WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

(May. 01, 2018  7:43 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 01, 2018  2:52 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: With that said I have personally had great success bursting MGC.mG.7.O with zA and wV, and am able to OS through destabilization with eF.

Do you have multiple Orbit Drivers? Wondering if anyone else has noticed a difference in the tightness of some of their Orbit Drivers like I have.

And what combos in each instance?

wV.7M.A

zA.5M.U this combo is literally only good for bursting mG, it cannot handle G3 at all.

And eF.0B.At is good for destabilization. 

I have 2 orbits. I have the one from A2 and the one fromW2, both seem about the same to me tbh.
I've been advocating a ban of Sr for at least a couple months now. The game is getting too toxic because of it, and nearly all the most successful combos at tournaments I've attended recently, and ones I haven't, have used it (Sr Destroy, Sr Bearing, Sr Atomic, and even Sr Wedge). As for Garuda, I believe that it absolutely should not be banned unless Sr is. I've played in two tournaments since I got G3 and have had it bursted on multiple occasions while using Atomic, and even once or twice with Orbit. In my mirror matches and the G3 vs mG matches I've played, mG has always been the winner by anywhere from one to two rotations. 

In addition to being countered by mG, G3 can be countered by a number of Bearing combos as well as smash attack; unlike Sr Bearing, it appears to have a variety of reliable counters, even if it can be annoyance to see it so often in tournaments. That being said, if Sr is banned, there is one less counter to G3, which I could see as justification for a ban consideration. Maximum Garuda, on the other hand, appears to be hardly a threat. One can't make finals using mG alone, due to the number of stationary and smash attack combinations that counter it, and personally in a meta without Sr, I'd feel more confident using dC Bearing any day.
For what it's worth:

(Apr. 21, 2018  8:02 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: We've obviously got a lot to discuss about Spriggan Requiem soon as well. There was clearly a lot of interest in taking some action against it as it's reached mG levels of excessive usage. Shall get a thread up sooner or later to discuss perhaps a trial ban on the Layer.
Yeah, Requiem was running rampant through that event. Had countless Sr Bearing mirror matches where it literally came down to who had the stronger launch in the end. Pretty dull to watch, and this kind of stuff isn't healthy in the slightest either.

Notably as well, @[Manicben] solely used Sr Bearing, losing only once with it in the preliminaries because of some janky wV Yielding combination that I'd come up with previously. Only lost in the finals as well because I had a harder launch than he did using the exact same combo...

It's unhealthy for the metagame to have this continue. I'm happy for bL testing to happen before an action is taken, but I'm dubious that it'll make too much of a difference. I urge anyone who has both Sr Bearing and the new Bloody Longinus layer to test it and let us know so we can make an informed decision! We'll be testing it ourselves within the week!
(May. 02, 2018  1:55 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: As for Garuda, I believe that it absolutely should not be banned unless Sr is. I've played in two tournaments since I got G3 and have had it bursted on multiple occasions while using Atomic, and even once or twice with Orbit. In my mirror matches and the G3 vs mG matches I've played, mG has always been the winner by anywhere from one to two rotations. 

In addition to being countered by mG, G3 can be countered by a number of Bearing combos as well as smash attack; unlike Sr Bearing, it appears to have a variety of reliable counters, even if it can be annoyance to see it so often in tournaments. That being said, if Sr is banned, there is one less counter to G3, which I could see as justification for a ban consideration. Maximum Garuda, on the other hand, appears to be hardly a threat. One can't make finals using mG alone, due to the number of stationary and smash attack combinations that counter it, and personally in a meta without Sr, I'd feel more confident using dC Bearing any day.

What has bursted your G3 Atomic on multiple occasions? How much have you used yours? I've barely been able to get it to budge on its slope, nevermind get close to bursting. mG on Orbit at least gets close to bursting (or bursts) when put up against decent stationary combos for me.

If anyone else has both mG and G3, I'd appreciate your input on the mirror match. It was a coin toss for me.

What smash attack combos counter G3 reliably? How do they win?

You believe dC Bearing is safer than mG in a metagame without Sr? That seems like a stretch by my estimation; mG Orbit is tighter than dC Bearing.

Maybe this is slightly unrelated as this is more about my experience with Deep Chaos on Bearing than mG, but I've also had some inconsistent results; I did some tests (solo) of dC.7.Br against mG.7S.At and dC won 10-0, but in tests I did recently (with two players) and in a tournament, dC keeps bursting ... its strange. If anyone else has tested this, post about it in the mG thread.

I'm a bit conflicted about mG since my tests in the thread I linked above indicated that it was easy to burst with things like sX.0M.O, but upon testing it again recently it seemed much stronger. Maybe I was doing something wrong ... I don't know haha. Regardless, the one I am 100% not conflicted on is G3; it allows you to use basically mG Atomic but with better burst resistance than even mG Orbit. That's crazy.

As always with parts like this, the issue isn't that you can't beat it. The issue is that it's too versatile and too safe against too many things.

(May. 02, 2018  4:15 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Yeah, Requiem was running rampant through that event. Had countless Sr Bearing mirror matches where it literally came down to who had the stronger launch in the end. Pretty dull to watch, and this kind of stuff isn't healthy in the slightest either.

While I am probably in favour of banning Sr right now, I'd say it never comes down only to who has a stronger launch. Launch technique and combo balance are also important factors.
(May. 02, 2018  8:27 PM)Kei Wrote: What has bursted your G3 Atomic on multiple occasions? How much have you used yours? I've barely been able to get it to budge on its slope, nevermind get close to bursting. mG on Orbit at least gets close to bursting (or bursts) when put up against decent stationary combos for me.

If anyone else has both mG and G3, I'd appreciate your input on the mirror match. It was a coin toss for me.

What smash attack combos counter G3 reliably? How do they win?

You believe dC Bearing is safer than mG in a metagame without Sr? That seems like a stretch by my estimation; mG Orbit is tighter than dC Bearing.

Maybe this is slightly unrelated as this is more about my experience with Deep Chaos on Bearing than mG, but I've also had some inconsistent results; I did some tests (solo) of dC.7.Br against mG.7S.At and dC won 10-0, but in tests I did recently (with two players) and in a tournament, dC keeps bursting ... its strange. If anyone else has tested this, post about it in the mG thread.

I'm a bit conflicted about mG since my tests in the thread I linked above indicated that it was easy to burst with things like sX.0M.O, but upon testing it again recently it seemed much stronger. Maybe I was doing something wrong ... I don't know haha. Regardless, the one I am 100% not conflicted on is G3; it allows you to use basically mG Atomic but with better burst resistance than even mG Orbit. That's crazy.

As always with parts like this, the issue isn't that you can't beat it. The issue is that it's too versatile and too safe against too many things.

In most recent memory, the combos that come to mind are nL Hunter and a couple tN set-ups (tN Assault being one). Both are smash attack combos that were able to KO & Burst G3. I've used it a bit, but even at the tournament I attended in March, right after getting my G3, Sniper was able to shut me down with nL. To be fair, I know I used G3 Atomic throughout much of that tournament, though I'm not sure if I used Atomic or Orbit in that specific match since it was later on in the finals. 

Positive. I've done testing with a friend in the past, and when I revisited that matchup earlier this afternoon, dC Bearing was a clear winner over both mG Orbit and Yard (dC Bearing can even burst my mG Orbit when both are launched at full power). I've done less testing with Atomic, as it's too risky for most people to use in competition, but even in those match-ups, from my experience mG stands no chance. 

As I mentioned before, I'm honestly quite neutral on G3 as despite having several counters, it's hands-down the best defense layer in the game with little trade-off in the way of stamina. My reasons for being comfortable with a ban, however, have less to do with it being a safe part (which it is to an extent), but more the fact that not having it will result in a more diverse meta with a resurgence in stationary attack, which is currently being shut out because of it.
(May. 02, 2018  8:27 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 02, 2018  4:15 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Yeah, Requiem was running rampant through that event. Had countless Sr Bearing mirror matches where it literally came down to who had the stronger launch in the end. Pretty dull to watch, and this kind of stuff isn't healthy in the slightest either.

While I am probably in favour of banning Sr right now, I'd say it never comes down only to who has a stronger launch. Launch technique and combo balance are also important factors.

I think you're taking what I've said far too literally, haha. Take it as a general point.
(May. 02, 2018  9:20 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: In most recent memory, the combos that come to mind are nL Hunter and a couple tN set-ups (tN Assault being one). Both are smash attack combos that were able to KO & Burst G3. I've used it a bit, but even at the tournament I attended in March, right after getting my G3, Sniper was able to shut me down with nL. To be fair, I know I used G3 Atomic throughout much of that tournament, though I'm not sure if I used Atomic or Orbit in that specific match since it was later on in the finals. 

Interesting! nL Hunter being able to shut down G3 seems impossible to me, but I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

(May. 02, 2018  9:20 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Positive. I've done testing with a friend in the past, and when I revisited that matchup earlier this afternoon, dC Bearing was a clear winner over both mG Orbit and Yard (dC Bearing can even burst my mG Orbit when both are launched at full power). I've done less testing with Atomic, as it's too risky for most people to use in competition, but even in those match-ups, from my experience mG stands no chance.

Maybe both of my Bearing Drivers suck or your Orbit(s) suck haha. dC Bearing does OS mG Orbit for sure for me, but the issue lately has been that it's been bursting against mG more often. Either way, if we're thinking about a game without Sr, I think there's more attack types dC Bearing is vulnerable to than mG Orbit. But of course, that's just based on my experience.

(May. 02, 2018  9:20 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: As I mentioned before, I'm honestly quite neutral on G3 as despite having several counters, it's hands-down the best defense layer in the game with little trade-off in the way of stamina. My reasons for being comfortable with a ban, however, have less to do with it being a safe part (which it is to an extent), but more the fact that not having it will result in a more diverse meta with a resurgence in stationary attack, which is currently being shut out because of it.

Yeah. But I think it being too safe and its potential removal allowing for a more diverse metagame go hand-in-hand.
I think the best way to balance the meta would be to trial ban Sr, see where that goes, Ban G3, and leave mG. If it appears that Sr is needed to keep mG in line, then we either unban Sr, or ban mG as well. Depending on how these next few releases go
I know what we can do to nerf Sr while not banning it.

If we require that you can only launch Sr from a launcher that is only mutually right spin exclusive, You essentially remove the entire point of using it for spin equalizing, because you can't launch it from left spin! You basically strip Sr of it's most useful asset while not banning it altogether!
(May. 07, 2018  2:09 AM)Siⱺn Wrote: I know what we can do to nerf Sr while not banning it.

If we require that you can only launch Sr from a launcher that is only mutually right spin exclusive, You essentially remove the entire point of using it for spin equalizing, because you can't launch it from left spin! You basically strip Sr of it's most useful asset while not banning it altogether!

That has already basically been done, Sr has the limitation of no mode changes in a match, while restricting it to right spin only seems like an option, just like ive said before when people have said to restrict it from use on certain drivers, it is just far simpler to trial ban it until more Z layers come out to see if they balance the field enough for Sr to return. As an organizer, Its easier to explain to event participants that they cant use something than it is to say they can in a restricted manner. For the time, hes too powerful, as results have shown, and needs to be set aside until things come out that level that playing field to a greater degree.
(May. 07, 2018  2:16 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote:
(May. 07, 2018  2:09 AM)Siⱺn Wrote: I know what we can do to nerf Sr while not banning it.

That has already basically been done, Sr has the limitation of no mode changes in a match, while restricting it to right spin only seems like an option, just like ive said before when people have said to restrict it from use on certain drivers, it is just far simpler to trial ban it until more Z layers come out to see if they balance the field enough for Sr to return. As an organizer, Its easier to explain to event participants that they cant use something than it is to say they can in a restricted manner. For the time, hes too powerful, as results have shown, and needs to be set aside until things come out that level that playing field to a greater degree.

The thing is though, that Sr is usually left spinning, which can equalize the majority of the metagame. If it is banned, It can provide an effective counter to aB and dF, while being on par to the entire right spin metagame because it can't spinsteal.

I suggest give Right-Spin only a shot first, then if it is still overBEARING or DESTROYing everything, THEN pull the ban hammer on it.

I still suggest banning Destroy, Bearing, and Atomic over banning a layer. Besides, it's an attack-defense-stamina type driver ban, so you are detracting a part from every type, so the meta won't exactly be kiltered.
(May. 07, 2018  2:26 AM)Siⱺn Wrote:
(May. 07, 2018  2:16 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: That has already basically been done, Sr has the limitation of no mode changes in a match, while restricting it to right spin only seems like an option, just like ive said before when people have said to restrict it from use on certain drivers, it is just far simpler to trial ban it until more Z layers come out to see if they balance the field enough for Sr to return. As an organizer, Its easier to explain to event participants that they cant use something than it is to say they can in a restricted manner. For the time, hes too powerful, as results have shown, and needs to be set aside until things come out that level that playing field to a greater degree.

The thing is though, that Sr is usually left spinning, which can equalize the majority of the metagame. If it is banned, It can provide an effective counter to aB and dF, while being on par to the entire right spin metagame because it can't spinsteal.

I suggest give Right-Spin only a shot first, then if it is still overBEARING or DESTROYing everything, THEN pull the ban hammer on it.

I still suggest banning Destroy, Bearing, and Atomic over banning a layer. Besides, it's an attack-defense-stamina type driver ban, so you are detracting a part from every type, so the meta won't exactly be kiltered.

The problem still lies within Sr... Sr makes those drivers overly good. Even in right spin. Its not the drivers that are causing the issue.
(May. 07, 2018  2:35 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote:
(May. 07, 2018  2:26 AM)Siⱺn Wrote: The thing is though, that Sr is usually left spinning, which can equalize the majority of the metagame. If it is banned, It can provide an effective counter to aB and dF, while being on par to the entire right spin metagame because it can't spinsteal.

The problem still lies within Sr... Sr makes those drivers overly good. Even in right spin. Its not the drivers that are causing the issue.

I don't want to sound demanding, but I would at least like to see some battles of Sr in right spin first. For instance, when looking at bloody longinus testing, I saw these quotes:

(May. 06, 2018  1:40 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(May. 06, 2018  7:07 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: How is the Sr spinning? Left or right?

Obviously left spin.

(May. 06, 2018  4:19 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(May. 06, 2018  4:09 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Then you should switch it to right cuz that just defeats the purpose...

Sr.7B.Br is played in left spin most if not all of the time.

this is a solid test combo (from an expert)

I don't mean or intend to sound thick headed, but I honestly don't think we saw enough Right Spin Sr to determine if the entire Combo is bad.

Not just that, dF and aB are both used with bearing, aB being able to unclick with the loose spring, and dF being able to spin equalize.

Maybe we should put a little more thought, especially with ChoZ and the looming threats of the big bananarudas.
(May. 07, 2018  2:42 AM)Siⱺn Wrote:
(May. 07, 2018  2:35 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: The problem still lies within Sr... Sr makes those drivers overly good. Even in right spin. Its not the drivers that are causing the issue.

I don't want to sound demanding, but I would at least like to see some battles of Sr in right spin first. For instance, when looking at bloody longinus testing, I saw these quotes:

(May. 06, 2018  1:40 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: Obviously left spin.

(May. 06, 2018  4:19 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: Sr.7B.Br is played in left spin most if not all of the time.

I don't mean or intend to sound thick headed,  but I honestly don't think we saw enough Right Spin Sr to determine if the entire Combo is bad.

Not just that, dF and aB are both used with bearing, aB being able to unclick with the loose spring, and dF being able to spin equalize.

Maybe we should put a little more thought, especially with ChoZ and the looming threats of the big bananarudas.

It still beats out left spin beys, and used on destroy it basically beats the spin out of things it doesnt burst.... The layer is a monster. Im also not being biased at all. Spriggan is my favorite layer line. Its a cold hard truth that just needs to be accepted. If a layer is so good on basically any driver that you put it on that you have to restrict one of its functions from being used in a match, and then completely restrict it to a less used spin dirrection, or restrict it from certain drivers, its a layer issue and it just needs to not be in the eqaution rather than literally limiting it to death.

Basically what im saying put simply, is: If you have to do everything under the sun to make a layer fair because it is already running over the meta game, it just should be banned.
(May. 07, 2018  2:42 AM)Siⱺn Wrote:
(May. 07, 2018  2:35 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: The problem still lies within Sr... Sr makes those drivers overly good. Even in right spin. Its not the drivers that are causing the issue.

(May. 06, 2018  1:40 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: Obviously left spin.

(May. 06, 2018  4:19 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: Sr.7B.Br is played in left spin most if not all of the time.

I don't mean or intend to sound thick headed,  but I honestly don't think we saw enough Right Spin Sr to determine if the entire Combo is bad.

no one is saying right spin Sr is “bad”

those posts of mine are from the bL testing thread

i’m saying as a test of bL, it makes sense to test vs Sr in left spin
Are enamel covered beyblades (on stickers) banned?
Yeah, the issue is definitely Sr and not any particular Driver. We already implemented a complex ruling for the Layer which we prefer to avoid doing; we're not going to do the same thing again but in a different way (like locking the spin direction).

Anyways, I did some more testing tonight on mG and G3.

• wV, zA, tN, sX, and lS were all completely ineffective against MGC mG.7S.O for me. The best performing one was wV on Yielding, and that was only at maybe a 15-20% win rate. I'm still mystified by this because of the results I had posted previously a couple months ago where MGC sX.0M.O won 7-3 against it ... but anyways, I just can't seem to find anything which can burst the version of MGC mG.7S.O I constructed now with anything resembling consistency.
  • nL on Hunter and Xtreme was surprisingly good against G3.7S.At. I also tested MGC mG.7S.At and Survive on G3/mG vs nL, and MGC mG.7S.O vs nL. While I did feel mG took hits slightly better than G3 overall (maybe that's due to the MGC to some degree, but there could be something else at play here too), the Driver in use was clearly the biggest deciding factor in how well nL did. Versus MGC mG.7S.O for instance, nL couldn't do much of anything.

It's my feeling right now that the best option would be to see what the game looks like with Sr, mG, and G3 gone.

As early testing has indicated, Sr might indeed fall to Bloody Longinus, but it also fits way tighter with Bearing that I think we can all agree any Layer should. With Sr gone, nothing that can be used on Bearing would be as strong. It would go back to being the well-designed powerful and flawed part that it was upon its initial release.

With G3 gone, we'd be losing a Layer that has both super high defense and super high stamina. Maybe there's some very specific counters (like nL vs. G3 Atomic), but overall I also think we can agree that no Layer with as much stamina as G3 should be as burst resistant as G3 Atomic (and I assume Orbit) is.

And mG based on my experience, despite the fairness of using it on Atomic due to its weak burst resistance, feels far too powerful on a tightly fitting Orbit to remain in the game. This issue was masked by Sr, but now that we're considering banning it, mG Orbit rises back to the top. If it remained, it would be damaging to the metagame in terms of the viability of Attack type combos. Even if some stationary combos are better against it than my testing has indicated, it still shuts down mobile attack types entirely.

With all three Layers gone, numerous mobile and stationary Attack types would be more viable, Bearing would not be as threatening as it is now, and because of the resulting lowered Bearing usage, a plethora of other Drivers like Destroy, Atomic, and Revolve would see more use again.

(May. 07, 2018  5:07 AM)TheBOI Wrote: Are enamel covered beyblades (on stickers) banned?

Nail polish on stickers is permitted. As per our rulebooks:

Quote:Applying Nail Polish to Stickers: Applying a thin coat of clear nail polish to protect the stickers of your Beyblade for aesthetic purposes is permitted. However, if a judge determines you have applied a copious amount of nail polish to the point where it might significantly impact the weight of your Beyblade, you will be obligated to switch out the part for another version of the same part with no nail polish applied. If you cannot, you will be given a match loss.

You can view our rulebooks here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folde...XJtUXJ1SmM
I'm just wondering how long it will take to be an organizer in the WBO? I've read the rulebooks and organizer guides as well as taken the quiz. I have already gathered 12 people for an unofficial tournament with more to go in 2 weeks but I hope I could turn it into a WBO event. There is also someone in the facebook group who talked to the organizers of an anime convention in August and there could be a tournament there (hopefully wbo).
(May. 07, 2018  6:54 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: I'm just wondering how long it will take to be an organizer in the WBO? I've read the rulebooks and organizer guides as well as taken the quiz. I have already gathered 12 people for an unofficial tournament with more to go in 2 weeks but I hope I could turn it into a WBO event. There is also someone in the facebook group who talked to the organizers of an anime convention in August and there could be a tournament there (hopefully wbo).

Im not sure, but i dont believe this is the place to be asking this?
It is, to an extent.

Your quiz is next @[RichieBoi]! Expect to hear from us very shortly!
I guess it is adieu to Sr until Cho Z humiliates it!

Can't wait to see Sr return as "Collection Purposes Only" if it is re-legalised!
(May. 07, 2018  6:50 AM)Kei Wrote: Yeah, the issue is definitely Sr and not any particular Driver. We already implemented a complex ruling for the Layer which we prefer to avoid doing; we're not going to do the same thing again but in a different way (like locking the spin direction).

Anyways, I did some more testing tonight on mG and G3.

• wV, zA, tN, sX, and lS were all completely ineffective against MGC mG.7S.O for me. The best performing one was wV on Yielding, and that was only at maybe a 15-20% win rate. I'm still mystified by this because of the results I had posted previously a couple months ago where MGC sX.0M.O won 7-3 against it ... but anyways, I just can't seem to find anything which can burst the version of MGC mG.7S.O I constructed now with anything resembling consistency.
  • nL on Hunter and Xtreme was surprisingly good against G3.7S.At. I also tested MGC mG.7S.At and Survive on G3/mG vs nL, and MGC mG.7S.O vs nL. While I did feel mG took hits slightly better than G3 overall (maybe that's due to the MGC to some degree, but there could be something else at play here too), the Driver in use was clearly the biggest deciding factor in how well nL did. Versus MGC mG.7S.O for instance, nL couldn't do much of anything.

It's my feeling right now that the best option would be to see what the game looks like with Sr, mG, and G3 gone.

As early testing has indicated, Sr might indeed fall to Bloody Longinus, but it also fits way tighter with Bearing that I think we can all agree any Layer should. With Sr gone, nothing that can be used on Bearing would be as strong. It would go back to being the well-designed powerful and flawed part that it was upon its initial release.

With G3 gone, we'd be losing a Layer that has both super high defense and super high stamina. Maybe there's some very specific counters (like nL vs. G3 Atomic), but overall I also think we can agree that no Layer with as much stamina as G3 should be as burst resistant as G3 Atomic (and I assume Orbit) is.

And mG based on my experience, despite the fairness of using it on Atomic due to its weak burst resistance, feels far too powerful on a tightly fitting Orbit to remain in the game. This issue was masked by Sr, but now that we're considering banning it, mG Orbit rises back to the top. If it remained, it would be damaging to the metagame in terms of the viability of Attack type combos. Even if some stationary combos are better against it than my testing has indicated, it still shuts down mobile attack types entirely.

With all three Layers gone, numerous mobile and stationary Attack types would be more viable, Bearing would not be as threatening as it is now, and because of the resulting lowered Bearing usage, a plethora of other Drivers like Destroy, Atomic, and Revolve would see more use again.

(May. 07, 2018  5:07 AM)TheBOI Wrote: Are enamel covered beyblades (on stickers) banned?

Nail polish on stickers is permitted. As per our rulebooks:

Quote:Applying Nail Polish to Stickers: Applying a thin coat of clear nail polish to protect the stickers of your Beyblade for aesthetic purposes is permitted. However, if a judge determines you have applied a copious amount of nail polish to the point where it might significantly impact the weight of your Beyblade, you will be obligated to switch out the part for another version of the same part with no nail polish applied. If you cannot, you will be given a match loss.

You can view our rulebooks here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folde...XJtUXJ1SmM

Oh thanks god
Can we just get it announced already? XD everyone is expecting it. Lol.
So mG, Sr and G3 are going to be banned? And if so, when?