TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

Plus, that would mean they would have to keep producing older parts on top of all the new parts, otherwise new Bladers would be left out for a good portion of the game ...
Legacy support is just a pipe dream, and honestly adds more work than some have the time for. It'll complicate the Metagame to such an extent that we'll be forced to exclude them in studies as far as priorities go. In other words I agree with Kai-V...
Anyone else thinking of what Hasbro might rename this into?

I'd think personally it could stay Burst, but who knows, haha.
For all we know it could be called "Beyblade Crash" or "Beyblade Grenade", I'm kidding on the second one, so maybe "Beyblade Comet"?
Personally, I would think that the word "burst" would be associated with "bubble" more in the western worlds. If they changed Ray Unicorno to Ray Striker, they could indeed change the name to something more 'explosive', but in and of itself, "Beyblade Burst" is definitely a Hasbro style of brand name.
I think Beyblade Breaker Dash would be a decent Western alternative title.
(Jun. 04, 2015  9:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Personally, I would think that the word "burst" would be associated with "bubble" more in the western worlds. If they changed Ray Unicorno to Ray Striker, they could indeed change the name to something more 'explosive', but in and of itself, "Beyblade Burst" is definitely a Hasbro style of brand name.
That's what I was thinking. I get that the tops are bursting open, but the word "burst" itself wouldn't normally have the same effect on a Western kid as "crash" or "explosion." I would definitely expect a name chance for clarity and marketing purposes.
I think the one who owned valkyrie is a girl, wait so the main protagonist is a girl??? Well i guess we could give girls a chance.
(Jun. 05, 2015  12:02 PM)Bimurst147 Wrote: I think the one who owned valkyrie is a girl, wait so the main protagonist is a girl??? Well i guess we could give girls a chance.

There is no piece of information or picture at all yet that shows the characters of the Beyblade Burst manga and anime. You should really not try to look too hard in certain things. Once there is official information about the new manga, you will definitely find it posted on this site.
(Jun. 04, 2015  9:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Personally, I would think that the word "burst" would be associated with "bubble" more in the western worlds. If they changed Ray Unicorno to Ray Striker, they could indeed change the name to something more 'explosive', but in and of itself, "Beyblade Burst" is definitely a Hasbro style of brand name.
ray unicorno is not ray unicorno it's ray striker

what if the metal fight bladers will come again like yu,modoka,tsubasa,ginka,kenta,kyoya,benkie,chris,king,massamune,but then what if diablo nemisis comes back wooohohaha. who thinks this will happen
(Jun. 06, 2015  1:10 AM)Team Meteor Wrote:
ray unicorno is not ray unicorno it's ray striker

Err no, Ray Unicorno is it's original name...

As for Burst, they allowed B-Daman to have the word "Burst Core" in Thunder Bison so why not this?
Would not be surprised if the name Beyblade Burst sticks overseas. My feeling is that Hasbro is working together with Takara-Tomy on the branding. That logo looks ready to stick on a box in Walmart already.
the site name has already been reserved on internet has beybladeburst.com by Hasbro so we have a good chance they don't toss away the Burst terms.
(Jun. 06, 2015  5:16 PM)loyd87 Wrote: the site name has already been reserved on internet has beybladeburst.com by Hasbro so we have a good chance they don't toss away the Burst terms.

At the same time, that could also be so no one else decides to take that address in the future.
I wonder if there is gonna be random boosters, hmmmmmmm.......
(Jun. 07, 2015  3:23 AM)Bimusert64 Wrote: I wonder if there is gonna be random boosters, hmmmmmmm.......

There's a thread about an upcoming release of a random booster...
whats the name
(Jun. 09, 2015  12:45 AM)Team Meteor Wrote: whats the name

The name of what ?
(Jun. 06, 2015  3:33 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Would not be surprised if the name Beyblade Burst sticks overseas. My feeling is that Hasbro is working together with Takara-Tomy on the branding. That logo looks ready to stick on a box in Walmart already.

Hasbro:
We can't wait for XTS to come back. Wait, you don't want more XTS? You want normal Beyblades? Ah, here's some exploding BeyWheels!!!!
Probably they will rename it as Beyblade Epic Blast/Explosion/Demolition ?
Lol just a bunch of random names.
Beyblade Burst will be present at the upcoming World Hobby Fair Summer edition!

One month ahead of their official release date, TAKARA-TOMY will sell the following products from this new series:
  • B-00 Event Exclusive BeyStadium Standard Type (1,620 yen)
  • B-01 DX Starter Valkyrie Wing Accele (2,375 yen)
  • B-02 DX Starter Spriggan Spread Fusion (2,375 yen)
  • B-03 Starter Ragnaruk Heavy Survive (1,295 yen)
  • B-04 Starter Kerbeus Central Defense (1,295 yen)
  • B-09 Beyblade BeyStadium Standard Type (1,620 yen)

This list at least confirms names and prices.

Even if we will start seeing them from June 27th, chances are that these items will be grossly overpriced until they are officially released in mid-July, since they will only have been available in a limited quantity. Still, perhaps there will be a few courageous buyers among us, hah.

Also, finally the return of Beyblade in World Hobby Fairs, after almost three years!
Hm, whether to get Burst early... I hope the B-00 looks swaggy as heck, would love to waste money on it and be one of the few. Saying B-00 rather than B-09 would be cool.

Anyway, hopefully some courageous people can get their hands on Burst early for a early review of the system. I am somewhat tempted, but I might just wait for the Burst tournaments. Depends on the prices online.
(Jun. 12, 2015  2:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Beyblade Burst will be present at the upcoming World Hobby Fair Summer edition!

One month ahead of their official release date, TAKARA-TOMY will sell the following products from this new series:

Even if we will start seeing them from June 27th, chances are that these items will be grossly overpriced until they are officially released in mid-July, since they will only have been available in a limited quantity. Still, perhaps there will be a few courageous buyers among us, hah.

Also, finally the return of Beyblade in World Hobby Fairs, after almost three years!

I wouldn't say an extra $2 is grossly overpriced, considering we're getting them a month earlier than expected. While I personally will probably pass on Burst for now until the prices go down in mid-July, I don't think most people would find the price increase unreasonable.
(Jun. 12, 2015  4:40 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2015  2:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Beyblade Burst will be present at the upcoming World Hobby Fair Summer edition!

I wouldn't say an extra $2 is grossly overpriced, considering we're getting them a month earlier than expected. While I personally will probably pass on Burst for now until the prices go down in mid-July, I don't think most people would find the price increase unreasonable.

Eh, do you really think people on Yahoo! Japan Auctions will sell them for just two extra dollars ? Not at all. That is what I mean by grossly overpriced : they will only be available through auction channels, and those people will know that they are available only in limited quantity and there is no reason they would not abuse that.