Questions about the WBO

Hey, just checking if you've managed to find the flyer templates. Is it more like create your own flyer or do you do them for us?

Need a general WBO one and a specific upcoming tournament one.
(Jul. 04, 2019  3:43 AM)Barreto Wrote: Hey, just checking if you've managed to find the flyer templates. Is it more like create your own flyer or do you do them for us?

Need a general WBO one and a specific upcoming tournament one.

Hey Barreto, I just found the one we used several years ago for BEYBLADE NORTH 2016. It has some event-specific stuff on it and I can't find the source file, but I may be able to edit it out ... give me a couple days and I'll let you know if I'm able to do that.
(Jul. 05, 2019  2:37 AM)Kei Wrote: Hey Barreto, I just found the one we used several years ago for BEYBLADE NORTH 2016. It has some event-specific stuff on it and I can't find the source file, but I may be able to edit it out ... give me a couple days and I'll let you know if I'm able to do that.

Thanks for letting me know. Hope you can work something out.
So I was just scrolling down to see who’s online because nobody was seeming to be active, but when I scrolled down, I saw a few users were online but something named AppleBot has always been there. I don’t know since when, but I’ve seen it a couple of times, but never asked about it.

[Image: B7051-D48-16-EB-4687-8-F6-B-C15437-D0703-F.jpg]

And whenever I click on it to see who it is, it takes me to my own page. It has the color of a banned user, but it’s not a user at all, so I’m just curious on what that is.
(Jul. 08, 2019  7:35 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: So I was just scrolling down to see who’s online because nobody was seeming to be active, but when I scrolled down, I saw a few users were online but something named AppleBot has always been there. I don’t know since when, but I’ve seen it a couple of times, but never asked about it.

[Image: B7051-D48-16-EB-4687-8-F6-B-C15437-D0703-F.jpg]

And whenever I click on it to see who it is, it takes me to my own page. It has the color of a banned user, but it’s not a user at all, so I’m just curious on what that is.

This is bot. You should not worry about it.

Why cadney, Blader DJ and Bae Master is currently in Committee. They are so inactive and what meaning is hold them in committee??
whats the max file size for a profile pic? I'm trying to replace mine with a gif.
Heyyo

My question is this...

What happened to the WBO Youtube channel?
I mean... in the past year they only uploaded 2 videos... is it still active? Is there a problem with obtaining video from tournaments?
I was jus wondering cuz I extremely enjoyed those tournament videos and if it wasn’t for the WBO channel... I wouldn’t have thought of being here on this forum. For it was the WBO YouTube channel,
(along with other channels...) that inspired me to return to Beyblade
(Jul. 10, 2019  8:05 PM)boigamer25 Wrote: whats the max file size for a profile pic? I'm trying to replace mine with a gif.

500 KB
So, I applied to become an Organizer a few weeks ago and this question just hit me today. I wanted to know if an Organizer can make an unranked tournament with an experimental format. I think it would be interesting, especially when it comes to making potential formats for the future, even if they stay unranked. If this is possible, I’d definitely like to test out a 2v2 format and a very early iteration of Burst Limited. Of course, I’d have to make the rulebooks for them, but that’s part of the fun.
Also, I was wondering if my Organizer’s Quiz is being reviewed or if it’s still on the waiting list.
Well, I guess I’ll ask something else while all of North America is still awake and hopefully someone with the knowledge to answer the above questions can do that. Are the people that review the quizzes the same people that process the tournament results?
Hi random question about tournament fees. So, what is it for exactly? I saw someone say that it's to reimburse the tournament organizer for the prizes. Is that all it is? I was just checking since I'm planning on starting a tourney soon and I've been wondering what the fee was for for a while.
(Jul. 14, 2019  7:10 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: What happened to the WBO Youtube channel?
I mean... in the past year they only uploaded 2 videos...  is it still active? Is there a problem with obtaining video from tournaments?
I was jus wondering cuz I extremely enjoyed those tournament videos and if it wasn’t for the WBO channel... I wouldn’t have thought of being here on this forum. For it was the WBO YouTube channel,
(along with other channels...) that inspired me to return to Beyblade

With regards to the tournament videos: I edit most of the videos you see posted on there lately. The simple answer is that I shifted my focus. As our events began to get larger and larger it became harder to host/judge while also shooting a quality video and easier to shoot photos and then write tournament reports afterwards.

That being said, I've been thinking lately that maybe more people enjoy the tournament videos over reports. So, while I cannot do it all the time, I will try to do more videos from time to time now. I actually shot one yesterday at HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 11, so please look forward to that! And you'll also be happy to know that I do have footage for over a dozen tournaments in my archives dating back to 2014, so if I find the time someday ... you'll see those!

For videos shot by others, it is difficult to not only obtain the video, but have it edited in the way we want it to be edited as well ... several have done it in the past, but it's a difficult thing to manage for me when I also have so many other things to worry about with regards to the WBO. And it's hard to find the right people who can manage it by themselves.

We even have issues getting people to submit a few photos from their events for our social media pages. It's an issue we're aware of and will hopefully fix soon with a stronger and larger social media team.

And TrainiacJ and I were in a pretty good rhythm when we first started putting out the Beyblade Review videos, but I believe he got busy and hasn't been able to dedicate time to it lately. The process we had was good, but it also could have used another set of hands; I reviewed and edited the scripts for them, but that's something which could be handled by someone else if we found the right person.

In any case, thank you for asking. It makes me happy to hear that you enjoy the videos!

(Jul. 14, 2019  10:23 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: So, I applied to become an Organizer a few weeks ago and this question just hit me today. I wanted to know if an Organizer can make an unranked tournament with an experimental format. I think it would be interesting, especially when it comes to making potential formats for the future, even if they stay unranked. If this is possible, I’d definitely like to test out a 2v2 format and a very early iteration of Burst Limited. Of course, I’d have to make the rulebooks for them, but that’s part of the fun.
Also, I was wondering if my Organizer’s Quiz is being reviewed or if it’s still on the waiting list.

OldSchool™, Wombat, or The Supreme One would be the ones to ask about the status of your quiz, but as for your question about experimental/unranked events: you would need to get prior approval from the Organized Play team in your event proposal before doing it. We're certainly looking to add more format options in the future, but don't have rulesets set for them yet.

(Jul. 15, 2019  9:49 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Are the people that review the quizzes the same people that process the tournament results?

Yes. Although, Committee helps with that too sometimes. And only Committee can award Bits currently.

(Jul. 16, 2019  3:29 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Hi random question about tournament fees. So, what is it for exactly? I saw someone say that it's to reimburse the tournament organizer for the prizes. Is that all it is? I was just checking since I'm planning on starting a tourney soon and I've been wondering what the fee was for for a while.

All tournaments are currently free to enter temporarily, but yes, tournament prize reimbursement is one of the uses. We also use them for paying our server costs to keep the site online, to develop new features for the website, to pay for event materials/signage, and to do giveaways in the community.
Ok, cool. Thanks!
Hi, so I was wondering. In the 10th anniversary of the WBO everyone gets a 10th anniversary bit. But I haven't seen many people with it. Are they still being added to their profiles?
(Jul. 21, 2019  4:48 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Hi, so I was wondering. In the 10th anniversary of the WBO everyone gets a 10th anniversary bit. But I haven't seen many people with it. Are they still being added to their profiles?

Only members who fit the criteria we defined to earn it received the Anniversary Bit 2018: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-10th-An...pid1510270
How do you use the search option? I know where it is but I can't figure out how to work it(although I'm sure it's super simple and I'm just dumb) so help please
(Jul. 22, 2019  3:23 PM)Spriggan 2.0 Wrote: How do you use the search option? I know where it is but I can't figure out how to work it(although I'm sure it's super simple and I'm just dumb) so help please

Press “More”, then press Search. Smile
Thats not what I meant. I don't understand how to use it. Like fill it out. you know
(Jul. 22, 2019  3:26 PM)Spriggan 2.0 Wrote: Thats not what I meant. I don't understand how to use it. Like fill it out. you know

Oh, sorry. In the top left thing to fill out, pick Thread or Post. After you pick that, just type in some words to a post or some words to the thread title.
What are “Eternals”?
(Jul. 25, 2019  4:35 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: What are “Eternals”?

We are a race of immortal beings sent here by the Celestials to defend the Earth. We have lived among humanity and shaped its history and civilizations for millennia. Be on the look out for our upcoming movie slated for theaters next year.

(Jul. 25, 2019  5:57 PM)Angry Face Wrote:

We are a race of immortal beings sent here by the Celestials to defend the Earth. We have lived among humanity and shaped its history and civilizations for millennia. Be on the look out for our upcoming movie slated for theaters next year.

I knew someone would reference Marvel Joyful_3. ThanksSmile.
(Jul. 25, 2019  5:57 PM)Angry Face Wrote:

Is it still possible to get?