Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

No it isn't, I have the Microsoft Surface commercial song stuck. "Is that a pen? Yes it is; It's pretty slick man." I'm not sure if that's the real lyrics, but whatever.
Weird why I can't memorise stuff when peopole tell me to...
Ah, I remember Saturday morning cartoons... Haven't watched them in years. Sonic, TMNT, G.I. joe...good times.
(Dec. 05, 2014  4:25 AM)BURGER KING Wrote: Ah, I remember Saturday morning cartoons... Haven't watched them in years. Sonic, TMNT, G.I. joe...good times.

Not anymore... It's been 2 months since any network in the United States had them... Now there's just some infomercial carp. It's a shame, I was introduced to Kirby: Right Back At Ya, which I saw on 4Kids TV. That's gone, we need SMCs back!
The main problem with Saturday morning cartoons now is the fact that some channels show cartoons all week anyway so Saturday morning cartoons aren't what they use to be like where you could only watch cartoons on Saturday. Sadly Kids WB and 4kidsTV had decent shows sad to see that the CW doesn't have that Saturday morning block anymore.
Erm..I have a question...I walked into town today and some woman claims she was 'poor' and needed me to spend £5 for her (I dunno how much that would be in US dollars). I kinda did and now I want to ask if I had done the right thing? Because whilst that woman claimed she was poor and needed me to buy her lonts of food but she never backed up she was actually poor. She also claims she has four children to feed but again, she never proved it. She also had an IPhone which got me to believe she might not realy be poor was using me...so do you think I did the right thing paying for her?

Shr claims she had NO money at all but she had change falling out of her pocket and she had like £2 so I hope she wasn't lying..
Uhm... If she had an iPhone and the money to use it, she definitely wasn't poor. If she had 4 children to feed, where were they? I'm afraid, she tricked you.

In cases like that the best thing might be to buy her a little something to eat (a bun with cheese or whatever, anything not too expensive) and give it to her. Then you can see how she reacts and you don't spend more money than neccesary, because 5 pounds is not very modest... And quite a lot to ask for. If she is really poor, she'll be 100% satisfied and grateful.

Something similar happened to me yesterday, only the man didn't ask for money or anything but was just sitting on the street wearing a light coat (it was 1 degree Celsius yesterday!) and I bought him a donut and gave it to him. He was absolutely speechless and so darn grateful that he even spoke a short prayer for me. XD
Ive had to deal with fake beggars before, theres a guy in buffalo who will give you some story about "i just need $20 for a bus ticket to go to wherever, my cousin left me here and i need to get home" and then one time my dad told him he had met him before the guy laughed and walked away, it sucks that people do that because ive met people who were really poor and just wanted to buy a slim jim or something to eat
(Dec. 05, 2014  3:54 PM)~Pharmist~ Wrote: Erm..I have a question...I walked into town today and some woman claims she was 'poor' and needed me to spend £5 for her (I dunno how much that would be in US dollars). I kinda did and now I want to ask if I had done the right thing? Because whilst that woman claimed she was poor and needed me to buy her lonts of food but she never backed up she was actually poor. She also claims she has four children to feed but again, she never proved it. She also had an IPhone which got me to believe she might not realy be poor was using me...so do you think I did the right thing paying for her?

Shr claims she had NO money at all but she had change falling out of her pocket and she had like £2 so I hope she wasn't lying..

I understand what you mean, but you should just tell her nicely to leave you alone, after all, why is she going to such lengths to beg, it is most likely a dirty trap.

Some creepy woman did that to me once, claiming she was a poor woman with three starving kids, I had to keep interrogating her asking how she got an expensive purse and a blackberry phone and an IPhone, where her kids were, why her clothing was exaggeratingly scruffed just for me to notice etc till she got agitated and admitted she wasn't poor, cruel and stupid of me I know, ...but fair.

Though I was going to donate a quid, till she told me it wasn't enough so I had to ask her questions.
(Dec. 05, 2014  4:33 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: Uhm... If she had an iPhone and the money to use it, she definitely wasn't poor. If she had 4 children to feed, where were they? I'm afraid, she tricked you.

In cases like that the best thing might be to buy her a little something to eat (a bun with cheese or whatever, anything not too expensive) and give it to her. Then you can see how she reacts and you don't spend more money than neccesary, because 5 pounds is not very modest... And quite a lot to ask for. If she is really poor, she'll be 100% satisfied and grateful.

Something similar happened to me yesterday, only the man didn't ask for money or anything but was just sitting on the street wearing a light coat (it was 1 degree Celsius yesterday!) and I bought him a donut and gave it to him. He was absolutely speechless and so darn grateful that he even spoke a short prayer for me. XD

I wanted to get her something cheap like a bun or pasties that would cost a pound for two but she didn't want then, she wanted milk (×2), cereal (×2), nappies (diapers if you will), bread and other things. I only bought her one cereal box and one bottle of milk which costed £2.50. I swear she kept following me and begging constantly until I finally told her I will get her food.

The worst thing is that she would call me a 'handicapped girl' behind my back thinking I wouldn't hear (even though I did). I found her really offensive to handicapped people because that was not nice, I'm not even handicapped or anything but people happen to be handicapped so what she called me behind my back was uncalled for. How did she think I was handicapped anyway? Is she saying I'm mentally handicapped? If she was then I'd probably be angry at her because I have a cousin who is mentally handicapped so I would have yelled at her if I could...but I didn't.
We have a lot of fake beggars in my town as well. They usually stand outside of a specific shopping centers and ask people for money claiming they're homeless, yet wearing nice clothes. I don't know about where you guys live, but at least where I'm at they're just asking for drug money (My area has a really bad drug problem).

When somebody asks for money for food and we have some to spare, we don't give it to them but we do offer to buy them some food. They always turn it down though, which is an easy way to tell if they actually needed the food or not.
Weird? Yeah they are probably up for money.

My town fake beggars are just plain greedy and possibly jobless and this is their poor excuse of "earning" money, even though it's stealing in a way.
Yeah most of the fake beggars where i live are drug addicts, some are also just like jinbee said, too lazy to get a job
Personally, I don't really care if there are homeless people that use the money for drugs or whatever, it's the thought that counts so you should give money to the homeless. It's your intention from you as a person that counts!
(Dec. 05, 2014  7:50 PM)LMAO Wrote: Personally, I don't really care if there are homeless people that use the money for drugs or whatever, it's the thought that counts so you should give money to the homeless. It's your intention from you as a person that counts!

I understand where you're coming from, but just me personally if I give someone money to help them I don't want it to be used to dig themselves deeper into the hole they're already in.
Hello LMAO?! What if they weren't really poor but just want free food from you?! If people were actually poor then I'd be more then happy to give money but if they were just liars who call me a "handicapped girl" (which did happen to me) then I would only give little amount of money at best and none at worst.
When I was a bit younger I'd go downtown a lot, and I'd always give money to those that looked like they needed it. I have ten dollars to a man with a messed up leg and his face was priceless. He was so happy and he thanked me, and it felt good knowing I had helped. But as a general rule of thumb, if you're in areas where people would just use the money to buy drugs or alcohol, like someone said, offer to buy them food.
(Dec. 05, 2014  11:19 PM)Dual Wrote: When I was a bit younger I'd go downtown a lot, and I'd always give money to those that looked like they needed it. I have ten dollars to a man with a messed up leg and his face was priceless. He was so happy and he thanked me, and it felt good knowing I had helped. But as a general rule of thumb, if you're in areas where people would just use the money to buy drugs or alcohol, like someone said, offer to buy them food.

Thats what I usually do. I would happily give money if they needed it but that woman I encountered was probably going for free food. Unless she brung an IPhone charger and somehow found a socket, she had an almost fully charged IPhone which was in good conditions meaning she can pay her bills but not buy food for her family. She might not have even been poor and you would MOST LIKELY disagree with everything I said but I have been told by people that she might just want free food and she wasn't really poor. I don't mind giving money to the poor or to the homeless, I am always welcome to charities but when its some woman that was just pretending to be poor AND called me a "handicapped girl" behind my back then I would not be happy about that even though I payed £2.50 (I dunno how much that would be in US Dollars) worth of food for her. She barely thanked me and actually wanted more even though I didn't bring much money (which I needed to buy some breakfast with)...and no, I shouldn't have brung more money because I didn't know there was going to be fake beggars around.

I could have paid £2.50 or more money to someone who was ACTUALLY poor and homeless but then there comes a faker who only wanted free food even though she had some money herself.
I don't disagree at all. I don't have an iPhone, and I'm not poor, so unless she stole it and somehow found a way to charge it, that's definitely suspicious.
(Dec. 06, 2014  12:17 AM)Dual Wrote: I don't disagree at all. I don't have an iPhone, and I'm not poor, so unless she stole it and somehow found a way to charge it, that's definitely suspicious.

Definitely. I could have helped someone who was actually poor and actually needed food or money but this woman abused my trust and I really hope she wasn't lying even though I have had reports she probably was.
It's unfortunate that there are people who will (make a pathetic attempt to) masquerade as someone who is poor in order to get money from people that might possibly have less than they do, and it's also unfortunate that only the most generous people suffer due to this.
Hey, if it helps people, if they need it or not, I'd gladly help someone. Unless they wanted something very valuable, say my phone, then no way. XD
It wouldn't help them if it was for drugs or alcohol.
I didn't mean if they needed it for drugs or alcohol. Like money for a phone or something.
(Dec. 06, 2014  1:10 AM)Echizen Wrote: I didn't mean if they needed it for drugs or alcohol. Like money for a phone or something.
I mean, if they're on the streets, a phone shouldn't be their primary concern. If it is, then there are more deserving people for my money.