Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
(Aug. 17, 2011  6:20 PM)H8R Wrote: Tell me yourself Dan WHY NOT Ban Basalt. If you have a reason that truly flushes our reasons down the toilet feel free to tell us.

(Aug. 17, 2011  1:00 AM)Dan Wrote: I'd think it would be taken into account more if I posted the link to all the testing I've done with Basalt against Stamina types. Perhaps it will calm you guys down? lol.

I'm pretty sure this is a suitable reason why not to ban Basalt which he has already mentioned ... You even posted in the thread. Either address it, or stop instigating that potentially valid reasons don't already exist.
(Aug. 17, 2011  4:42 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2011  4:39 AM)KingCobraRJ Wrote: Considering people pracitcally ignored me on this subject I would like to say that through what people said to me I think these rules shouldn't be changed. I think we have proven that all beys could be defeated. The Basalt wheel in itself has a flaw of its own. The weight of it causes it to be off balance during what I like to call a "wobble off" or aka a very borning stanima battle. I think you may have a point with the parts being used with it but rly if you think about it it doesn't matter cause the bey will still have faital flaws such as weight and height. Plus other wheels and combos have been proven to beat the basalt wheel using other bey combos such as a combo with a higher balance or a beyblade with a higher attack power. I think we rly shouldn't wry about this subject because rly all beys were made to be defeated. But I am worried about the new Phantom Orian 4D bey with the new Burning Core spintrack/tip. This has the greatest balance out of the many other tips that have incredible balance such as EWD, EDS, and WD. Yet we do not know how it will stand up to attack power yet so we'll pass that bridge when we come to it. So basiclly don't ban it. Infact bring the libra wheel back. if it is back already than nevermind.
You lost me at "ignored". Can you please use paragraphs?

Alright then basically no it shouldn't be banned nor should it be banned on spesific spin tracks. It rly makes no sence to ban certain combos. If you people were to actually read my comment and not just look at my name thinking oh wow hes probibly some little kid who doesn't know what hes saying then you would understand!
(Aug. 17, 2011  4:45 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: >Greatest Balance evar
lolderp it hasn't even been released
you don't know wut you're saying mah boi
But, I understand what you mean. B;D has potential to be bi-winning, but alas, we won't know until it's released.

I'm not saying that it already has greatest balance ever I only pointed out that it has the highest time out of most blance tips. I'm saying it might be a one of the best but we are not sure cause its not out yet. We don't know if it could take attack power.
(Aug. 17, 2011  4:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I did not read most of it either, because I noticed that the last sentence just nullified the whole block of text hah.

Hey sry I type so much I forget to split it into paragraphs. But if you were to actually read the whole thing you might get what I'm saying.
well yeah <3 but I've been saying this entire thread that basalt is beatable and I don't want it to be banned and the fact remains people still abuse it. we should stop this argument........
If we cannot stop people from over abusing Basalt, we should temp. ban it until the metagame catches up.But i'm still done with restricting the wheel.
(Aug. 17, 2011  6:50 PM)♥ Wrote: -snip-
Thank you for defending me. haha smoked. Now, H8R, do me a favor and don't post unless you have something meaningful, and proven to share.

(Aug. 17, 2011  8:33 PM)H8R Wrote: well yeah <3 but I've been saying this entire thread that basalt is beatable and I don't want it to be banned and the fact remains people still abuse it. we should stop this argument........
(Aug. 17, 2011  6:20 PM)H8R Wrote: Tell me yourself Dan WHY NOT Ban Basalt. If you have a reason that truly flushes our reasons down the toilet feel free to tell us.
You've made it very explicit that you want it to be banned, but as soon as someone confronts you, you switch to their side to avoid getting completely smoked. Make up your mind, please.
(Aug. 17, 2011  5:45 PM)Black Wing Wrote: After reading most of the posts.I say that Basalt should just be restricted from being on the BD145 and the 230,plus the CS and the MB.Cause most the combos that are causing this problem are combos of the Basalt wheel being on the BD145/230 CS/MB.

Banning specific combos will get confusing. Like someone said before, you guys are making this basalt problem bigger than it should be.
the fact is I'm not really taking any ones side but mine.
I don't want basalt to be banned BUT My opinion doesn't matter much because I don't have reasons to prevent it from being banned anymore.
The healthiest thing for the meta-game is to ban it though we could wait a while and see what happens.
I really don't think this argument is necessary for this thread PM me if you feel you need to continue.

(for mods)....sorry for being completely off topic Unhappy
(Aug. 17, 2011  10:12 PM)H8R Wrote: the fact is I'm not really taking any ones side but mine.
I don't want basalt to be banned BUT My opinion doesn't matter much because I don't have reasons to prevent it from being banned anymore.
The healthiest thing for the meta-game is to ban it though we could wait a while and see what happens.
I really don't think this argument is necessary for this thread PM me if you feel you need to continue.

(for mods)....sorry for being completely off topic Unhappy
The metagame is different in every area. Some metagames rarely use basalt. It doesn't seem like you have a strong basis for any of your arguments regarding metagames because you have never been a part of one, so how would you be able to judge what is healthy and what is not?

Try participating in a tournament before making this assumption.
MF Basalt Bull GB145RS should be banned is nearly impossible to beat. Hoever it shouldn't be banned because it is you can out spin it or build one heck of a attack type
Nearly impossible,its very possible,it balances the game out.Attack can't beat it, so stamina can.
I'm sticking with not banning it. Hell, I wish i hadn't checked "Restrict it in some ways" I think imma change that now, thanks to Dan. Basalt should stay in the metagame.

"A stamina to beat Basalt? Brilliant!"
"No! It can easily be beaten by an attack type!"
"But then I should use Defense to beat attack!"
"I'll just use a stamina type to beat it then!"
*le repeat*
Attack>>Stamina>>Defense>>Repeat

I'm changing my view on the metagame, it is balanced IMO now. As always each bey has its weaknesses, and can be beaten by it. Smile

Anways, on this topic, five sugestions have been posted
  1. We ban Baslt
  2. We don't ban Basalt
  3. We give Basalt a weight limit
  4. We ban certain Basalt combos
  5. We ban Basalt for a limited time
Well what im going to do is introduce a sixth. It isn' t that useful and so is banning this whole basalt thing, (just an opinion) but what we are tring to achieve by banning basalt is balance the metagame, correct?
Banning basalt would create this whole gap where it would result in stamina and attack dominance, just like it was last year. And with the awesome 4D attack wheels that have been released, these stamina wheels would get owned. I suggest we:
  1. Ban certain attack combos
  2. Ban certain attack wheels, tracks or bottoms
  3. Etc.

We already established that attack will not dominate if basalt is gone. There will be no weight limit either.
Only 3 suggestions have been posted to choose from, the others make no sense/aren't practical.
Banning basalt will not balance the metagame, you contradict yourself. Stamina and attack dominance doesn't exist. Attack would be the only dominant force in that situation.
Yeah! Let's ban a bunch of parts!!!!! Quickly, regress!!!
Rather than go through pain of pointing out all flaws: your idea cannot be execute well. Bottoms? Really?
I have a feeling I might be too mean for little reason but you need to think of all possible vantage points before you post.
Basalt can act a substitute of Libra, but an upgraded version of it.
If you watch clearer, a Basalt CS combo is nearly impossible to let an Attack or a Stamina to beat it.
Well, this matter is certainly confusing. Some people have brilliant reasons for banning it, but on the other hand Dan's results prove all of them wrong.
Well, as we all know, there is no attack, defense or stamina dominance. There are counters to top tiers from each category. Yes, Basalt seems to dominate most of the meta-games but there are ways to defeat it, as Dan has proved. So IMO, Banning Basalt is not a good option [Yes, I am constantly contradicting my previous statements, as I am flabbergasted on reading the new reasons posted here. Every time some ground reason is posted here, I feel- OMG! I think I was wrong!]
I've been supporting the side which doesn't want Basalt to be banned from the time it all began. Defense was at its worst before the arrival of Basalt. IMO, Basalt possibly balanced the meta-game instead of wrecking it. There were attacking killers like LLD CH120RF and powerful Stamina types too. Previously, it was just Defense which wasn't very strong. Yes, Earth is a good wheel, but it wasn't as strong as Basalt. The ban of Libra before had also been a major cause why Defense was so bad before... Also, as Dan said Basalt can be defeated by the use of powerful stamina types. So, Basalt did wreck the meta-game, but if you look from a different perspective, it played a role in balancing it too. Smile
(Aug. 18, 2011  7:52 AM)Dan Wrote: Only 3 suggestions have been posted to choose from, the others make no sense/aren't practical.
Banning basalt will not balance the metagame, you contradict yourself. Stamina and attack dominance doesn't exist. Attack would be the only dominant force in that situation.
Yeah! Let's ban a bunch of parts!!!!! Quickly, regress!!!
Rather than go through pain of pointing out all flaws: your idea cannot be execute well. Bottoms? Really?
I have a feeling I might be too mean for little reason but you need to think of all possible vantage points before you post.
I said that banning basalt should balance the metagame. Thats the whole reason this topic has sprung up? It was a suggestion, an idea not a SOLUTION. Just a contribution
You should only post good suggestions if your even going to suggest at all , and that is a bad excuse.
@ Janstar

I hear what you're saying.It's a pretty good reason.But they want evidence that proves your reasoning.
(Aug. 18, 2011  9:24 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, this matter is certainly confusing. Some people have brilliant reasons for banning it, but on the other hand Dan's results prove all of them wrong.
Well, as we all know, there is no attack, defense or stamina dominance. There are counters to top tiers from each category. Yes, Basalt seems to dominate most of the meta-games but there are ways to defeat it, as Dan has proved. So IMO, Banning Basalt is not a good option [Yes, I am constantly contradicting my previous statements, as I am flabbergasted on reading the new reasons posted here. Every time some ground reason is posted here, I feel- OMG! I think I was wrong!]
I've been supporting the side which doesn't want Basalt to be banned from the time it all began. Defense was at its worst before the arrival of Basalt. IMO, Basalt possibly balanced the meta-game instead of wrecking it. There were attacking killers like LLD CH120RF and powerful Stamina types too. It was just Defense which wasn't very strong. Yes, Earth is a good wheel, but it wasn't as strong as Basalt. The ban of Libra before had also been a major cause why Defense was so bad before... Also, as Dan said Basalt can be defeated by the use of powerful stamina types. So, Basalt did wreck the meta-game, but if you look from a different perspective, it played a role in balancing it too. Smile

LLD CH120 RF can't kill it.
Stamina types can certainly kill it for sure, but if we want to kill it we have to use stamina types, then the opponent will use MLD or attack types, etc......
That's not we want.
@ Tenshou
So what you're saying is that we want more ways to defeat Basalt, correct?
(Aug. 18, 2011  1:29 PM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2011  9:24 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, this matter is certainly confusing. Some people have brilliant reasons for banning it, but on the other hand Dan's results prove all of them wrong.
I've been supporting the side which doesn't want Basalt to be banned from the time it all began. Defense was at its worst before the arrival of Basalt. IMO, Basalt possibly balanced the meta-game instead of wrecking it. There were attacking killers like LLD CH120RF and powerful Stamina types too. It was just Defense which wasn't very strong. Yes, Earth is a good wheel, but it wasn't as strong as Basalt. The ban of Libra before had also been a major cause why Defense was so bad before... Also, as Dan said Basalt can be defeated by the use of powerful stamina types. So, Basalt did wreck the meta-game, but if you look from a different perspective, it played a role in balancing it too. Smile

LLD CH120 RF can't kill it.
Stamina types can certainly kill it for sure, but if we want to kill it we have to use stamina types, then the opponent will use MLD or attack types, etc......
That's not we want.
So what you're saying is that we want more ways in which to defeat Basalt, correct?
Quote:LLD CH120 RF can't kill it.
That's not we want.
have you even looked at Dans results??? seriously...
I wont speak directly FOR the meta game since lots of you find it a bit weird that I am speaking for the meta game though I haven't been part of one.
Although I do know how the meta game of each region works.
Honestly I'm in state of confusion
how about you guys take over for a bit I don't know if banning basalt is the best thing anymore

after going through the entire thread all over again almost every reason says that "BASALT IS OVER POWERED"
or "BASALT IS BEATABLE AND SHOULDN'T BE BANNED"
Where is this thread going?
honestly we should stop posting unless we need to say something that hasn't been said before.
basalt shouldnt be banned! i mean, come on, takara tomy made it so that it would at least be beatable, otherwise, they wouldnt have made the metal wheel at all. and plus, there are heaps of combos that are good for beating basalt, they just havent really been discovered yet...

EDIT: you would just have to find the right parts, and voila u ve beaten basalt
(Aug. 18, 2011  1:55 PM)H8R Wrote:
Quote:LLD CH120 RF can't kill it.
That's not we want.
have you even looked at Dans results??? seriously...
I wont speak directly FOR the meta game since lots of you find it a bit weird that I am speaking for the meta game though I haven't been part of one.
Although I do know how the meta game of each region works.
Honestly I'm in state of confusion
how about you guys take over for a bit I don't know if banning basalt is the best thing anymore

after going through the entire thread all over again almost every reason says that "BASALT IS OVER POWERED"
or "BASALT IS BEATABLE AND SHOULDN'T BE BANNED"
Where is this thread going?
honestly we should stop posting unless we need to say something that hasn't been said before.
Of course I tried this combo, so I have that conclusion, Basalt is overpowered.....
(Aug. 18, 2011  2:02 PM)burnphoenix123 Wrote: basalt shouldnt be banned! i mean, come on, takara tomy made it so that it would at least be beatable, otherwise, they wouldnt have made the metal wheel at all. and plus, there are heaps of combos that are good for beating basalt, they just havent really been discovered yet...

EDIT: you would just have to find the right parts, and voila u ve beaten basalt
Have you even read any of them thread? We know it's beatable. That's not the problem. The problem is the affect it's having on the tournament metagame.