The art of the start: Weak launch!

I think so. Potentially, we could get a Beywiki article up on it.
I'd really like that, and thought the same thing.
It would be really simple/short though, unless you want to go out and explain how the difference in spin rate between the defense/stamina and attack type completely decapitates most smash potentially produced by the attack wheel as with the difference in spin does not allow constant proper collisions to be made in many cases.
:V or so I see with Earth vs. every attack wheel, lol
I actually did testing this time!

MF Lightning L-Drago CH120RF VS Rock Cancer ED145SF

"strong" launch results:
L-Drago 70% win rate (7/10), Cancer 30% win rate (3/10)

"weak" launch results:
L-Drago 40% win rate (4/10), Cancer 60% win rate (6/10)

It's amazing how well this works, this technique will be useful for upcoming tournaments!
(Jul. 01, 2011  8:27 PM)Higashi Wrote: I actually did testing this time!

"strong" launch results:

"weak" launch results:
L-Drago 40% win rate (4/10), Cancer 40% win rate (6/10)

It's amazing how well this works, this technique will be useful for upcoming tournaments!

That should be 60%...
(Jul. 01, 2011  9:51 PM)gokurox Wrote:

"strong" launch results:

"weak" launch results:

That should be 60%...

Sorry about that, I fixed it, but thanks for pointing that out.
(Jul. 01, 2011  9:51 PM)gokurox Wrote:

"strong" launch results:

"weak" launch results:

That should be 60%...

Sorry about that, I fixed it, but thanks for pointing that out.
So, is it alright to make a wiki on this?
If you want to write up a draft, go for it!
I mean, looking at the sliding shoot article, this will be a single sentence.. All you do is shoot lightly, extracting the Beylauncher strings entirety slowly. (exerting 20-40% of your regular launch power)
(Jul. 05, 2011  2:11 AM)Dan Wrote: I mean, looking at the sliding shoot article, this will be a single sentence.. All you do is shoot lightly, extracting the Beylauncher strings entirety slowly. (exerting 20-40% of your regular launch power)

or you could integrate your results in a draft for energy transfer, since the whole thing rely on that principle.
You could just link the technique article within energy transfer (my god if there isn't an article already..)
I guess, though..?
Just a quick thought on this. While testing MF-H Gravity Perseus (ATK) ED145XF, I noticed light launching a heavy stamina type with low recoil not only would gain added defense, but also nullify equalization.

TT Attack
Beylauncher and Light Launcher L
Light shot for both with power between 20-50%

MF Earth Bull GB145WD vs MF-H Gravity Perseus (ATK) ED145XF (Click to View)
Isn't that obvious? Equalization is a two-way street, Earth would be spin-stealing from others. But yes, you're right.
(Jul. 05, 2011  2:55 AM)Dan Wrote: Isn't that obvious? Equalization is a two-way street, Earth would be spin-stealing from others. But yes, you're right.

Haha yes it is quite obvious, but I'd thought I'd just share those results for proof.
Ah, alright. Well yeah, thank you!

Wow, how inconsiderate of me; this will obviously work for Left spin defenders against right-spin attackers. (I.E MF-H Meteo LDrago/Gravity Perseus BD145CS vs. Any right-spin attack wheel)
I agree you write about the energy transfer, the collision is reduced as the energy is split, more energy is focussed on spin sharing the angular velocity other than a high collision in particles. This is why I doubt the same concept will work on left v left or right v right.

It's less of the matter: lower angular velocity = less collision.
There is absolutely no doubt it (energy transfer) doesn't work with same spin direction beys, but less collision is still effect when R vs. R or L vs. L. Honestly, I'll just copy+paste what I wrote earlier and format it like the sliding shoot launch is on beywiki. :V I mean, the detailing of how to actually shoot will be a sentence or two, I'm thinking a sub header with the requirements for the launch to work at 100% capacity will have a paragraph or so. (it will be the bulk of the article)
Yes however it's clear that the reducing agent: spin sharing is very much the dominant one, as these tests help show.

I remember telling BladeStorm that if Blitz were to pull 230 at 30% power, he wouldn't have been knocked out, this shows a true dying of left spin KOers.
Okay, so we're on the same page.
Guys, are you seriously testing a steal spin ability against a WD?

WD MUST be koed. Right spin, strong shoot, heavy recoil.

plus: use normal MF on gravity, it works better even if i can't exactly explain why.

about left and right spin: left spin XF gravity destabilize opponent's bey, so any WD D or SD user will auto-delete the destabilization.
Also, WD D and SD are THE BEST bottoms at low rotations BY FAR, against a d series user the best way to win against it is to smash it out.
You misunderstood what was written.
(Jun. 27, 2011  1:48 AM)Dan Wrote: Blah blah blah BOLD LETTAHS blah blah blah STAHTYSTYCKS blah.

I remember doing that with mine, but I wasn't so elaborate with it.
We had a meet-up today at regents park and we were doing this and getting quite a lot of wins in the process. I have to say, this is pretty effective and does help against opposite spin beys but there are moments where there is the occasional knock-out. Overall, very effective technique and thanks. Too bad we didn't do any testing (having too much fun winning).
Now the OP mentions attackers only. Is there any other instance where this can be useful?
Also, when the other person does the weak launch method, how can you survive it? Being slower than them would likely end up in a fast KO on yourself, and also would probably require an illegal mod.