20.83%
I like Cross Country!
20.83%
I like Track and Field!
41.67%
I hate running!
16.67%
Total: 100% 24 vote(s)
Do you love running? Well if you do post why you like the sport(s). You can say how did in a meet and post pictures or video if you want?
Cool! I was thinking about making one of these.

I've been having meets early each saturday, so I'm waking up earlier on weekends than weekdays Tongue_out
(Oct. 08, 2013  12:54 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: I've been having meets early each saturday, so I'm waking up earlier on weekends than weekdays Tongue_out

Same here!Unhappy I have to be at my school by 6am! And for practice on weekdays 7am!;(
I have to be at school at 5 AM for some meets, and the morning practice is optional for us, so I do the healthy thing and get my sleep XD
(Oct. 10, 2013  3:40 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: I have to be at school at 5 AM for some meets, and the morning practice is optional for us, so I do the healthy thing and get my sleep XD

Wow 5am!O.o that's crazy!
Your lucky your morning practices are optional! My coach wants everyone at the school by 7 then stretch for 15 minutes and start practice at 7:15!Unhappy
I'm so glad someone finally made this thread (I don't know why I didn't do it first XD) anyway like I said in Random Thoughts awhile ago I won a 1 mile fun run! I have the sheet showing I one and I think I still have the medal Smile anyway Ryukiba your encouraging me to get back into running I enjoy it alot I think I might Smile
(Oct. 10, 2013  5:59 PM)Lazer Wrote: I won a 1 mile fun run! I have the sheet showing I one and I think I still have the medal Smile anyway Ryukiba your encouraging me to get back into running I enjoy it alot I think I might Smile

That's awesomeGrin and yeah get back into running if you try hard and do your best you'll become a varsity runner as a freshman, like I did last year!!Grin
This morning For MMA (I know this is track bear with me lol XD) I ran 2 miles in 10:26? I believe for warm ups and was completely done during the entire actual training XD We were supposed to pace ourselves XD
So I had house road run, and my results were extremely disappointing. It was out of 112 people, just more than a 2 mile run, so around the school basically.

You might think those are good, but I came 12th last year...
ouch I wonder what happened? maybe it was like Mike Tyson vs. Buster Douglas it just wasn't mike's day and that was his first loss I think Unhappy twas a good fight though
(Oct. 10, 2013  7:37 PM)jacolal Wrote: So I had house road run, and my results were extremely disappointing. It was out of 112 people, just more than a 2 mile run, so around the school basically.

You might think those are good, but I came 12th last year...

Be proud, There were so many people that placed behind you, maybe the competition was just better this year.
It's so annoying because it's a house event. The best long distance runner in our class decided to Yolo and walked it. He cake like second last. Overall we came last.
(Oct. 10, 2013  7:25 PM)Switchblad3r Wrote: This morning For MMA (I know this is track bear with me lol XD) I ran 2 miles in 10:26? I believe for warm ups and was completely done during the entire actual training XD We were supposed to pace ourselves XD

Holy carp that's awesome!o.O I wish my time was that for two miles!XD
So we did 200 repeats today for practice, and when I reached the 100 meter mark I was in first! That means in front of the second best runner in the state, and everyone else. So it turns out I'm actually kinda good at sprinting short distance. I might actually do track now.
(Oct. 11, 2013  12:22 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: So we did 200 repeats today for practice, and when I reached the 100 meter mark I was in first! That means in front of the second best runner in the state, and everyone else. So it turns out I'm actually kinda good at sprinting short distance. I might actually do track now.

That's awesome and a huge accomplishment!!Grin
Today I ran 1 1/2 miles today and did some sprints across the football field with soccerSmile
I had an XC meet today! Here's how I did.....
I had another XC meet today here's how I did......
Hey, think of it this way, my best time is 22:06, haha.
I have two meets left. It'll be so weird going to school and not having practice.

I think I'll do track, just because I'll miss my team, and who knows, it may be fun.
Awesome timeGrin I wish I could've ran that at my race yesterday-.- but I just have try harderSmile and yeah I'm going to miss practice too!Unhappy
Oh my gosh tomorrow is the District meet!Grin I'm nervous but I'm sure I'll do good!Smile or at least better than my last two meets!Smile haha
Well, the cross country season for me is over. There's still practices for varsity, and we're allowed to go, but I just found out I have hamstring tendinitis, so I shouldn't run for awhile.
The season is over for me now.....
(Oct. 25, 2013  9:33 PM)ryukiba Wrote: The season is over for me now.....

Unlucky Ryukiba! At least you came 18th!

Here's my results for the county sprint team tryouts:

I wasn't too sure where to put this, but I think it should be here:
Awesome Jacolal!Grin I wish I could sprint that fast!XD long jump is part of track and field because it's a field event!XD
Okay... We just had the long jump practice. I am in the B team, because I din't do too well. I think my furthest was 4.7 metres. But for the javelin... I am in the A team. My furthest was 24 metres, 1 metre away from breaking the school record (for year 9s)!