I like Cross Country!
20.83%
I like Track and Field!
41.67%
I hate running!
16.67%
Total: 100% 24 vote(s)
(Apr. 22, 2014  1:57 PM)ryukiba Wrote:
(Apr. 12, 2014  2:40 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: guys, do you think 11:28 seconds is a good time for 100 metres?

I believe so, yeahSmile

I started my own training for cross country already and I ran two miles in 15:30, which is pretty good I think? Smile
yeah that's goodWink but does anyone know any tricks on how i can get to 10 seconds for 100 metres?
Train, train, train.

I don't mean just running, I mean work your legs, try using blocks, and do various speed workouts. Personally I do 6-8 300 meter speed workouts every other day. All days I don't I do distance. I just do a nice pace for 15-20 minutes.
yeah, i'm actaully working on some leg strenthening exercises, and some arm strengthining exercises, i've decided now that almost everyday i will do these exercises, and yeah, one of the excercises i did was a speed work out, it is when you're in a pushup position, and your legs are against the bottom of the wall, and you bring them up to your chest, but you switch legs so you have to go like this: 1,2,3,4,5,6 and so on, you know what i mean right, i'm not really good at explaining tricks i do in track and field, and guys, do you know whats next after you become 1st, or 2nd place at the regionals?
(Apr. 26, 2014  5:12 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: yeah, i'm actaully working on some leg strenthening exercises, and some arm strengthining exercises, i've decided now that almost everyday i will do these exercises, and yeah, one of the excercises i did was a speed work out, it is when you're in a pushup position, and your legs are against the bottom of the wall, and you bring them up to your chest, but you switch legs so you have to go like this: 1,2,3,4,5,6 and so on, you know what i mean right, i'm not really good at explaining tricks i do in track and field, and guys, do you know whats next after you become 1st, or 2nd place at the regionals?

That stretch helps me too, though I haven't done that since 8th grade though!XD by the way after Regionals is state
Is state like province? like for example, ontario? and what's after that?
I'd assume states are like provinces, as far as competitions go. After states is nationals, correct?
(Apr. 26, 2014  8:48 PM)Dual Wrote: I'd assume states are like provinces, as far as competitions go. After states is nationals, correct?

Yeah, I believe soSmile
so nationals is like team canada?
It's like competing against the best of the nation.
so it's like versing the best of Canada for example but in your grade?
You guys have Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Frosh/Soph, right? It's the state champions of those levels that compete against other state winners of those levels.
Anyway, any further information could probably be found on the Internet.
I did the pacer test today and two of my friends and I did 75Smile
I got a letter inviting me to my high school's cross country team because of my "potential." They're having a meeting in May, so I'm going to it to see what's up.

Anyway, if I chose to join the team, what should I be expecting?
Lots of running, right off the bat. That's really all it is, haha.
I ran pacer not long ago and i got 70. Funny thing is im not a distance runner im a sprinter
XD
(May. 31, 2014  10:52 PM)EarthLeone243 Wrote: I ran pacer not long ago and i got 70. Funny thing is im not a distance runner im a sprinter
XD
What's your 100 metre time?
I'm doing the pacer test sometime soon and I'm not the person that's good at running Unhappy
(Jun. 01, 2014  1:21 AM)Pokemo Wrote: I'm doing the pacer test sometime soon and I'm not the person that's good at running Unhappy

Just Do your best! Hope you do good!Grin
I've been running at a XC camp for the past week! I'm already getting better!Grin I was able to run two miles with some girls from the top school in the district!Grin
I love the pacer! Ugh it's my favorite fitness test XD My highest and most recent score was back in May of 99, my teacher said I couldn't get 100, so I stopped at 99 XD
wait, is the pacer test like the beep test, because my highest in the beep test is stage 10
(Jun. 15, 2014  4:27 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: wait, is the pacer test like the beep test, because my highest in the beep test is stage 10

Yes, it's required in North American schools I think. I got to stage 35 last year I think. You run up and down the court and try to make it there before it beeps.
Yeah, it was installed as part of the presidential fitness challenge (by Clinton I believe). It's part of the reason everyone is required to take gym in middle and high school. #62 when I took it sophomore year.
Huh, I never took that. Was it required in all schools, or just public schools?
(Jun. 15, 2014  6:11 PM)Du@l Wrote: Huh, I never took that. Was it required in all schools, or just public schools?

I think all/most schools, because I don't go to a public school, haha.