[Takara Tomy]  Hell Salamander Testing Thread

(Jul. 03, 2018  7:39 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Ha! What’d I tell ya! hS will get in more hits because of the shape...
Yeah the results caught me off guard. Didn't expect hS on attack mode would made any difference since mG doesn't have gaps on it's layer for attacks to make impact.
(Jul. 03, 2018  3:54 PM)OfficialGoob Wrote: hS should be banned
Omg its the GOOOOOOOB im sry its not thread related.

there are reliable counters for it like emperor forneus and others. Spriggan Requiem and maximum Garuda were banned because you had to beat it with the same layer, therefore, the meta became spriggan requiem and maximum Garuda, nothing else. You had to be able to beat them to have a chance. It was at this point that they were banned, because it came down to two factors: shoot power and those two layers. Attack combos didn’t stand a chance. The current meta is diverse- therefore, there should be no need for a ban
(Jul. 04, 2018  7:05 AM)leosama Wrote:

there are reliable counters for it like emperor forneus and others. Spriggan Requiem and maximum Garuda were banned because you had to beat it with the same layer, therefore, the meta became spriggan requiem and maximum Garuda, nothing else. You had to be able to beat them to have a chance. It was at this point that they were banned, because it came down to two factors: shoot power and those two layers. Attack combos didn’t stand a chance. The current meta is diverse- therefore, there should be no need for a ban

It should be banned as right spin attack(which is most of the attack)  struggles against it and it can easily beat right spin stamina and defense basically only thing which can beat hS is bL.  And yea if u use emperor forneus on a mirror setup against hS then it would lose consistently . Theres nothing left spin which has more stamina than hS.
Just Tried hS for spin stealing, No good. even aB is better zombie
(Jul. 04, 2018  7:58 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Just Tried hS for spin stealing, No good. even aB is better zombie
What setup did u use? And what setup was the opponent using?  Also what stadium were u using?
Also Hell Salamander can outspin both left and right, with correct launching speed, not some thing which i tried, hand spinnng is no good(who cares) Proto launcher did this

(Jul. 04, 2018  8:01 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2018  7:58 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Just Tried hS for spin stealing, No good. even aB is better zombie
What setup did u use? And what setup was the opponent using?  Also what stadium were u using?

Burst Standard beystadium. opponent was K2.Nine.orbit (that's what common on India, can't be helped, waiting for gods)
hS when launched with proto can outspin K2 launched with Beylauncher LR.
But even you need full strenght will proto, or hS will be Knocked of balance.
hS.h.r was used
(Jul. 04, 2018  7:58 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2018  7:05 AM)leosama Wrote: there are reliable counters for it like emperor forneus and others. Spriggan Requiem and maximum Garuda were banned because you had to beat it with the same layer, therefore, the meta became spriggan requiem and maximum Garuda, nothing else. You had to be able to beat them to have a chance. It was at this point that they were banned, because it came down to two factors: shoot power and those two layers. Attack combos didn’t stand a chance. The current meta is diverse- therefore, there should be no need for a ban

It should be banned as right spin attack(which is most of the attack)  struggles against it and it can easily beat right spin stamina and defense basically only thing which can beat hS is bL.  And yea if u use emperor forneus on a mirror setup against hS then it would lose consistently . Theres nothing left spin which has more stamina than hS.

baha I’m not kidding, go see what went down at the beytuber brawl

people keep saying that they’ve found consistent counters for hS
(Jul. 04, 2018  8:17 AM)leosama Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2018  7:58 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: It should be banned as right spin attack(which is most of the attack)  struggles against it and it can easily beat right spin stamina and defense basically only thing which can beat hS is bL.  And yea if u use emperor forneus on a mirror setup against hS then it would lose consistently . Theres nothing left spin which has more stamina than hS.

baha I’m not kidding, go see what went down at the beytuber brawl

TBH my sX was able to KO hS

But KO from sX is not consistent
(Jul. 04, 2018  8:50 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2018  8:17 AM)leosama Wrote: baha I’m not kidding, go see what went down at the beytuber brawl

TBH my sX was able to KO hS

see? you've got a counter for it too, that's why it doesn't need to be banned Smile

the meta looks fine the way it is imo, but the higher up people might think otherwise Uncertain
(Jul. 04, 2018  9:15 AM)leosama Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2018  8:50 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: TBH my sX was able to KO hS

see? you've got a counter for it too, that's why it doesn't need to be banned Smile

the meta looks fine the way it is imo, but the higher up people might think otherwise Uncertain

Also, against nl, it's pretty decent, nL can take out that thing (pardon me, tested on revolve and orbit only, no atomic)
(Jul. 04, 2018  8:17 AM)leosama Wrote: baha I’m not kidding, go see what went down at the beytuber brawl

I have a friend @[kjrules17] who went there and talked to me about it afterwards he said hS is dominating the meta and needs to be banned. And its quite clear why hS needs to be banned nothing outspins it in left spin it basically eats up  majority of attack,  it outspins almost all right spin stamina /defense stuff on Bearing, Destroy and Atomic. Only bL and nL(to an extent)  have a chance against it.
(Jul. 04, 2018  9:39 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:

I have a friend @[kjrules17] who went there and talked to me about it afterwards he said hS is dominating the meta and needs to be banned. And its quite clear why hS needs to be banned nothing outspins it in left spin it basically eats up  majority of attack,  it outspins almost all right spin stamina /defense stuff on Bearing, Destroy and Atomic. Only bL and nL(to an extent)  have a chance against it.

you got a point, i guess we'll see what happens. I'm gonna bet it doesn't get banned, but hey, i might be wrong Smile
(Jul. 04, 2018  10:12 AM)leosama Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2018  9:39 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I have a friend @[kjrules17] who went there and talked to me about it afterwards he said hS is dominating the meta and needs to be banned. And its quite clear why hS needs to be banned nothing outspins it in left spin it basically eats up  majority of attack,  it outspins almost all right spin stamina /defense stuff on Bearing, Destroy and Atomic. Only bL and nL(to an extent)  have a chance against it.

you got a point, i guess we'll see what happens. I'm gonna bet it doesn't get banned, but hey, i might be wrong Smile

nl is usable against hS, #tested, with revolve and orbit
Ya I saw a video (Japanese ) in which nl revolve beated hell salamander revolve.
(Jul. 04, 2018  10:44 AM)Battleburst Wrote: Ya I saw a video (Japanese ) in which nl revolve beated hell salamander revolve.

I can confirm this, i tested it today, both on Beylauncher lr, hS.h.r vs nL.o
also nL based attack combinations can do quite a damage
(Jul. 04, 2018  10:52 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2018  10:44 AM)Battleburst Wrote: Ya I saw a video (Japanese ) in which nl revolve beated hell salamander revolve.

I can confirm this, i tested it today, both on Beylauncher lr, hS.h.r vs nL.o
also nL based attack combinations can do quite a damage

Exactly what I’m thinking rn, I’m pre sure I’m right, but there are a few people who don’t think so

Jojo put out a video a while ago too, it has a few competitive combos but the choice of disks that I saw was kinda weird ?
(Jul. 04, 2018  9:39 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:

I’m gonna tell you it’s kind of playing a similar role or Bearing... It’s OP but does not need to be banned because it can be defeated. Well, sometimes. That’s the same with hS... But you may be right because Sr was BANNED like a few months off release...
Let me actually correct myself @[Rebel Blader]. When you and I were talking, I said I wouldn't be surprised to see it get banned, but I didn't say it needs to be banned. It'll probably be banned down the line, but we don't know yet. Personally, I think more testing should be done with it.
(Jul. 04, 2018  12:02 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: Let me actually correct myself @[Rebel Blader]. When you and I were talking, I said I wouldn't be surprised to see it get banned, but I didn't say it needs to be banned. It'll probably be banned down the line, but we don't know yet. Personally, I think more testing should be done with it.

I would say so to... hS has been in like 2 or 3 big tourneys including BeyTuber Brawl which had ALOT of Black and Pink but that's still not enough... I don't think so any way...

In that sense, you can argue about banning wV cuz it's really hard to get that 2 points off it... But every think has it's weaknesses... Just a few have a little less like Sr which was literally made to break the Meta...
(Jul. 04, 2018  8:02 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Also Hell Salamander can outspin both left and right, with correct launching speed, not some thing which i tried, hand spinnng is no good(who cares) Proto launcher did this

(Jul. 04, 2018  8:01 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: What setup did u use? And what setup was the opponent using?  Also what stadium were u using?

Burst Standard beystadium. opponent was K2.Nine.orbit (that's what common on India, can't be helped, waiting for gods)
hS when launched with proto can outspin K2 launched with Beylauncher LR.
But even you need full strenght will proto, or hS will be Knocked of balance.
hS.h.r was used

of course, K2 isnt that good against cho-z beys
(Jul. 04, 2018  12:02 PM)kjrules17 Wrote: Let me actually correct myself @[Rebel Blader]. When you and I were talking, I said I wouldn't be surprised to see it get banned, but I didn't say it needs to be banned. It'll probably be banned down the line, but we don't know yet. Personally, I think more testing should be done with it.
Oh well sorry i thought u said that that but oh well anyways u do agree it is quite dominating the meta?
(Jul. 04, 2018  3:35 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Oh well sorry i thought u said that that but oh well anyways u do agree it is quite dominating the meta?
Yeah, definitely. Most combos I saw being used at the Beytuber Brawl involved Hell Salamander.
(Jul. 04, 2018  3:41 PM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2018  3:35 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Oh well sorry i thought u said that that but oh well anyways u do agree it is quite dominating the meta?
Yeah, definitely. Most combos I saw being used at the Beytuber Brawl involved Hell Salamander.

I think it's because it's ideal, not because it's Best. We have reliable Counter now