TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

Boy I'm glad beyblade isn't discontinued n I'm so impressed by how well beyblade has evolved from time to time n I love the new beys Tongue_out_wink
(Apr. 16, 2015  1:25 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2015  12:52 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: It will get way too competitive and I feel this may distract players from doing their everyday things because it can be addicting to reach no.1. I honestly can't see this going well.
Eh...I don't really see where you're coming from with that argument. Making the game more addicting is exactly what they aim to do because they'll profit from sustained player interest. It's a smart move and most PvP video games already do it. I don't think kids are going to be sent off to rehab because their Beyblade battling addiction is upsetting their lifestyle haha

No, it's fine to be addicting but I can see it going into a wrong direction, like Leone19 said, people could be so competitive that they are prone to cheat, and if it gets too addicting, I can see some people going to great lengths, however, Takara Tomy must have a way of doing this.

I should have known that they went into a more video game style of winning, and I like the idea but I don't want to join the Beycloud.
I'm really interested in these new beys. Of course I'm very curious about how this Burst gimmick is going to be in battle. Cause I don't wanna chase my Layer and Disk around the house every 10 seconds...

What really worried me was the fact that, as far as I know, the top part, the Layer, is plastic (right?) so... These are the clashing parts, these are the parts that will battle for real. And it's plastic. Isn't that parts easier to break apart? And what about the NFC chips? We'll have some chips IN the beys? 'Cause this is a little problematic, isn't it? The parts will fly away every time, the chip can be broken easly, can't it? Well... Just some thoghts.

I'm very excited about these awesome news! XD
(Apr. 16, 2015  4:13 PM)BeyGa Wrote: I'm really interested in these new beys. Of course I'm very curious about how this Burst gimmick is going to be in battle. Cause I don't wanna chase my Layer and Disk around the house every 10 seconds...

What really worried me was the fact that, as far as I know, the top part, the Layer, is plastic (right?) so... These are the clashing parts, these are the parts that will battle for real. And it's plastic. Isn't that parts easier to break apart? And what about the NFC chips? We'll have some chips IN the beys? 'Cause this is a little problematic, isn't it? The parts will fly away every time, the chip can be broken easly, can't it? Well... Just some thoghts.

I'm very excited about these awesome news! XD

TAKARA-TOMY used a special plastic, clear polycarbonate (CPC), in Metal Fight Beyblade to indeed absorb shocks without breaking, and I have barely heard of a Clear Wheel breaking in all of Metal Fight Beyblade's years. I would not worry too much about breaks this time either.

I doubt an NFC chip can be broken easily. You will have some on credit cards or things like that sometimes, and you can definitely drop that as many times as you want without damaging anything important. Even on Amiibo, the plastic the figurines are made of seems more fragile than the chip beneath them, in my opinion.

All in all, you should not worry : I am certain TAKARA-TOMY covered all of those possibilities.
(Apr. 16, 2015  4:21 PM)Kai-V Wrote: TAKARA-TOMY used a special plastic, clear polycarbonate (CPC), in Metal Fight Beyblade to indeed absorb shocks without breaking, and I have barely heard of a Clear Wheel breaking in all of Metal Fight Beyblade's years. I would not worry too much about breaks this time either.

I doubt an NFC chip can be broken easily. You will have some on credit cards or things like that sometimes, and you can definitely drop that as many times as you want without damaging anything important. Even on Amiibo, the plastic the figurines are made of seems more fragile than the chip beneath them, in my opinion.

All in all, you should not worry : I am certain TAKARA-TOMY covered all of those possibilities.

Yeah, you're right.

I was woried about the spin speed, and the parts flying away, but yeah... TT is really good in what they do, so they probably thought about these possibilities. Grin

I was thinking about the absense of the face bolts as well... Din't you guys think that without a "face" the beys kinda lost thier personality? I know the art in these new gen are beautiful and someway "abstract"... But I miss the character in each bey. Uncertain
I think probably the thing I hate the most about this is the sound of the parts rattling around in the stadium. It viscerally reminds me of only bad experiences. lol
(Apr. 16, 2015  4:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think probably the thing I hate the most about this is the sound of the parts rattling around in the stadium. It viscerally reminds me of only bad experiences. lol

That reminds me of the good old days when i could break my opponents bey to pieces :p
(Apr. 16, 2015  4:27 PM)BeyGa Wrote: Snipped

I think the beys they were showing off were mostly stickerless, and as always the Beys look plain until you put those on.

That being said, Kai-V, I have broken any CWs on my Beys, they is actually the primary casualty of my parts, lol. But I think that since these new ones are more plastic on plastic contact, it should be fine. I mean, Lightning L-Drago survived against MFBs right?

What I'm wondering is if the plastic portion is a solid block of plastic, or if it is largely hollowed out from the inside, which would definitely be a bad thing. I could see the chip or part of it breaking off and loosely falling all over the inside of the Layer, and that would seriously disturb the heck out of me.
Let's hope the Metal doesn't fly out too much, but I think from the videos, even the looser ones don't do this so that's good, I would love to see a beyblade explode to knock an opponent out, of course I think it counts as a draw. Someone really wanted to mimic Pierce Hedgehog Huh?
(Apr. 16, 2015  4:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think probably the thing I hate the most about this is the sound of the parts rattling around in the stadium. It viscerally reminds me of only bad experiences. lol

LOL yesterday I was playing with some HMS I have here, because this new gen looks a lot like HMS, imo... My Draciel MS exploded in pieces just like these new beys. I saw the future of beyblade right in front of me, guys!

That's why I'm really happy about the new gen, but really sad about my Draciel at the same time. :\
(Apr. 16, 2015  4:51 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Let's hope the Metal doesn't fly out too much, but I think from the videos, even the looser ones don't do this so that's good, I would love to see a beyblade explode to knock an opponent out, of course I think it counts as a draw. Someone really wanted to mimic Pierce Hedgehog Huh?

I think if two experienced Bladers using tightly assembled Beys and actually launching with skill instead of for show battled, we'd see a very different(and far cooler) explosion as a result. I mean, even when these show ones burst they did didn't really fly off and stuff, but if that happened in a legit battle I think it would be way more thrilling.
(Apr. 16, 2015  1:32 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I still feel like this could have the same issues that the Beypointer did: cheating. Friends battling and intentionally losing or a person battling against himself for whatever reasons to gain points. I feel like the WBO rankings will still be the most fool-proof, haha.

My guess is that a beylogger will be linked to an account on the app and there will be some sort of implementation of a battler between two accounts per day limit.
(Apr. 16, 2015  5:03 PM)Time Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2015  1:32 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I still feel like this could have the same issues that the Beypointer did: cheating. Friends battling and intentionally losing or a person battling against himself for whatever reasons to gain points. I feel like the WBO rankings will still be the most fool-proof, haha.

My guess is that a beylogger will be linked to an account on the app and there will be some sort of implementation of a battler between two accounts per day limit.

Still, if something similar was in place, cheating the system will always be possible, haha. X Kid could buy 2 Loggers and use two smart devices with several accounts to win from battling himself.
What if some don't count their losses?
I'm excited that a new series is coming out, but I'm not too keen on the themes for this first wave.
Does anyone know what the Spriggan one is based off of? I think the other ones aren't to hard to figure out(I guess Valkyrie is a bird or something) but I have no idea what that is. I wish we could see how the bottoms of these Beys looked more, aside from the flat one on Valkyrie.
Beyblade is back, so cool ! But I have a question : is when the new series arrive in USA and France (Beywarrios Cyborg) ?
(Apr. 16, 2015  6:10 PM)Gingka7854 Wrote: Beyblade is back, so cool ! But I have a question : is when the new series arrive in USA and France (Beywarrios Cyborg) ?

This has nothing to do with Beywarriors Cyborg. This is a brand new line of Beys from Takara-Tomy in Japan. As for the US release, when have no idea when it will be moved to the U.S., but it isn't expected to be anytime soon.
The new season of Beyblade is with Gingka or all new character ?
(Apr. 16, 2015  6:35 PM)Gingka7854 Wrote: The new season of Beyblade is with Gingka or all new character ?

This is a brand new series, therefore Gingka isn't expected to show up but there will likely be a new protagonist of the show, who has yet to be seen.
(Apr. 16, 2015  6:45 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2015  6:35 PM)Gingka7854 Wrote: The new season of Beyblade is with Gingka or all new character ?

This is a brand new series, therefore Gingka isn't expected to show up but there will likely be a new protagonist of the show, who has yet to be seen.

Furthering this, the Beyblade Burst manga launches in the June edition of CoroCoro magazine, which ships on May 15 in Japan. We will likely see some art of some sort before then.

This! You get the same sound sometimes from MFB if you have a really loose face, but it drives me up the wall. It just sounds bad, like the thing is going to explode without even getting hit. It's too loose.

(Apr. 16, 2015  5:22 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2015  5:03 PM)Time Wrote:

Still, if something similar was in place, cheating the system will always be possible, haha. X Kid could buy 2 Loggers and use two smart devices with several accounts to win from battling himself.
I really can't see them implementing an "x battles per day" type system for a kids game. But continuing what @[Leone19] said, you don't even need two smart devices. If you've got a spare computer, or some extra space on your hard drive, you could just partition it and install Android. It only connects through a 35mm headphone jack.
Honestly the beys look pretty cool to me, same for the BeyLogger. Not sure if i'll be involved in the BeyCloud thingy, but im thinking about it. Can't wait to see what the manga and animes gonna be like. Smile

Ha, for me it's the opposite: it reminds me of good experiences at tournaments where Beyblades have "exploded". That's always one of the most exciting things that can happen, if crowd reaction to those sorts of things is any indication.

That said, it's not necessarily a good experience for the person it's happening to ... But maybe with the expectation being different for a series like Beyblade Burst, people won't feel that way because it is expected and encouraged to some (currently unknown) degree. "Bursting" your opponent's Beyblade becomes another more recognized, and achievable (beyond pure luck or because of poor assembly) way of winning a battle just like OSing or KOing is in this series. It adds a new dimension to the game. I think that's exciting, but the key is definitely how easy or hard it is to achieve the "Burst Finish". It can't be as easy as it seems in the videos we've seen so far or else it won't be satisfying.
I legitimately believe that all Beys will have a "burst mechanic". It's probably just that Spriggan's blade base is more sensitive or something. The other Bey that kept blowing up Spriggan -was- an Attack type, is it not? I don't see a point of having a line-wide gimmick if not all Beys can even do it.
This is exciting!

I am a bit disappointed, though, that the Beyblades only consist of 3 parts. From the looks of things, it doesn't seem like they would allow for much customization, especially since they all appear to be the same height.

On a side note, I'm not all that crazy about the exploding parts thing. I used to play a very similar game by Lego when I was younger, called Ninjago spinners, where the objective was to knock the opposing character off of a spinning top, and although my friends and I developed a style of gameplay that made things really competitive, playing in the traditional way made the winner of each round almost completely random. I'm hoping that isn't the case here.

Aside from that, it seems like part ware and manufacturing flaws could have a huge impact on this, like how well the parts hold together. If we're dealing with stuff that blows up, its likely that you could get two of the exact same Beyblade, and one would be blatantly superior to the other, simply due to the fact that its parts fit more tightly.

The visual designs do look incredible, though; they look remarkably similar to plastics (with the exception of their size).

Overall, kind of disappointed with the mechanisms of the game; I'll probably be sticking with MFB. However, I am very, very excited that we're seeing new releases and a new anime, which will likely give the hobby a massive popular boost.

And who knows, if the functions of the tops are well designed and the competitive aspect of the game remains intact, I might end up really liking it.

These will actually be the first Beyblade releases that happen since I joined the WBO, haha.

#BeybladeLives