Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
(Aug. 16, 2011  9:04 PM)Dan Wrote: Your point of view makes no sense Jay, you've never been to a tournament, either.
Libra's unban lasted a month too long? Where do you get that number from? Lightning LDrago was released in mid-'09 and Libra was banned the same year.

Waiting so long to unban Libra caused a lot of people to forget. I do not distinctly remember, but right before Libra was unbanned, I think there were quite a few tournaments that were won by a lot of Vulcan combos, and maybe Libra could have helped.
(Aug. 16, 2011  9:06 PM)Meow! Wrote: I agree but what I'm saying is that if shortly after we ban it, takara releases another big game-changer, such as a very high smash attack wheel. Then people will start bringing that wheel to tourneys, basalt users will get discouraged and stop using basalt. Then its "attack dominate all" all over again. I don't say that is necessarily bad, but with the short time frame not everyone will catch-up with the "unban".

I feel that we should create different formats, because either way we will run into difficulties. The different formats just give a better outcome and is a lot more healthy for the meta game.

We can't really bet on that, if it is not necessary, don't bank on what TT could do, only on what has been confirmed.
Attack may dominate on the website, but it is barely used in tournaments at all unless you're in Italy.
Even with high-smash wheels, it is still the same old story of attacks being back-seated for zero reason.
When Vulcan was hot-carp, I don't recall it winning all the tournaments, though it was facing MF Earth Bull C145/GB145WB as a top defense bey and Earth/Burn Bull 145WD as top stamina.
Wouldn't you think it would be easy picking? Still. No where near abused to the point Basalt is. (IIRC)

I don't think attackers will ever actually be heavily used in tournaments no matter how well they do.
Too hard for younger members to use. I still can't get the flower pattern that I've seen at some of the tournaments that are recorded, and from what I've read, the Italians normally have some type of super-condensed flower pattern. I'm having a huge issue trying to copy that flower pattern.
Yes I completely forgot about that. Even I wouldn't be very comfortable bringing attack types to a tournament though I have a good flower pattern. The risk of self ko is crucial as well as the chance of a misshot with the pressure. I have to say I would be guilty of using a basalt at a tournament if i went to one.
(Aug. 16, 2011  9:23 PM)Meow! Wrote: Yes I completely forgot about that. Even I wouldn't be very comfortable bringing attack types to a tournament though I have a good flower pattern. The risk of self ko is crucial as well as the chance of a misshot with the pressure. I have to say I would be guilty of using a basalt at a tournament if i went to one.

i feel the same way

at home i can get a very good flower pattern, but at a tournament there is pressure and all that and it throws you (me) off. but when using a stamina or defence (or basalt) type, there is less pressure because launching is way easier
Who's going to be winning tournaments if Basalt is banned? Probably a Lightning L Drago combo because there is no Basalt to beat it (maybe sometimes there will be a Hell winning, but not always). Attack dominate meta game... I won't like that at all (I'm a defensive blader, one of the reasons why I don't want Basalt to be banned)...
Personal Preferences are useless, and you obviously did not read. Go back and read the thread. People for and against banning Basalt agree that attack will not dominate. There is this track, it is called BD145, and the thing is beast.
Blitz

You mean 53 of the 131 people that voted to ban Basalt had wanted it to be banned? Do you have any idea how many tournament attendees voted for a ban/combo ban?

Saying something like "i'm a defensive blader" is not an excuse not to ban a part imo. Libra is staple.

@ Pressure at tournaments, I find it's true that it throws people off doing sliding shoots, some of my worst blading moments is me failing a sliding shoot when, I know it's possible to do at home.

That said, it's a reason why you should ban Basalt, it's found as a reason to jump to, when it shouldn't. If you lack confidence, it's no one's fault but your own, therefore banning the powerful Basalt will put less pressure on yourself to fail with Attack and less to chicken out into defence/stamina.
He meant that 47% of people who don't want Basalt banned has never been to a tournament and voted just to vote. Frankly, I've never participated in a tournament, but I do have a few unofficial ones with some people at school and at hobby shops, and Basalt is ANNOYING. I KO one, win 3-0, move on, and...run into another Basalt. And another. And another. And another, then get beat by Beat. Basalt is too easy to use, so everyone uses/abuses it.
i agree that basalt is over powered, but we have was to counter it. IT IS NOT UNBEATABLE! i have not been to a tournament, but i have seen the work it has done to the competitive community. we have was to counter, and new beys are being released, and GOOD ones to. just because people cant control attack types and go for the all mighty wheel does not mean we have ways to stop it. lets wait for the new bey to roll out and be tested, then decide.
...Did you read anything? These posts are really rolling in as people neglect to read anything past the title of the thread. Read the actual posts, counters are few and far in between, and we never stated that Basalt was unbeatable, nor was Libra during its ban.
I just realized that I only know of one counter to basalt that wins by sheer luck: Scythe Kronos. And if Basalt was put on a balance of attack and stamina, Kronos would be out of this. so we've got 1 counter to basalt. I'm going to say we need to start using the good ol' stuff like rock and flame. The stuff that has valiantly won countless FAIR battles.
imo, it shouldnt.. i mean, whats the point of buying a bey if you cant even use it...
(Aug. 16, 2011  11:56 PM)iTris12311 Wrote: imo, it shouldnt.. i mean, whats the point of buying a bey if you cant even use it...

You should actually read the thread.
Then don't buy it.Problem solved.

(Aug. 16, 2011  10:16 PM)storm dranzer Wrote: I just realized that I only know of one counter to basalt that wins by sheer luck: Scythe Kronos. And if Basalt was put on a balance of attack and stamina, Kronos would be out of this. so we've got 1 counter to basalt. I'm going to say we need to start using the good ol' stuff like rock and flame. The stuff that has valiantly won countless FAIR battles.

Have you been reading this thread. Thats what we were talking about for the last 2 pages. Scythe doesn't win by "SHEER LUCK", its amazing for stamina. It wins by OS. Rock and Flame are SEVERELY outclassed. Flame and Rock could be defeated easily by stuff like, vulcan or maybe even galaxy. If wee ban basalt, it doesn't mean we should have to go to stuff like Rock and Flame.
Strom Dranzer,I don't know which Basalt combo you're meaning,but for Basalt BD145CS ,there are other combos too.MLD CH120XF,Earth 85/90WD,LLD BD145/LRF/R2F/RF.
I'd think it would be taken into account more if I posted the link to all the testing I've done with Basalt against Stamina types. Perhaps it will calm you guys down? lol.
no seriously its given the same problem that we had when libra ruled the metagame its just basalt this basalt that it damn right pethetic and the only part that ppl just fall back on and like when libra ruled it has made the game boring and extremely repetative and the thing that's annoying is the its made nearly everything and i mean everything practicly unusable and people use basalt for everything just like libra and thing is is that now libra is alot easier to ko/outspin so yea... i mean idk im all for the banning of basalt and i think some reason why people disagree is because they have bought multiple amounts of basalts *cough control cough* xD [just messing with u kevin lol] and dont want to see that they wasted there money... atleast thats how i see it lol
(Aug. 17, 2011  12:08 AM)BeyCenter Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  10:16 PM)storm dranzer Wrote: I just realized that I only know of one counter to basalt that wins by sheer luck: Scythe Kronos. And if Basalt was put on a balance of attack and stamina, Kronos would be out of this. so we've got 1 counter to basalt. I'm going to say we need to start using the good ol' stuff like rock and flame. The stuff that has valiantly won countless FAIR battles.

Have you been reading this thread. Thats what we were talking about for the last 2 pages. Scythe doesn't win by "SHEER LUCK", its amazing for stamina. It wins by OS. Rock and Flame are SEVERELY outclassed. Flame and Rock could be defeated easily by stuff like, vulcan or maybe even galaxy. If wee ban basalt, it doesn't mean we should have to go to stuff like Rock and Flame.
I'm saying that all though it can outspin Basalt combos, it is, as any other stamina type, weak to attack. If you have a good attacking bey, you can knock it out easy, therefore weak against a strong heavy fusion wheel attack. Basalt can do this. And I said I'M going to use rock and earth and that stuff AGAINST Basalt if the wheel stays.
Basalt may be an unfair blade but as long as its beatable it shouldn't be a problem I've seem the Whell part of the blade used in alot of powerfull combos but even i've seen it lose more than once. and the fact that its unfair makes it even better that gives me the chance to create an even more powerfull combo to beat it infact i'd love to put my blaze-wolf combo against it. A blade like this is only as powerfull as we make it seem anything can be beat I know this is coming off corny but I'm dead serious
...Okay, maybe this SHOULD have stayed Advanced-only, given the terrible posting. People post only reading the title, and jumping to conclusions. BASALT IS NOT INVINCIBLE, We never said that. We're saying that it is the best or one of the best in too many categories, and that makes it easy to win with, and as a result, you are forced to stay within the lines of type and not move outside of such lines.
Well it's good to have the forums opinion on it too, not just the advanced members. Only serious suggestions will most likely be take though.
However, since no one apparently took the time to go read Dan's post here and give a little criticism, I'd like to point out that there may be an easy way to defeat MF-H Basalt BD145CS.

Basalt 145WD vs. Earth AD145WD (switched WD's half way)
Basalt 145WD win rate: 0/20
Earth AD145WD win rate: 20/20 (20 OS)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS vs. MF-H Earth Bull AD145WD
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS win rate: 0/20
MF-H Earth AD145WD win rate: 20/20 (20 OS)

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS vs. MF-H Earth Bull 100WD
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS win rate: 0/20
MF-H Earth Bull 100WD win rate: 20/20 (20 OS)
[/quote]
:B Please do take a look at the rest of the results. MF-HBBD145 apparently doesn't do that well against stamina types such as MF-H Earth Bull 100/AD145WD.
/found solution (?)
That is quite surprising.

In any case, since when have we only taken one person's results to form a general conclusion.
I was just saying, that even as a forum whole, it would be best to take responses IMO that are more constructed and make more sense. But that's just IMO, I probably shouldn't have added that in there lol.