[Toronto, Ontario 1/30/16] Beyblade Shogatsu

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

AT

Beyblade Shogatsu
Saturday, January 30th, 12:00pm
222 St. Patrick Street (The Michener) Room 1325 (Gaming Room) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Burst Format

It's time to burst into action with a new year and the new Xtreme obstacles that face the bladers of this tournament! There are many things to celebrate in this tournament, 2016, the birth of a new anime convention that kindly decided to host our tournament, and lastly mine and pyrus10000's birthdays! Keep those in your mind and blader spirit while we spin through the winter chill!

Prizes
Jiraiya MS, B-21 Reshuffle Set Attack and Balance, Xcalibur Force Xtreme

1st - First pick at the prizes + Red B-00 Standard Type Beystadium + Gold Spriggan Layer + Gold Driver + Gold Face + 3 Credits
2nd - Second pick at the prizes + B-19 Burst Beystadium + Gold Ragnaruk Layer + Silver Face + 2 Credits
3rd - Last pick at the prizes + B-12 Deathscyther Oval Accel + Bronze Face + 1 Credit

222 St. Patrick Street (The Michener) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada in room 1325 (Gaming Room)

Entry Fee
No admission to participate in the tournament, though you do need to buy a membership (ticket) to get into the convention and participate in the tournament which is $10 CAD until January 10th 11:59pm and $15 CAD after January 10th! Get your membership soon!

What is Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It was launched in July 2015 in Japan. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beywiki article covering it, the Bey News Thread, or the Beyblade General Forum.

Awakening Amaterios Prize Campaign

[Image: hSC9Tqh.gif]

Awaken the legendary Beyblade Amaterios Aero Assault – and claim it as your own!

Prove your strength as a Blader by winning the most consecutive battles in this tournament to win an exclusive Face, the Shard of Amaterios. Collect 3 Shards of Amaterios to summon the legendary Beyblade straight to your doorstep.

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to Beyblade Shogatsu, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Attendees:
1234beyblade
pyrus10000
cadney
Mitsu
Kei
Minion
JesseObre
ThermalG
Lani
BlasterJoker
Hato
Beyonomics

Possible Attendees:
Dsix
Classik

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

So how'd it go? How did Odin do?
^ I think the post above yours can probably give you some insight.
Odin was very dominant at the tournament. I took a note of how many times Odin was used in my block, which was 4 times. I used it twice, and LMAO used it twice. A new Odin combo made an appearance, which was Odin Heavy Accel, which actually did well.

There were some combos making their first appearance in Toronto, such as Xcalibur Heavy Needle, Evileye Heavy Defense and Valkryie/Amaterios Heavy Xtreme. The first 2 weren't extensively used and was just a 1 match combo (and am just listening it to say what was used). VHX was used for most of @[Beyonomics]' matches, moving on from his block and into semi-finals. Pretty sure he went up mostly against OHD, where he won and lost matches, with Xtreme being risky and OHD being powerful. But kudos to him for winning against OHD a couple of times and making it so far! Great Blader who does great with Xtreme Smile

In first place is @[BLASTERJOKER], in second is @[Kei] and in third is @[LMAO]. BlasterJoker chose the Attack and Balance Custom Set to go along with his golden Spriggan layer and red stadium, Kei got the (great choice of) Jiraya MS along with receiving the Burst BeyStadium (the slanted one with the yellow spikes (forgot the name)) and LMAO got Xcalibur Force Xtreme to comfort his lonely DeathScyther Oval Accel. @[Lani], @[Voldie], @[cadney], @[ThermalG], @[pyrus10000] and I won something from the giveaway. Which reminds me; big thanks to @[originalzankye] again!

I have some footage I took with my phone I have to upload later on, and I was extremely happy with all the new participants! There was one guy in our block who was new to Beyblade and was very enthusiastic, who was a great sport with an amazing launch. I forgot his name, but will post it here after, because this guy was great! Smile

Thanks to @[1234beyblade] for hosting, and to everybody who came Smile

Oh, and one more thing: #banOdin
Congrats on another successful tournament! Great stuff all around.

Did anybody other than Beyonomics use Xtreme Attack combos? Or was it just an Odin-Heavy fest?
(Jan. 31, 2016  1:34 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Did anybody other than Beyonomics use Xtreme Attack combos? Or was it just an Odin-Heavy fest?

I used VHX three times in my block, and I'm pretty sure it was used a couple more times for sure, as I know 1234beyblade tried Amaterios Heavy Xtreme (and I think VHX once too). I think BlasterJoker used VHX a couple times, too.
Hey, I just got home. Congratulations to everyone! I had went 7-6; a pretty OK way to start the year. Please expect a huge rant on Odin though. I have a lot to say about my experience today.

Also, sorry about how zombie-like I was today. I had ended up falling asleep on my keyboard last night. Pretty restless night sleep overall, hahahahaha.
Even though I did not post on this thread at all, I had a lot of fun this tournament because having a lot of fun in the tournament is what matters and I am happy to say that my record was 11 wins to 1 loss over all in the tournament. I can tell that Odin will get a lot of hate from a lot of people because of how OP the layer is. This was funny because I was also playing in the yugioh tournament before the beyblade tournament an I ended up winning that to haha. Heck I was really close to getting kicked out of the tournament because of yugioh! But I still managed to play which was a good thing! Thank you 1234beyblade for a great tournament!
Congrats to the Placers and everybody who showed up! I had a lot of energy today and did my best to help out and hope all of you had a good experience. Tho i have a huge headache, and dizziness i had a good day
Congratulations to winners!!!! hope you guys had fun [ofcourse]
Didn't plan on going yesterday, but I'm glad I did! Had a really great time and it was so amazing to see you all again! Huge shout out to Hubert for organizing this whole event as it went pretty smooth. Thank you for coming out everyone! We had a total of 22 participants!

Odin Heavy Defense was really OP, and my use of Odin Heavy Accel was cool, as it was OK against most things, but definitely not as overpowered as OHD. There was also a lot of VHX, I think most people used it at least once during the day.
Hi everyone! I'll post more on my thoughts about Odin Heavy Defense here later tonight, but I had a great time at this event yesterday! Congratulations to BLASTERJOKER for winning his second Burst tournament! If only my Beyblade had not literally bounced out of the stadium in that first round ... lol.

In many ways, conventions feel like the best places to host tournaments because of the unparalleled amount of exposure we get by just being there. Our regular tournaments are great–and they are what sustain our community–but you can't really replace the amount of new people you can reach via conventions. Let's hope at least a couple of the new people who played make their way out to our upcoming events. Smile

Thank you so much to 1234beyblade, Mitsu, JesseObre, pyrus10000, and everyone else who worked to organized this event in such a short span of time! I was really impressed by the lengths you guys went to make this event a success: printing out flyers, giving out promo cards, signing new members up on the spot, printing out the laminated "staff" badges for everyone that was helping. You guys should be proud.
The tournament was a lot fun! @[1234beyblade] and everyone who helped him deserve a lot of credit. Both the venue and all the participants helped create a welcoming environment.

(Jan. 31, 2016  10:48 PM)Kei Wrote: In many ways, conventions feel like the best places to host tournaments because of the unparalleled amount of exposure we get by just being there.

Absolutely agree. The WBO is advertised indirectly, giving most people more incentive to interact with us.

(Jan. 31, 2016  1:06 AM)Hato Wrote: VHX was used for most of @[Beyonomics]' matches, moving on from his block and into semi-finals. Pretty sure he went up mostly against OHD, where he won and lost matches, with Xtreme being risky and OHD being powerful. But kudos to him for winning against OHD a couple of times and making it so far! Great Blader who does great with Xtreme Smile

Haha thanks for the kind words @[Hato]. You're a good kid, keep it up!
Just posted some photos on the WBO Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1074946642556802.1073741865.314460648605409&type=3

Thanks Jesse for helping with the Footage.
Yo guys ! Congrats on another successful tournament.
Thanks for posting the tournament footage. I love to watch it haha
This tournament was so much fun! Thank you very much @[1234beyblade] for hosting such an exciting, good time.

I definitely did feel a little hopeless because of the #BANODIN situation but my matches were a lot of fun, and I loved getting to talk and laugh and hang out with everybody. It was great especially to cheer everyone on in the finals!

I also wanted to thank @[Minion] for the adorable "Fight Like A Girl" lanyard she surprised me with! It was so sweet of you to think of me and I was very touched by your gift. I love it and I'm already using it for my keys.

So thankful to everyone who provided us with prizes. I was surprised and happy to win a second pink spriggan! As far as aesthetics go, it's one of my absolute favourite beyblades. I was already planning on buying a second one, so this was a lovely surprise.

Can't wait to see everyone again!
Hey Everyone,
The Tournament Footage is Awesome. That was a One Cheerful Tournament. I hope More Tournaments take place in the Upcoming Time. Congrats To Everyone.
Cheers !!!
Burst.
I lost /every single match/ and had a blast doing it lol Tongue_out The atmosphere was great and it was great to see such a big turn out. I can tell that the annual Anime North event is going to be stellar this year~

The lanyard was too perfect to pass up cadney , I'm glad you like it Smile
Here are the results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

There are some problems in Block C, there was a tie breaker but the tie breaker gave no result since everyone went 1-1 in the tie breaker, and there wasn't a second tie breaker done to compensate for the tie in the first tie breaker.

These are the results of the tie breaker that was noted:
Blaster beat U wot m8
Jesse beat Blaster
U wot m8 beat Jesse

Also please look over the sheet to make sure everything is correct, it was a big tournament so there are most likely some mistakes that I've made.

Thanks!
So how did you guys decide to Blasterjoker and JesseObre advance ?

There seems to be a mistake in Block D, because Hato had the same number of wins as LMAO, according to those results, but he did not advance to the finals.
U wot m8 lost to the both of us in our 3 way tie
(Feb. 04, 2016  11:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote: There seems to be a mistake in Block D, because Hato had the same number of wins as LMAO, according to those results, but he did not advance to the finals.

Hato was talking to me about this the other day. There definitely should have been a tiebreaker between the two. What would you say is the appropriate way to handle this?
(Feb. 04, 2016  11:33 PM)BLASTERJOKER Wrote: U wot m8 lost to the both of us in our 3 way tie

@[U wot m8] can you please confirm this?
(Feb. 04, 2016  11:33 PM)BLASTERJOKER Wrote: U wot m8 lost to the both of us in our 3 way tie

Cool, at least that is cleared up. So that was in a second round of tiebreaker or you are saying that the results of the tiebreaker that 1234beyblade just posted are wrong ?

(Feb. 04, 2016  11:43 PM)Mitsu Wrote:
(Feb. 04, 2016  11:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote: There seems to be a mistake in Block D, because Hato had the same number of wins as LMAO, according to those results, but he did not advance to the finals.

Hato was talking to me about this the other day. There definitely should have been a tiebreaker between the two. What would you say is the appropriate way to handle this?

Well, usually that voids the finals because Hato could have changed everything and placed in the top three, but with over six players involved in these finals, we will probably process them anyway because the chances of one Blader making all the difference is much lower than in a four-people Round Robin. However, it sucks for Hato, and voiding the finals usually somewhat makes up for the calculation error that gave them prejudice.