Scheduled downtime for migration

(Jan. 02, 2015  5:16 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Well hello! It's been a while. What exactly happened?

Also... Will the scavenger hunt will get an extension considering that Beywiki is still down?

What exactly we are not certain, but it may be something that was not done properly by the host during our migration.

Absolutely, we definitely need an extension for the Scavenger Hunt, for so many reasons. I will make an announcement tomorrow.

I would be expecting better comments than "about time" considering the fact I have barely slept and that this has been ruining my holidays since as early as Sunday, seriously ... This took a lot of work, a lot of stress, and a lot of time. It was not even our fault, but nobody was really there to help us in the last couple of days.
Yass were backkkkkk

So happy right now!

Thanks Kai-V!
Woo, we're back.

Good to see everything is ok.
Dude, I was literally dying of boredom without the WBO; really glad to see it back! Tongue_out

Private messaging seems to work, too; Tsuna managed to send a message to me; without and duplicates, either.
Took about 3 days. Eh, seems faster for my phone to handle which is impressive.
Thank you for everyone who helped out during the downtime and did everything in their power to get the site back up and running. I can't begin to imagine the anxiety during that time.
Kai-V Wrote:Due to the circumstances surrounding our recent migration as well as the downtime that followed it, in addition to the fact that Beywiki will only be back online at the beginning of next week
(Jan. 04, 2015  3:14 PM)Shido Wrote:
Kai-V Wrote:Due to the circumstances surrounding our recent migration as well as the downtime that followed it, in addition to the fact that Beywiki will only be back online at the beginning of next week

Thanks, buddy Wink
(Jan. 02, 2015  5:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2015  5:16 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Well hello! It's been a while. What exactly happened?

Also... Will the scavenger hunt will get an extension considering that Beywiki is still down?

What exactly we are not certain, but it may be something that was not done properly by the host during our migration.

Absolutely, we definitely need an extension for the Scavenger Hunt, for so many reasons. I will make an announcement tomorrow.

I would be expecting better comments than "about time" considering the fact I have barely slept and that this has been ruining my holidays since as early as Sunday, seriously ... This took a lot of work, a lot of stress, and a lot of time. It was not even our fault, but nobody was really there to help us in the last couple of days.

I wasn't trying to hint that it was the committee's fault, the whole host change had brought problems. My apologies if it came off as rude.
An update about Beywiki :

As you can see if you try to access http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/, we actually got a step closer to success!

The only big barrier left between a fully working Beywiki and us now is that we have to upgrade our version of the MediaWiki software, which is much easier said than done. Hopefully I can make it all work during the weekend at the latest, but in the worst case scenario, who would really mind another extension, right? We definitely take into account that a few goals and answers could not be completed because of this access issue, so don't worry!
Just an update: It turns out it's not even a problem of upgraded MediaWiki version! So this is really starting to look like a big second extension...

Without knowing exactly which day Beywiki will be up again, how much time do you guys think you will need to be able to find the answers that are on it for the Scavenger Hunt? Is a few days + one weekend enough? Two weekends?
Let's say 4 weekends and call it a night Wink

Just kidding, of course! I say 2 weekend @[Kai-V]
Why don't you just extend the deadline to one week from when the Beywiki is back up and running at 100% Grin
(Jan. 11, 2015  8:07 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: Why don't you just extend the deadline to one week from when the Beywiki is back up and running at 100% Grin

That's such a reasonable answer... I wish I said itPinching_eyes
I myself would be just fine with one. Smile
(Jan. 11, 2015  3:27 PM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2015  8:07 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: Why don't you just extend the deadline to one week from when the Beywiki is back up and running at 100% Grin

That's such a reasonable answer... I wish I said itPinching_eyes

I'm with you
Im trying to find time ATM to search the answers
I'd say five days including a weekend at the most considering there's only about 5 points to be gained off beywiki.
For the few who might have been looking, we just had a short downtime that was actually longer than I thought, otherwise I would have done it more during the night. It was an upgrade so we had more diskspace, quite simply.
So just because some people might think, upon seeing it, that we were hacked when that is not the case, I just wanted to let you know that I am looking for a good moment when I will be able to do an operation for the site without bothering too many people at once. However, first-world-big-Beyblade-site problem, that barely seems to happen when I try hah. It will cause the site to be temporarily available, but for no more than thirty minutes or even way less than that.
(Jan. 25, 2015  11:12 PM)Kai-V Wrote: So just because some people might think, upon seeing it, that we were hacked when that is not the case, I just wanted to let you know that I am looking for a good moment when I will be able to do an operation for the site without bothering too many people at once. However, first-world-big-Beyblade-site problem, that barely seems to happen when I try hah. It will cause the site to be temporarily available, but for no more than thirty minutes or even way less than that.

Do it Monday morning Wink nobody is ever on Monday morning.

What we classify raccooncityy as? A phisher?
Well, he may have got me so I guess he is.

@[Kai-V] thanks very much.
Good to hear it's being looked into. So, do we actually know what happened yet?

Looking forward to hopefully putting this in the past and moving forward with the anniversary.
Oh no, I have no idea what might have happened as far as raccooncityy goes, I wish I had been there to see what was happening. The operation I am trying to do is actually just to resize our website space and ultimately get all of our parts back on their feet.