[Takara Tomy]  Guardian Kerbeus Discussion

I spent a lot of time over the last two days testing this layer, prior to owning one myself I saw few videos and despite how its teeth look it didn't burst as much as expected and the shape looked like it had potential so I started off with a few preliminary 10 round tests. 

Equipment: 
Burst Standard Stadium
Speed Launcher with carabiner grip
BeyLauncher L and power grip

Procedure:
Launches alternated
gK Launched 80% power
Odin Launched 80% power
Neptune launched 80% power
dF launched 40% power
Ties Redone

After the preliminary 10 rounds testing I wanted to try gK against some combos I thought it would have trouble destabilising. These were all 20 round tests.

Equipment:
Burst Standard Stadium

Procedure:

Launches alternated

gK Launched 80% power
bR Lauched 100% power

At this point I wasn't happy with how much gK was bursting on Yell Atomic. I played around with a few disks and settled on 4G, it was heavy enough to give gK good stamina but didn't burst as much Yell or Spread. Glaive helped boost the LAD slightly and also prevents disk contact to a degree. Again these were 20 round tests. 

Gonna do the monster math right now ;)

• gK won 91/120 rounds against right spinning opponents, about 76% of matches 
  • gK.4G.R won a staggering 71/80 matches against right spinning opponents ~89% overall!
  • gK.Y.At won 20/40 rounds against right spin opponents 50% overall
  • gK won only 7/20 rounds against left spinning (dF.P.at) opponents, 35% overall 

When looking at the data like this it's clear the 4G revolve combo is better against right spin opponents but isn't so good against left spin atomic, a trend I think a lot of players will agree upon and so atomic testing would be the next logical step. I see a lot of potential in gK (I hope some other players can back me up!)

Overall the round shape along with the black plastic parts of gK make it a really good destabiliser. The only real caveat to its performance is the burst resistance and left spin matchup. More testing on Atomic with other disks could provide solutions to these weaknesses. I think right now especially in the London meta finding a layer that can beat Odin and Neptune reliably is super valuable. I suppose bR could give it some trouble in certain matchups too and I didn't test gK against any right spin Atomic so who knows what else could beat it. Right now I can't stand the sight of gK but I'm sure I'll pick it up again in the future. 

If you read all this was I appreciate it. I hope these tests push you to try out gK 

BSJ~
can u do bR 4/6/8 G At vs gK 4G R? so far results are good for this layer. could u also tell the weight distribution of the layer does it has alot of owd?i wanna see how it fares against bR on atomic since bR on atomic paired with a god layer sytem disk like the combo i have suggested is known to destabilize revolve based combos.
Hm, quite disappointing that it does not seem to do well against left-spin though, especially with that rubber it has.
(Jun. 24, 2017  4:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, quite disappointing that it does not seem to do well against left-spin though, especially with that rubber it has.

rubber? i thought gK had POM.
(Jun. 24, 2017  5:31 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2017  4:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, quite disappointing that it does not seem to do well against left-spin though, especially with that rubber it has.

rubber? i thought gK had POM.

Rubbery plastic, same thing. Basically real "rubber" is almost never used in Beyblade components anyway, ever.
(Jun. 24, 2017  5:33 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2017  5:31 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: rubber? i thought gK had POM.

Rubbery plastic, same thing. Basically real "rubber" is almost never used in Beyblade components anyway, ever.

But wont rubbery plastic increase friction. i thought those black parts of gK were made of POM(plastic of which yeilding is made of) so friction is reduced when it is hit and it doesnt burst.
Thanks for these tests, Basedsamuraij!

I tested Guardian Kerbeus last weekend before our tournament on June 18th in Toronto and your results here basically match my own experience. I couldn't find any right-spin Stamina combo that could beat gK.S.R, but had difficulties when putting it up against Drain Fafnir variants. I brought it into the tournament as my "secret" combo, but unfortunately both times I used it my opponent used dF.4G.At and I lost 3-1 both times (with a few debatable calls). And just to note: 4G was being used instead of Polish on Drain Fafnir because it has far better stamina (at the cost of slightly less LAD).

We did notice that something like A2.S.R was able to more consistently OS dF.4G.At, but it of course has less stamina than gK in the right-spin match-up.

I also noticed that despite the basically non-existent teeth, my gK felt surprisingly tight with multiple different Revolve Drivers. Is this something you have experienced? I haven't tested it against Blaze Ragnaruk, but I'm surprised it was able to burst it on Yell Atomic so much; maybe that has something to do with your Atomic Driver, since I know @[Angry Face] mentioned in the Beyblade Random Thoughts thread how he found his different At Drivers had different levels of tightness. In my experience, it had pretty impressive defense all things considered on Spread Revolve.

Having rubber won't always make a bey os opposite spin. Sometimes having less recoil/friction can make you OS your opponent too. Aka Duo and A2 lol. You can rather focusing on increasing your own stamina (and precession. LAD = Atomic beyhaha there doesn't seems like anything that can match RDF of Burst) and resist spin equalizing.
can you try it with 8 C/G.
maybe the weight distribution of 8, and the shape of C or G can help with LAD.
(Jun. 27, 2017  7:59 PM)Kei Wrote: Thanks for these tests, Basedsamuraij!

I tested Guardian Kerbeus last weekend before our tournament on June 18th in Toronto and your results here basically match my own experience. I couldn't find any right-spin Stamina combo that could beat gK.S.R, but had difficulties when putting it up against Drain Fafnir variants. I brought it into the tournament as my "secret" combo, but unfortunately both times I used it my opponent used dF.4G.At and I lost 3-1 both times (with a few debatable calls). And just to note: 4G was being used instead of Polish on Drain Fafnir because it has far better stamina (at the cost of slightly less LAD).

We did notice that something like A2.S.R was able to more consistently OS dF.4G.At, but it of course has less stamina than gK in the right-spin match-up.

I also noticed that despite the basically non-existent teeth, my gK felt surprisingly tight with multiple different Revolve Drivers. Is this something you have experienced? I haven't tested it against Blaze Ragnaruk, but I'm surprised it was able to burst it on Yell Atomic so much; maybe that has something to do with your Atomic Driver, since I know @[Angry Face] mentioned in the Beyblade Random Thoughts thread how he found his different At Drivers had different levels of tightness. In my experience, it had pretty impressive defense all things considered on Spread Revolve.

Ah cool! Nice to know someone else could get it to work. I tried spread revolve briefly but wasn't getting amazing results, maybe I should go back and try again with a spread that balances well. I think gK is quite similar to A2 in its performance but I don't have to launch gK as hard to get it to outspin opponents. 

I agree revolve is definitely tight with gK. It's surprising how tight it locks given those teeth and after battles with plenty of contact seldom is it on the last tooth. I was shocked about gK.Y.At  bursting as well but I think it's because bR can be launched hard and the teeth along side the thick round parts prevent clicks. In my opinion moderating your launch with yell atomic is more important that when using revolve variants. I should try my other atomics but they all seem to gave similar tightness. 

Definitely want to try 4G atomic in the future. Maybe even a yielding gK given how dF.P.Y performs.
Wow really impressive results. I wonder how its OS those things with shape which might create uneven weight distribution and catch air?

BTW can you try it with Yeilding once please? It seems like it might help it to resist bursting and maybe it could make it hard to KO too (like it did to G2).

If possible can you do some attack testing also? I want to see how it guards (pun intended) against those attacker beyhaha. Possible try it as attack lol? Who knows it might do well as B2 did despite its shape
(Jun. 27, 2017  7:59 PM)Kei Wrote: Thanks for these tests, Basedsamuraij!

Hey, do you think that if you launched gK softly against an equally soft dF that it would decrease the chances of bursting? I find gK's biggest problem against dF it's burst resistance based on battles I saw, and I assume with a higher rotation right spin smashing the back of dFs heads, it causes it to burst.

EDIT: Actually I wanted to ask, even though gK has very small teeth, is the bit where the set of teeth are any lower so that the gaps of the teeth are taller than other layers?
Has anyone tried "Guardian Kerbeus Down Planet" yet?
(Dec. 03, 2017  10:54 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: Has anyone tried "Guardian Kerbeus Down Planet" yet?

Planet has an imbalance problem and scrapes like Weight, and Down is outclassed by 7/4/5Glaive
in a mirror match matchup of gK h r against gK 4g revolve which one would win
(Dec. 04, 2017  9:36 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: in a mirror match matchup of gK h r against gK 4g revolve which one would win

gK.4G.R, it's got a bit more OWD
(Jun. 23, 2017  10:46 PM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: I spent a lot of time over the last two days testing this layer, prior to owning one myself I saw few videos and despite how its teeth look it didn't burst as much as expected and the shape looked like it had potential so I started off with a few preliminary 10 round tests. 

Equipment: 
Burst Standard Stadium

Procedure:
Launches alternated
gK Launched 80% power
Odin Launched 80% power
Neptune launched 80% power
dF launched 40% power
Ties Redone

After the preliminary 10 rounds testing I wanted to try gK against some combos I thought it would have trouble destabilising. These were all 20 round tests.

Equipment:
Burst Standard Stadium

Procedure:

Launches alternated

gK Launched 80% power
bR Lauched 100% power

At this point I wasn't happy with how much gK was bursting on Yell Atomic. I played around with a few disks and settled on 4G, it was heavy enough to give gK good stamina but didn't burst as much Yell or Spread. Glaive helped boost the LAD slightly and also prevents disk contact to a degree. Again these were 20 round tests. 

Gonna do the monster math right now Wink

• gK won 91/120 rounds against right spinning opponents, about 76% of matches 
  • gK.4G.R won a staggering 71/80 matches against right spinning opponents ~89% overall!
  • gK.Y.At won 20/40 rounds against right spin opponents 50% overall
  • gK won only 7/20 rounds against left spinning (dF.P.at) opponents, 35% overall 

When looking at the data like this it's clear the 4G revolve combo is better against right spin opponents but isn't so good against left spin atomic, a trend I think a lot of players will agree upon and so atomic testing would be the next logical step. I see a lot of potential in gK (I hope some other players can back me up!)

Overall the round shape along with the black plastic parts of gK make it a really good destabiliser. The only real caveat to its performance is the burst resistance and left spin matchup. More testing on Atomic with other disks could provide solutions to these weaknesses. I think right now especially in the London meta finding a layer that can beat Odin and Neptune reliably is super valuable. I suppose bR could give it some trouble in certain matchups too and I didn't test gK against any right spin Atomic so who knows what else could beat it. Right now I can't stand the sight of gK but I'm sure I'll pick it up again in the future. 

If you read all this was I appreciate it. I hope these tests push you to try out gK 

BSJ~
Have you tried using Hold?
Try gK.4G.R vs sX.1M.N
Guardian Kerbeus already has carp burst resistance, putting it on a driver that moves a lot is a death sentence for the thing.
(Dec. 04, 2017  10:45 PM)dt1000 Wrote: Try gK.4G.R vs sX.1M.N

I can already tell you what is going to happen. Sieg bursts gK. sX wins
(Dec. 04, 2017  10:46 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Guardian Kerbeus already has carp burst resistance, putting it on a driver that moves a lot is a death sentence for the thing.

I mean use Hold in a spin-stealing combo.
I did some test of Guardian Kerbeus Gravity Revolve vs Chaos Gravity Revolve and Chaos like win was outspinning it everytime when chaos wasn't bursterd
(Jan. 20, 2018  3:46 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: I did some test of Guardian Kerbeus Gravity Revolve vs Chaos Gravity Revolve and Chaos like win was outspinning it everytime when chaos wasn't bursterd
Try gk against D mirror
(Jan. 20, 2018  4:40 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2018  3:46 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: I did some test of Guardian Kerbeus Gravity Revolve vs Chaos Gravity Revolve and Chaos like win was outspinning it everytime when chaos wasn't bursterd
Try gk against D mirror

Unfortunately don't have D yet Unhappy. But I will be getting Deep Chaos sometime this month (or my friend Snidmist) so we can try it against gK and Chaos