Jan

TAMPA NEVER STOPS BLADING @ TNS8

Tampa, Florida
Tournament Results
Holiday Inn Westshore
700 N Westshore Blvd
  In the ballroom areas, find the Beyblade Burst sign!
1:00PM on 01/18/2020
Hosted by
  joyos
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
45 cash  

Passport Holder's Fee does not apply. TNS8 Competitor Pass and Entry Required. Pricing listed is for Normal Registration. PLEASE SEE INFORMATION NOTES

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

TAMPA NEVER STOPS BLADING @ TNS8
Hosted by joyos
Saturday, January 18th, 2020 – Burst Standard Format (TT & Hasbro)

ABOUT TAMPA NEVER SLEEPS

Tampa Never Sleeps is one of the most prominent Fighting Game Tournaments in Florida and they are now back with a big event known as Tampa Never Sleeps 8.  They have Street Fighter Tournaments, Smash Bros Tournaments as well as many others!  I was able to secure a spot for a Beyblade Burst Tournament at this event!  Please join us for our tournament and/or if you like Fighting Games!

If you have any questions about our event itself, please feel free to post them here! Otherwise, for more information about Tampa Never Sleeps 8 in general, please visit their smash.gg page.

TNS8 COMPETITOR PASS PURCHASE REQUIRED

To compete in the Beyblade Tournament at TNS8, a Competitor Pass with the Beyblade Tournament Entry must be purchased.  The Beyblade Tournament Entry is $5 but the Competitor Pass increases in price over time.  All tournaments at TNS8 are subject to the Competitor Pass and Tournament Entry.  If you are not competing you can get a Spectator Pass and that will allow you access to Freeplay.

Normal Registration $40 ($45 Total, November 9th to January 3rd)
Late Registration $50 ($55 Total, January 4th to January 10th)
Spectator Pass, Freeplay Only $20 at the Door
NO ONSITE REGISTRATION
There are no refunds after December 31st, 2019.
REGISTRATION ENDS JANUARY 10TH, 2020!

PURCHASE HERE

PARTICIPANT CAP: 48 PLAYERS & HOW TO PRE-REGISTER

Participant Cap: 48 Players

Hitting the “Join Tournament” button above to express your interest in attending this event is a great help to us as we plan for this event, but it does not guarantee a spot in the tournament.

While everyone will be welcome to spectate and participate in free play (spectator pass required), there will be a participant cap of 32 40 48 Players due to limited space and time.

Edit 2 (12/28/2019): Due to how fast we hit the previous cap of 40, the participant cap has been raised to 48.

Edit: Due to how fast we hit the previous cap of 32, the participant cap has been raised to 40.

How to Pre-Register for TAMPA NEVER STOPS BLADING

If you would like to confirm your spot in the tournament and you have a WBO Account, please do the following:

• Forward Ticket Confirmation: Forward your TNS8 Entry Confirmation to ultimatesayasp@gmail.com
  • Email Title: Title the email “TAMPA NEVER BLADES - Entry Confirmation”.
  • Include WBO Username: Include your exact WBO username in the email.

This is so that we can confirm anyone on our attendance list will actually be attending the event. Thanks for your understanding!

Once received we will add you to the smash.gg and challonge bracket linked below. However, this may take several days, so please be patient!

Additional Registration Guidelines

• Day-Of Check-In Required: All registered players will be required to check-in at our tournament area on the day of the event before it starts.
  • Entrants on smash.gg WILL be Prioritized: Even if paid participants are without a WBO Account, myself or my team will get their WBO Accounts made.
  • Posting/PMing Will Not Secure Spot: Posting in this thread or private messaging the host will not confirm a spot in the tournament. You must follow the instructions above.
  • NO Day-Of Registration: No day-of registration will be available.
  • Confirmed Participant List: You can view the current list of confirmed participants for the tournament by viewing the smash.gg event page linked below.
  • Spectator Passes for Companions/Parents/Guardians Are Required: If you require a ride to the event or if you need a parent/guardian to take you to the event please be advised that they will require a spectator pass to watch over you at the event.  Spectator Passes are $20 at the door.

Number of Players:  48 Player Cap (Increased from 40 on 12/28/2019, Increased from 32 on 12/18/2019)
Date:  January 18th, 2020
Location:  Holiday Inn Westshore, 700 N Westshore Blvd, Tampa, FL 33609, USA.  This hotel has a car-park available that is not far from the hotel itself.
Bracket (challonge, First Stage):  https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/TNSB
Bracket (challonge, Top 8 Final Stage):  https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/TNSBFinal
Beyblade Format:  WBO Burst Standard (Hasbro & TT allowed)
Tournament Format:  Swiss, Top 8 Streamed
Payout/Prizing:  Top 4 Prizes!  Competitors will choose a prize package based on placement.  Last one left goes to 4th Place.
  • GT Triple Booster
  • Stock Dead Phoenix, Stock Revive Phoenix, Red Xtend+ Driver
  • Stock Judgment Joker, Black Blitz Disk, Hunter Dash Driver
  • Stock Zwei Longinus, Red Sting Disk, Hunter Dash Driver
Tournament Stadiums:  At least 4 (Takara Tomy Burst BeyStadium B-09)
Age Bracket:  There are no age limitations in WBO Tournaments.
Unofficial Event:  We will have an small unsanctioned tournament for Bladers 13 & Under that competed in the First Stage and DID NOT make Top 8.  This tournament will start after the First Stage is over. (THERE WILL BE PRIZES  Grin )
Free Play:  We will have extra stadiums (Hasbro) so Free Play will be available but I cannot guarantee all stadiums are TT Burst BeyStadiums.
RULES: As we are a part of a bigger event, please follow all WBO Rules, TNS8 Rules and any applicable rules for the Hotel Venue.

Schedule:
  • Official Tournament Schedule: GOOGLE DOCS LINK
  • PLEASE SHOW UP EARLY FOR CHECK-IN.  Tournament starts at 1:00PM or as close to that time as possible.  I am aiming to have all of the first stage done by 6:00PM
  • Tournament (including Top 8) will last until at least 7:00PM or earlier, this is to give people that are playing other events some time, as well as the possibility to have one quick break before Top 8.
  • The unsanctioned tournament for Bladers that are 13 & Under AND competed in the main tournament will start after the First Stage is over.
  • This schedule is subject to change due to number of entrants and if we need to accommodate any entrants that may also be playing in other tournaments at TNS8.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Are we allowed to mix Hasbro and TT parts together?  Chocked_2

In the Facebook page it says "Jan 18 at 10:00 AM – Jan 19 at 10:00 PM ES"
but on here it says ournament starts at 1:00PM or as close to that time as possible. I am aiming to have all of the first stage done by 6:00PM.
so witch is it?
(Jan. 06, 2020  7:10 PM)Kaic Wrote: Are we allowed to mix Hasbro and TT parts together?  Chocked_2

In the Facebook page it says "Jan 18 at 10:00 AM – Jan 19 at 10:00 PM ES"
but on here it says ournament starts at 1:00PM or as close to that time as possible.  I am aiming to have all of the first stage done by 6:00PM.
so witch is it?

Hello Kaic,

For your 1st question: The answer is that you cannot mix Hasbro and TT parts.  In the Judge's Guide there is a portion that says the combos must be inspected for legality.

[Image: sH82vg4.png]

For your second question:  The answer would be the second one.  The tournament will start to as close to 1:00PM as possible and I am aiming to have the First Stage finish before or by 6:00PM.  That Facebook event is for the whole TNS8 event, not just our Beyblade tournament.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

As mentioned by Kaic, we have moved the official start time of the tournament to 1:00PM!  The tournament is still on Saturday, January 18th.  We will have about 5 hours to finish the First Stage, and the Top 8 of the tournament will start around 6:00PM will be streamed on Twitch. 

The unsanctioned secondary 13 and Under bracket will start around or after the Top 8 of the tournament.  This will be either single or double elimination depending on entrants and will have prizes!

Also, as we are around 1.5 weeks away, I will give a second to last warning to anyone that listed on the WBO Event Page that I have not yet tied to a smash.gg entry.

Anyone listed after this line, please know that the tournament has reached MAXIMUM CAPACITY at 48 and the cap was raised twice.  If you show up you CANNOT participate.  I cannot guarantee anything similar to a wait list.  If you still would like to attend, Free Play should be available but you will still be subject to a Spectator Pass Fee to enter the overarching event space.  Please let me know if I have your name listed in error.

Doggo 
Tarbogaming 
Brady0811 
TajThatBoy 
William Yazit
BenjaminGates 
the bey boy
FreeFrance 
Salty777 
sebastianflo6 
BladerRett2019 
Morphtronics 
Yeshrock05 
Rocco225 
Cas 
Stefsandlin 
Auntie Nay 
Nickbot53 
Jakeonation 
-Fireblaze-
(Jan. 01, 2020  9:19 PM)Kaic Wrote: if a bey bounces into the pit/slot and comes back out is that counted as a over finish or spin finish.

How will this be ruled at TNS8?
(Jan. 08, 2020  1:11 AM)NAP Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2020  9:19 PM)Kaic Wrote: if a bey bounces into the pit/slot and comes back out is that counted as a over finish or spin finish.

How will this be ruled at TNS8?

Currently still ruled as a KO/OverFinish.  If we experiment with the rules it will not be a RANKED Tournament anymore.

This rule has not changed officially.  The only thing that has changed is that all KOs are now 1pt in Final Stage Deck Format.

Knocked-Out

A Beyblade is knocked-out when it exits the play area. Beyblades stuck on an element of a stadium are still considered in-play.

Beyblades that bounce back into the stadium after exiting the play area are still considered knocked-out. However, if a Beyblade exits the play area and bounces back in before touching the opposing Beyblade in any fashion, the round will continue.
ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hello Everyone,

2 spots just opened up on the smash.gg page for TNSB @ TNS8.  Two players were refunded due to the fact that they will be part of the Smash Bros Ultimate Commentary Team.  They would interfere with the tournament if they stayed in, and both individuals preferred commentary despite their desire to play in a WBO Tournament.

If anyone is still on the fence on going, you can still enter!

Please keep in mind that entering now (since it is after January 3rd) will be $55 total, and the Spectator Pass for any one accompanying a blader will be $20.  Registration closes on January 10th, 2020.

Please PM me for any questions, as always.

Sincerely,
joyos

Tagging just in case:
Doggo
Tarbogaming
Brady0811
TajThatBoy
William Yazit
BenjaminGates
the bey boy
FreeFrance
Salty777
sebastianflo6
BladerRett2019
Morphtronics
Yeshrock05
Rocco225
Cas
Stefsandlin
Auntie Nay
Nickbot53
Jakeonation
-Fireblaze-
Crestin
savannahtay
Only 1 spot left! ???
Do you think I should use beyblade from the rise series and also are we allowing the electrical driver?
(Jan. 09, 2020  12:39 PM)Maknchess Wrote: Do you think I should use beyblade from the rise series and also are we allowing the electrical drivers
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the electric drivers banned? Also in my opinion from the types of beyblades used from what I have seen, I dont think that rise beyblade would be enough to be competitive compared to takara tomy. There are large weight differences and will end up getting knocked out easily. Again that's my opinion. But all up to you.. Just go for the fun of it what ever you decide to bring. It's all friendly competition
(Jan. 09, 2020  3:08 PM)Delizhero Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2020  12:39 PM)Maknchess Wrote: Do you think I should use beyblade from the rise series and also are we allowing the electrical drivers
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the electric drivers banned? Also in my opinion from the types of beyblades used from what I have seen, I dont think that rise beyblade would be enough to be competitive compared to takara tomy. There are large weight differences and will end up getting knocked out easily. Again that's my opinion. But all up to you.. Just go for the fun of it what ever you decide to bring. It's all friendly competition
You can read the Burst Standard rules to double-check, but let me make it simple for you:
Ignition' and Hybrid are permitted, on or off. They're banned in Burst Classic, which this tournament is not.
Hasbro Ripfire tips are still banned.

Bring Hasbro bets if you wish, they're valid for the format. But except for a few of them, they're mostly outclassed by their TT counterparts.
(Jan. 09, 2020  3:08 PM)Delizhero Wrote:

The electric drivers are not banned in WBO Burst Standard.  Shindog just used czSpriggan.Hy in a California Tournament.

Maknchess, please use what you like!  Hasbro Rise beys and the recent TT electrical drivers (Hy and Ig') are currently allowed.
TT on Hasbro will be illegal right
(Jan. 09, 2020  10:18 PM)Maknchess Wrote: TT on Hasbro will be illegal right

Yes, mixing Hasbro and TT Drivers and Layers are Illegal according to WBO Rules.

Additional Equipment Regulations

Brand Incompatibility: Hasbro Energy Layers cannot be used with Takara-Tomy Drivers, and Takara-Tomy Layers cannot be used with Hasbro Performance Tips. This applies to official battles in WBO events, and parts previously used in testing in a mixed brand combination. The slopes on Hasbro Energy Layers that have played with TAKARA-TOMY Drivers inevitably are damaged, increasing their burst resistance illegally.
I am hoping my beys will win all the good bladers
So I have alot of driver I was wondering how do I know which are TT and which are hasbro

Is this tournament start at 1 or 2
(Jan. 09, 2020  11:22 PM)Maknchess Wrote: So I have alot of driver I was wondering how do I know which are TT and which are hasbro

Is this tournament start at 1 or 2

There are details in the drivers themselves where you can tell. If not, judges check before matches anyway.

The tournament will be starting at 1:00PM
(Jan. 09, 2020  4:05 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2020  3:08 PM)Delizhero Wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the electric drivers banned? Also in my opinion from the types of beyblades used from what I have seen, I dont think that rise beyblade would be enough to be competitive compared to takara tomy. There are large weight differences and will end up getting knocked out easily. Again that's my opinion. But all up to you.. Just go for the fun of it what ever you decide to bring. It's all friendly competition
You can read the Burst Standard rules to double-check, but let me make it simple for you:
Ignition' and Hybrid are permitted, on or off. They're banned in Burst Classic, which this tournament is not.
Hasbro Ripfire tips are still banned.

Bring Hasbro bets if you wish, they're valid for the format. But except for a few of them, they're mostly outclassed by their TT counterparts.

Ah ok! Cool I'm still new to this that's why I asked to be corrected if I was wrong. Thank you. Also I think that most hasbro are outclassed as well by TT. Good luck to everyone
Hello,

Anyone on the fence, we have 1 or 2 spots remaining and the smash.gg registration ends today!  First come first serve.

To everyone that has already registered, see you there!

If anyone has any questions let me know here or by PM.

Thanks!
(Jan. 10, 2020  9:09 PM)joyos Wrote: Hello,

how many spots are left? This is my son’s account, haven’t actually paid the registration due to the time it could end. I have an event that I have to attend at 7pm myself. Just trying to figure everything out now. 

Anyone on the fence, we have 1 or 2 spots remaining and the smash.gg registration ends today!  First come first serve.

Thanks!
(Jan. 11, 2020  1:54 AM)TajThatBoy Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2020  9:09 PM)joyos Wrote: Hello,

how many spots are left? This is my son’s account, haven’t actually paid the registration due to the time it could end. I have an event that I have to attend at 7pm myself. Just trying to figure everything out now. 

Thanks!

Hello TajThatBoy,

There are currently two spots left on the smash.gg site.

https://smash.gg/tournament/tampa-never-sleeps-8/

I totally understand if you can't make it due to prior commitments.

Thank you!
Good morning, can you please confirm again what time does tournament start and what time we need to arrive ?

thanks.

chris
(Jan. 16, 2020  12:27 PM)Cscramon Wrote: Good morning, can you please confirm again what time does tournament start and what time we need to arrive ?

thanks.

chris

Hello Cscramon!

The event opens at 10AM and the tournament will start at 1PM.  We have a 5 hour block to complete the First Stage before Top 8 is streamed.

I will be at the event area and situated at least by 12PM so that I can get everyone checked in and have Free Play started.

I recommend all competitors arrive 30mins to 1hr before the start time.
the tournament is today im so excited
Sorry for the very late post but is it 1 or 2 the pages say different things for the start time
(Jan. 18, 2020  6:06 PM)Maknchess Wrote: Sorry for the very late post but is it 1 or 2 the pages say different things for the start time
It says 1:00 PM, so be there by then.