SPAM Bots. [READ THIS]

(Apr. 17, 2012  4:36 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: Lately whenever i tried clicking on a "last post" or an actual thread on the Recent Post section of the index page it sends me back as if i just refreshed the page Pinching_eyes

That... doesn't have anything to do with this?
It has also been like that forever ...
Since I joined a couple of months ago i accidentally spammed a thread like 2 months ago without knowing so i got warned Unhappy
Anyway people have been banned for spamming before correct?
If so i still don`t get why people still do this
Probably either cuz there new or they simply just don`t know what they`re doing
Has anyone ever seen a member who spammed a thread on purpose
(Jul. 11, 2012  3:08 PM)GalaxyPegasus80 Wrote: Anyway people have been banned for spamming before correct?
If so i still don`t get why people still do this

People who spam, come to spam. They do not care about their account. I thought that would be obvious :\
Sorry I just thought that most people spam by accident
Unhappy
Trust me, if someone was SPAMming by accident you would be able to tell.

I think it's simple: see a spam, report it. Human or bot, SPAMming isn't okay. Just do your part and let the people in charge take care of the rest.

As far as registration goes, I don't really like the question thing. If you'll notice, most people who come here to SPAM usually say something beyblade related. Besides, they can just look up the answer to the questions. This is the internet...
I say stick with the "Are you human?" tests and let it happen. It's just a viscous cycle anyways; we come out with new ways to stop them, they find ways around that. We upgrade, they upgrade, etc. Just do your best to report it when you can and otherwise just ignore it.

^Although this is pretty much what Seritonin said in the OP. So...
To filter out Spambots and human spammers, we should have a question that has to do with the beyblade anime, like the whole Nemesis disaster. E.G: What was the name of the person causing this mass destruction? i know its not really good, but heck, REAL beybladers would answer that in a heartbeat. another question would have a picture of a beyblade, and to become a member, they would have only 2 chances to answer, and if they don't, they wont be able to join. simple as that.
that may be good but what if a perant joins for there kid like Old Aquario and they dont know about the show
IIRC Those types of questions are not ideal because this forum is for people to learn; your cant expect someone to know everything about Beyblade.

And if someone actually wanted to join to Spam, there is something called Google.

Edit: Thinking optimistically : this tells us that others may see that our forum is popular!
SPAM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! were just bladers that want 2 have fun, not have a virus in are computer!
(Sep. 18, 2012  12:56 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: To filter out Spambots and human spammers, we should have a question that has to do with the beyblade anime, like the whole Nemesis disaster. E.G: What was the name of the person causing this mass destruction? i know its not really good, but heck, REAL beybladers would answer that in a heartbeat. another question would have a picture of a beyblade, and to become a member, they would have only 2 chances to answer, and if they don't, they wont be able to join. simple as that.
It's a good idea, but I don't know the answer cuz I'm a plastics fan. Maybe something more obvious?
Maybe something like:

What is a beyblade?

(a) a spinning top
(b) a household pet
© a computer
(d) a knife

It's a little too obvious, but it might be better than nothing.
Even though it's obvious, it's still a good question to have just in case. Or even something like:

What is the name of the main protagonist for the Metal Fight Beyblade Series:

a) Josh Hernandez
b) Jimmy Orumba
c) Gingka Hagane
d) Lucas Okuzami
(Mar. 10, 2013  12:36 AM)LMAO Wrote: Even though it's obvious, it's still a good question to have just in case. Or even something like:

What is the name of the main antagonist for the Metal Fight Beyblade Series:

a) Josh Hernandez
b) Jimmy Orumba
c) Gingka Hagane
d) Lucas Okuzami

All of those answers are wrong, because antagonist is clearly not the word you actually wanted to use.

Guys, putting in questions and so forth like that isn't really necessary, as we do not get nearly enough bots(especially given the size of the forum) to warrant it.
Sorry to bump this thread but......

Is it just me or has there been alot more SPAM bots than usual?

EDIT: wait.....we're not supposed to go on spam bots profiles? Will you possibly get a virus?
If the spambots had a virus, they'd have to have the virus attachment that has the code, in other words, if they could potentially harm your computer, they would have to PM it to you and hope that you inevitably click it.
This may not fall in to the spambot category, but lately I have seen in the Whos Online users with grey color, which means the user is banned. Is this a case of a potential virus launch? These people have weird usernames too, like localsonly855, (Credit to th!nk) and clankbedew. These people aren't a part of the comedic CC dumps bro, they are the kind that try to mix the Phillipines Typhoon with buying Yankees, Dodgers (woo), China (the soccer team) to "benefit" the victims. That was a mouthful and a half.
None of the SPAM bots are a threat.
(Jan. 23, 2014  2:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote: None of the SPAM bots are a threat.

Then hell with this thread(no disrespect to Kai-V).
She meant they won't give you a virus, they're still annoying. This thread tells you what they are and not to reply to them.
There’s some new one called True4You who says they’re a hacker selling bank accounts n stuff
(Feb. 01, 2018  3:47 PM)Kreissatan4ever Wrote: There’s some new one called True4You who says they’re a hacker selling bank accounts n stuff

many comes like everyday. I seen many since Jan. Mods quickly remove those post and ban them (and there IP address?)
(Feb. 01, 2018  4:36 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2018  3:47 PM)Kreissatan4ever Wrote: There’s some new one called True4You who says they’re a hacker selling bank accounts n stuff

many comes like everyday. I seen many since Jan. Mods quickly remove those post and ban them (and there IP address?)

Good
@
But it’s red & blue, more blue than red but still

(Jul. 28, 2011  2:02 AM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote: Or.....

Is Storm Pegasus RED or BLUE

Even though I quit the beys, I still got good ideas

But it’s red & blue, mainly blue but still
What about “What’s 1+1?’
(Nov. 01, 2018  1:50 PM)HyperBey123 Wrote: What about “What’s 1+1?’

That's not a bot but till a spam