Silver Springs, Maryland
2nd
Tournament Results
Martin Luther King jr Park
1120 Jackson Rd
1:00 PM on 06/27/2021
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Format: The format for this event is Burst Standard. Please read the Burst Standard rulebook prior to confirming your attendance to ensure that you or your child have the appropriate equipment to compete. Legal parts / launchers will not be lent out by event staff.

Host: CrisisCrusher07

LocationThis event will be held outdoors at Martin Luther King Jr. Park. Please note the address in the description as the park itself is quite large and typing the park name into Google Maps may lead you in the wrong direction. Look at the picture for guidance.
[Image: park-question.png]

Time: As the tournament will start promptly at 1:00pm, please plan to arrive around 12:00pm when registration will begin. Registration will close at 12:45pm. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue.

Prizes: Will be given to the 1st through 3rd top placed players after the finals have been completed.

COVID-19 Precautions READ THIS BEFORE CONFIRMING YOUR ATTENDANCE:
This event will cooperate with Montgomery County Reopening Guidelines, which do not require, but still suggest the following:

- Social distancing of 6 feet when possible
- Signs and markings indicating 6 feet gaps
- Face coverings for everyone over age 2 (Please note that players who do not bring their own face covering will be unable to compete)
- Guidance and training on the rules
- Disinfectants applied to common used surfaces

Please also be aware of the WBO COVID-19 Guidelines effective from last year.

In addition, we respectfully request that all parents and siblings of tournament participants remain away from the playing area and avoid close interactions with tournament equipment and individuals outside of their immediate family. Participants may bring no more than one guardian this event.

[Image: unnamed_1_2a03d87f-d496-4de7-b2a4-c42bf2...1610578282]

Tournament Prizes – Sponsored by

1st Place:
Will win 1 B-185 Vanish Fafnir as well as 1 B-180 Dynamite Belial!
2nd Place:
Will win 1 B-185 Vanish Fafnir as well as 1 CoroCoro limited edition Judgement Valkyrie!
3rd Place:
Will win 1 B-180 Dynamite Belial as well as 1 B-151 Wizard Buhamut!

Note: The winner will get to choose from these 3 prizes first, then second will choose out of the remaining 2 prizes, and third will get whatever is left.

Other Information:
Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin no later than 1:00 PM and is expected to run for about 3 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
@worldbeyblade
WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word! 
#BEYBLADE #MDBEYBLADE #WBO

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jun. 22, 2021  7:31 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Let's go spinny tops!! lol anyways good luck to everyone who entered also will this be streamed on Youtube?

I am sure someone will stream.  Maybe we can stream stadium 1 all day and edit it. Up to crisis and whomever wants to do the stream.
(Jun. 22, 2021  7:31 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Let's go spinny tops!! lol anyways good luck to everyone who entered also will this be streamed on Youtube?

I won’t stream, but I’ll probably record some matches and upload them to YouTube
(Jun. 22, 2021  7:28 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2021  7:01 PM)Xavier Bogard Wrote: We know you’ve said this I think 3 times

Five times. I counted.

Thank you

I Highly doubt that but I’ll record my matches and some other ppl and there will be some footage from Friedpasta and Froztz channels and a few others if they have channels on youtube
Like when you recorded my match against That one guy
Unfortunately I had to unregister from this event due to a last second plan made for this Sunday. Good luck everyone
That means Ryan has joined
I’ve been checking this everyday since I found out about it and now finally a spot has opened up! Good luck to everyone! Should be a fun first tournament.
(Jun. 22, 2021  10:30 PM)Xavier Bogard Wrote: Like when you recorded my match against That one guy

RedNinja/D&B
Yep I don’t remember names so we’ll except if I talk to them
Good luck to everyone today!
Good luck everyone!

If anyone uses Rage on Drift in their deck I will be very disappointed
(Jun. 27, 2021  2:16 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Good luck everyone!

Why? Would that really be a surprise? It's a good tip for smash attack, LAD, and stamina. It is slightly easier to use than Xtreme' or similar rubber attack tips, although self-KO is a real possibility. It is also apparently one of the top 5 combos, depending on who you ask.

Why would this be a disappointment?

I'm at the park grounds, and it looks like under the gazebo is a bit cramped today. There's a guy holding a guitar, and several other groups of people nearby. All the currently shady spots have been grabbed by family picnics. I'll try to find a level spot. There's an open field nearby, but totally unshaded. Hope you all brought hats!
Update: gazebo currently clear.
(Jun. 27, 2021  2:28 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2021  2:16 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Good luck everyone!

Why? Would that really be a surprise? It's a good tip for smash attack, LAD, and stamina. It is slightly easier to use than Xtreme' or similar rubber attack tips, although self-KO is a real possibility. It is also apparently one of the top 5 combos, depending on who you ask.

It’s a disappointment because of how safe it is. It’s one thing for first stage, but then you can have 3 options in deck, it’s just ehh
Aw man I was just in silver springs but had to come home hope you guys have fun
(Jun. 27, 2021  3:46 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2021  2:28 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Why? Would that really be a surprise? It's a good tip for smash attack, LAD, and stamina. It is slightly easier to use than Xtreme' or similar rubber attack tips, although self-KO is a real possibility. It is also apparently one of the top 5 combos, depending on who you ask.

It’s a disappointment because of how safe it is. It’s one thing for first stage, but then you can have 3 options in deck, it’s just ehh

It's hard to argue with what works. Still, you're limited to one Drift driver per deck. Perhaps it is better used on another layer.
(Jun. 27, 2021  3:54 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: Aw man I was just in silver springs but had to come home hope you guys have fun

If it's not far why don't you go?
(Jun. 27, 2021  4:01 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2021  3:54 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: Aw man I was just in silver springs but had to come home hope you guys have fun

If it's not far why don't you go?

Oh because I love 20 hours away I went there cause of family
Thanks for the battles guys, sry i didn't do well in the tournament, hopefully i can make it to another one sometime (depending on whether or not it's on a Sunday or not sadly 😞)
That was a fun tournament today!

I didn't judge, they had plenty of judges on 3 stadiums, but there was a ton of Vanish and Dynamite layers around. We're really seeing the DB stuff change the tournament meta very quickly.

I confused Low and High Mode. Turns out Dynamite Low Bearing against Fafnir High Zone'Z wins for Bearing. But it was AJL Blader who came in third place, so I shouldn't be surprised, he did excellent all tournament.

And World 2B on Drift is nooooot good against same spin stamina. Van Hoss got me fair and square, with Jet of all things!

At that point I started to get it in my head that the direction choices were having too much of an impact on the tournament meta, and I decided to take that gamble out of the equation by picking Rage on X'. I managed to eke out a win against a Dynamite combo.

I gambled on Dynamite Drift, hoping I could keep it from self-KOing. Turns out my launching strength problems kind of mitigate the Drift self-KO, and in Low it was low enough to destabilize and take out a Tempest (can't remember if it was actually a tempest).

In the final round I gambled on Rage X' again, and I self-KO'd twice. So, that's on me, hahaha.

Didn't make finals, but hey, that's life!

I unfortunately couldn't stick around the whole time until the end, I got there way early to help set up/claim the gazebo, and I was fairly fried after being there 6 hours.

What's cool is that it seems like at least 80% of the attendees had at least one viable combo from the current meta. The accessibility of TT gap is gradually going away, at least in Maryland, and there are a lot of really good bladers in the region. So, that's cool.

Someone left early. Hey bladers? If you're sad because you went 0-4, that's fine, but if you're going to leave, at least tell the organizer. Don't just bail without letting someone know. Just because you can't make it to the finals doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Every match is an opportunity for more practice and experience.

Someone arrived late. Unfortunately, once the Round 1 matches are underway, we can't redo the roster. Once a single round one match is complete, that's it, the tournament lineup is locked. Especially if you have previous WBO beyrank, because then if we tried to redo the roster it would mess with the seeding, and change around the opponents, and 4-6 round 1 matches had already been completed. I'm almost convinced I made a thread for this before: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-How-to-...ts-on-time

Anyway, good tournament! Uh, I think Dynamite and Fafnir combos are probably going to be seen A LOT in coming tournaments, they are surprisingly viable considering how early in DB they are.
(Jun. 28, 2021  12:20 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: That was a fun tournament today!

I didn't judge, they had plenty of judges on 3 stadiums, but there was a ton of Vanish and Dynamite layers around. We're really seeing the DB stuff change the tournament meta very quickly.

I confused Low and High Mode. Turns out Dynamite Low Bearing against Fafnir High Zone'Z wins for Bearing. But it was AJL Blader who came in third place, so I shouldn't be surprised, he did excellent all tournament.

And World 2B on Drift is nooooot good against same spin stamina. Van Hoss got me fair and square, with Jet of all things!

At that point I started to get it in my head that the direction choices were having too much of an impact on the tournament meta, and I decided to take that gamble out of the equation by picking Rage on X'. I managed to eke out a win against a Dynamite combo.

I gambled on Dynamite Drift, hoping I could keep it from self-KOing. Turns out my launching strength problems kind of mitigate the Drift self-KO, and in Low it was low enough to destabilize and take out a Tempest (can't remember if it was actually a tempest).

In the final round I gambled on Rage X' again, and I self-KO'd twice. So, that's on me, hahaha.

I unfortunately couldn't stick around the whole time until the end, I got there way early to help set up/claim the gazebo, and I was fairly fried after being there 6 hours.

What's cool is that it seems like at least 80% of the attendees had at least one viable combo from the current meta. The accessibility of TT gap is gradually going away, at least in Maryland, and there are a lot of really good bladers in the region. So, that's cool.

Someone left early. Hey bladers? If you're sad because you went 0-4, that's fine, but if you're going to leave, at least tell the organizer. Don't just bail without letting someone know. Just because you can't make it to the finals doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Every match is an opportunity for more practice and experience.

Someone arrived late. Unfortunately, once the Round 1 matches are underway, we can't redo the roster. Once a single round one match is complete, that's it, the tournament lineup is locked. Especially if you have previous WBO beyrank, because then if we tried to redo the roster it would mess with the seeding, and change around the opponents, and 4-6 round 1 matches had already been completed. I'm almost convinced I made a thread for this before: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-How-to-...ts-on-time

Anyway, good tournament! Uh, I think Dynamite and Fafnir combos are probably going to be seen A LOT in coming tournaments, they are surprisingly viable considering how early in DB they are.

DeceasedCrab, this should be in tournament reports LOL.
(Jun. 28, 2021  12:23 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2021  12:20 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: That was a fun tournament today!

DeceasedCrab, this should be in tournament reports LOL.
No, it’s fine if it’s in the thread.

Also why ping and quote?
(Jun. 28, 2021  12:29 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2021  12:23 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: DeceasedCrab, this should be in tournament reports LOL.
No, it’s fine if it’s in the thread.

Also why ping and quote?
I know, I was joking because it seemed a lot like a tournament report lol.

Why ping and quote? Because I'm human and made a mistake that I now realize...