World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Burst Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Burst-Customizations)
+---- Thread: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher (/Thread-String-Launcher-or-Long-Winder-or-Sword-Launcher)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - TimeOut - Mar. 11, 2016

At the last tournament I attended, @[Wombat] mentioned that while inconsistent, some people had actually experienced stronger launches with the long winder and regular launcher over the string launcher. I unfortunately do not have access to a device to actually measure this, but I figured it was worth creating a thread to open discussion on the subject.

Current Understanding:
A Long winder and launcher offer higher max rpm, but is more difficult to execute and substantially less consistent than with a string launcher.

Graphic Explanation:
[Image: box%20and%20whisker_zpsc0dai1cs.jpg]

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder - MissingNo. - Mar. 11, 2016

It might be only about the blader's strength, but from my personal experience, even with a short winder, the Light Launcher is definitely a lot more powerful than the BeyLauncher.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder - Kai-V - Mar. 11, 2016

I think there is no way the Light Launcher is anywhere near as strong as the BeyLauncher. Coincidentally, I edited an article on Beyblade Wikia this week on a similar subject: it is not by pure generosity that TAKARA-TOMY gave away or at least lent red BeyLaunchers LR to all Bladers in the Beyblade World Championship 2012 - it was clearly to even out the fields, because Hasbro had completely failed to make this strongest launcher widely available in all countries. They did not want to see Asian Bladers get a huge advantage.

As for the Long Winder though, I cannot just put it past consideration, but yo, we have BeyLoggers now, so just plug one to each, try to create two accounts or make sure you know what each BeyLogger gives as highest shoot power on the BeyCloud application, and just compare. No need for super special equipment.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder - Mitsu - Mar. 11, 2016

After primarily using a Long Winder since Beyblade Shogatsu, I could definitely say it is comparable to the BeyLauncher. While yes, it is far more inconsistent and also makes banking harder, it also lasts far longer than a BeyLauncher. I know 1234beyblade and myself have gone through countless amounts of BeyLaunchers since the release of Burst but at the same time, have also experienced similar success using a Long Winder.

Both work almost equally as well. One is more reliable, but the other is less prone to breakage and works almost as well at the other. In this case, I feel the factor of how long something lasts overpowers how something preforms.

One thing that makes complete sense and what I'd like to start doing — saying this as someone who both plays competitively and does testings outside of tournaments — is using the Long Winder for at-home-use and the BeyLauncher for tournaments.

If one has to be chosen, it's definitely the Long Winder.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder - Kei - Mar. 11, 2016

Personally, I can't say definitively that the Long Winder + Light Launcher is stronger than the BeyLauncher, but I would probably agree that it does have a greater maximum RPM potential with the Long Winder. The BeyLauncher offers a more consistent launch power and perhaps most importantly, a better ability to control your launch through techniques like banking. Each launcher has benefits and drawbacks that players have to weigh depending on the situation and which type of Beyblade they are using. For example, I wouldn't want to try using an Attack type with anything but a BeyLauncher because with the barrier in place for Beyblade Burst stadiums, it is impossible to get the same angle you would have in previous generations with a winder-based Launcher.

I think the Long Winder was one of the best things they could have introduced for this series because it is what has caused this whole debate, giving us more legitimate options to consider when deciding what type of launcher to use. During the MFB generation, skilled players used the BeyLauncher and nothing but.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder - Wombat - Mar. 11, 2016

In my one Burst Tournament I used the Long Winder against Deathscyther Spread Accel and Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme, and while I was unable to aim my launch so my Odin Heavy Blow collided with their Beyblades head-on, I was able to outspeed both of them and run them down. Though I could have won those matches with the Beylauncher, the Long Winder made it so I didn't have to predict and react to how my opponents launched. In my next match against Kerbeus Spread Survive I used the Long Winder again with OHB but self-KOed 3 times... so I switched to the Beylauncher for the tiebreaker. That ended up proving to be my undoing as I was unable to outspin Odin Heavy Defense with Deathscyther Spread Accel, a matchup I probably would have won had I used the Long Winder (if I didn't self-KO again that is).

I have to say I prefer the Long Winder for more raw power and the String Launcher for more control. I timed a few solo spins comparing the two using OHD a few months ago and the Long Winder spun a good 10-ish seconds longer on average. However, with a full power launch using the Long Winder it's nearly impossible to Sliding Shoot or aim for a certain side of the Tornado Ridge, so the String Launcher is much better for that in my opinion.

Even though it's "physically impossible" for the Light Launcher to be more powerful than the String Launcher (In which case I must not be using the String Launcher correctly) or for DSA to outspin OHD, I do think the weight of the Beyblades has something to do with the launch power. For HMS and Plastics, which are approximately the same weight as a Burst Beyblade (HMS is a little heavier, Plastics is a little lighter), the Light Launchers were significantly more powerful than the String Launchers (or in the case of Plastics, String Launcher mods). The significantly heavier MFB seem to prefer the String Launcher in almost all cases however. Don't quite know the physics behind this but I know Neo agrees with me, and th!nk said something similar way back 3/4 years ago when I posted a Plastics String Launcher mod.

Ever since the release of Deathscyther TT has modified the Light Launcher so it no longer skips, which also fixes the inconsistency problem people have had with previous Light Launchers. The translucent blue launcher from the B-22 has never skipped for me even after many uses.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder - FIREFIRE CPB - Mar. 11, 2016

i personally use Long Winder + Light Launcher as i can launch better with it. it's strange but even in MFB, ND Winder + Light Launcher give me far more RPM then Beylauncher

talking about others. i think Long Winder and Beylauncher are perfectly equal. just depends what blader is used too [a new kind of launcher or good old 17 year old kind of launcher]

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder - ashton pinto - Mar. 11, 2016

Lol I thought this was settled ages ago.
Back in the days I loved ripcord launchers but after I was introduced to the bey launcher ... I simply donated ( yeah they were so useless ) or started selling off my ripcord launchers

I = Personal opinion/experience just like other's stated in this thread

Edit: But I like it when other Bladers use Ripcord launchers at events. The battle gets more easy

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder - FIREFIRE CPB - Mar. 11, 2016

(Mar. 11, 2016  12:24 PM)ashton pinto Wrote: Lol I thought this was settled ages ago.
Back in the days I loved ripcord launchers but after I was introduced to the bey launcher ... I simply donated ( yeah they were so useless ) or started selling off my ripcord launchers

I = Personal opinion/experience just like other's stated in this thread

i can understand what you mean. but in burst, Long Winder + Light Launcher can give higher RPM to some bladers [which none winder based launcher can do in MFB]

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder - Dracomageat - Mar. 13, 2016

(Mar. 11, 2016  12:17 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: i personally use Long Winder + Light Launcher as i can launch better with it. it's strange but even in MFB, ND Winder + Light Launcher give me far more RPM then Beylauncher

The Neo Dragon Winder rips like a dream but does not compare in strength to a fresh Light Launcher 2 and is also sadly fragile due to its design. I would use an oldschool Dragon Winder over the Neo 9 times out of 10, simply for durability's sake.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder - Kai-V - Jul. 08, 2016

With this post, I wish to really determine which launcher in Beyblade Burst is the most powerful.

Background Information

There were some Members who claimed that the Long Winder allowed for a more powerful launch than a BeyLauncher (string launcher), while others claimed that it allowed for the same shoot power with less effort or difficulty. All in all, the Long Winder was said to be the launcher to adopt if you wanted a powerful launch.

Meanwhile, I kept saying that there was no physical way this was possible, that the string launcher was mechanically stronger no matter the impressions. As a matter of fact, here are TAKARA-TOMY's statistics for the different Beyblade Burst launchers:

BeyLauncher:
Shoot Power: ★ ★ ★ ★
Easiness to handle(?): ★ ★
Customizability: ★ ★

Light Launcher (regular winder):
Shoot Power: ★ ★
Easiness to handle(?): ★ ★ ★

Proto Launcher:
Shoot Power: ★
Easiness to handle(?): ★
Customizability: ★

Light Launcher + Long Winder:
Shoot Power: ★ ★ ★

Sword Launcher:
Shoot Power: ★ ★ ★ ★
Customizability: ★

Of course, TAKARA-TOMY's statistics for Beyblade parts have always been just like Hasbro's: usually wrong, amateurish and very negligible. However, this is about launchers, there are a lot less variables to that and you have to admit that the above star system makes sense.

And as you can see and as you know, there is now a new player: the Sword Launcher.

Here are also the revolutions the prongs do for each launcher:
BeyLauncher: 6 ¾
Long Winder: 6 ¼
Sword Launcher: 6 ½ (Power Side of the winder)

Testing Conditions

These solo spin tests were conducted over three days relatively far apart. I identified below which ones were all done today.

I tried to use the BeyLogger to make sure that all launches recorded were at 'full power': all lights blinking simultaneously. That worked for the first two days, but today it looks like my BeyLogger's batteries may be dead. However, as you can see the times are not all that different from when I had a working BeyLogger, so I decided to keep them.

My setups were (with BeyLogger on all): clear blue Light Launcher with the white Long Winder, attached to a Launcher Grip, with a few launches using the Weight Damper as well; BeyLauncher and BeyLogger; Sword Launcher (winder on the Power Side of course) and BeyLogger.

Compared to Zoroaste's solo spin tests that he posted over a month ago, apparently we have the same sort of times, so that reassures me. I will also do like him and remove the lowest and highest time records just to try to calculate a more cohesive average.

I had done some tests with Revolve before finding out that I had a very poor mould, so take them with a grain of salt.

Deathscyther Ring Gyro

Long Winder:
1:47
1:37
1:42
1:49
1:55
1:51
1:44
1:36 (with Weight Damper, today)
1:25 (with Weight Damper, today)
1:40 (with Weight Damper, today)
1:37 (with Weight Damper, today)
1:53 (with Weight Damper, today)
1:34 (today)
2:04 (today)
1:46 (today)
Average: 1:44

BeyLauncher
1:27
1:44
1:54
1:53
2:06
1:42 (today)
1:47 (today)
1:54 (today)
1:46 (today)
1:42 (today)
1:43 (today)
1:38 (today)
Average: 1:496

Sword Launcher (all conducted today)
1:46
1:58
2:13
2:04
1:56
2:06
Average: 1:576

Deathscyther Ring Revolve (defective though)

Long Winder
1:48
1:59
1:43
1:35
1:28
1:48
1:38
Average: 1:457

BeyLauncher
1:42
1:35
1:38
1:32
1:33
1:25
Average: 1:39

Observations

I had a pleasant surprise with the Sword Launcher. My launch seemed more steady and clearly the shots were powerful from the start. However, the way that handle attaches to the winder and can seemingly get detached if you slip it back off is incredibly stupid and I certainly cannot use it easily for part testings that require two consecutive and rapid launches.

Looking at the Revolve tests and how there is a five-second difference on both sides for the Long Winder and the BeyLauncher, I suppose that the only serious conclusion we can come to is: the Sword Launcher is the most powerful launcher hah.

In the future, I also wish for us to look at this issue on a purely scientific basis from now on: launching power does not depend on the user - either you can master the most powerful launcher, or you cannot. Also the Beyblade being more noisy at the beginning is indicator of absolutely nothing: if anything, it seemed to stop spinning a lot earlier when it made a sawing sound at the beginning.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - FIREFIRE CPB - Jul. 08, 2016

thanks for test Kai-V!!!

Hmmm so does attaching Beylogger to Sword Launcher makes it less likely to prongs to touch fingers?

also do that sword winder's handle part hurt your hand while testing?

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - Kai-V - Jul. 08, 2016

Yes, the BeyLogger allows me to hold the Sword Launcher from the intuitive portion near the opening of the sheath, so right over the prongs. My fingers do not come in contact with anything.

The handle did not hurt that much.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - Bey Brad - Jul. 08, 2016

Really great post, thanks for sharing. BeyLauncher and Light Launcher + Long Winder seem to be pretty much indiscernible and will probably come down to personal preference. Really looking forward to trying the Sword Launcher out!

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - Kei - Jul. 09, 2016

Thanks for this, Kai-V!

(Jul. 08, 2016  3:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Also the Beyblade being more noisy at the beginning is indicator of absolutely nothing: if anything, it seemed to stop spinning a lot earlier when it made a sawing sound at the beginning.

What do you mean when you say "noise"? I think for example if you use an Accel on your test Beyblade and it makes a lot more noise as it circles the Tornado Ridge, that's an indication that it's unbalanced (the combo itself, not necessarily the Driver). Or if you shoot your Revolve combo and it moves or wobbles a lot at the beginning, same thing.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - Kai-V - Jul. 09, 2016

Well, if you shoot weakly, it makes no noise at all, but what people often use to identify a strong shot is if the Beyblade makes a sort of buzzing sound. It does not necessarily always mean that there is an imbalance.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - Zoroaste - Jul. 09, 2016

Nice! Thanks for the tests! Yeah, this is my experience as well. Once you get the sword launcher down, it is the most powerful. I launch it a little bit differently because of the resistance.
The only thing that sucks is that I bend the winder when I sliding shoot, so this is obviously a problem with the sword launcher. Looks like I will have to use the long winder for that. At least they aren't useless now. Lol. I just got 3 with my X2's, haha, totally not even thinking that the sword launcher may replace it

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - Kei - Jul. 09, 2016

(Jul. 09, 2016  3:38 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, if you shoot weakly, it makes no noise at all, but what people often use to identify a strong shot is if the Beyblade makes a sort of buzzing sound. It does not necessarily always mean that there is an imbalance.

Oh, okay. I know what you're talking about. We're talking about different kinds of noises then.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - HyperGalaxy - Jul. 12, 2016

Weird. I would have thought that the string launcher would be dominant in both reliability and maximum RPM, given how dominant the Beylauncher was during MFB. Even though the Light Launcher 2 was advertised to have a higher maximum RPM, I did not see it outperform the Beylauncher even once, aside from the cases of a bad launch when using the Beylauncher.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - BEAST_MODE_BOSS - Jul. 15, 2016

is the long winder worth it? im not sure if i should get it or not xD

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - Kai-V - Jul. 15, 2016

As worth it as the BeyLauncher, but less worthwhile than the Sword Launcher. With the BeyLauncher, it depends what you are more comfortable with using.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - Mitsu - Jul. 15, 2016

Is it easy for you to bank Attack combos with the Sword Launcher, @[Kai-V]?

Late reply, but in any case, great post! Thank you! I'm definitely glad to hear the Sword Launcher makes up for the issues with Xeno Xcalibur. Smile

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - Kai-V - Jul. 15, 2016

I just tried and it is OK. The biggest issue is just that stupid removable winder handle.

Thank you to you, FIREFIRE CPB, Bey Brad, Kei and Zoroaste.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - 1234beyblade - Jul. 15, 2016

As someone who used both long winder and string launcher, I can certainly say that the long winder is much better than the string launcher and I will most likely never go back to string launcher.

It takes a lot less effort/strain on you pulling arm than string launcher.
It gives crazy power with little focus and speed of launching.
And lastly it never breaks (I've had mine for 5 months of non stop use, while the string launcher literally broke after about less than 100 uses.)

With that said I really think bladers should consider getting both and trying out both of them, especially the orange one, it is literally god like.

RE: String Launcher or Long Winder or Sword Launcher - Bey Brad - Jul. 15, 2016

^ Just ordered a third orange Light Launcher + Long Winder set. So good. Hopefully will get the Sword Launcher soon, too ...