Scheduled downtime for migration

It's a little sluggish but nothing too serious.

EDIT: However, when I try and click "Mark Forums Read" it keeps having an empty gap which to me I implies there's a comment, when there isn't.
Not sure about everyone else, but so far after it's been up tonight- it's been on and off, alot. I wasn't able to access for more than 5 minutes without it going down within the past few hours.

I've gotten either nothing, a MyBB Error, or the site- with very, very, slow loading. Can't send PM's yet, either. Tongue_out
There is still a serious loading issue, and apparently sorting out private messages and everything is what causes most of the crash, so we will do our best to fix that tomorrow without affecting the rest of the site. Beywiki also seems to be more complicated than expected.
I hope everything runs smoothly for your sake, the site, and all those working on the problem.

So, is it advisable not to use the PM system until it's been fixed?
The loading issue is a lot better for me now, so that's a good sign. Is it the same for anyone else?

Kai-V Wrote:Furthermore, Ahsan Tahir was banned recently but he had some points, so had we posted the results before that ban, it would have messed up everything.

Yeah, that's true. Maybe we could give his prize to the next runner-up, or possibly just let have whatever it is he won if that's also an option. That may be the nice thing to do, despite being a banned member on another account. I'm an absolute pushover to everything, so maybe what I say isn't the best. Obviously, it's your choice in the end, though.
Apparently the loading problem is really just due to some of us still holding on to past 'parametres', and once they have been flushed out things should be normal. According to our host and our program, the load time is completely normal, but they are not really active Members.
Private messages work, by the way. It may take some time, but messages are getting through.
There still seems to be a problem for me, the box where it shows the number of new comments or threads keeps permanently staying as a blank space, which means there's a new comment, problem is that sometimes there more or less comments and the counter still stays blank.
First time today aside from early this morning the site has been working for me.
Apostrophes are showing up as ’ for me in old posts.
Okay, before there was ANOTHER Internal Error and this lasted quite long, I've got to say, it getting quite annoying, but hopefully it will resolve itself.
Just a message to let you guys know we are probably even more frustrated by all the troubles happening than you guys, but like always we each have jobs, even our programmer who is helping us mostly in his free time. So, we want and do nothing besides try to stabilise everything and make everything work and hopefully that comes soon.
It told me to share it with an admin, so I figured I would share that when I tried to send a PM today, I got an error page from the site (not like Chrome or something) after a few minutes of loading.

I don't mean for this to sound demanding or something like that, just figured I'd share the issue- like it said to, haha.
Well, this has been an interesting migration. This thread looks a bit jumbled with complaints, so I'm just gonna compile my current issues in one post, just so you guys (the committee.) might wanna look into them.

1. General slowness. The sure is unusually slow (no, it's not my Internet connection.) and sometimes it even freezes up for a couple minutes.

2. Usernames. Look at my angry face quote in my sig. His name has been altered to a jumble of some weird characters.

3. New/Today's Posts. no matter how many new posts there are, it always shows up 1 new thread and the post thing blank ( this always happens, it means there is only one new post.)

4. Weird Error. I tried logging on a thread page and this happened. Only once though.

5. Downtime. a couple times after the ending if the migration the site wouldn't even load for me.

If anyone wants to reply to these errors, tag me, as I don't check this thread to regularly.
Yeah, problem 1 and 5 goes for me as well.
Lol 'Murica. Not sure whether or not these errors are mobile-specific.
While we and our programmer are working diligently to resolve all of these issues, for anybody having trouble loading the site, if you try browsing it while logged out you should have more success.
I keep having this problem that when I look at peoples referrals, it comes up as a 404.
Hey guys, believe it or not, but this is the first time in two or three days that I can browse the site while logged in, hah.

Hopefully everything remains stable for me tomorrow ... !
I don't know what was up yesterday, but when I tried to log in the site acted as if I hadn't, just immediately taking me back to the Unlogged in homepage. On top of that, whenever I tried to interact with any specific user (click their profile, view their posts, etc.) I kept getting a redirect loop.
(Feb. 16, 2015  4:43 PM)Time Wrote: I don't know what was up yesterday, but when I tried to log in the site acted as if I hadn't, just immediately taking me back to the Unlogged in homepage. On top of that, whenever I tried to interact with any specific user (click their profile, view their posts, etc.) I kept getting a redirect loop.

That same thing happened to me yesterday.
Not to be rude, but are we going to see contest and/or anniversary results soon?

Again, not to be rude and I know the committee has dealt with a lot with the host changes, but just curious.
Looks like the "New Posts" box is fully functional, thanks programmers and Kai-V. I'm pretty psyched!
(Feb. 16, 2015  9:58 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Not to be rude, but are we going to see contest and/or anniversary results soon?

Again, not to be rude and I know the committee has dealt with a lot with the host changes, but just curious.

Yes, but I do not know about everyone, but I personally had a lot of trouble yesterday accessing the site's pages. Otherwise though, whenever the site was loading, I was indeed working on redacting that announcement and wished it could have been posted this weekend for sure.