Ruling Update: Hasbro Beyblade Burst Parts now legal! + Hasbro Only Burst Format

[Image: gnJ23kG.png]

WBO ORGANIZED PLAY RULING UPDATE:
Hasbro Beyblade Burst Energy Layers & Performance Tips (Drivers) Now Legal + Hasbro Only Burst Format

Hey World Bladers!

We are happy to announce that all Hasbro Beyblade Burst Energy Layers and Performance Tips (Drivers) are now legal for WBO Organized Play!

A few weeks ago in the days following the release of Hasbro’s version of Beyblade Burst, we–in light of the numerous changes to this new version of Beyblade Burst in comparison to TAKARA-TOMY’s release–made the decision to implement a temporary ban on Hasbro’s Energy Layers and Performance Tips so that we could evaluate their impact on the game and make an informed decision on how to handle them moving forward.

We’ve taken the time since then to perform an initial wave of rather thorough testing. Major differences in performance were observed due in part to changed molds, the new slope mechanism, and different plastic used by Hasbro, as expected. However, considering the statistics from the mixed brand testing conducted and several other factors, we have determined that the best way to move forward is to allow Hasbro parts in with our current events.

While the performance of Hasbro parts was in general lower than TAKARA-TOMY's releases, there were several bright spots where certain parts such as Valtryek, Storm Spryzen, or Roktavor performed as well or better than their TAKARA-TOMY counterparts. With this in mind, the new possibilities afforded by parts like this in the metagame helped to make the idea of legalizing Hasbro’s parts a proposition that could help to diversify the options available to Bladers competitively as well.

With all of that being said, the real crux of the issue was that we did not want to alienate or turn away Hasbro-only players from our events. If we want to be successful as an organization once these parts have seen a wider release, Hasbro parts need to be legal. But we also don’t want to alienate our dedicated members who have imported TAKARA-TOMY parts for the past year, so allowing the main Burst Format to be mixed makes the most sense. It’s as simple as that!

Hasbro vs. TAKARA-TOMY Part Compatibility Ruling
And for the sake of clarification: Hasbro Energy Layers cannot be mixed with TAKARA-TOMY Drivers and TAKARA-TOMY Layers cannot be mixed with Hasbro Performance Tips in WBO Organized Play events (Disks/Forge Disks can be used with either brand). Judges are expected to inform players of the incompatibility if they catch it while inspecting their Beyblade prior to the BeyBattle.

New Option for WBO Organizers: Hasbro Only Burst Format
Looking into the future, we do realize that the number of Hasbro-only players in our community will likely outnumber TAKARA-TOMY-only players ultimately. In anticipation of this eventuality, we’ve decided to allow WBO Organizers the option to make their Burst Format events Hasbro-only starting today.

When considering this option, we encourage all WBO Organizers to consider what is best for their individual community and to consult with each member if you can as to what their preference is and whether they are even able to play Hasbro-only yet. Most likely, this will only become a serious option once Hasbro Beyblade Burst has launched locally in your country.

More Information & Discussion
Awesome. It seems like every single thing that happens around here lately makes the whole Beyblade universe immeasurably better. Things are looking good. Thanks guys.
I'm very happy with this update. ^__^
Is the hasbro stadium applied? I assume not.
This is great! Smile Good to see that because of this, the WBO is getting better! Glad to also know that we now can host only Hasbro Burst tournaments since new players will be more familiar with it! (eee, I might consider hosting a strictly Hasbro Burst tournament in the near future!) This is a fantastic decision. Thanks for this, Kei and of course, the rest of the WBO for making this happen. Smile

(Sep. 28, 2016  1:40 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote: Is the hasbro stadium applied? I assume not.

Any stadiums manufactured by Hasbro are illegal.
I think this is exactly what I wanted out of all of this but I didn't know I wanted it this way. Perfect implementation in my opinion.
(Sep. 28, 2016  9:28 AM)Beylon Wrote: Awesome. It seems like every single thing that happens around here lately makes the whole Beyblade universe immeasurably better. Things are looking good. Thanks guys.

Thank you! This is pretty reassuring since this is only the tip of the iceberg. Smile

And thanks Kei for both organizing the test and putting this all together. I'm excited to try Hasbro combos in tournaments!
Yet another post that would benefit greatly from the upcoming likes system.

In the meantime, yay! +1, etc. Many Hasbro parts seem to be very different from their Takara counterparts, effectively doubling our parts pool Eee This will definitely open up plenty of new customization options!
Glad to hear such a positive response! Looking forward to the event in Toronto this weekend. Eee
Great to hear this! I am glad that Hasbro players will not be excluded, and that it could be more fair for them with the Hasbro only format. Thank you, committee Smile

Cannot wait to see how the meta turns out to be!
Yes Yes Yes Huge thanks to the Committee, I think this is an amazing step forward. Especially for them Hasbro only players(I used to be one) and anyone going to host a Hasbro only tournament in Toronto?
Since hasbro Odin is pretty much the nerfed version, will the hasbro version be banned like it's takara counterpart? Or do we need a bit more testing before we can tell for sure?
(Sep. 29, 2016  12:19 AM)ali12345456 Wrote: Since hasbro Odin is pretty much the nerfed version, will the hasbro version be banned like it's takara counterpart? Or do we need a bit more testing before we can tell for sure?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Odin in the testing stage of being unbanned anyway?
Right. I would expect to see Odin unbanned soon.
(Sep. 29, 2016  12:41 AM)Voqics Wrote:
(Sep. 29, 2016  12:19 AM)ali12345456 Wrote: Since hasbro Odin is pretty much the nerfed version, will the hasbro version be banned like it's takara counterpart? Or do we need a bit more testing before we can tell for sure?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Odin in the testing stage of being unbanned anyway?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
My Toronto tournament this weekend is going to be even more fun, now! Looking forward to seeing how this will impact the metagame.
Definitely glad of this change. This will make the meta even more fun now. I'm hoping tournament organizers will pay close attention to the amount of Hasbro used at events. Definitely curious to see how much of an impact they make. Especially in Toronto.
Wow... Does their drivers have different too?
(Sep. 29, 2016  10:50 PM)philo1114 Wrote: Wow... Does their drivers have different too?

Yes they are. The white tabs are shorter.
Its Kind of great to know that Hasbro Beyblade Burst Parts are legal and have their Own Format for it now !
I guess Now as the Hasbro Only Burst Format is Live We will surely get some more Members attending Tournaments. I am really looking forward to how this turns out there and how interesting it would be to use Hasbro Beyblade Bursts in the Tournaments.
Thanks to WBO Committee For taking this into Consideration !

Cheers !!!
Burst.
This is a really good change! A lot of the LA community has younger bladers who don't really have permission to buy many Takara Tomy Beyblades online. So having a Hasbro format will give them more access to Beyblades, enable them to make better combos, and will also make the tournaments more challenging. Lately in the LA tournaments, the top 3 finalists consisted of the host/judges. With the Hasbro format, it will give the young ones a better chance at placing in a tournament. I approve of the new format!
I'm so relived, because i wouldn't want to see Takara bursts getting rekt by Hasbro, but i also didnt want to see hasbros banned...
Awesome to hear that. Its great that in area where many cant buy from ebay or other site can use there hasbro to play also (lol once burst here. Im sure all gonna to love this format)
Will the hasbro-only format require TT launchers/stadiums, or will it be hasbro through and through?
(Oct. 06, 2016  4:57 AM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: Will the hasbro-only format require TT launchers/stadiums, or will it be hasbro through and through?

It will require the same Takara stadiums as the unlimited format, and presumably Takara launchers are strongly encouraged (though not enforced), since Hasbro's are terrible.