20.83%
I like Cross Country!
20.83%
I like Track and Field!
41.67%
I hate running!
16.67%
Total: 100% 24 vote(s)
(Jun. 15, 2014  6:11 PM)Du@l Wrote: Huh, I never took that. Was it required in all schools, or just public schools?

Just public schools I think
(Jun. 15, 2014  3:46 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: I love the pacer! Ugh it's my favorite fitness test XD My highest and most recent score was back in May of 99, my teacher said I couldn't get 100, so I stopped at 99 XD

Wow! That's awesome!!Grin
Next month I'm doing a half marathon Gasp. I'm excited, but also very nervous I won't be able to finish. It's around 13 or 14 miles total. The most I've ran at once is around 5 miles. My physical endurance is pretty high though. My mental endurance though throughout a race that long will defintely be tested quite a bit.
(Jun. 15, 2014  4:32 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2014  4:27 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: wait, is the pacer test like the beep test, because my highest in the beep test is stage 10

Yes, it's required in North American schools I think. I got to stage 35 last year I think. You run up and down the court and try to make it there before it beeps.
Ok, but no offense or anything, but i don't know how you got to stage 35 because we have to run a long distance in our beep test and i got second and ia guy got to stage 15 and he jogs like every day, he in great shape so ours has to be differnet, so that probably explains it
(Jun. 16, 2014  3:17 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2014  4:32 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2014  4:27 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: wait, is the pacer test like the beep test, because my highest in the beep test is stage 10

Yes, it's required in North American schools I think. I got to stage 35 last year I think. You run up and down the court and try to make it there before it beeps.
Ok, but no offense or anything, but i don't know how you got to stage 35 because we have to run a long distance in our beep test and i got second and ia guy got to stage 15 and he jogs like every day, he in great shape so ours has to be differnet, so that probably explains it

Possibly, I wasn't meaning any offense or anything. One person in my class got to 80, another quit after 7.
My highest on the Pacer is like 80-ish.
I don't even know what the pacer test is and I go to a public school, hahahaha.

On another note, I lowered my mile time from 6:10 to 5:58 a couple days ago! I was very excited and I can't wait to see it drop even more! It really helps mentally seeing it drop over the weeks.
Anyone done the shuttle run before? It's an agility based test.

I clocked 8.3 seconds, exactly, this year. Not bad considering I slipped slightly.
I hate the shuttle run, but strangely got exactly 8.0. That's presidential in the presidential fitness test so that's good.

EDIT: it might have been 8.1, I can't really remember.
(Jun. 16, 2014  4:38 AM)Kujikato Wrote: Anyone done the shuttle run before? It's an agility based test.

I clocked 8.3 seconds, exactly, this year. Not bad considering I slipped slightly.

The shuttle run sounds cool! What is it?
have you guys heard of an Indian run? its where you run in a line and the last guy has to sprint to the front and then the new last guy has to do it and so on...its alot more fun than normal runs. we do it at my school alot.
(Jun. 19, 2014  5:11 AM)Scout25 Wrote: have you guys heard of an Indian run? its where you run in a line and the last guy has to sprint to the front and then the new last guy has to do it and so on...its alot more fun than normal runs. we do it at my school alot.

Ohh!! Yes! I like doing that!Smile my coach makes us do that a lot during cross country season!Smile
guys i've finally done it!!!! i got 10.50 in the 100 meters!!!! it was on the road almost 100 metres, but on a real track it would probably be 10 seconds!!!!!!!!! when i get older i want to become a 100 metre sprinter and maybe 200 metre as wellTongue_out
(Jul. 08, 2014  6:02 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: guys i've finally done it!!!! i got 10.50 in the 100 meters!!!! it was on the road almost 100 metres, but on a real track it would probably be 10 seconds!!!!!!!!! when i get older i want to become a 100 metre sprinter and maybe 200 metre as wellTongue_out

Awesome!!Grin

I've been going to a XC camp and my last day was ThursdayUnhappy it was really fun!Smile we had a mile time trial two weeks ago and I ran a 6:45 minute mile!Smile 15 seconds lessXD
Thanks for the praise Ryukiba! I recently did it again and scored 114. Water was my best friend XD

I've been doing a lot of free running, dunno if that counts here but it's so liberating.
(Jul. 20, 2014  7:28 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Thanks for the praise Ryukiba! I recently did it again and scored 114. Water was my best friend XD

I've been doing a lot of free running, dunno if that counts here but it's so liberating.

You're welcome and that's awesome!Grin congrats!Smile
Thanks hah, I don't know if I can too that XD
I busted my chin open last time I free runned. It wasn't pretty, defintely funny though. It's definitely not my thing.
Definitely isn't for everyone, I've seen and had my own nasty falls and scares XD
Welp, my first XC meet of the season, and my first personally, is tomorrow. I am so nervous. Mentally and physically I am ready, but I just want to be within the time frame my coach wants me in. Even though I will probably end up around high 21 minutes or so, I will give it my all at the end and towards the beginning as much as I can.

Wish me luck guys! This is also my battle for varsity!
Good luck TRISmile i hope you do well
Does anyone know how to get in local track and field events?
The Cross Country season has started for me, and not well. My legs are hurting really bad after just three days, and it's obvious I'm out of shape. Oh well Tongue_out hopefully I'll get better as the season goes on.
Good luck Tri! Grin
XC season started for me last month. I was doing good in the top three, but then a freshman comes and is the second runner for Varsity. I'm a bit jealous, but I shouldn't be because it's great we have a really good freshman on the team!Smile I've been falling back in practice lately I'm the fourth runner for varsity. I hope to get better! I have a meet this Saturday. I think I'll do good. I'm going to try and sprint to the finish!Grin
Well, I did awful. Mid 22 minutes. The course was awful for a first and it was so hot and humid. I really thought I would do so much better … uhhg.
(Aug. 23, 2014  9:30 PM)Tʀɪ Wrote: Well, I did awful. Mid 22 minutes. The course was awful for a first and it was so hot and humid. I really thought I would do so much better … uhhg.

It's your first XC meet of the season! You'll do better on your next meet!Smile