[Unanswered]  Why most adults consider Beyblade a stupid toy?

Why most adults consider  Beyblade a stupid toy?
Parents hate anything that a child whines incessantly for.  They are also irked by things that are collectable, because they can't satisfy the kids buying only one of them.
Because things like the hasbro battle tower exist ?
What adults think so? The adults you find here won't!

In my family, everyone likes cartoons and toys, even if we don't like all the same ones. We think something is wrong with anybody who has a problem with that. Nothing wrong with having a hobby or collectibles that do no harm or bother to anyone else.

Now, it's another thing entirely if they simply dislike them. Everyone has their own taste. Maybe you think purses, fancy pants, or relaxing instead of running around on vacation is "stupid". As you get older, you'll probably go through the same thinking of, "Kids these days! Our music is so much better!"

Cat raises a good point, too. People generally act negatively toward things associated with whining or making them spend money in a way that seems unnecessary or makes things financially more difficult.
Parents simply don't want to help their kid with their hobby. Because they think it's useless. Let it be any hobby.
THANK YOU! There is so much science behind it!
Hasbro markets beyblades to children so there is that part. Also (like said above) the fact that every combo that is competitive involves getting multiple beyblades.

Also most parents haven't grown up with beyblade meaning to them it is just a toy, they do not have any nostalgia for beyblades. They are not interested is diving deep into beyblades and the community associated with it.

Ultimately they just see the surface. And rather not delve deeper.
Because they might feel like the toys they had were better, or they might be jealous that they did not have them when they were kids.
(May. 01, 2018  10:00 PM)BladerKeith Wrote: Why most adults consider  Beyblade a stupid toy?

I could answer: why some think that collecting die-cast cars, radio-controlled cars or airplanes, even mini 4wd models is stupid? Tbh, i hate people who buy a 1000$ jeans just because of its expensive brand (every jeans pant is made of the same tissue, so there is basically no difference with a 50$ one. The brands like Armani, dolce&gabbana make the price ridicolous.) Now, i think THAT is stupid. You see? Everyone has his/her own opinion on everything you would mention, music/cars/else. I don't care if my parents tell me to stop with this "trash" cause i don't give a .... about that. Even if i will turn 28 this november. I grew up with the 3 original series, they can't understand how passion burns inside me. It's a piece of childhood that will never come back, but i still love beys. Then, you just ignore those worthless people & live your hobby as much as you can! Trust me, i went through a horrible period of time where i thought "i'm not that young anymore, i wish i could go back to the early 2000's so nobody would think i'm retarded because i buy beyblades". But, with the help of wbo members, i changed my mind. Thank you all guys.
Federico
Because essentially it’s just a game of random spinning tops which has no skill and is completely random. That was my thoughts until last week.
Back story, I’m 42 with an 8 year old blader who is hooked. He’s been having a rough time of it recently. Just been diagnosed with dyslexia and has generally been down. So I decided some father and son time would be good and rather reluctantly agreed to rip a couple blades as it’s his thing. Now I’m hooked. Easy to play. Lots of fun and and we have had a blast with him teaching me all about Beyblade.
I bought 4 new blades, a stadium and now it’s “our hobby”
We downloaded the app too on our iPads.
I’m still pretty ignorant of all things Beyblade. But I do know it’s a fun game that we both can enjoy.
Dignity and judgement from other people can be the cause of this. They feel it's best to agree with other people that kids toys are only for kids and adults shouldn't have to play with toys when they have other things to do like pay taxes or make money. At least the adults here understand what beyblade really is about.
BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TRUE BLADER'S SPIRIT
(Jun. 10, 2018  6:33 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TRUE BLADER'S SPIRIT

1st. TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFFF.
2nd. Needs are more important than hobbies, it represents the mentality of how our parents grew economically.
(in the eyes of some people, but i don't understand how they think this tbh)
loud
waste of money
collectable
glorified spinning tops
annoying
old
dead
I think the thing thing is, beyblade, when boiled down, IS just a stupid game.
*Hate on me Comences*
The thing is, bladers enjoy beyblade and acquire joy, that joy fogs the fact it IS a game. It's merely joy causing the illusion. Non bladers don't have this joy, ergo don't have the illusion. It's merely prefrence
No hate but if you think deeply about beyblade (what I feel) it's feels weird and stupid that we humans get satisfied by spinning tops and play with them. I probably getting destroyed by comments. Btw I love beyblade. My dad had a different type of spinning top when he was a child with his brother so me and my cousin (my cousin doesn't like beyblade anymore) liked and played with beyblades
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

- C.S.Lewis (author of The Chronicals of Narnia)

the most important thing is being able to control the hobby and not let it control you. make sure that when you become a functional adult in the eyes of society. That you take care of your responsibilities first before anything else.
None of the adults I know consider it a stupid toy. Expensive, yes. You must find yourself some other adults  Andrew
Guess we all share similar or even the same opinion.that's good, cause we do know what beyblade really is. It's a sport, a Hobby, everything you'd like to call it. When parents say something like : get yourself a friend and dont Wasted your time with spinning tops, they have no clue, that beyblade is about making friends.
And no adult can force us to give up our hobbies, if we really know what we want
I find this strange too, my friend complains a lot about it. To be honest, the only things people need are: Oxygen,Water,Food and Shelter.

Once past that, everything else is what you want. In my book, there's no difference between a Laptop and a Beyblade because people want both things.
Even I myself have that question. Even though I am fourteen, still I like to watch beyblade. Is it wrong?
(Jun. 24, 2018  4:58 PM)#KaiHiwatari Wrote: Even I myself have that question. Even though I am fourteen, still I like to watch beyblade. Is it wrong?
No, it's not. We all have different interests, you know? Just do you and don't worry about what other people say regarding your interests, unless it's something like constructive criticism or just conversation etc. But ridicule? Nah, just ignore it and continue doing the things you love.
(Jun. 24, 2018  4:58 PM)#KaiHiwatari Wrote: Even I myself have that question. Even though I am fourteen, still I like to watch beyblade. Is it wrong?

I still watch beyblade, and I'm 20 now, which means I've been watching beyblade for about 14-15 years now.

It doesn't matter if you watch it, it doesn't harm anyone and everyone has different interests. You want to continue watching the show, or continue buying the product? Rock on.
(Jun. 10, 2018  7:17 AM)leosama Wrote: (in the eyes of some people, but i don't understand how they think this tbh)
loud
waste of money
collectable
glorified spinning tops
annoying
old
dead

Loud, yes. (Zeta in attack) I understand how people would think it about beyblade, I would also think it was annoying if they were making a lot of noise. The rest is mostly for people not interested in beyblade and dislike them.