Feb

Show Yourself Big Bang!

Roseville, Maryland
Tournament Results
SuperStar Card Gaming
7902 Belair Rd
  Enter the store through the double doors on the corner of belair rd and lincoln ave
1:00 PM on 02/08/2020
Hosted by
  Yami
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  

Venue Fee

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Host: Yami

LocationThis event will be held at SuperStar Card Gaming

Time: As the tournament will start promptly at 1:00pm, please plan to arrive around 12:00pm when registration will begin. Registration will close at 12:45am. If the participant cap has not been met at this time, waitlisted players will be offered a spot. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue.

Prizes:

Master Diabolos
TBA

Other Information:
Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin no later than 1:00 PM and is expected to run for about 3 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

On my way now y'all, stopping to get some money out, and then I'll be on my way
Good luck everyone!
https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/buijagmu
https://challonge.com/lx5mfdg4

Hello321 1st
Beymaster 2nd
DeceasedCrab 3rd
(Feb. 09, 2020  12:41 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: https://challonge.com/lx5mfdg4

Hello321 1st
Beymaster 2nd
DeceasedCrab 3rd

Congratulations Hello321, beymaster, and DeceasedCrab!
It was a fun tournament today! I'm glad to make it to the finals again for the first time in a while, and in Burst Standard of all things.

- 22 people at the tournament, 4 noshows. Well, no surprises there.

- The venue is great. It's nice and warm in the winter.

- Someone apparently went through another blader's parts and stole their Ultimate Reboot', leaving an Ultimate Reboot in its place. Perhaps it was done by mistake, but if someone finds they have an Ultimate Reboot' they didn't previously, please turn it in to the judges at the next tournament, we'll take care of returning it to its owner. Meanwhile, Don't bring so many parts and cases that you can't easily carry them with you to every battle! If you leave your beycase in another room for extended periods of time, unattended, you risk losing parts!

- The new tiebreak rules are very easy to work with. We had a 2 way tie for the 8th spot between FriedPasta and I, but we had faced each other in the first stage, and I'd won that match, so I went to the finals.

- Not many surprises as far as which layers worked well today. A lot of Master, Lord, Perfect Phoenix, Judgement, and Zwei. Some others as well, of course. I tried Balkesh B3 on a whim against Beymaster, and he made me pay for it with Zwei. He'd beat me again in the semifinals! I really just can't get Lord Spriggan Blitz Xt+ to work well in right, I should stick with my Perfect Phoenix. Nice to see him make it to second place today.

- We did a test of the Burst Limited format after the tournament! No one was really ready for it or expecting it, so most people didn't bring a lot of Limited parts. Also the format isn't documented anywhere, so we were winging it. I accidentally used a GT disc in 2 matches (whoops) and also we're starting to think that Smash Attack types on Destroy' are entirely too powerful in limited. Winning Valkyrie is actually quite good, for once. And I think some of the Hasbro Exclusive layers might really shine in that format. But it could use a lot more testing and discussion for what is and isn't banned in it.
(Feb. 09, 2020  2:16 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: - We did a test of the Burst Limited format after the tournament! No one was really ready for it or expecting it, so most people didn't bring a lot of Limited parts. Also the format isn't documented anywhere, so we were winging it. I accidentally used a GT disc in 2 matches (whoops) and also we're starting to think that Smash Attack types on Destroy' are entirely too powerful in limited. Winning Valkyrie is actually quite good, for once. And I think some of the Hasbro Exclusive layers might really shine in that format. But it could use a lot more testing and discussion for what is and isn't banned in it.

So Limited Format is under experimentation now?
(Feb. 09, 2020  2:16 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It was a fun tournament today! I'm glad to make it to the finals again for the first time in a while, and in Burst Standard of all things.

- 22 people at the tournament, 4 noshows. Well, no surprises there.

- The venue is great. It's nice and warm in the winter.

- Someone apparently went through another blader's parts and stole their Ultimate Reboot', leaving an Ultimate Reboot in its place. Perhaps it was done by mistake, but if someone finds they have an Ultimate Reboot' they didn't previously, please turn it in to the judges at the next tournament, we'll take care of returning it to its owner. Meanwhile, Don't bring so many parts and cases that you can't easily carry them with you to every battle! If you leave your beycase in another room for extended periods of time, unattended, you risk losing parts!

- The new tiebreak rules are very easy to work with. We had a 2 way tie for the 8th spot between FriedPasta and I, but we had faced each other in the first stage, and I'd won that match, so I went to the finals.

- Not many surprises as far as which layers worked well today. A lot of Master, Lord, Perfect Phoenix, Judgement, and Zwei. Some others as well, of course. I tried Balkesh B3 on a whim against Beymaster, and he made me pay for it with Zwei. He'd beat me again in the semifinals! I really just can't get Lord Spriggan Blitz Xt+ to work well in right, I should stick with my Perfect Phoenix. Nice to see him make it to second place today.

- We did a test of the Burst Limited format after the tournament! No one was really ready for it or expecting it, so most people didn't bring a lot of Limited parts. Also the format isn't documented anywhere, so we were winging it. I accidentally used a GT disc in 2 matches (whoops) and also we're starting to think that Smash Attack types on Destroy' are entirely too powerful in limited. Winning Valkyrie is actually quite good, for once. And I think some of the Hasbro Exclusive layers might really shine in that format. But it could use a lot more testing and discussion for what is and isn't banned in it.

Hey DeceasedCrab, so I remember my friend  JayDog311 stating that he traded his Ul for an Ul' but I don't think anyone would trade a dash driver for a non-dash driver especially if it's the same driver line. If he did, I would kind of feel bad for him, but then again, he stole a part from a box that costs almost $60 on Amazon!
(Feb. 09, 2020  3:08 AM)DreadAqua Wrote:  Hey DeceasedCrab, so I remember my friend  JayDog311 stating that he traded his Ul for an Ul' but I don't think anyone would trade a dash driver for a non-dash driver especially if it's the same driver line. If he did, I would kind of feel bad for him, but then again, he stole a part from a box that costs almost $60 on Amazon!

Well that doesn't sound like something jaydog would do. I'm confused by some of your message! I guess I'll ask him
(Feb. 09, 2020  4:14 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2020  3:08 AM)DreadAqua Wrote:  Hey DeceasedCrab, so I remember my friend  JayDog311 stating that he traded his Ul for an Ul' but I don't think anyone would trade a dash driver for a non-dash driver especially if it's the same driver line. If he did, I would kind of feel bad for him, but then again, he stole a part from a box that costs almost $60 on Amazon!

Well that doesn't sound like something jaydog would do. I'm confused by some of your message! I guess I'll ask him

I'm sorry my reply was unreadable. But during the tournament, he also ran off with my Regalia layer and switched Ashley's Prime Apocalypse with his. I'm almost certain that he did it as a joke but if he did those things, you can kind of consider the possibilities.
(Feb. 09, 2020  6:17 PM)DreadAqua Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2020  4:14 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Well that doesn't sound like something jaydog would do. I'm confused by some of your message! I guess I'll ask him

I'm sorry my reply was unreadable. But during the tournament, he also ran off with my Regalia layer and switched Ashley's Prime Apocalypse with his. I'm almost certain that he did it as a joke but if he did those things, you can kind of consider the possibilities.
Whoa! These are some serious accusations! I'll be following up with people over PMs to ask about this.
Your reply was not unreadable, just a little unclear and a little concerning.
Hi Yami! Where are the winning combos for this one? Or the spreadsheet for this one? Or the winner pre-processing? I can't find them. Unhappy
Hello Yami, I'd like to follow up on the above post by DeceasedCrab. Can you please submit the winning combinations ASAP? They are overdue. Thank you!

The spreadsheet has been submitted (although I'm not sure if it was created by you), but it is missing the winning combinations: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing