TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

(Apr. 16, 2015  1:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Do you guys remember that Sagittario 145S was also part of the first four Beyblades of Metal Fight Beyblade ? It has always remained one of the worst Beyblades ever for that generation. If Burst was really a concept that applied to all Beyblades, then I am not certain why everytime I see a video of those two Beyblades, it is always the same that explodes.

Tell that to @[Daegor42]. Tongue_out But you might be right about the Burst concept not being applied to all of the Beyblades. If that's the case though, I too do wonder why someone would choose to use one that has that "ability".

Another angle for that video:

Still don't understand the Burst concept fully, but the KO was pretty spectacular.
Hm, one video that makes me lie though, showing more than Valkyrie and Spriggan :
http://www.nikkei.com/video/872868187002...3087678002
Keep in mind that we're seeing prototypes here. They may have them so that one is meant to burst, and the other is not. This way they can show off the toys in a more predictable manner. It may also be that it takes less to burst this particular demo prototype so as to show off the effect quickly.
Wow! This thread has hit 129 posts (including mine) in one day.
I wonder if Hasbro will go through with the burst gimmick? Will they make a stupid arena?

I bet they would call it "Beyblade Blaster Masters".

And finally Spriggans kicks some bey butt! Oh yeah!
(Apr. 16, 2015  2:19 AM)Naijalak Wrote: Keep in mind that we're seeing prototypes here. They may have them so that one is meant to burst, and the other is not. This way they can show off the toys in a more predictable manner. It may also be that it takes less to burst this particular demo prototype so as to show off the effect quickly.

Exactly. This is what I have been trying to explain. There is nothing worse, from watching things like Dragon's Den, than to demonstrate a product and not have it work exactly to your desire. Obviously TAKARA-TOMY wanted to show plenty of burst for their press release.
I call Wing Valkyrie, nobody else can have it.
I knew something was up when I saw "212 new posts" on the front page, but I didn't expect this. I just figured there was some fight, haha.

I do agree that TAKARA-TOMY should have waited another year or so to flesh out the concept a bit more, but let's not dismiss the whole series yet based of what information we know. I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetics (the plastic shells would look so much better if they were solid/translucent colors and not just clear with the colors underneath) since I think it makes them look like those chunky electronic Beyblades. The three-part system limits customization which isn't cool, but hopefully this is just the Metal System/4 Layer System phase and it'll get better like everyone says. The Stadium looks pretty cool though, like a fusion of the BB-10 and BBG-03. I'll definitely buy the Ragnaruk Central Accele though, because it reminds me of Seaborg, and maybe some others.

Not really sure what to think of the Burst gimmick yet, like everyone says it seems like it will detract from the skill Beyblade requires and make it more luck based. My guess is that all Beyblades will have it, it just may be easier to activate for some than others. Maybe it'll be like Zero-G's sway gimmick, where some parts are specifically designed to Burst the opponent. (Brad will probably say I'm wrong about this lol)

I'm a bit curious to see where the Beylogger will go also, since Beypoints eventually died out in the MFB franchise. These new points look like they connect through your smartphone and have like a global internet ranking, so they may stick around a bit longer. I don't think it'll catch on as much here since the WBO has its own ranking system.

Still, I'm glad Beyblade's back so quickly. Hopefully we'll get a bunch of new members in the next year and a half.
Well maybe Hasbro will only release the next more advance series of these, kinda like they did by skipping the pre-HWS Beyblades.

Which could explain Hasbro's much later date.
However if some Beys just burst that easily then this is gonna suck. Are we even sure these areprototyes and not just really bad? honestly burzting beys just sounds like adisaster to me. I wod rather have had ragodestroy the world than deal with another beywheel crisis. Also 3 names really? I can barely remember2 for all in my collection
(Apr. 16, 2015  2:48 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Well maybe Hasbro will only release the next more advance series of these, kinda like they did by skipping the pre-HWS Beyblades.

So they already have the next wave planned..?

Chocked_2
(Apr. 16, 2015  2:56 AM)Hato Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2015  2:48 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Well maybe Hasbro will only release the next more advance series of these, kinda like they did by skipping the pre-HWS Beyblades.

So they already have the next wave planned..?

Chocked_2
No, but if they do, it could happen I guess.
I do wonder what sort of "battle data" the BeyLogger will record and what the rankings will represent. Is it basically just an online version of the BeyPointer? Will there be anything implemented to stop abuse of the system? Anybody who's been around here for a long time knows how well the ability to submit single BeyBattles outside of tournament play into the BeyPoint System went.

It also looks like there is intention for it to exist globally (unlike the BeyPointer), since there is a column for "country" on the far right of the example ranking image here:

(Apr. 15, 2015  2:29 PM)Kai-V Wrote: [Image: beybladeburst_beycrowdsystemranking.jpg]
My Hasbro rep said Hasbro has no current plans. They still hold the US license though.
(Apr. 16, 2015  2:59 AM)Kei Wrote: I do wonder what sort of "battle data" the BeyLogger will record and what the rankings will represent. Is it basically just an online version of the BeyPointer? Will there be anything implemented to stop abuse of the system? Anybody who's been around here for a long time knows how well the ability to submit single BeyBattles outside of tournament play into the BeyPoint System went.

It also looks like there is intention for it to exist globally (unlike the BeyPointer), since there is a column for "country" on the far right of the example ranking image here:

(Apr. 15, 2015  2:29 PM)Kai-V Wrote: [Image: beybladeburst_beycrowdsystemranking.jpg]

That's kinda the reason I don't like this beypoint logger stuff if it's all over, it'll be way over competitive and it just seems like a possibility of errors on results, plus if I don't join, I may feel like I'm missing out on something.
Reading back through the press release sheets, there's a couple of things worth mentioning. One is how the Burst mechanic apparently kicks in when the Bey suffers a large hit. As a result, the lock lifts and the Bey bursts.

Another is how the Burst mechanic has been introduced to entice a player to win by literally destroying their opponent. As the press release states, apparently boys would feel satisfied from destroying their opponent, and utterly mortified if their own Bey was destroyed. (Basically, let's bait some male emotional attachment to these toys)

Lastly, the use of NFC inside Beys is definitely mentioned. Apparently each piece of the Bey has an NFC chip on/in it which will be fully used in the future when they aim to release cases for the Beyblades. The NFC chip will store battle results on it and the data can apparently also be read as well. (I'm guessing that's for shop use then? Maybe a "Bring in a Beyblade with 100 synced NFC wins and we'll give you a special edition Beyblade!")

EDIT: Almost missed something; the press release mentions something about breaking the international barriers between players using the BeyCloud system, allowing players to all enjoy the same game together. I'm guessing that's why "country" is listed on that example they showed.
These battles quite literally end instantaniously. How defaq are we supposed to use stamina types in these conditions? I like how they increased the potential of attack types but they literally screwed every other type. And i know we all grew up playing hms ons the playground with our buddies, but how will the next generation of bladers possibly enjoy those monents,if their beys "burst" right away? If this is how battles will actually be then this may be the time i quit beyblade. I knew one day our bladers spirit would be put through the test of poor merchandise, like galaxy pegasus, but we will survive. We are the bladers that will carry the future of beyblade in our hands and save us from exploding beys. Dear god i need a life, im starting to sound ginga. But i will support this new make untill i am proven that it is worthy to pass to future bladers, or is demolished. THE TRIPLE BEEF BURGER
Apparently, Sunrise is voicing the dub, and if so, I won't be happy. The Cross Fight B-Daman dub they did was bland and generic, but the same cast voiced Battle B-Daman which is still a decent dub, but then... they dubbed Crossfire B-Daman which is one of the worst dubs of all time.

However, it could just be assumptions as they only own the dub, I think.
(Apr. 15, 2015  8:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Naming system is cool. Beylogger is cool. NFC-equipped Beyblades is really cool. But these are all "nice-to-haves" and none of them matter if the core gameplay is bad, as it appears to be.

This is actually really similar to what Sporkseller talked about a while back. Trying to mooch off of the success skylanders has had with NFC figurines. I think its safe to assume the NFC tie-in is for video game potential. Something along the lines of where continued use in the game makes the pieces of the blade more powerful in the game. On a side note, I actually had the idea for the in-game explosions a while back, only I came up with the name Shredder tops. I'm really excited about this as executed well this could drastically increase the excitement level of any given battle.
(Apr. 16, 2015  3:15 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Apparently, Sunrise is voicing the dub, and if so, I won't be happy. The Cross Fight B-Daman dub they did was bland and generic, but the same cast voiced Battle B-Daman which is still a decent dub, but then... they dubbed Crossfire B-Daman which is one of the worst dubs of all time.

From what I can see, Sunrights is indeed handling international dubs of the anime. It's a logical choice for d-rights to give dubbing to Sunrights, mostly because Sunrights is their own company/studio anyway, but it's a shocking change from having Nelvana handle it instead. Nonetheless, it does mean that we might see some higher profile voice actors instead of the usual pool.
(Apr. 16, 2015  3:36 AM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2015  3:15 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Apparently, Sunrise is voicing the dub, and if so, I won't be happy. The Cross Fight B-Daman dub they did was bland and generic, but the same cast voiced Battle B-Daman which is still a decent dub, but then... they dubbed Crossfire B-Daman which is one of the worst dubs of all time.

From what I can see, Sunrights is indeed handling international dubs of the anime. It's a logical choice for d-rights to give dubbing to Sunrights, mostly because Sunrights is their own company/studio anyway, but it's a shocking change from having Nelvana handle it instead. Nonetheless, it does mean that we might see some higher profile voice actors instead of the usual pool.

Yeah... and we will also get some silly renames too like they did with B-Daman Crossfire... unfortunetly. I'll miss having Nelvana.
(Apr. 16, 2015  3:36 AM)~Mana~ Wrote:

If they do a good and matching voice acting job, I'm cool with it, and from what I see from Crossfire B-Daman... Eh... Well I can't really judge yet, although they seem to never voice the second season for B-Daman.

Don't get me wrong, I'll acknowledge them as good voice actors but their performance for Crossfire has seemed less focus and sloppy, but that's only one anime dub.
(Apr. 16, 2015  3:46 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: If they do a good and matching voice acting job, I'm cool with it, and from what I see from Crossfire B-Daman... Eh... Well I can't really judge yet, although they seem to never voice the second season for B-Daman.

The second season did happen, but they really did mess up with it. They scrapped every voice actor from the first season and replaced them with others, including returning characters. It made things very confusing and, really, they should have just stuck with the original voices. Casting Johnny Yong Bosch as Kamon at the end of Crossfire then swapping him out with someone else straight away was a bad publicity move in my opinion. I personally believe it's down to budget cuts from the toyline reaching it's peak far too early and declining massively within half a year.

But nonetheless, I'm sure they'll get their act together for Beyblade Burst. They pretty much have to at this point if they want this franchise to work well, especially since Hasbro have already tried to make it continue with spin-offs.
Just to confirm (I finally found the image I had seen but not saved because I thought it was a given), but the BeyLogger will indeed pour data into the BeyCloud or whatever, and the ranking will be worldwide, or is meant to, at least :

[Image: Beybladeburst_worldwideranking.jpg]
The 'burst mechanism' is good IMO. At least i don't have to wait 3-6 mins to complete a boring stamina battle, at a tournament .
The bey-cloud system, if global, should be really cool .. again IMO