TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

Considering that these Beyloggers may only be released for some as Boosters don't have them, maybe you only do need one.
Wow! Really glad the hiatus wasn't that long, haha.

I'm not the biggest fan of this whole digital thing, though. It's gonna be pretty hard to get used to. And like DRAGON KING mentioned previously, these more or less look like knock-offs. But even so - definitely some great news for the Beyblade community! Amazing!

Sucks they couldn't be released before Anime North; could have been a nice side event format and eventually an official one!

EDIT: and lol ^

[Image: police.png]
I really wished it was less digital focused because I feel like it isn't needed, I do like that the series seems traditional again with a regular stadium.
Wow! All feelings about the series design itself aside, this is great news. Even though I think they should have waited another year or even two, there's no denying that this is going to be a benefit to this community in terms of activity and interest in the game.

My first impressions kind of mirror Brad's:
Bey Brad Wrote:Naming system is cool. Beylogger is cool. NFC-equipped Beyblades is really cool. But these are all "nice-to-haves" and none of them matter if the core gameplay is bad, as it appears to be.

I'll reserve more judgment for when we have more clarification and demonstration of battles, but the idea of a series based on the "bursting"/exploding of Beyblades does not seem like a great one in reality. Beyblades exploding has always been one of the most exciting events that can happen during a Beyblade battle–so I can get why it seems like a good idea to expand upon–but that was because it was so unexpected and rare; by making it the focal point of the series, that excitement will be dulled and it increases the luck factor of the game, which nobody wants.

But in any case, I'm going to give TAKARA-TOMY the benefit of the doubt for now and see how this all plays out ... I'm excited!
(Apr. 15, 2015  8:54 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This seems pretty self-explanatory. Also, check out the text in the bottom-left lol

eh, sort of. That text, lol. I wonder if that is going to somehow play into the anime/manga. I'm very curious on what the story is going to be now.

I must admit, I'm a little surprised you dropped in today to speculate on all of this with us. I guess you do still have room in your heart for a little spinning top.
Valentin tipped me off. But dude, I was ready to order the set until I saw the gimmick. I've been hoping a new series would launch so I could jump back in. Now I'll wait to try it out.
(Apr. 15, 2015  9:15 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Valentin tipped me off. But dude, I was ready to order the set until I saw the gimmick. I've been hoping a new series would launch so I could jump back in. Now I'll wait to try it out.

Yeah, that's definitely understandable. I'll probably use Rider Proxy to pick up the first few and then I'll probably do some videos and give my opinion. Just a heads up for anyone who wants to wait, but I'm sure others will most likely do the same.
I really would like to get some when they show up on Amazon, but hoping it won't be ridiculously expensive.

It'll be really interesting to see when or if Hasbro does it, if they alter the exploding gimmick (just as the MFB stadiums were changed)
I wasn't fond of Zero-G turning the core Beyblade design into something more gimmicky, but it at least had other virtues outside of its gimmicks to make up for it. This, however, is nothing more than one giant gimmick, and I'm not even interested in getting one for posterity's sake. The aesthetics are not much better. I don't care much for the sci-fi look on the Shooters, and the Beyblade themselves just look bad.

This is Beyblade by Micheal Bay. Sure, it can be fun one afternoon, but it doesn't belong in the mainline.

I think the creators missed the mark completely, and at some point I'm hoping they remember that before anything else, a spinning top is supposed to spin, not explode, not jump around because it was designed for some awkward terrain, but spin.
HOLY CARP.

I'm ready, this is making me interested in Beyblade again...

Also, that Beylogger is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life.

I can see it now... Hasbro will find a way to mess this up.
(Apr. 15, 2015  9:37 PM)LMAO Wrote: HOLY CARP.

I'm ready, this is making me interested in Beyblade again...

Also, that Beylogger is probably the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life.

I can see it now... Hasbro will find a way to mess this up.

Yes, I am very excited as well. Cannot WAIT for these. I haven't bought a Bey in a long time but I am definitely getting 1 or 2 of these. I don't care for the Beylogger and I doubt its a necessity to play, but still.. its awesome.
I'm out for two days, when I come back, I see this. I'm so excited, my heart is pounding. I click on the link, the images are loading, my heart stopped and... and all I see a huge disapointing mess. Takara Tomy, you failed this time.
Im actually really disappointed in TT.

I was so hyped and they bring me this...why...why TT....

Anyway,I guess im a little excited that they are re-inventing beyblade. Might get Spriggan if they release here

I hope there will be a show.
Spriggons red is gorgeous and the novelty makes me want it, the design seems rounded and awesome. This series seems to have mixed reviews, since even when MFB or Zero G was announced, people were excited for it, but this is a little different.
The design is seriously giving me nausea.
(Apr. 15, 2015  9:53 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: The design is seriously giving me nausea.
Ill share my Pepto-Bismol with you

The designs are so vibrant. they look like fake beys xD

still buying one doe
Oh my god! (good and bad) I'm pretty sure the burst gimmick will have some sort of speed assembly instead of taking time like MFB. Sort of like the assembly chamber from MFB. Designs could be better, but I guess it's a start!
I tought the same thing. Don't you think they look like one of this knock-off beyblade serie ? I will never buy anything from this new disappointing mess.
(Apr. 15, 2015  9:58 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: I tought the same thing. Don't you think they look like one of this knock-off beyblade serie ? I will never buy anything from this new disappointing mess.

It looks like one of those Chinese light up tops, as well as Infinity Nado, I'm sorry I can't get over that.

It looks like both a step up and a step back IMO, competitively though it's hard to make an innovation more powerful than Synchrome.
Thank you for all of the extra photos Kai-V.

I've said some of my thoughts in the other thread, but like others I'm not to keen on the explosion function. I'm actually thinking that they added this function in, because maybe too many Japanese players/kids were just using stamina types in tournaments and to prevent audiences form just watching stamina battles, there is now a chance that one of the Beyblades can explode in the match. More exciting for kids, not so great for older fans. I want to see exactly how that mechanism will work before I make a final judgement. I'm hoping there is a way to lock the parts together as an option, maybe later on in the series.

I'm really disappointed in the 3-piece tops and the lack of metal on metal contact. I was a big fan of metal on metal contact and track/bottoms from MFB. This new system does take us back to the plastic 4-layer system as others have said. I think that long time fans would have been hoping for more customization, not less. The one benefit is that they can now fit some crazy gimmicks into the Driver, but separating the tip shape from the height was a great system. Actually from the photos, it appears that the red and blue driver are the same height. There may actually be no/little height variation in this series.

I'm also not a big fan of the designs, but I didn't like MFB at first, but they did grow on me, so these might grow on me too. I'm starting to like the look of the Valkyrie one now actually.

Other observations/thoughts:
-It looks like the "Layer" part has the solid color layer and the clear layer screwed together. This probably just hold the NFC chip inside, but maybe there is more metal inside for weight.
-The red driver shown in the pics, looks like it has a smaller tip inside a hole flat tip. Maybe it can change modes?
-The stadium actually has straight up pockets like Hasbro stadiums. But you can also remove the top cover to remove the pockets and walls (probably not recommended).
-It appears the 'character emblem' isn't on a central piece, but it's just a design on the Layer part. What will the WBO do for new faces now?
-In plastics/MFB the wight disks were differentiated by having different weight distributions (Heavy, Balance, Wide), but these "Disks" don't look at that different from each other. I'm sure there will be some weight differences between them, but they don't look that different from each other (except Valkyrie which had weird wings on it). I wonder how often they will reuse the same "Disk" with new releases.
-Is Ragnaruk supposed to be Ragnarok? Like the event in Norse mythology?
-Striker type instead of attack type. Why. Sagittario_Worried
Or is this going to be like a Pre-HWS sort of thing, where it get's better after? (My opinion).

I hope so, I mean it's not bad, but the sample video ended so quickly, and the matches look like they would be 10 seconds long. Doesn't have to be a bad thing, tournaments would be done so quick!
It will definitely get better afterwards, especially since TAKARA-TOMY reacts to some extent to the audience's reception. As I mentioned also, Beyblade parts always get better with each release, so Bursts should be a lot less possible very soon, and we do not even know for certain how easy they are to produce ...

Thank you, -Vulcan-. It is incredible how much time and effort I spent on all of this, Beywiki and Facebook this morning, hah.
I can't be the only one who really likes the look of these, am I?

I'm very eager to see how these pan out. I like how we're down to 3 layers, and the exploding gimmick could be really cool if how you build your Bey really has to do with its strength/defense.

Only time will tell, but I'm going to snag as much as I can when they're released. Seriously hoping it'll get my kids excited about Beyblade again.
(Apr. 15, 2015  10:39 PM)Naijalak Wrote: I can't be the only one who really likes the look of these, am I?

I'm very eager to see how these pan out. I like how we're down to 3 layers, and the exploding gimmick could be really cool if how you build your Bey really has to do with its strength/defense.

Only time will tell, but I'm going to snag as much as I can when they're released. Seriously hoping it'll get my kids excited about Beyblade again.

What are you talking about? I like the look of these too! Ragnarok is my personal favourite.
(Apr. 15, 2015  9:58 PM)The Sponge Wrote: I'm pretty sure the burst gimmick will have some sort of speed assembly instead of taking time like MFB.
It seems like they'll just snap together easily, yeah. Could actually be a good thing considering some of the issues with faces stripping/breaking from improper assembly and heavy use in Metal Fight.

On the subject of the actual bey designs, they're pretty ballin' to me. Nice plastics homage. The simplicity of the designs as well as the detailing have a real futuristic feel to it. I don't mind the fact these are mostly gonna be plastic-on-plastic contact, though- wear on the parts might end up less drastic (like contact points on metal wheels dulling, etc.). With the weight disks, though, it also kinda looks like Valkyrie could have some sort of smash attack potential? I don't understand what these beys are using NFC chips for, though, and even what an NFC chip is, haha.

Regarding the whole "burst gimmick", I really have no problem with it if it works and is executed well. Takara's always been pretty innovative so let's hope they deliver on that note. I -guess- one could say it makes the game too luck-based, but depending on how the mechanic actually works I'm sure it will mostly be parts dependent for performing "bursts" (parts designed to target the buttons or whatever on the blade base, etc.). Probably mostly going to be an Attack-type thing. I really don't see why people are mad about it, though. We need to just see how it actually works- I'm assuming it's mainly just a parts-based thing and it'll simply be a new variable to the game like Zero G's Spin KOs.