Scheduled downtime for migration

Tomorrow morning, I will try to swiftly migrate us to another host that I have been working on in 'secret'. Basically everything there is better for us management-wise, so I really hope it will be successful. In the worst case scenario, there are four or five days worth of posts that may disappear, but hopefully it could just be a few posts from today. In any case, there will a small period during which we will turn the board off and, as usual, each and everyone of you will be redirected to our proper location once everything is set up. You just have to access worldbeyblade.org regularly.
Ah, cool, your effort is appreciated.

Erasing four or five days worth of posts is good because I have been making really stupid posts today, and I'm still recovering. What the heck is wrong with me lately?
So, as you can see, it is not today that it will happen hah. What I thought might have worked was denied to me, so hopefully tomorrow can be the good day.
(Feb. 05, 2015  8:16 PM)Kai-V Wrote: So, as you can see, it is not today that it will happen hah. What I thought might have worked was denied to me, so hopefully tomorrow can be the good day.

Hopefully the site doesn't go down for several days again, lol. Maintenance is such a pain.
Guess it must be Paintenance.
@[UW Detective]

Guess it must be

Paintenance.

I am so sorry I could not resist.

I hope the new migration goes smoothly!
Hehe, it's okay Smile

Let's hope I don't get too impatient.
Did the migration happen yet? I slept until about 12:30 and then had a crazy night shift at work so I didn't really get a chance to check in all day.
It should actually happen tomorrow, for good, so cross your fingers hah.
Good to finally see that everything seems to be working, again.
There are a few bugs still, like the background missing, but we are working on it. The migration definitely took longer than expected, but at least everything should finally be stable.
Stable on my end. Did it come back up early this morning or late last night? (EST)
(Feb. 09, 2015  7:33 PM)Wizard Wrote: Stable on my end. Did it come back up early this morning or late last night? (EST)

Everything was ready by yesterday afternoon/evening, but you can actually see the site on its new server only since onr or two hours ago.
Thanks a lot for your work! However, strange things happen with mine.
Do not worry about the fact you get disconnected or even still see the site on the old server if you come back from browsing another site; that is of course temporary.
PM's don't seem to be sending, for me.
My question is: Why is the site so slow? Obviously right now there is some slowdown due to the migration, but even on a normal day it takes a bit longer to load than most sites. Perhaps there's some bad code dragging somewhere?

(Feb. 09, 2015  7:42 PM)Leone19 Wrote: PM's don't seem to be sending, for me.

Same here.
So the MyBB internal error thing is temporal? I hope.

Thanks for your efforts Team! Or was it Kai-V? Well, you know what I mean.

EDIT: Anyway, my PM seems to work okay, after doing it twice.
(Feb. 09, 2015  9:45 PM)UW Detective Wrote: So the MyBB internal error thing is temporal? I hope.

Temporary, not temporal. lol.
Sorry, it's been very distant for me today Smile

Anyway, it seems to keep jumping on being available and not available. Heck, by the time I get a reply, I probably can't read it.
How long has the site been working for everyone?

It worked for a bit this morning, but for me ever since the afternoon, I've either been getting a page that "can't be loaded" or the MyBB error.

Hopefully, we're finally online for good.
We are definitely online for good now, but the matter is 'stabilising it' and speeding up every loading page because damn, it has been so slow today hah.
It was down for me like all day, but then came back for a couple of minutes around an hour ago.

On another note, still really hoping for these Scavenger Hunt results. I mean, there really is no excuse for it, seeing as this year's first downtime was a month or so ago. Don't mean to come off sounding rude, but yeah.
(Feb. 10, 2015  1:05 AM)Honey Wrote: It was down for me like all day, but then came back for a couple of minutes around an hour ago.

Thats exactly whats happening to me, although it crashes from time to time.
(Feb. 10, 2015  1:05 AM)Honey Wrote: On another note, still really hoping for these Scavenger Hunt results. I mean, there really is no excuse for it, seeing as this year's first downtime was a month or so ago.

Eh, I hope you are not serious, because Beywiki was down for most of January, and since then I have constantly been working to migrate us to a better host while keeping us online, which has been impossible to do at low cost ... Since there were risks that we would migrate to a new host but with lost new posts, there was no point in taking the time to write the announcement post with the Scavenger Hunt results (as well as other exciting news we want to announce at the same time) just to see it all get lost. Furthermore, Ahsan Tahir was banned recently but he had some points, so had we posted the results before that ban, it would have messed up everything.