[Unanswered]  How To Beat/Burst Winning Valkyrie?

Aight. New, casual Beyblade player here. My little brother got me into Beyblade. I really just thought it was some kiddie junk but I stand corrected; it’s really cool and I’m into it. We were pretty evenly matched until my brother picked up Winning Valkyrie through the mail and he’s been totally humiliating me with it. My brother runs:

Winning Valkyrie, 12Glaive, Volcanic

Parts I Own (Not a lot to work with.)
Energy Layers: Zeutron Z2, Legend Spryzen S3
Forge Discs: Infinity, Force, 7
Disc Frames: lol None. I should probably get a few.
Performance Tips: Weight, Jaggy, Merge

I can’t beat it by trying to Burst it because I just Burst myself and I can’t try to wait it out in the middle because it finds me at some point in the match and Bursts me, even if it has little to no energy left. I’ve read about the Winning Valkyrie Energy Layer on the wiki and how it’s weight and shape grants the Beyblade such strong Burst potential and Knock-Out potential and exceptional resistance to those two things.

Seeing as my collection of parts is small, I’m specifically asking if there’s anything I can pretty much buy and have it consistently beat Winning Valkyrie fresh out of the package with little to no customizations, aside from with things I already have. 

I don’t know if this is asking for a lot, but could there be any Beyblades that could burst Winning Valkyrie (and not Burst itself), again with little to no customization from the way it’s packaged. I really want to show my little brother what’s good.

Thank you in advance for the help!
Hell salamander might be a good counter. Nightmare Longinus could work too. Drain Fafnir Can spin steal.
(Jun. 23, 2018  1:24 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Hell salamander might be a good counter. Nightmare Longinus could work too. Drain Fafnir Can spin steal.

I agree Hell Salamander and Bloody Longinus both would be good but I don't know about Drain Fafnir against a cho z attack type.
sorry to say this g but right now, you have little to no chance of bursting Winning Valkyrie ??

the layer has massive teeth (the spiky bits in the middle ring on the bottom of the layer) so it’s almost impossible to burst ?

right now without buying anything, I’d say the best combo you could make is to put your spryzen on 7 and weight, put spryzen in left spin, because it will be harder to burst. 7 disk has some of the best stamina in the game, and weight is the best stamina driver you have.

how hard does your brother launch his wV? if he hard launches it, it’s safe for you to hard launch it too. If he weak launches, don’t do a hard launch because you’ll get bursted. Go for a launch with about the same power.

if none of this works, you’ll have to buy something. It will be either Hasbro or Takara Tomy.

the beyblades that YOU have are Hasbro. You buy them in most western countries. they are about 6 months or more behind Takara Tomy in terms of releases.

Takara Tomy is the main manufacturer of beyblades, making newer releases like Winning Valkyrie. You can’t buy them in most western countries, but u can get them online on sites like eBay. they are generally better in quality, and their teeth are generally stronger than Hasbros slopes (found in the same place mentioned earlier). If you do not understand, go get your brothers wv layer and your spryzen layer. Flip them both upside down, and have a look in the middle of each one. You will notice that wV is spiky, and legend Spriggan is smooth.

Because of this, we do not recommend putting a Hasbro driver on a Takara tomy layer, and vice versa. Doing so may result in damage or destruction of parts. it is fine to use either brands disks in either brands layers or drivers . Just don’t mix layers and drivers from different brands.

you got that? now most players, if not all players, tend to stick to one brand because of that reason. either brand is fine, however, tt is for the more serious players. If you get Takara Tomy, I recommend Spriggan Requiem (aka spryzen requiem) OR Hell Salamander. Both cost about $30 Australian dollars and are top tier layers for Defense and stamina.

Spriggan requiem can spin left and right, like your legend spryzen. It has 0 disk, one of the best disks in the game for being the heaviest and having the best Defense. The zeta driver on it has 3 modes for each type, which will be fun for you guys, and it comes with a good launcher too.

Hell salamander spins only left, but is the best layer in the game. In 10 blade mode, it has the best stamina, best Defense. In 5 blade mode, it still has the best stamina and good attack. It’s disk and driver are not as good, but the driver is super fun. On attack mode, it bounces around in the stadium.

If u get Hasbro, go for Garuda g3 or spryzen requiem s3 (super new so you might not find in shops yet) .

I’m too tired to keep writing. I’m half asleep, it’s 11 pm here, so I’m sorry if there are any word mistakes. I’ll just link you to the cheapest authentic hell salander and spriggan requiem, and go to sleep. Goodnight ??

If you live in Australia:

Buy Hell Salamander 

[/url]Buy sprigan requiem

If u live in America 

[url=https://m.ebay.com/itm/Takara-Tomy-Beyblade-BURST-B-100-Starter-Spriggan-Requiem-0-Zt/263406996364?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1]Buy spriffan requiem

But hell Salamander

I’m rly sleepy so ignore my spelling mistakes ok???
I think as mentioned by @[leosama], it’s impossible to burst it consistently but to beat it in the WBO, I think hS.4C.Ds should do you good...
Well, I have defeated WV.7.X with my D2.H.R, maybe because I was able to avoid Attacks at first
Theoretically a reboot combo could work. Its movement pattern would be in the center of the stadium while wV is on the tornado ridge, then reboot would hit the ridge and wV would be in the center. I'll test this theory later
(Jun. 23, 2018  1:24 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Hell salamander might be a good counter. Nightmare Longinus could work too. Drain Fafnir Can spin steal.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about He’ll Salamander and Nightmare Longinus, according to some videos I watched, seems to be evenly matched with Winning Valkyrie. Thank you!
(Jun. 23, 2018  7:08 PM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote:

I’ve heard nothing but good things about He’ll Salamander and Nightmare Longinus, according to some videos I watched, seems to be evenly matched with Winning Valkyrie. Thank you!
Your welcome
(Jun. 23, 2018  1:18 PM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote: Aight. New, casual Beyblade player here. My little brother got me into Beyblade. I really just thought it was some kiddie junk but I stand corrected; it’s really cool and I’m into it. We were pretty evenly matched until my brother picked up Winning Valkyrie through the mail and he’s been totally humiliating me with it. My brother runs:

I can’t beat it by trying to Burst it because I just Burst myself and I can’t try to wait it out in the middle because it finds me at some point in the match and Bursts me, even if it has little to no energy left. I’ve read about the Winning Valkyrie Energy Layer on the wiki and how it’s weight and shape grants the Beyblade such strong Burst potential and Knock-Out potential and exceptional resistance to those two things.

Seeing as my collection of parts is small, I’m specifically asking if there’s anything I can pretty much buy and have it consistently beat Winning Valkyrie fresh out of the package with little to no customizations, aside from with things I already have. 

I don’t know if this is asking for a lot, but could there be any Beyblades that could burst Winning Valkyrie (and not Burst itself), again with little to no customization from the way it’s packaged. I really want to show my little brother what’s good.

Others have reccomended some good stuff, but if you have only acces to hasbro beys my go-to option would be Fafnir F3.
(Jun. 23, 2018  2:04 PM)leosama Wrote: sorry to say this g but right now, you have little to no chance of bursting Winning Valkyrie ??

the layer has massive teeth (the spiky bits in the middle ring on the bottom of the layer) so it’s almost impossible to burst ?

right now without buying anything, I’d say the best combo you could make is to put your spryzen on 7 and weight, put spryzen in left spin, because it will be harder to burst. 7 disk has some of the best stamina in the game, and weight is the best stamina driver you have.

how hard does your brother launch his wV? if he hard launches it, it’s safe for you to hard launch it too. If he weak launches, don’t do a hard launch because you’ll get bursted. Go for a launch with about the same power.

if none of this works, you’ll have to buy something. It will be either Hasbro or Takara Tomy.

the beyblades that YOU have are Hasbro. You buy them in most western countries. they are about 6 months or more behind Takara Tomy in terms of releases.

Takara Tomy is the main manufacturer of beyblades, making newer releases like Winning Valkyrie. You can’t buy them in most western countries, but u can get them online on sites like eBay. they are generally better in quality, and their teeth are generally stronger than Hasbros slopes (found in the same place mentioned earlier). If you do not understand, go get your brothers wv layer and your spryzen layer. Flip them both upside down, and have a look in the middle of each one. You will notice that wV is spiky, and legend Spriggan is smooth.

Because of this, we do not recommend putting a Hasbro driver on a Takara tomy layer, and vice versa. Doing so may result in damage or destruction of parts. it is fine to use either brands disks in either brands layers or drivers . Just don’t mix layers and drivers from different brands.

you got that? now most players, if not all players, tend to stick to one brand because of that reason. either brand is fine, however, tt is for the more serious players. If you get Takara Tomy, I recommend Spriggan Requiem (aka spryzen requiem) OR Hell Salamander. Both cost about $30 Australian dollars and are top tier layers for Defense and stamina.

Spriggan requiem can spin left and right, like your legend spryzen. It has 0 disk, one of the best disks in the game for being the heaviest and having the best Defense. The zeta driver on it has 3 modes for each type, which will be fun for you guys, and it comes with a good launcher too.

Hell salamander spins only left, but is the best layer in the game. In 10 blade mode, it has the best stamina, best Defense. In 5 blade mode, it still has the best stamina and good attack. It’s disk and driver are not as good, but the driver is super fun. On attack mode, it bounces around in the stadium.

If u get Hasbro, go for Garuda g3 or spryzen requiem s3 (super new so you might not find in shops yet) .

I’m too tired to keep writing. I’m half asleep, it’s 11 pm here, so I’m sorry if there are any word mistakes. I’ll just link you to the cheapest authentic hell salander and spriggan requiem, and go to sleep. Goodnight ??

Buy Hell Salamander 

If u live in America 

[url=https://m.ebay.com/itm/Takara-Tomy-Beyblade-BURST-B-100-Starter-Spriggan-Requiem-0-Zt/263406996364?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1]Buy spriffan requiem

But hell Salamander

Thank you for all the information! Just a few things:

- My Legend Spryzen is actually Tomy.
- I didn’t know that Requiem was so broken. I thought it was butt and that’s why nobody used it. Turns out I saw nobody using it because it was banned. ?
- I never actually knew Salamander was that good. That’ll probably be my next purchase.
- Don’t mix Tomy and Hasbro parts. That’s important info. Thanks. We can mix the Forge Discs and Disc Frames though, right?
- So is Winning Valkyrie impossible to Burst? Is there no currently possible combination that could Burst it or somehow cause it to self-Burst?

(Jun. 23, 2018  7:30 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2018  1:18 PM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote: Aight. New, casual Beyblade player here. My little brother got me into Beyblade. I really just thought it was some kiddie junk but I stand corrected; it’s really cool and I’m into it. We were pretty evenly matched until my brother picked up Winning Valkyrie through the mail and he’s been totally humiliating me with it. My brother runs:

Others have reccomended some good stuff, but if you have only acces to hasbro beys my go-to option would be Fafnir F3.

I watched a video of Winning Valkyrie fighting Fafnit F3 and Fafnir won a few times but then folded and Burst, but I don’t know how reliable that video was. Maybe we’ll just have to wait for Z Layer Fafnir.
(Jun. 23, 2018  7:32 PM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2018  2:04 PM)leosama Wrote: sorry to say this g but right now, you have little to no chance of bursting Winning Valkyrie ??

Buy Hell Salamander 

If u live in America 

But hell Salamander

Thank you for all the information! Just a few things:

- My Legend Spryzen is actually Tomy.
- I didn’t know that Requiem was so broken. I thought it was butt and that’s why nobody used it. Turns out I saw nobody using it because it was banned. ?
- I never actually knew Salamander was that good. That’ll probably be my next purchase.
- Don’t mix Tomy and Hasbro parts. That’s important info. Thanks. We can mix the Forge Discs and Disc Frames though, right?
- So is Winning Valkyrie impossible to Burst? Is there no currently possible combination that could Burst it or somehow cause it to self-Burst?

(Jun. 23, 2018  7:30 PM)Limetka Wrote: Others have reccomended some good stuff, but if you have only acces to hasbro beys my go-to option would be Fafnir F3.

I watched a video of Winning Valkyrie fighting Fafnit F3 and Fafnir won a few times but then folded and Burst, but I don’t know how reliable that video was. Maybe we’ll just have to wait for Z Layer Fafnir.

If they do a Z layer Fafnir. It would be cool though
I’ll be honest with your current parts. They’re not bad, but if you need something to withstand valkyrie’s attacks, your best bet is of either:
Hell Salamander (good for defense + left spin)
The banana (Maximum Garuda)
Currently, you have almost no hopes to bursting winning valkyrie, so therefore, you’d need to get a staller. With your current parts, legend spriggan + 7 + weight would be okay.
@[Ranch+Kerbeus] discs are fine, but at the moment no one has a reliable combo to consistently burst wV? which is good for me because I got one

@[Hellibleri] that’s exactly the same thing I just said ?
(Jun. 23, 2018  11:39 PM)leosama Wrote: @[Ranch+Kerbeus] discs are fine, but at the moment no one has a reliable combo to consistently burst wV? which is good for me because I got one

1. What is this combo you’re talking about?
  2. My bad.
(Jun. 24, 2018  12:23 AM)Hellibleri Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2018  11:39 PM)leosama Wrote: @[Ranch+Kerbeus] discs are fine, but at the moment no one has a reliable combo to consistently burst wV? which is good for me because I got one

1. What is this combo you’re talking about?
  2. My bad.

right now without buying anything, I’d say the best combo you could make is to put your spryzen on 7 and weight, put spryzen in left spin, because it will be harder to burst. 7 disk has some of the best stamina in the game, and weight is the best stamina driver you have.”

bahaha dw it’s all good?
(Jun. 23, 2018  8:38 PM)Hellibleri Wrote: I’ll be honest with your current parts. They’re not bad, but if you need something to withstand valkyrie’s attacks, your best bet is of either:
Currently, you have almost no hopes to bursting winning valkyrie, so therefore, you’d need to get a staller. With your current parts, legend spriggan + 7 + weight would be okay.

Been looking at those two. I think Salamander will be my next purchase.

Dang. Beyblade is still coming out with new Z Layers though, right? Aren’t there supposedly still some that have never been alluded to or shown to the public.

Assuming that Beyblades are continuing to be announced, is there a place to hype about said announcements?
(Jun. 24, 2018  2:22 AM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2018  8:38 PM)Hellibleri Wrote: I’ll be honest with your current parts. They’re not bad, but if you need something to withstand valkyrie’s attacks, your best bet is of either:

Been looking at those two. I think Salamander will be my next purchase.

Dang. Beyblade is still coming out with new Z Layers though, right? Aren’t there supposedly still some that have never been alluded to or shown to the public.

Assuming that Beyblades are continuing to be announced, is there a place to hype about said announcements?

bahaha what a g

ofc there is, but atm their only in Takara Tomy 

there’s tons of threads where stuff is getting hyped up and everyone’s getting lit 

I’ll link those here too, but I haven’t found one for all of them. It looks like there’s a thread for each new release, most of them are in the recent posts.

Vise Leopard (this one’s got a moveable jaw which Takara thinks will be super strong, but will probably be useless)

Revive Pheonix  (this one can burst twice)

B-120 starter ppl think this will be a new Xcalibur, but we don’t know yet ??‍♂️
(Jun. 24, 2018  4:24 AM)leosama Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2018  2:22 AM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote: Been looking at those two. I think Salamander will be my next purchase.

bahaha what a g

ofc there is, but atm their only in Takara Tomy 

there’s tons of threads where stuff is getting hyped up and everyone’s getting lit 

I’ll link those here too, but I haven’t found one for all of them. It looks like there’s a thread for each new release, most of them are in the recent posts.

Vise Leopard (this one’s got a moveable jaw which Takara thinks will be super strong, but will probably be useless)

Revive Pheonix  (this one can burst twice)

B-120 starter ppl think this will be a new Xcalibur, but we don’t know yet ??‍♂️

Ooh! Hype time. Thanks a million!
Buy a Takara Tomy twin nemesis and use legend spriggan.7hit.ultimate reboot,to doge the attacks .also use twin nemesis.infinity.weight.
Man. If you wanna Burst wV, go pick up hS or eF or something. With your parts, I think the most reliable way to go would be:
Legend Spryzen S3 7 Weight.
This will probably not Burst wV, but give it a gentle tilted launch, and it’ll probably take a survivor finish. Make sure you tilt at an angle that works with the stadium, because you can’t stray to the outside, or Winning Valkryie will DEFINETLY snipe your from there, and if your brother sees that you are going with weight, he’ll probably sliding shoot towards the middle.

EDIT: So I see everyone is agreeing with me? Good. Yeah, you’ll want your lS in left spin.

If you feel lucky one day, hard launch it as hard as you can straight towards where you think Valkryie will land. Valkryie will destroy your stamina, and this will leave you in desperate, slow spinning, barely-clinging-to-life state. 
These are perfect conditions for bursting. 
This probably won’t work, but the dragoon effect, which is what it’s called, is incredibly reliable and powerful. My hS burst Garuda G3 twice with this tactic.

Overall:
Buy some Cho-Z beys. Specifically, heck lizard.
S3 7 W
Gently titled launch
Juke your brothers bey out
Survivor finish
Flaunt your victory in his face
Receive your choz bey
Conquer the world
Nightmare is my favorite counter because it makes huge impacts and will either KO and Burst Winning Valkyrie usually.
Winning Valkyrie is one of the toughest beys to burst, so winning against it in that method will most likely never happen.

The top tier combos with wV are wV.0B.Br wV.0B.At and wV.7M.Jl

The counters to the stationary wVs are dC.7.R, eF.7B.At, hS.0B.At (only against wV on At)/ Br (against Br and At)

Lastly the most reliable counters to Jolt are eF.7B.At and hS.0B.At (stuff like Revolve, Eternal, and Bearing have a much bigger chance of getting KOed by wV Jl)

I really can't think of anything that can reliably burst wV... but things that come to mind are like cR on Hunter (only against stationary, jolt will delete this bey) and like another wV... but obviously those are just RNG matches and cR is 90% more likely to burst than wV lol.

Lastly to comment on nL, it's definitely good against stationary wV but Jolt deletes nL, so be careful of that. nL usually wins by KO and not by burst too. Not really sure how it would do against a really weak launch wV At/Br though, could be bad for nL but I kinda doubt it would have trouble.
@[1234beyblade] what about wV on Destroy? is that a common combo in the meta??
(Jul. 03, 2018  10:42 PM)leosama Wrote: @[1234beyblade] what about wV on Destroy? is that a common combo in the meta??
I use Winning Valkyrie on destroy