used to their home stadiums. Lastly, gentleman matches would often be more fun for both the competitors and the spectators.
(Oct. 11, 2019  7:56 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: I feel as if we should have a gentleman rule, where any player can, before the match begins, can ask their opponent if they can play in a specified stadium that is generally not tournament legal. If their opponent agrees, then they can use that stadium for their match. This rule could help out beginners who are more used to their home stadiums. Lastly, gentleman matches would often be more fun for both the competitors and the spectators.

Perhaps in unranked tournaments only. When ranked battles are involved, you need to factor in that such a match has introduced an uneven variable into the scoring of who beat who. The Burst Standard stadiums are chosen based on uncrowded and at least decently fair stadiums, where all  bey types stand a decent chance. Nonstandard stadiums often suit one or two types almost exclusively. For the rankings to matter at all, the stadiums must remain consistent.

What happens if someone asks to play on their own stadium, but it has been altered in secret? That's no good.

If a tournament organizer has trouble acquiring one of the fair stadiums, they can run their own non-WBO tournaments with whatever stadiums they want and do whatever they want in the Your Creations subforum. But for ranked WBO tournaments, you either use the correct stadium or you don't hold a WBO tournament.

Also, please learn how the term "gentleman's agreement" works. You could easily just phrase it as "if both bladers and the judge agree, then".