Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
(Aug. 17, 2011  6:07 AM)Temporal Wrote: Frankly, I'm scared to see MF-H Basalt Bull BD145RB. That thing will be nearly immobile.

I'm actually worried about that combo, too. Pinching_eyes_2 Any track or bottom that helps defense and stamina types evolve can be used with Basalt and help it progress as well. I'm just hoping Jade can pull something out of its hat once it undergoes more testing that gives it some sort of appeal to use over Basalt .
Quoted Testing
Scary. Jade seems garbage, then look at what RB does for it. Like RS and RSF, it will have issues with Left-Spin, however.
(Aug. 17, 2011  6:12 AM)Temporal Wrote: Try this: Jade was getting 30-40% with CS on the discussion thread for it. Throw on RB, and suddenly we see 95%. That tell you how good it is?

Sweet mother of... Jebus.
;_;
please everyone remove that combo from your posts
it's for the best of the metagame lmao
Jk
But yes, you're right... My God, that WILL be THE tank... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---
Remember, all Rubber defense bottoms have a common weakness, Left-Spin Attackers, or Left-Spin combos in general. Beat and Fang, however, go bye-bye.
So now its MF-H basalt bull bd145 cs/mb/rb now?? that doesn't make things much better=[
No, we just said that it MAY be even better as a combo, but worse for the metagame.

Temporal
Yes, I've never quite understood why Rubber Defense bottoms have trouble on left spin... I've just never grasped it. I'll find out eventually I'm sure, I have an RS coming in the mail Grin
The spin-equalize. The issue is, rubber can't really hold that new spin, and you get the kinda-sorta equivalent of spin-steal. One beyblade gains spin to equalize, and the rubber one just dies. Or, that's my understanding. Correct me if I am wrong.
I think its because when the beys aren't in contact, the rubber bottom is losing stamina at a faster rate than the plastic bottom---OS
That would be an issue with right-spin beys too, I'm talking about left-spin specifically.
I know, but i didnt see your post probably cuz i was still typing mine. Soo i wouldnt of posted if i saw urs first
(Aug. 17, 2011  6:36 AM)Temporal Wrote: The spin-equalize. The issue is, rubber can't really hold that new spin, and you get the kinda-sorta equivalent of spin-steal. One beyblade gains spin to equalize, and the rubber one just dies. Or, that's my understanding. Correct me if I am wrong.

That sounds right to me, Temporal. I'm assuming that since the rubber bottom has a much higher coefficient/amount of friction against the stadium than a plastic or metal bottom, it loses a lot of the spin it gains from the other Beyblade due to the greater force of friction acting against its direction of spin. Thus, the Beyblade with the rubber bottom would stop spinning sooner than the Beyblade with a plastic or metal bottom despite the two equalizing each other's spin.
Could someone explain to me this idea that left spin attackers best rubber ball?
(Aug. 17, 2011  7:00 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Could someone explain to me this idea that left spin attackers best rubber ball?

I believe Temporal meant to say how left spin attackers might be able to defeat MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB specifically and other right spin RB Beyblades. If RB was used on a left spinning Beyblade, a right spin Beyblade with a non-rubber bottom should have the same effect, I would think.
I don't see how left spin attacker would do any better against that combo than a right spin attacker would.
It doesnt..Lets say l-drago was the forbidden right spin bey and left spin was normal. ---same just inverted
(Aug. 17, 2011  7:00 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Could someone explain to me this idea that left spin attackers best rubber ball?

Eh? I was talking about rubber-based defense Bottoms in general.
Still, why do people think that left spin attackers does better against rubber bottoms?
Test results from the first few months that people used both RS and RSF showed that they did terribly. I'll see if I can find the tests.
(Aug. 17, 2011  7:10 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I don't see how left spin attacker would do any better against that combo than a right spin attacker would.

Hmm...my guess would be that, aside from the fact that both left spin attackers and right spin attackers are primarily focused on knocking out MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB, the left spin attackers would be able to steal/equalize spin afterwards if they were unable to KO whereas the right spin attackers would just lose more and more spin each time they and the Basalt combo connect. Thus, a left spin attacker would have a much longer window of opportunity to win since they remain a threat as long as Basalt Kerbecs is still spinning whereas right spin attackers lose that window if they cannot land a strong enough hit early enough in the round.
That applies in reverse for Basalt as well.
(Aug. 17, 2011  7:56 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: That applies in reverse for Basalt as well.

Yeah, it can work to Basalt's advantage as well. McFrown did say, "Energy transfer; it's a two-way street."

I'll wait for Temporal to dig up those tests on RS and RSF he mentioned. I think I have a possible reason why spin equalizing does/will not work so well for Basalt and why it does for left spin attackers but I want to see those tests before I spew something totally incorrect since I have not seen those tests myself. I'm just going with the little physics I know at this moment.
Basalt is a strong Metal Wheel, but as great as it is, its not impossible to defeat it, my Fang Wheel can KO it out of the stadium even when it was with an RS bottom, a flame wheel can even out spin it.

Why should we figure out ways to ban a natural strong beyblade part instead just discovering its weak points and and overcoming it with Wits and skill? :\
Basalt is easy to defeat, but there's only a few combos you have to watch out, especially Basalt 230CS, the only way to take it out is some kind of left spinner or a Scythe Kronos. And combos such as Basalt BD145CS/MB is easily defeated by stams. Basalt it not impossible to defeat, if you know what to counter it with, use it. Plus there's always new and better parts coming in. Banning it will just be time not worth wasting.
Just came to give my small opinion.

I'm not really fussed with all this Basalt commotion but in my Opinion it should be banned.
My little Brother (9) placed third beating very good bladers using MF Basalt Aquario BD145CS he had launched a beyblade about 10 times in his life and he honestly couldn't give two carp about beyblade. Yet because of Basalt he came third. Yeah. Also at the moment. Even the most skilled attack bladers use Basalt once or twice in a tournament. In this current metagame it's near impossible to win without using Basalt once or twice.

Smile
(Aug. 17, 2011  9:05 AM)Chups Wrote: Just came to give my small opinion.

I'm not really fussed with all this Basalt commotion but in my Opinion it should be banned.
My little Brother (9) placed third beating very good bladers using MF Basalt Aquario BD145CS he had launched a beyblade about 10 times in his life and he honestly couldn't give two carp about beyblade. Yet because of Basalt he came third. Yeah. Also at the moment. Even the most skilled attack bladers use Basalt once or twice in a tournament. In this current metagame it's near impossible to win without using Basalt once or twice.

Smile

If he chose to use or built that combo with knowledge he gain here or from other bladers, then he deserves the placed he got. He won not because of the wheel alone, but because he knew what it was capable of even in his current skill level.

Maybe it is near impossible to win without using Basalt once or twice, However its Not Impossible.

So no matter what, I still say Don't Band a strong Beyblade Part as there is always a weak point like every other part does Cute