TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

It would make sense if it makes the game play better/more balanced.

They made Beyblades that explode on purpose so I'm not sure I would rely too much on historical precedent.
Hum, I just hope they don't try to go on a casual trend. Like keeping some strategy (not so much) but adding a lot of random, in order to avoid to have an overpower top tier.
I red something like that for Magic the Gathering. In some shop, to allow beginner to have more chance to win, players can throw a dice at the beginning of the turn to cancel an attack or things like that. I feel they want to do things like that with BB. The worst BB can beat the OVERPOWER MONSTER ONE because each chocs between the 2 BB have the same chance to trigger the burst.

I mean, if you have an Attack VS Stam. The Attack will hardly hit the Stam, so they should have added in the mechanism something that take into account that when the BB is attacking, it should not suppose to increase its own chance to explode, no? If no, it means that the aggressive style of Attack BB is like a self kill.

I know you guys prefer to wait to have more details before having this kind of discussion. It's just helping us to wait Smile
I think this new seriez will burst my mind but I am wondering why Hasbro has not advertised at all. Are they still going to make the beyblades or have they quit with beyblades.

I did watch Mr.Stu Carter's video with beyblade burst information and he said that the Hasbro associates said that they had no comment on beyblades in the future of Hasbro.
(Jun. 17, 2015  10:21 PM)AwesomeBlader21 Wrote: I think this new seriez will burst my mind but I am wondering why Hasbro has not advertised at all. Are they still going to make the beyblades or have they quit with beyblades.

I did watch Mr.Stu Carter's video with beyblade burst information and he said that the Hasbro associates said that they had no comment on beyblades in the future of Hasbro.

Toylines can almost never be distributed in Asia, where they are created, and worldwide at the same time. Both audiences are very different, so they cannot be distributed in the same way. For that reason, TAKARA-TOMY, as the creator, has to be given at least a year to get the lead in terms of releases because they have to release things one month at a time. It has never ever happened that Hasbro started releasing new Beyblade series from Japan less than one year or even one year and a half after they were first introduced in Japan.

So, do not worry, Hasbro will get involved, but not before 2017, probably.

ARGH, EVERYONE!!! The anime trailer for Beyblade Burst!!!

@[Kai-V], you should post this on the first page.
AMAZING ! Technology, futuristic, bey spirit !
Someone can translate the writings ?
Oh boy, this is truly a birthday present...

And oh boy it... isn't too bad actually, its visually okay for the characters, but the 3D is ergh, the characters voices are cool albeit a little predictable. Oh well that's a nitpick and it does look cool.
Uh, I was expecting a more feminine (or more adorable) design for the Valkyrie spirit like how they did to Virgo in MFB 2nd season and a female to use the Valkyrie. The new protagonist strongly reminds me the guy who used Unicorno.
That was actually really amazing, hah.

I always liked in the first gen how beys would get destroyed from the shear might of other Beyblades. That looks like the closest will get.
(Jun. 18, 2015  9:11 AM)TheSecondDeath Wrote: AMAZING ! Technology, futuristic, bey spirit !
Someone can translate the writings ?

I think the only important part of the text is that OLM Animation is working on this, and they are probably responsible for 3D works in all of the following movies :
http://www.olm.co.jp/en/olm/work/2015/
Plus, of course, the anime should start being broadcast in 2016.

The anime sure looks like it has a bright future. TAKARA-TOMY seemingly went all in.

I am actually surprised that there is even a few seconds of the anime ready at the moment; what came out in CoroCoro this month is barely a real chapter, so usually they have to wait for designs to settle in, the story to be really crafted for a while, etc.
Ok I just have to point this out, but this anime trailer contains what could be a major hint towards how burst works. At the end it shows how a burst beyblade is put together, and at the end it required a twisting motion, even showing the center part not moving with the rest of the top. This could hint towards how burst can be triggered by having an attack or multitude of attacks causing the top part to twist and cause burst. Under this system theoretically certain parts COULD affect how easily a beyblade bursts, and explain how they could have been rigged for the demos. That or I could be reading into this way too much. Will say though this is very different system to what I originally thought.

edit: oh hey the guys behind systemic dagger dragon's 3D model is behind this. No wonder the CG looks great and out of place at the same time.
The top battling looks awesome. The monsters look pretty bad.
(Jun. 18, 2015  4:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The top battling looks awesome. The monsters look pretty bad.

It really does haunt you on how they look similar to the bit-beasts from the old gen and bit-beasts are never that good.
(Jun. 18, 2015  1:32 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I am actually surprised that there is even a few seconds of the anime ready at the moment; what came out in CoroCoro this month is barely a real chapter, so usually they have to wait for designs to settle in, the story to be really crafted for a while, etc.

Wait, are you saying we actually got something other than the sneak peak? Can I get scans?
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what she's referring to
@[Kei] You can finally update the header Smile

Oh, I told him when there was a good picture with the stickers weeks ago, hah. If enough people ask though, perhaps it will happen ... !
(Jun. 19, 2015  12:59 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh, I told him when there was a good picture with the stickers weeks ago, hah. If enough people ask though, perhaps it will happen ... !

Hah, I guess it's time to tag everyone.
Muhaha I am going to also preorder dx valkary as well cause I already have kerberus preorder so I'll have defense and attack parts
I cannot remember where we had concluded the discussion about this, but it is confirmed that there is an NFC chip inside the Layer, and you even see precisely where thanks to this picture with the arrow :

The text says something about the Bey's data, so knowing that TAKARA-TOMY's BeyCloud marketing ideas include a web application with a list of all Beyblade parts, among other things, the NFC chip in the Beyblade might just be used to scan it and know more about it ?

Because otherwise, recording match results with the BeyLogger really works by touching both opponents' BeyLoggers together; there is nothing after the battle involving the Beyblade, it seems.
(Jun. 18, 2015  5:01 PM)♥。◕‿‿◕。♥ Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2015  4:48 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: The top battling looks awesome. The monsters look pretty bad.

It really does haunt you on how they look similar to the bit-beasts from the old gen and bit-beasts are never that good.

They look like Bakugan imo

There were some clear misses back then.
Voltaic Ape, ergh.
Nice work and HOLY HELL THAT IS CRUEL! Teasing me by showing fairly decent shots of the Beyblades doesn't make me want it less!
(Jun. 19, 2015  12:51 PM)TheSecondDeath Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPGwhqjikiI
A new video about beyblade burst. Assembly of Valkyrie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s19hU6EVvRo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjZKk4_Q7U

YYEEEAAAHHHH news news news !!! Smile

Great finds! It really does show off some close ups.
From the way they rotate, I'm presuming that Defense drivers are more resistant and have a more tighter click, Stamina types can probably be twisted in a little more and click more than once, and attack types as far as I can see only click once and it fits, at least Valkyrie did.

This is only speculation so I do apologise but this is an idea that works.