String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher

Poll: Only vote if you have experience with both

String
36.36%
Long Winder
63.64%
Total: 100% 110 vote(s)
(Feb. 12, 2017  4:18 AM)Bastillon Wrote: Wondering which angle you're launching it at.
Also wondering what you're testing it against...

Alot of Defence, Stamina, Attack types and like 30 Spryzen Combinations
(Feb. 12, 2017  4:35 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: Alot of Defence, Stamina, Attack types and like 30 Spryzen Combinations

I think most layers are really prone to bursting, and the Spryzen/Spriggan series fall into the exact same category, which means the 90% burst rate means almost absolutely nothing. That's like calling yourself a karate master because you punched through a sheet of paper.
Also, do you mean "control" as in moving in a flower pattern or constantly staying in the tornado ridge? The only way I can create a flower pattern with Impact would be with a short winder, since anything with a larger launch power would make it go berserk. The driver corrects its trajectory automatically,  so forgive me for being very skeptical about your claims.
I write with my left-hand and pull the Ripcord/String with my right-hand. I've tried launching with my left but it's not as powerful. Is this what's recommended for launching?
(Feb. 16, 2017  2:33 AM)Beybladerocx2 Wrote: I write with my left-hand and pull the Ripcord/String with my right-hand. I've tried launching with my left but it's not as powerful. Is this what's recommended for launching?

It just takes a lot of practice. Personally I launch with my left arm even if I am globally right-handed, and my launch is more powerful with that arm than if I used my right one.
(Feb. 16, 2017  3:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It just takes a lot of practice. Personally I launch with my left arm even if I am globally right-handed, and my launch is more powerful with that arm than if I used my right one.

I hold the grip with my left hand and pull the rip cord with my right. I cant imagine doing it any other way aha
Equipment
Beylogger+Sword Launcher
Beylogger+Launcher Grip + Orange LL+LW+Purple BL+Red SL+ BL Speed Ver

Combo used: Deathscyther Spread Gyro

Beylauncher Speed Ver

• 1:46
• 1:50
• 1:54
• 1:51
• 1:44
• 1:50
• 1:47
• 1:46

Average 1:47.6

Sword Launcher

Average 1:49.7

Light Launcher Long Winder

• 1:53
• 1:52
Average 1:52

Beylauncher

1:42
1:39
1:40
1:43
1:38
1:43
1:40
1:44
1:44
1:38

Average 141.1

Observations
As can be seen i managed to hit the 1:50 mark with three of the four launchers however i was only able to average it consistently with the long winder i honestly think it is a matter of preference between the speed launcher, long winder and sword launcher
I don't know if this is just my strength or if I'm just a terrible launcher, but I've managed to break one string launcher from the string and spring snapping (spring broke multiple times after multiple repairs) after 3 months, and my left string launcher string is starting to rip and after 1 week of using a new string launcher the plastic part on the inside of the launcher (the part that actually holds the bey and spins) completely wore down and the string is severely ripping in two places. After 4 months, two ripcord launchers I had broke (the ripcords snapped) and I set my highest speed score of 1500 on one of them. Although the launchers skipped a lot nearing their demises, the part inside of the actual part that holds the beys were in basically mint condition (for anyone with broke string launchers due to skipping, I have transferred these little parts to my string launchers previously, and the launcher works like new, so you might want to try it Wink ). I've also got a long winder launcher that I've been using for two months and it has been absolutely fine. I also had a sword launcher, and that broke from the teeth on the winder after a few weeks, so that didn't work out too well either. Due to the resistance of the launcher, the teeth couldn't take the pressure and it was hard to control in the first place.

To actually describe what I'm talking about, basically the string launcher and sword launchers aren't very durable. Even if you're faster with one of those two launchers, it's best to stick with a light launcher and ripcord Smile

I hope this helps anyone with launcher issues or for anyone looking to buy and new launcher based on recommendations Smile
I now find the Sword Launcher to be too prone to damaging, so I switched to using my Heavy String Launcher, which I enjoy greatly over my busted Sword Launcher.
After having tested sword, long winder & beylauncher, I feel that the long winder & light launcher works best for me, I'm able to engage my core muscles & my back through rotation while in a lunge position and it feels really comfortable and powerful, the sword launcher is positioned slightly awkward for a rotation but still does good, for me the beylauncher is really awkward to use as the motion is really awkward and the strings sort of limit my strength, I've broken a few MFB beylaunchers because I pull too hard (the small metal ring thing at the front cracks)
Tbh, even though I haven't used a Long Winder because I don't own one yet, I voted for the Long Winder because Winders/Ripcords are more powerful than String Launchers. (Except for the Proto Launchers in the God Series. Don't talk about those. XD)
(May. 28, 2017  4:02 PM)Beybladerocx2 Wrote: Tbh, even though I haven't used a Long Winder because I don't own one yet, I voted for the Long Winder because Winders/Ripcords are more powerful than String Launchers. (Except for the Proto Launchers in the God Series. Don't talk about those. XD)

lol. I keep ending up throwing those things because my ripcord pulling hand is too strong xD
(May. 28, 2017  4:02 PM)Beybladerocx2 Wrote: Tbh, even though I haven't used a Long Winder because I don't own one yet, I voted for the Long Winder because Winders/Ripcords are more powerful than String Launchers. (Except for the Proto Launchers in the God Series. Don't talk about those. XD)

You can get the same power with more control from a bey launcher. It just takes practice.

Um the regular winder isn't stronger then the String launcher
(May. 29, 2017  1:20 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:

Um the regular winder isn't stronger then the String launcher

The stronger you are, the more power you can proportionally get out of a winder than a string launcher. Think of it as 2x more speed for string launchers and 2.2x more speed for ripcord launchers. If your launches are weak, than you would be stronger with a string launcher because you can pull with less force and be faster, but there is a limit on the speed gain with string launchers, whereas you can put a lot more force into ripcord launchers and you can speed up how quickly you pull it by more. It's a little weird to explain but I hope that made some sense at least.
(May. 30, 2017  10:51 PM)KingVictory Wrote:
(May. 29, 2017  1:20 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Um the regular winder isn't stronger then the String launcher

The stronger you are, the more power you can proportionally get out of a winder than a string launcher. Think of it as 2x more speed for string launchers and 2.2x more speed for ripcord launchers. If your launches are weak, than you would be stronger with a string launcher because you can pull with less force and be faster, but there is a limit on the speed gain with string launchers, whereas you can put a lot more force into ripcord launchers and you can speed up how quickly you pull it by more. It's a little weird to explain but I hope that made some sense at least.

Plus, the Winder allows you to go through the full movement of pulling where as the String Launcher stops your arm suddenly and, if you're pulling exceptionally hard, you can break it.
(May. 30, 2017  10:51 PM)KingVictory Wrote:
(May. 29, 2017  1:20 AM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Um the regular winder isn't stronger then the String launcher

Tbh, I can't really 100% agree with this. It also depends on size-to-teeth ratio of gears inside and length/number of teeth you have on your winder or thing spinning gear that spinning prongs. But I can agree LL require more strength to use vs String Launcher but I'm pretty sure if you pull winder at fast speed and smoothly (not sure how to explain) you can reduce strenth needed to spin at same speed. With string launcher, instead of spinning gear which is attached to prongs directly (aka directly moving prongs using winder), string spins a gear box which spins another gear which prongs are on, it acts like pulley and reduce strenth needed, but it also makes it hard to get feel of beyblade's mass and make blader confuse a bit how much strenth to apply. Not pulling string all the way also make prongs spin back due to sping and results in power loss of bey. But in practice, you can get used to it and get alot more out of string launcher

Edit:- @[Beybladerocx2] you can hold hande of string lose and let it slip off when pulled all the way to get full movement of hand;).
Has anyone tried launching their HMS beyblades with all 3 : Light Launcher LongWinder , BeyLauncher and Sword Launcher? Was there a clear outcome of which performed best, I was wondering if the results in some posts are only for Burst beys,,, oh and i have another question, are string launchers of the metal fight series less powerful than beylaunchers of Burst in general? Smile
(Aug. 04, 2017  1:04 PM)Test is Revolut Wrote: Has anyone tried launching their HMS beyblades with all 3 : Light Launcher LongWinder , BeyLauncher and Sword Launcher? Was there a clear outcome of which performed best, I was wondering if the results in some posts are only for Burst beys,,, oh and i have another question, are string launchers of the metal fight series less powerful than beylaunchers of Burst in general? Smile

Well, the string launchers are only more powerful because the beys are heavy in MFB. HMS beys can't be launched on Burst launchers, btw.
(Aug. 04, 2017  4:04 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2017  1:04 PM)Test is Revolut Wrote: Has anyone tried launching their HMS beyblades with all 3 : Light Launcher LongWinder , BeyLauncher and Sword Launcher? Was there a clear outcome of which performed best,  I was wondering if the results in some posts are only for Burst beys,,, oh and i have another question, are string launchers of the metal fight series less powerful than beylaunchers of Burst in general? Smile

Well, the string launchers are only more powerful because the beys are heavy in MFB. HMS beys can't be launched on Burst launchers, btw.

Oh, is that so :Unhappy, i thought they could be modded by inserting the prongs of HMS Launchers into Burst launchers like how they did with Metal Fight launchers?
(Aug. 04, 2017  4:39 PM)Test is Revolut Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2017  4:04 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Well, the string launchers are only more powerful because the beys are heavy in MFB. HMS beys can't be launched on Burst launchers, btw.

Oh, is that so :Unhappy, i thought they could be modded by inserting the prongs of HMS Launchers into Burst launchers like how they did with Metal Fight launchers?

Well, no one has really tried it yet, but I meant it is not legal in tournaments to use those mods.
Thanks for the reply! I dont enter tourneys or stuff, just play for the fun of it! Grin

Hopefully someone can try replacing HMS prongs in Burst launchers! Badly want to know!!!! and if HMS are stronger on those launchers!
I am going to get the duel threat launcher. Is it good?
(Mar. 15, 2018  4:18 AM)Luinor king Wrote: I am going to get the duel threat launcher. Is it good?

It can jam at times and has a chance to break, but it's not too bad honestly. But I think Hasbro's Sword Launcher is a thing to look out for later this year. According to Zankye, it launches smoother than TT's Digital Sword Launcher, so I'm excited.
(Mar. 15, 2018  4:34 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2018  4:18 AM)Luinor king Wrote: I am going to get the duel threat launcher. Is it good?

It can jam at times and has a chance to break, but it's not too bad honestly. But I think Hasbro's Sword Launcher is a thing to look out for later this year. According to Zankye, it launches smoother than TT's Digital Sword Launcher, so I'm excited.
Okay. Thanks!
(Mar. 15, 2018  4:34 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2018  4:18 AM)Luinor king Wrote: I am going to get the duel threat launcher. Is it good?

“smoother” usually means less resistance
less resistance means less power