Silver Springs, Maryland
2nd
Tournament Results
Martin Luther King jr Park
1120 Jackson Rd
1:00 PM on 06/27/2021
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Format: The format for this event is Burst Standard. Please read the Burst Standard rulebook prior to confirming your attendance to ensure that you or your child have the appropriate equipment to compete. Legal parts / launchers will not be lent out by event staff.

Host: CrisisCrusher07

LocationThis event will be held outdoors at Martin Luther King Jr. Park. Please note the address in the description as the park itself is quite large and typing the park name into Google Maps may lead you in the wrong direction. Look at the picture for guidance.
[Image: park-question.png]

Time: As the tournament will start promptly at 1:00pm, please plan to arrive around 12:00pm when registration will begin. Registration will close at 12:45pm. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue.

Prizes: Will be given to the 1st through 3rd top placed players after the finals have been completed.

COVID-19 Precautions READ THIS BEFORE CONFIRMING YOUR ATTENDANCE:
This event will cooperate with Montgomery County Reopening Guidelines, which do not require, but still suggest the following:

- Social distancing of 6 feet when possible
- Signs and markings indicating 6 feet gaps
- Face coverings for everyone over age 2 (Please note that players who do not bring their own face covering will be unable to compete)
- Guidance and training on the rules
- Disinfectants applied to common used surfaces

Please also be aware of the WBO COVID-19 Guidelines effective from last year.

In addition, we respectfully request that all parents and siblings of tournament participants remain away from the playing area and avoid close interactions with tournament equipment and individuals outside of their immediate family. Participants may bring no more than one guardian this event.

[Image: unnamed_1_2a03d87f-d496-4de7-b2a4-c42bf2...1610578282]

Tournament Prizes – Sponsored by

1st Place:
Will win 1 B-185 Vanish Fafnir as well as 1 B-180 Dynamite Belial!
2nd Place:
Will win 1 B-185 Vanish Fafnir as well as 1 CoroCoro limited edition Judgement Valkyrie!
3rd Place:
Will win 1 B-180 Dynamite Belial as well as 1 B-151 Wizard Buhamut!

Note: The winner will get to choose from these 3 prizes first, then second will choose out of the remaining 2 prizes, and third will get whatever is left.

Other Information:
Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin no later than 1:00 PM and is expected to run for about 3 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
@worldbeyblade
WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word! 
#BEYBLADE #MDBEYBLADE #WBO

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I think that Friedpasta will win tbh, he seems pretty good imo
(Jun. 08, 2021  2:12 PM)Friedpasta Wrote: I think that Friedpasta will win tbh, he seems pretty good imo

Yeah, too bad he’s never online enough to share his wisdom with everyone

Although CheetoBlader may do well, I don’t think he’ll win
Wish i was able to sign up in time, was really hoping to catch this one this time 😔😔😔
Well I can tell you that two new bladers are going to be there crisis' son and mine as well. So be sure to give them your all!
I got some hasbro combos with TT parts that I wanna try out!
(Jun. 12, 2021  9:01 PM)VanHoss Wrote: I got some hasbro combos with TT parts that I wanna try out!
You can only use TT discs on Haribo child, the layers and drivers are illegal
(Jun. 12, 2021  9:01 PM)VanHoss Wrote: I got some hasbro combos with TT parts that I wanna try out!

You're not supposed to mix Hasbro and TT parts together into a combo

Perhaps you already knew the rules on this, and meant having other-brand discs. But, we can't exactly take that chance, we have to check what you mean.

As has been said by others, you need to be careful about mixing TT and Hasbro parts.

Discs and frames are mostly brand agnostic. You can use TT discs with Hasbro frames, or Hasbro discs with TT frames, that's fine.
You can use TT layers and tips/drivers with Hasbro discs, or Hasbro layers and tips/drivers with TT discs.

But tips and layers, do not mix them between brands. That means no Hasbro layer on a TT driver, or a TT layer on a Hasbro driver.

Here is the current Burst Standard rules under Rules and Resources:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mbjw...sp=sharing
It's on page 6.
"Brand Incompatibility: Hasbro Energy Layers cannot be used with Takara-Tomy Drivers, and Takara-Tomy Layers cannot be used with Hasbro Performance Tips. This applies to official battles in WBO events, and parts previously used in testing in a mixed brand combination. The slopes on Hasbro Energy Layers that have played with Takara-Tomy Drivers inevitably are damaged, increasing their burst resistance illegally."

The driver tooth is slightly higher on the TT drivers, you see. Makes it harder for Hasbro layers to burst, but it can also damage and alter them to make them mostly unburstable. It is a form of cheating.

Your beys will be studied rather carefully at the tournament to make sure you aren't mixing layers and tips for brands, and the slopes on your Hasbro layers will be checked.

EDIT: Upon further reflection it does not appear that they are registered for the tournament. I hope they aren't intending to attend without being registered (it's currently full).
I wish i coulda joined this, but sadly i didn't get to find out bout it in time so by the time i had seen a notification bout the tourney, it was already full
Aw man! Just missed it! Hoping that someone won’t be able to come. If not, good luck everyone!
(Jun. 14, 2021  8:27 PM)SS2 Blader Wrote: Aw man! Just missed it! Hoping that someone won’t be able to come. If not, good luck everyone!

I mean you didn’t just miss it since it’s been full for about a week maybe a little under a week
This is my first tornament and i can come
(Jun. 16, 2021  2:11 PM)Shadow3211 Wrote: This is my first tornament and i can come

Yes you can and you’re already registered so you’re good
I'm still hoping to possibly join if a spot opens up before the 27th, especially since my Vanish Fafnir, original color Belial and my gold Spriggan Requiem is supposed to be here this friday, on the 18th
I’m just super stoked to play! This is gonna be a super fun tournament and I get to blade with some of the best. I’m all fired up!
(Jun. 17, 2021  5:50 PM)Kirito1696 Wrote: I’m just super stoked to play! This is gonna be a super fun tournament and I get to blade with some of the best. I’m all fired up!

same, i think this tournament will be pog
Well, good luck to everyone who's going, sry wasn't able to join again, would've been dope to have used my new beys (Vanish, original belial and gold Requiem) at the tourney possibly
(Jun. 17, 2021  5:50 PM)Kirito1696 Wrote: I’m just super stoked to play! This is gonna be a super fun tournament and I get to blade with some of the best. I’m all fired up!

I mean usually TSO comes but they have a friend coming that day so yeah RIP
If i didn't register csn i still come and register
(Jun. 22, 2021  4:29 AM)Kendell10 Wrote: If i didn't register csn i still come and register

You shouldn't, it's full. We don't have waitlists at the moment, we used to, in the non-pandemic times. Current WBO policy (don't think it's changed yet) is no waitlists. Although Maryland cut out the outdoor event attendee limit, WBO still has a "One accompanying person per blader max" and "Only people registered before the tournament can attend" rules.

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Coronav...ournaments

Here they are.
6. Do Not Bring More Than 1 Person With You
9. Only Bladers Registered Before the Tournament Day may Participate

If the Staff wants to change those rules before the tournament, they can. But it'd be a Staff decision.
I'm kinda hoping i get lucky this Sunday, would really like to try and go since it's been a long while since i could join a Tourney, hoping i get lucky on any possibilities of an open spot that comes up
(Jun. 22, 2021  10:45 AM)RYANTHEDRAGON98 Wrote: I'm kinda hoping i get lucky this Sunday, would really like to try and go since it's been a long while since i could join a Tourney, hoping i get lucky on any possibilities of an open spot that comes up

We know you’ve said this I think 3 times now it’s kinda annoying sorry but it’s true
(Jun. 22, 2021  7:01 PM)Xavier Bogard Wrote: We know you’ve said this I think 3 times

Five times. I counted.
Let's go spinny tops!! lol anyways good luck to everyone who entered also will this be streamed on Youtube?