TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

(Jun. 15, 2015  3:49 PM)Kai-V Wrote: snipped

Good thing to know that they scrapped those special names for attributes of beyblades, they sound as crappy as heck and are mad confusing.
Thanks for the news Kai-V!

Edit: So uh if they specified the spinning direction as if it was MFB, could this also mean that the Left-rotation stuff will be included as a special feature of specific beys like the L-drago does?
Yeah, for sure. Wonder what compelled them to do so though. Were Japanese Beyblade fans really upset about it? LOL
That special bey looks awesome! Wish I can get that bey, oh well. Still can't wait for Burst to come, but I wish it was coming sooner than 2017.

Edit: or is it?
If you can import from japan, you can start buying them this summer.
I really hope they don't glorify left spins too much, I mean it's not like being left spin is that good, if every beyblade was left spin with one right spin, no doubt that will be better in their view. The real reason I don't want this is because they'll make a character as boring as Ryugas battles which are overly predictable.

Thanks for finding this all Kai-V, hah I almost forgot to thank you!
(Jun. 15, 2015  8:35 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I really hope they don't glorify left spins too much, I mean it's not like being left spin is that good, if every beyblade was left spin with one right spin, no doubt that will be better in their view. The real reason I don't want this is because they'll make a character as boring as Ryugas battles which are overly predictable.

Why you gotta dis ryuga he was one of the coolest characters of that series tbh and without him there would be no real story in my opinion .........and also I think that if they are gonna make left spin bey they need to give it a real launcher that actually works
(Jun. 15, 2015  11:04 PM)Dark Kerbecs Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2015  8:35 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I really hope they don't glorify left spins too much, I mean it's not like being left spin is that good, if every beyblade was left spin with one right spin, no doubt that will be better in their view. The real reason I don't want this is because they'll make a character as boring as Ryugas battles which are overly predictable.

Why you gotta dis ryuga he was one of the coolest characters of that series tbh and without him there would be no real story in my opinion .........and also I think that if they are gonna make left spin bey they need to give it a real launcher that actually works

I'm just saying with Ryugas constant attitude and his constant wins make him pretty overrated, a left spin beyblade is fine of he's very strong but can be beaten sooner, sort of like Kai or even Sakyo, Ryuga is more boring as he is almost as repetitive as Ginga.
Guys, there hasn't been a left spin Beyblade even announced yet. Let's actually discuss Beyblade Burst!
(Jun. 15, 2015  11:11 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Guys, there hasn't been a left spin Beyblade even announced yet. Let's actually discuss Beyblade Burst!

Tru tru ......Well I hope there is a left spin bey bust so I can beat Jinbee lol jk
I'm just saying if there was.

I'm should be more accurate and say I'm all in for left spinners but hoping the character isn't sub par.

Anyway, I am looking forward to more releases, I want to see what Beyblades are worthy of being RB rare.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the gameplay of Beyblade Burst seems like it wouldn't be that appealing. Just because of the extremely short battles courtesy of the kind of imploding action.

This may be an advantage in a way, because attack would be a more prominant role in Beyblade, but in the video the battle was over in less than 5 seconds.

Only time will tell actually if the battles will last around that time, but 5 second battles aren't that exciting. Kind of reminds me of the Hasbro side productions. But the design of the Beyblades are excellent.
(Jun. 15, 2015  11:25 PM)Echizen Wrote: I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the gameplay of Beyblade Burst seems like it wouldn't be that appealing. Just because of the extremely short battles courtesy of the kind of imploding action.

This may be an advantage in a way, because attack would be a more prominant role in Beyblade, but in the video the battle was over in less than 5 seconds.

Only time will tell actually if the battles will last around that time, but 5 second battles aren't that exciting. Kind of reminds me of the Hasbro side productions. But the design of the Beyblades are excellent.

Searching for how many times I told people you could still win by outspin in Beyblade Burst :
http://worldbeyblade.org/search.php?acti...95b8d8ec76

Also, thank you Brad, TenshouTsubasa and J.I.N.B.E.E!. Today was quite the marathon hah.
(Jun. 15, 2015  11:11 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Guys, there hasn't been a left spin Beyblade even announced yet. Let's actually discuss Beyblade Burst!

Speaking of Left Spin; I have a feeling that there will be a similar change, like 4L to 5Layer.
That was when Dragoon S came out. Maybe we'll something similar,like detachable tips?
Hey,

Have you some idea by experience of what will happen when the burst beyblade will be out? I mean, will it be hard to import? In Europe especially?
Or perhaps the first ones will be import in USA/Canada, then will it be difficult from USA to Europe ?
Some sellers in France have some problems to import takara beyblade from japan nowadays.

According to your experience, what is, most of the time, the time gap between Manga - toyline - Anime?

About the Burst Mechanism, I watched 3 different battles, Walkyrie win easily and incredibly quickly each time. Perhaps it's only to promote the main beyblade, but something looks broken with that (but ok, I'm extremely excited about Burst release). As said just before, "Sleep out win" will still be possible, but burst/explode will be the main thing to deal with. So, the equilibrium of the metagame could be chaotic.
I hope this mechanism will seduce all the community, if they don't succeed to seduce serious players (due to the RANDOM aspect of the Burst mechanism), but only primary school children, It will be hard for the license to go back and launch a credible new generation.
I'm sorry for that, I haven't read all the post (I'm back in Beyblade since 4 years, I have a lot to learn these days), but someone have more information about what trigger the burst white button? chocs ? So It will be hard to trigger the explosion of a "Defense" beyblade, and the attacking beyblade could explode itself trying to attack the Defense beyblade ?

Thank you.
(Jun. 16, 2015  7:10 AM)Wismerhill Wrote: Hey,

Have you some idea by experience of what will happen when the burst beyblade will be out? I mean, will it be hard to import? In Europe especially?
Or perhaps the first ones will be import in USA/Canada, then will it be difficult from USA to Europe ?
Some sellers in France have some problems to import takara beyblade from japan nowadays.

According to your experience, what is, most of the time, the time gap between Manga - toyline - Anime?

About the Burst Mechanism, I watched 3 different battles, Walkyrie win easily and incredibly quickly each time. Perhaps it's only to promote the main beyblade, but something looks broken with that (but ok, I'm extremely excited about Burst release). As said just before, "Sleep out win" will still be possible, but burst/explode will be the main thing to deal with. So, the equilibrium of the metagame could be chaotic.
I hope this mechanism will seduce all the community, if they don't succeed to seduce serious players (due to the RANDOM aspect of the Burst mechanism), but only primary school children, It will be hard for the license to go back and launch a credible new generation.
I'm sorry for that, I haven't read all the post (I'm back in Beyblade since 4 years, I have a lot to learn these days), but someone have more information about what trigger the burst white button? chocs ? So It will be hard to trigger the explosion of a "Defense" beyblade, and the attacking beyblade could explode itself trying to attack the Defense beyblade ?

Thank you.

The official release date is 18 July 2015, but that is only in Japan and other countries will need to import them until they are released internationally. However, apparently there are a few "early releases" going around in limited supply for a marked-up price.

Burst will supposedly be released in the USA in 2017, most likely by Hasbro, and because Hasbro is an international company Europe and other regions should probably get them at about the same time.

Since no one here actually has a Burst Beyblade yet, we don't know for sure exactly how the mechanism works. A popular theory so far is that the Driver is spring-loaded and the white tabs on the side will cause the Beyblade to Burst if it suffers a hard enough hit, but the details are as of now unclear.
Much like Bionicle, it'll be interesting to see if any retailers in Japan break the street date.
The good news is, since I am in Hong Kong and a shop promised me that they will import the Burst Beyblade as long as they are released in July I probably can take more photos when they are released.
I'm wondering if Attack types will have a stronger tab to keep the parts together as to help with it not killing itself, by hitting the opponent.
(Jun. 17, 2015  9:41 AM)Neo Wrote: I'm wondering if Attack types will have a stronger tab to keep the parts together as to help with it not killing itself, by hitting the opponent.

Possibly, but judging from the promotional video from Youtube, where the Valkyrie explodes when the opponent explodes as well after a fairly strong collision, they might have just the same strength in order to equalize the randomness.
I'd think all tabs would be the same, honestly. The gimmick is to burst, so I'd assume there wouldn't be anything done to prevent that from happening most of the time, haha.
(Jun. 17, 2015  2:34 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I'd think all tabs would be the same, honestly. The gimmick is to burst, so I'd assume there wouldn't be anything done to prevent that from happening most of the time, haha.

So what's the point to have the triangle Attack-Def-Stam if it's the same?
On my point of view, this feature only add a highly big part of random. Too much I mean.
If the triggering white button have the same sensibility, it have the same amount of chance to be triggered on the 2 BB. Perhaps the wheel will more or less protect it.

And somebody have an idea if it will be hard to import from Japan to Europe just after the release?
(Jun. 17, 2015  5:24 PM)Wismerhill Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2015  2:34 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I'd think all tabs would be the same, honestly. The gimmick is to burst, so I'd assume there wouldn't be anything done to prevent that from happening most of the time, haha.

So what's the point to have the triangle Attack-Def-Stam if it's the same?

Well, the parts have different movements also. Attack has rapid movement. Defense has a solitary movement. Stamina has a solitary movement to a mild movement. This can also affect burst speeds.
Also, guys, the fundamental characteristic of Beyblades is that they are customizable, so they cannot categorise Disks or even Layers as being Attack, Stamina or Defense, and from what we know, bursting depends on the locking mechanism formed between the Disk and the Layer.
(Jun. 17, 2015  6:40 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Also, guys, the fundamental characteristic of Beyblades is that they are customizable, so they cannot categorise Disks or even Layers as being Attack, Stamina or Defense, and from what we know, bursting depends on the locking mechanism formed between the Disk and the Layer.

Eh, stats in the past showed that there was a clear type leaning among most parts.

I'm going to not comment further on Burst's mechanism until I get to play with it — or at least until someone in Japan dissects and explains the mechanism.
Well yes, but they did not create any physical characteristic that stopped supposedly "Attack" parts like Vulcan from being used in otherwise defensive combinations. Sure, there was no bursting involved then, but it does not make sense to me that they would start such a trend.