Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

I burned my tongue eating a chicken pot pie... now it feels all weird

It was definitely worth it though, that pie was great XD
I really should get this haunted fax machine checked out....it's currently unplugged, but when it was plugged in it kept ringing randomly, funny thing is, it is not hooked up to a phone line
You actually could get famous. Tape it, distort the quality and add creepy music, make a story on how it's slowly making you insane, and you got yourself a Creepypasta story.
...and if the Creepy Pasta gets popular... Make a video game about it
(Nov. 19, 2014  12:46 AM)PhoenixStar Wrote: I really should get this haunted fax machine checked out....it's currently unplugged, but when it was plugged in it kept ringing randomly, funny thing is, it is not hooked up to a phone line

Lol,definately make a video and post it here....I'll watch it in tne middle of the night...
Ok, what's wring with people? Christmas music, Christmas commercials, Christmas products.

This would all be fine and dandy if it weren't a couple weeks before thanksgiving. If this keeps up, thanksgiving will disappear and serve as a gateway to Christmas, which would be kind of pathetic. Seriously, can't companies and radio stations just wait until at least thanksgiving is over, or until December begins? Maybe? The classic case of a nice holiday turned into a petty commercial tug of war between companies. Sorry, rant over.

Bah humbug.
I don't know for USA but the first november, one day after Halloween, there was already Christmas commercials on TV. I'm disgusted of Christmas.
November? German stores were already selling chocolate santas in the middle of September! THAT´S weird! XD I´d be glad if they could at least wait until November...
I don't watch much TV these days, and I use AdBlock so I don't see ads online so any ads that I do see are in passing when other people are watching TV. But even with the little bit of ads that I see I can already say it's mostly been about Black Friday deals. It seems like most stores aren't even waiting until midnight anymore, they're starting their sales on Thanksgiving evening. It's just sad, really.

I get that it's mostly a commercial holiday now, but Christmas steals means something to a lot of people and I find it quite disgusting how the retail industry treats the holiday. Even if you're not Christian or Catholic, a lot of people find that Christmas is a nice time to spend with family. You used to be able to do that on Thanksgiving too, but now because of all of the "sales" so many people have to work.

And for that matter the sales aren't even sales. Sure, they'll pull a stunt like giving $100 off a PS4, they'll say there's only 6 in the store and then a crowd of people will fight over those 6 (And somebody always gets trampled and dies because of this!) But go back the next day and I promise you that the PS4 would be back in stock despite there only being 6. It's the Blue Ocean strategy, making you think it's so in demand that you'll fight for it.
(Nov. 19, 2014  2:14 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: I don't know for USA but the first november, one day after Halloween, there was already Christmas commercials on TV. I'm disgusted of Christmas.

I noticed that too. My dad had a football game on or something, and all of a sudden Christmas music starts playing. After a few moments I realize it's coming from a TV ad, and I just think, "Seriously? Christmas ads already?"

srsly ad people at least wait until after thanksgiving kthxbai
(Nov. 19, 2014  2:14 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: I don't know for USA but the first november, one day after Halloween, there was already Christmas commercials on TV. I'm disgusted of Christmas.

Whoa,seriously?! Chocked_2
I remember when I was working at WalMart, we were getting what we called Blitz merchandise around or before September....and this was before WalMart broke the golden rule of opening on Thanksgiving Day....stores NEVER used to open on Thanksgiving Day!
Now the meaning of Thanksgiving is destroyed; Being thankful for living in the US has now morphed to falcon punching and pepper spraying anyone who comes near their Xbox One. Eh, welcome to the 21st century of America, where it's honorable to be as fat as a refrigerator.
Ive been seeing christmas commercials for like a month now, and i think i saw some christmas stuff at wegmans grocery but it wasnt like ads or anything just stuff like decorations. But i will say while i agree that the country focuses too much on consumerism, i dont agree that its ruining the purity of thanksgiving and christmas because the holidays had none to begin with...
I meant like Greece it's economy sucks and it's small. Just forget the 'other' part.
Can't base statements off one example. Look at Switzerland, Kuwait, UAE, etc.
I didn't mean every small country.
Yeah, I know. but it sounded kinda stereo typical at first, and people living in smaller countries might have found it offensive.

Whatever though. Let's just start a new topic.
Today, I'm a printer. I've done 6 3 paragraph essays on World War 1, and read 2 chapters of The Great Gatsby, did 59 word definitions, 8 study questions, and I still have to work on my missing Spanish work. All in 3 hours... I'm tired.
(Nov. 22, 2014  4:30 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Today, I'm a printer. I've done 6 3 paragraph essays on World War 1, and read 2 chapters of The Great Gatsby, did 59 word definitions, 8 study questions, and I still have to work on my missing Spanish work. All in 3 hours... I'm tired.

I'm assuming you had alll that for a school? Even the definitions?
Word definitions are NOT fun to type lol. I pity you today ownagederp
Thing is, it's just 25% through this. I still have to finish the damn book, fill in 20 blanks that revolve around difficult parts of the book, and on the day we come back, 5 paragraph essay that will determine if I fail or pass even though I'm passing the class. And that's just the English class. Welcome to High School.
I don't know what's going on with my highschool experience. Throughout my three years I have averaged fifteen minutes of homework per night (actually, that's a lie, it's way lower since I isually don't do any homework at home), and I study 45 minutes for my finals combined, and I was on B honour roll last year and A the year before that. Weird thing is, a lot of my friends share a lot of classes with me and complain about hours of homework. I'm not complaining though.
I almost never have homework. I suppose I could spend a bit more time on studying but the only homework I have is occasionally when I don't finish a lesson for math or on Thursdays I have to do vocabulary.
Ooh boy. I was listening to the radio this afternoon and there was a giveaway for roses for someone's "special person" The winner asked for two dozen rather than one, when the announcer asked why- he said they were for two people. He explained that one was for this 7-month pregnant wife and the other for his "side girl". He started dating the "side girl" after his wife started to become cranky, tired, etc. Suddenly, another caller picked up and it was his wife on the line. She started crying and yelling at the guy, before he hung up. They took the caller off the air to talk to her privately and put a commercial on.

I was pretty shocked and I'm assuming this was a prank. I mean, pretty coincidental and that the guy would be stupid enough to call from the home phone, where the wife could easily hear him and pick up the other line.

If it wasn't, man, that guy got what was coming for him.