Questions about the WBO

(Dec. 11, 2014  2:33 AM)Shido-kun Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2014  2:32 AM)BURGER KING Wrote: I didn't add that in my GFX thread... Does anyone else see it?

Which one?

The person with the bandana and the Japanese writing. Anyone wanna translate the writing?
(Dec. 11, 2014  2:34 AM)BURGER KING Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2014  2:33 AM)Shido-kun Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2014  2:32 AM)BURGER KING Wrote: I didn't add that in my GFX thread... Does anyone else see it?

Which one?

The person with the bandana and the Japanese writing. Anyone wanna translate the writing?

Hmm...Wizard might be able to..
Or Kai-V. I'll go ahead and delete it from the thread. It seems to be a tiny pic malfunction since that URL shows up as that photo anywheres you post it. It's Jinbee's avatar's link.
(Dec. 11, 2014  2:37 AM)BURGER KING Wrote: Or Kai-V. I'll go ahead and delete it from the thread. It seems to be a tiny pic malfunction since that URL shows up as that photo anywheres you post it. It's Jinbee's avatar's link.
Yeah, that's happened to me before. Random Minecraft image started showing up in something I posted. Had to get a new URL.
(Dec. 11, 2014  3:12 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2014  2:37 AM)BURGER KING Wrote: Or Kai-V. I'll go ahead and delete it from the thread. It seems to be a tiny pic malfunction since that URL shows up as that photo anywheres you post it. It's Jinbee's avatar's link.
Yeah, that's happened to me before. Random Minecraft image started showing up in something I posted. Had to get a new URL.

Actually that happened to me last month in TSO's forum...a guy in a hood with a flashlight in the rain replaced my Ul Quiorra drawing...
Can anybody tell me that , why this user has been banned ?
(Dec. 12, 2014  5:01 PM)Cup Wrote: Can anybody tell me that , why this user has been banned ?

OMG everyone keeps asking this... Just read a few pages back of this thread and you'll get your answer.
Yes, how do you vote three times?

[Image: mmdh60.jpg]

Because I certainly can't do it.
It is actually very easy because the poll in that thread is check boxes, not single-answer bullets.
Oops my mistake, but the poll didn't make sense as it was asking for an opinion, and asking for more than one opinion is pretty pointless isn't it?
(Dec. 15, 2014  12:21 AM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: Oops my mistake, but the poll didn't make sense as it was asking for an opinion, and asking for more than one opinion is pretty pointless isn't it?

Yes it is, but deciding what kind of poll it is (multiple vote, private or public) is under the thread starter's discretion Smile
Since I've now been asked maybe 10 times about what it takes to become an advanced member I thought I'd drop my stock answer in here: It's a lot about longevity and offering unique content, perspective and knowledge to the community.
I wouldn't trust someone with that many Cancer faces.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, I wouldn't trust someone with that many gorgeous locks of hair.
We're having an event at Anime North 2015? First; what is that. Second; what will be going on? Third; would it be worth flying/driving up there? Lastly; when is it?
It's a huge tournament at an anime convention in Toronto, Canada.
(Dec. 25, 2014  6:11 AM)FlyingWaffle Wrote: We're having an event at Anime North 2015? First; what is that. Second; what will be going on? Third; would it be worth flying/driving up there? Lastly; when is it?
The Anime North event is the big WBO tournament of the year and usually takes place at the end of May. It's really just a series of tournaments in different formats, but most people would say it's worth it because it's the largest event of the year with players coming from all over North America. Additionally, in recent years qualifiers have been held in which the winners received a free trip up to the event, so if you're not sure whether you can afford the flight, hosting a qualifier is always an option.
One problem with the qualifiers: Nobody from CA ever goes due to some unforeseen circumstance. I almost won the CA qualifier and could have broke the streak, but my Meteo L Drago F230CF failed me. I don't think I'd be able to go in a plane though, my family has an intense fear of flying, you should see me on a roller coaster to see how I am. A little off topic, sorry.
(Dec. 25, 2014  10:43 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: One problem with the qualifiers: Nobody from CA ever goes due to some unforeseen circumstance. I almost won the CA qualifier and could have broke the streak, but my Meteo L Drago F230CF failed me. I don't think I'd be able to go in a plane though, my family has an intense fear of flying, you should see me on a roller coaster to see how I am. A little off topic, sorry.

I don't think I'll be able to find 8 people for a qualifier in Texas. T_T

How do they work? Like a normal tourney?
Qualifiers do work like a regular tournament for the bigger part, especially considering that anybody can enter, but the last match to determine the event winner has a special format, notably with five rounds I believe, and you count the number of rounds won in that particular BeyBattle.
(Dec. 25, 2014  8:41 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Dec. 25, 2014  6:11 AM)FlyingWaffle Wrote: We're having an event at Anime North 2015? First; what is that. Second; what will be going on? Third; would it be worth flying/driving up there? Lastly; when is it?
The Anime North event is the big WBO tournament of the year and usually takes place at the end of May. It's really just a series of tournaments in different formats, but most people would say it's worth it because it's the largest event of the year with players coming from all over North America. Additionally, in recent years qualifiers have been held in which the winners received a free trip up to the event, so if you're not sure whether you can afford the flight, hosting a qualifier is always an option.

Kansas City qualifier. There, I win.

I am so lonely.
While we're on the topic, are there any speculated dates for the qualifiers or AN?
(Dec. 25, 2014  7:48 PM)Wombat Wrote: While we're on the topic, are there any speculated dates for the qualifiers or AN?

I haven't even thought about what we'll be doing for AN yet next year beyond potentially doing Team Format. Smile Planning should start in the next month or two ...
(Dec. 25, 2014  7:48 PM)Wombat Wrote: While we're on the topic, are there any speculated dates for the qualifiers or AN?

AN itself is scheduled for the weekend of May 22nd to the 24th.

Not too sure if we'll have tournaments the whole Friday to Sunday, though.
Hey, sorry for the double post, although I got a pretty obvious solution from TSO's forum, preventing others from making one word posts. How about, there can be a word minimum of two words per posts? Any way something like that would be able to get added to the WBO, out of curiosity? I'd say it's pretty smart!