SPAM Bots. [READ THIS]

That is a problem, indeed.

Maybe you could ask such a simple question, that of:

"What is a Beyblade"

A: A top or A spinning top or spinning top, etc.
Simple questions yes.
But they also need to be advanced enough for the bot to not know the answer.
You could always do blatantly obvious questions:

'Name the main male character from MFB'
*Sophie
*Ginga
*Veronica
*Lucy
(Jul. 27, 2011  10:02 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Simple questions yes.
But they also need to be advanced enough for the bot to not know the answer.
The bot would obviously not know anything about Beyblade, they only traffic sites with good incoming traffic.

snakebite:

Good amount'a members from here only know about Plastics. We totally can't do that.
Or we can make them choose which question?
I got a warning because of one of these exactly at July 18th, 2011, 03:55 PM, and yes I believe this should have been made to prevent people doing what I did, as they are pointless.

And by posting on a 'spam bot' thread you risk getting a warning....

the spinning top question sounds good, and the others answers could be completely irrelevant...

thank you ♥ for posting this Joyful_3
(Jul. 27, 2011  10:04 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: snakebite:

Good amount'a members from here only know about Plastics. We totally can't do that.

Thats why I wrote name the main male character and listed all girls names bar one
I hope I dont get another virus. My last computer got a virus and the hacker stole all our credit card info. Thats why my mom doesnt like ordering stuff on the internet. That hacker ruined my blading career. I just hope WBO can stop Spam Bots once and for all.
Would it be possible to make a few people into moderators? You know, people like Th!nk who have nothing better to do but post on the WBO? It would help speed up the locking process. Since they mostly post in the off topic forums, you can just give mod powers for that area specifically.

Why not just ask what these spinning tops are called? The answer would simply be "Beyblade"
Man, I do not understand why th!nk should be one, at all.

Maybe... just maybe.

I think Ginga is not a very common name at all...
th!nk hates spam.
As do I.
But he's more responsible, and I'm sure he could handle being a mod.
U jelly?
I see this on youtube too,they post websites that say you can watch movies for free,but they have you do a survey that ends up having you buy something.
(Jul. 27, 2011  10:04 PM)snakebite Wrote: You could always do blatantly obvious questions:

'Name the main male character from MFB'
*Sophie
*Ginga
*Veronica
*Lucy

Or.....

Is Storm Pegasus RED or BLUE

Even though I quit the beys, I still got good ideas
Currently, I have made new threads be moderated in this forum, but usually they will move to other forums without problems ...
... Well, what about a question that says: "Beyblade is a game with 1.Spinning Tops 2.Swords 3.Cards 4.Cars"
I love that question.

But... Google. That's our problem. Is it possible we could not let them leave the page, possibly? If MyBB can do that, it would be a good question.

@Raigeko Who doesn't hate SPAM, that's not why I've been trying so hard, though. Actually, to help us organize things like this.
We are looking for solutions with a friend who is a programmer at MyBB.
Best of luck, therefore.

Man, they always attack at the same time.
Or you could add the type the letters thing when you create a thread.
That would become a hassle soon enough, plus if CATCHPA didn't work in the beginning, how will it work in the end ?
Actually no it wouldn't really.
Threads ARE created every day, but they aren't really put up as much as a reply. A captcha in reply would be bad IMO, but to make a thread would be a great idea!
The best/worst bots depending on how you look at it take information via google, and make posts that are seemingly on topic, but a bit off. I've seen this multiple times in the video game forum, and in the past have had bots take my posts, and use them as their own on other forums. It's kind of crazy.

My advice is to report the posts if they end in a link to a site that has nothing to do with the topic, or the user has a signature that's to sell something and has a post history where they can't be verified as not being a bot.
I have a idea for preventing people from getting viruses from the bot's links. They can trick you like this: http://google.com/ (theis link is okay. This only leads you to the WBO.) The link I put as an example looks like it's Google, but it goes to the WBO. I think they should, before clicking on the thread, look at the tiny bar at the bottom of your browser to the left, and usually you can see the actual web ulr.
If you read the thread it is usually easy to tell a bot has posted it, but if it uses the trick To was talking about, check if the thread is in the appropriate forum. If it isn't report it immediately. Bots while good at registering have a hard time mimicking actual humans, so there is always something that seems off no matter how good the bot is.
Got it. You can count on us to follow these simple natural steps.