[Takara Tomy]  Tempest Dragon Testing & Discussion

(Sep. 13, 2020  3:02 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2020  3:01 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: The ruling of using tempest is that you cannot use the Awakening mode from the start
You can simply strong launch it, it will awaken.

(Sep. 13, 2020  3:01 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: No, it was not.
Too bad, the recoil is lower when awakened in my opinion.

The awakened state has more recoil because it extends the contact points to create big gaps, which also makes it terrible for spin-equalization because of how thin the blades are. I'd say the Bound Mode has better KO Attack, while the Awakened Mode has better Burst Attack, which is also in part due to the launch power. It also poses a large self-KO risk if you launch hard enough to awaken it.
(Sep. 13, 2020  3:18 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2020  3:02 PM)g2_ Wrote: You can simply strong launch it, it will awaken.

Too bad, the recoil is lower when awakened in my opinion.

The awakened state has more recoil because it extends the contact points to create big gaps, which also makes it terrible for spin-equalization because of how thin the blades are. I'd say the Bound Mode has better KO Attack, while the Awakened Mode has better Burst Attack, which is also in part due to the launch power. It also poses a large self-KO risk if you launch hard enough to awaken it.
I disagree.
(Sep. 13, 2020  4:11 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2020  3:18 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The awakened state has more recoil because it extends the contact points to create big gaps, which also makes it terrible for spin-equalization because of how thin the blades are. I'd say the Bound Mode has better KO Attack, while the Awakened Mode has better Burst Attack, which is also in part due to the launch power. It also poses a large self-KO risk if you launch hard enough to awaken it.
I disagree.

Why do you disagree? At least back up your opinion with facts if you're going to say something that goes against my logic.
(Sep. 13, 2020  4:27 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2020  4:11 PM)g2_ Wrote: I disagree.

Why do you disagree? At least back up your opinion with facts if you're going to say something that goes against my logic.
I have it, and the one with less recoil was the awakened one.
(Sep. 13, 2020  3:01 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2020  2:34 PM)g2_ Wrote: Was Tempest awakened?
The ruling of using tempest is that you cannot use the Awakening mode from the start

When was this ruling added? I don't remember seeing any announcements regarding updated rulings.
(Sep. 14, 2020  1:42 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2020  3:01 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: The ruling of using tempest is that you cannot use the Awakening mode from the start

When was this ruling added? I don't remember seeing any announcements regarding updated rulings.

I agree where was it?
(Sep. 14, 2020  1:42 AM)BladerGem Wrote:

It was a jp ruling wbo probably add this later on
(Sep. 13, 2020  4:33 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2020  4:27 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Why do you disagree? At least back up your opinion with facts if you're going to say something that goes against my logic.
I have it, and the one with less recoil was the awakened one.

I believe you are thinking of "recoil" as "Smash Attack" which is a common misconception. Recoil is a term that's usually used with projectile weapons to describe how hard the weapon gets pushed back when launching the projectile. A Beyblade experiences recoil when it gets pushed back or when it gets hit to lose rotational velocity or clicks. If you're trying to say that the unawakened mode has better Smash Attack than the awakened mode, that's exactly what I'm saying. The contact points are more solid, so it can get more solid hits, while the awakened mode's contact points are aggressive but thin, resulting in more Burst Attack.
(Sep. 14, 2020  5:08 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2020  4:33 PM)g2_ Wrote: I have it, and the one with less recoil was the awakened one.

I believe you are thinking of "recoil" as "Smash Attack" which is a common misconception. Recoil is a term that's usually used with projectile weapons to describe how hard the weapon gets pushed back when launching the projectile. A Beyblade experiences recoil when it gets pushed back or when it gets hit to lose rotational velocity or clicks. If you're trying to say that the unawakened mode has better Smash Attack than the awakened mode, that's exactly what I'm saying. The contact points are more solid, so it can get more solid hits, while the awakened mode's contact points are aggressive but thin, resulting in more Burst Attack.
I know what recoil means, but thats a great explanation.
Ok, so i need someone to test this out because for some reason, it doesn't work like it should.

Its Tempest Diaboros.00W.Mb 1S. i recently entered this combo into WayoftheBey's Beat The Bey series, against the then-champion, Lord Spriggan.Blitz.Bearing (left). I make this combo to specifically counter the spin steal from Spriggan and bearings LAD potential. I won by outspinning in the battle. Now, in the newest BTB, tempest went against right spin combos - sure, some being combos that wouldn't be the best competitive wise - but for Mb having (supposedly) poor same spin performance, i need someone to test if maybe my combo got lucky. an interesting thing is that none of the beys scored a point on tempest, not one. each time they got outspun.
here are the combos that it has (currently) faced off against:

Lord Spriggan.Bl.Br (left) - The former champion, TDb won by outspinning 3 times.
Death Hyperion.Ul' 1B - TDb won by spin finish 3 times
Master Spriggan.Pr.Wv (left) - TDb won my spin finish 3 times
Prime Apocalypse.Bl.Xc (Big Bang Armor) - TDb won with 2 spin finishes and a ring out

I need someone to test combos against this to see why Mobius, a driver with poor same spin performance, could out spin and even KO same spin beys/out spin opposite spin beys.
Some combos that I'd like to see it tested against:
Rage Longinus.Ev' 3A
Brave Lucifer.Xt+ 2A
Curse Lucifer.Mb 1B / 2D Unawakened
Mirage Longinus.Kp' 1B
Stock Rage
Stock Hyperion
Stock Curse

Thanks in advance~
(Sep. 14, 2020  11:35 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: Ok, so i need someone to test this out because for some reason, it doesn't work like it should.

Its Tempest Diaboros.00W.Mb 1S. i recently entered this combo into WayoftheBey's Beat The Bey series, against the then-champion, Lord Spriggan.Blitz.Bearing (left). I make this combo to specifically counter the spin steal from Spriggan and bearings LAD potential. I won by outspinning in the battle. Now, in the newest BTB, tempest went against right spin combos - sure, some being combos that wouldn't be the best competitive wise - but for Mb having (supposedly) poor same spin performance, i need someone to test if maybe my combo got lucky. an interesting thing is that none of the beys scored a point on tempest, not one. each time they got outspun.

Lord Spriggan.Bl.Br (left) - The former champion, TDb won by outspinning 3 times.
Prime Apocalypse.Bl.Xc (Big Bang Armor) - TDb won with 2 spin finishes and a ring out

I need someone to test combos against this to see why Mobius, a driver with poor same spin performance, could out spin and even KO same spin beys/out spin opposite spin beys.
Rage Longinus.Ev' 3A
Brave Lucifer.Xt+ 2A
Mirage Longinus.Kp' 1B
Stock Rage
Stock Hyperion
Stock Curse

Thanks in advance~

Would replacing Diabolos with Lucifer work, or does it have to be Diabolos?
(Sep. 14, 2020  11:49 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2020  11:35 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: Ok, so i need someone to test this out because for some reason, it doesn't work like it should.

Rage Longinus.Ev' 3A
Brave Lucifer.Xt+ 2A
Mirage Longinus.Kp' 1B
Stock Rage
Stock Hyperion
Stock Curse

Thanks in advance~

Would replacing Diabolos with Lucifer work, or does it have to be Diabolos?

Yeah, it would work
Tempest Lucifer Charge metal 2D, 2D awakened vs Curse diabolos 1D 00cross Atomic, (Also if you have time 1 fun round against dranzer s 12 zephyr)
Tempest Lucifer Bearing 2D (Unawakened and Soft Launch) Vs. Rage Longinus Ultimate Reboot’ 3A (Sliding Shoot). I did ten rounds.

Results:

Tempest Lucifer: 80% (6 OS’ 2 KO’s)

Rage Longinus: 20% (2 KO’s)
Tempest Lucifer 2d bearing vs varient Hyperion 2s or what ever chassis wave or a super worn variable side shoot
Tempest Lucifer Wheel Xtend+ (Defense Mode) 1S Vs. Master Fafnir 00Wall Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Tempest Lucifer: 100% (10 OS’)

Master Fafnir: 0%

There were a lot of ties. Probably more than 10 matches if I had to recall.
Tempest Lucifer Destroy’ 2A (Soft Launch) Vs. Rage Fafnir Ultimate Reboot’ 3A (Sliding Shoot). I did ten rounds.

Results:

Tempest Lucifer: 70% (4 OS’ 3 KO’s)

Rage Fafnir: 30% (3 KO’s)

Tempest Lucifer 0 Revolve 1S (Odd) Vs. Perfect Phoenix 0 Revolve (Even). I did ten rounds.

Results:

Tempest Lucifer: 90% (8 OS’ 1 Burst)

Perfect Phoenix: 10% (1 OS)

Revolve seems a bit too jumpy for Perfect Phoenix. They both were a bit aggressive but when the armor came off, it was over.
Even if Tempest has Attack potential, I saw many use it with stamina tips or balance tips, why is that? it doesnt much well with rubber? or it doesnt have enough raw attack potential the layer that needs the "OS backup"?
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:01 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Even if Tempest has Attack potential, I saw many use it with stamina tips or balance tips, why is that? it doesnt much well with rubber? or it doesnt have enough raw attack potential the layer that needs the "OS backup"?

The attack potential isn't that great even in awaken form, I've tried it with quick'& evolution'
Tempest<Brave<Super<First for right spin attacker in superking system,but Tempest is pretty tanky against Rage
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:13 PM)KerbeusKmie Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:01 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Even if Tempest has Attack potential, I saw many use it with stamina tips or balance tips, why is that? it doesnt much well with rubber? or it doesnt have enough raw attack potential the layer that needs the "OS backup"?

The attack potential isn't that great even in awaken form, I've tried it with quick'& evolution'
Tempest<Brave<Super<First for right spin attacker in superking system,but Tempest is pretty tanky against Rage
Tempest is even great against Brave and Judgement.
(Oct. 01, 2020  4:32 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:13 PM)KerbeusKmie Wrote: The attack potential isn't that great even in awaken form, I've tried it with quick'& evolution'
Tempest is even great against Brave and Judgement.

Actually Super is greater than First just saying in right spin attacker (tested results by Papabey). Also tempest layer is more of defensive/stamina. It doesn’t have good attack power at all. That’s why the new meta combo with tempest is -Tempest Lucifer XT+ 2A as it has crazy Lad and tanks quite well even against rage. The awakened form (activated by launching bey) acts like mini shields that allow it to be hit hard and absorb the recoil which is really great at the start of the battle when the most force is generated. It’s a must to have in 5g decks as its versatile against stamina and attack combos.
Ok, I got confused along the way, thanks for clarifying
Tempest spriggan wheel xceed 1S vs Glide Ragnaruk bearing 2s
Tempest Lucifer Xt+ 2A (stamina mode) vs Tempest Lucifer Wh Xt+ 1S (stamina mode)

Tempest Lucifer Wh Xt+ 1S (stamina mode) vs World Lucifer Wh Xt+ 1S (right spin, stamina mode)
I just wish the slopes were better