The Official WBO Writing Tournament Thread-Next Tournament Announced!

You haven't started school yet? Lucky. I started today.
I start at 1st September.

Two days remaining.
OK, ControL_ I need your entry!

And once it's in I will post a few final words about the tournament and the finalists.
Ha ha, me too, as a broadcaster.
When there's a next writing tournment, I may ask for a broadcaster or a judge job.
OK, I really need your entry, ControL_. It's been a little while, and Temporal finished his a while back. Sorry for rushing you, but I'm leaving for a wedding friday and won't come back until sunday night, the day before school starts. Kinda important we get this thing finished.
WTF!? You're getting married!?(Hit fly
Haha it's just a joke.Grin

One day remaining.

If you're good at drawing comics or drawing,come and join my comic tournament!
hhhm, seems interesting, i just joined deikalos competition so wish me luck! anyways i'm intrigued to see how the final 2 entries are going to be
Tosay is the last day.

I'm wondering if Control_ already finishes his work.
Do not fear, the entry has just been submitted.

It is my most rushed piece of work, but that doesn't matter, it's in and it's ready.
eather way, ur still in the top 3 with me and Temporal, so u could be the #1 writer or #2 writer on WBO
Well you didn't come third, you need to do a playoff for third place between you and Tenshouyoku...

You were both semi-finalists.
He's assuming that he's 3rd since he gote more votes in the semis than TenshouYoku.... To fairly determine who's 3rd and 4th have a playoff. You didn't have the semis against the same member so this method is unfair.
(Aug. 26, 2011  11:04 AM)Blitz Unicorno Wrote: He's assuming that he's 3rd since he gote more votes in the semis than TenshouYoku.... To fairly determine who's 3rd and 4th have a playoff. You didn't have the semis against the same member so this method is unfair.
Which is why you should do a playoff.

It's not unfair, why do you think that it's a universal format and used in the Uefa Champions League?

More votes definitely doesn't decide it.

That's like saying Chelsea is better than Arsenal because Chelsea only lost 1-0 against Tottenham, when Arsenal lost 2-0 Man U, they're not even the same opponents.

Play off.
[offtopic]UEFA Champions League doesn't have 3rd/4th playoffs actually[/offtopic]
I'm saying that the current method is unfair and you should have a playoff.
(Aug. 26, 2011  11:23 AM)Blitz Unicorno Wrote: [offtopic]UEFA Champions League doesn't have 3rd/4th playoffs actually[/offtopic]
I'm saying that the current method is unfair and you should have a playoff.
That's because there is no value in 2nd/3rd places in life...

No but definitely in football, the win is really it.

They are wanting 3rd places, therefore you need playoffs.

There it is:
http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-f...ayoff.html

Therefore before anyone makes assumptions, playoffs should probably be done after the finals of this writing battle itself.
I would like to have a playoff, if he demanded to have a 3rd and 4th place.

Anyway, where is the Finals topic? I can't find it.
Sparta hasn't launched it yet...

Even though he was on this morning.

Patience is a virtue, let's all be virtuous.
And now, at long last, the time has come. If you would all please direct your attention to my post, I would like to say a few final words before the beginning of the end:

It all started with a dream. 36 individual dreams, as each one lined up to take on this awesome challenge head on. However, after turn of events after turn of events, we were left but with 10 noble contestants. Each one had demonstrated their writing prowess, and had made it this far. But now, the cards have been played, and the stakes have never been higher-for our two finalists!

Temporal

Temporal had been an early favorite to win the tournament. Already making a name for himself around the "Your Creations!" forum, he had grown in popularity with smashing hits like "Where the Angel Sings". He also owns a writing site called "Reflux Fiction", where he has a few popular books written.

As soon as the first round has started, it was obvious he had come to play. Every chapter, increasing in depth bit by bit, had always met the criteria to a T and had an exceptional balance of dialogue and description. Having faced tough opponents like SDamonCronous, he has struggled and fought his way to the top. Now, with his latest victory over one of the projected winners:天翔翼 TenshouYoku; he advances amongst the elite to the finals! Now he has but one opponent standing in his way. His toughest challenge yet has finally met him in combat-ControL_!

ControL_

Unlike Temporal, ControL_ was a complete unknown in the writing field. He had posted one story on the WBO, and no one knew what to expect from him. And they paid dearly for it.

ControL_ had taken off from day one guns blazing. His first entry had shocked the community, and he was able to take his first round victory. From there, he continued to impress the forum by adding to his book, one amazing chapter after the other. Finally, after beating another highly ranked competitor: @wesome; he too had climbed the ladder to the championship. Now, he is almost at the winners circle, but for Temporal!
With two of the best writers on the WBO facing off in the finals, the competition has really heated up. Two writers, one goal, and one title of "WBO's best writer." The stakes are high, and there is no room for error! Will it be Temporal, the early favorite and well-known writer who takes title, or will it be the dark horse entry, from places unknown to win the championship: ControL_?!

But! Before we kick off the final round of competition, I would like to make a very special announcement:

In response to popular demand, we will have a battle between @wesome and 天翔翼 TenshouYoku to decide who get the honor of 3rd place! The both of you will be challenged with the same theme as the finalists! The best of luck to both of you!

That ends this special announcement! Sparta, out.
Nice speech, but Control_ actually does have a story. The link's in his sig.
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:37 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Nice speech, but Control_ actually does have a story. The link's in his sig.

Haha, oops. Still, he wasn't really known as a writer. I'll just modify it a bit...
What... This is... wrong.

That's the whole tension just gone - You really shouldn't let us take the entries back, so let us keep them how they are and make the thread please.
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:43 PM)ControL_ Wrote: What... This is... wrong.

That's the whole tension just gone - You really shouldn't let us take the entries back, so let us keep them how they are and make the thread please.

So, what do you want me to do? Make your thread but have the battle for 3rd and 4th be after yours?

I was thinking about that, but it wouldn't be the same if the finals weren't the last battle.
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:46 PM)Sparta Wrote:

So, what do you want me to do? Make your thread but have the battle for 3rd and 4th be after yours?

I was thinking about that, but it wouldn't be the same if the finals weren't the last battle.
Usually play-offs are after the finals.
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:47 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2011  5:46 PM)Sparta Wrote:

Usually play-offs are after the finals.

????They are????

How about this. Why don't we wait to see what Temporal says. He's the other finalist and should have his say, too.