Proposal: Rule Change Hasbro Stadium

I want to propose a rule change for Hasbro Only Burst Format: Allow Epic Rivals Beystadium

In my opinion it is not consequent to allow only a TT standard beystadium in the "Hasbro only" Format. Lets take a look at the requirements for a tournament suited stadium:

1. It should be circular (oval stadiums give advantage to stamina beys): check

2. The central battle area should be big enough for tornado stalling: check. Its bigger than the standard Hasbro stadium (blue one) and just an half inch smaller than the TT stadium (i dont have exact data, mabye someone can have a look)

3. Launching should be comfortably possible for 2 players: check. In this point its superior to TT stadium cause it's roofless.

4. It should have pits for ringouts: check. Of course the beys can jump out of the pocket again, but there already exists a rule that sais "out is out".

This rule change would give many people who want to organize or only participate in tournaments better chances, both in supplying easy accessible stadiums and in practicing. In Europe, imported products from Asia get often lost in the Tax Control Stations (for me 2 out of 5 TT bey orders). And there are people who don't want to buy a TT stadium if they already got 4 different Hasbro Stadiums.

And: There would be (hopefully) Hasbro Only Tournaments again (which wasnt the case the last 2 years).
Will there be any reaction? Please chose 1 answer:

A. Thank You. The WBO will check Your proposal.
B. We do not like You. Go away.
C. We are all busy. Check this topic in 3 weeks again.
D. TT pays us for not discussing with Hasbro Fans.
(Dec. 04, 2019  8:59 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Will there be any reaction? Please chose 1 answer:

I think the only problem with Hasbro stadiums are that their pockets are too small for effective KOs on larger beyblades, and sometimes the ridged floor gets in the way of attack beys movement patterns. If Hasbro stadiums are allowed, I think it would boost the strength of many already powerful layers such as Judgment and Zwei. Combos like Judgment Diabolos Sting Quick Dash would suddenly become much less viable than they currently are, since they would be unable to KO many of the newer beyblades. Stationary attack/ Burst attack would see a huge jump in popular, because, with the absence of KOs, they would be able to effortlessly burst their opponents, scoring two points as opposed to one for a KO. This is a cool idea, but unfortunately most likely will not be considered in the near future.
(Dec. 04, 2019  9:16 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2019  8:59 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Will there be any reaction? Please chose 1 answer:

I think the only problem with Hasbro stadiums are that their pockets are too small for effective KOs on larger beyblades, and sometimes the ridged floor gets in the way of attack beys. If Hasbro stadiums are allowed, I think it would boost the strength of many already powerful layers such as Judgment and Zwei. This is a cool idea, but unfortunately most likely will not be considered in the near future.
He meant for Hasbro only format.
(Dec. 04, 2019  9:17 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2019  9:16 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: I think the only problem with Hasbro stadiums are that their pockets are too small for effective KOs on larger beyblades, and sometimes the ridged floor gets in the way of attack beys. If Hasbro stadiums are allowed, I think it would boost the strength of many already powerful layers such as Judgment and Zwei. This is a cool idea, but unfortunately most likely will not be considered in the near future.
He meant for Hasbro only format.

lol. That’s why you have to read carefully! But, from what I said before, opposite spin bearing would dominate the format, thanks to KO attackers being unable to knock out the bearing combos, and the bearing combo would inevitably OS the X, Hn, Z, A combo.
E. Your idea does not adequately address the bigger picture issues. You can post your idea, but you are not guaranteed to or entitled to a response.

Stadium standardization ensures that there is no differences in bladers of equal rank due to stadium variations. This proposed Beystadium has 4 small pockets instead of 3 large ones, and a greater likelihood that someone will launch directly into a pocket.

Let me draw an analogy for you: What if we allow Major League Baseball stadiums to have 5 bases, in a Star pattern? Do you see how having some games on a traditional baseball diamond and others in the new star pattern within the same league might lead to issues?

A Beystadium is a one time sunk cost on an already expensive hobby; issues with your regional mail system are out of our hands.

I choose B. Jk.
(Dec. 04, 2019  10:51 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: E. Your idea does not adequately address the bigger picture issues. You can post your idea, but you are not guaranteed to or entitled to a response.

Stadium standardization ensures that there is no differences in bladers of equal rank due to stadium variations. This proposed Beystadium has 4 small pockets instead of 3 large ones, and a greater likelihood that someone will launch directly into a pocket.

Let me draw an analogy for you: What if we allow Major League Baseball stadiums to have 5 bases, in a Star pattern? Do you see how having some games on a traditional baseball diamond and others in the new star pattern within the same league might lead to issues?

A Beystadium is a one time sunk cost on an already expensive hobby; issues with your regional mail system are out of our hands.

But here's the thing, because this is a completely different format from standard it can't really be compared to traditional baseball. Players would just simply have to adapt to the new stadium because of the new format. And for organizers who don't have a lot of competitive players in their area, a beyblade stadium may not be a one time cost. Although I do believe the chosen stadium was a bit poor, I do think this is a good idea. I feel that as of right now we need more organizers in more areas rather than all in few places. A change in stadiums might make it easier for people to become organizers and host Hasbro tournaments.
(Dec. 05, 2019  1:04 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2019  10:51 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: E. Your idea does not adequately address the bigger picture issues. You can post your idea, but you are not guaranteed to or entitled to a response.

But here's the thing, because this is a completely different format from standard it can't really be compared to traditional baseball. Players would just simply have to adapt to the new stadium because of the new format. And for organizers who don't have a lot of competitive players in their area, a beyblade stadium may not be a one time cost. Although I do believe the chosen stadium was a bit poor, I do think this is a good idea. I feel that as of right now we need more organizers in more areas rather than all in few places. A change in stadiums might make it easier for people to become organizers and host Hasbro tournaments.

The problem with this is as such.
The standard burst bey stadium is used for the same reason the standard bey stadium was used in the metal fight scene. Consistency.
Because everyone tournament uses the same stadium you can practice your launch and in each stadium it will perform as it did in practice.
If hasbro stadiums were allowed it would cause problems.
First of all the walls are not rounded so that changes behavior greatly.
Secondly, the pockets are too close to the tornado ridge which makes flower patterns more difficult because of the higher chance of a self knockout.
Finally the walls themselves. The shape makes the stadium too small and larger layers like Garuda G3 or Turbo Spryzen S4 might just bounce over the pit, which would not count as an out.
Hasbro stadiums are not made with competitive play in mind. The epic rivals stadium gives advantage to large stamina types and disadvantage to attack types because of its shape and size.
The TT standard burst bey stadium does not give any types any advantages therefore it is the only stadium suitable for tournament play.
Until Hasbro makes a stadium that is comparable to a TT stadium, tournaments will use the TT standard burst bey stadium.
(Dec. 06, 2019  4:04 AM)MWF Wrote:
(Dec. 05, 2019  1:04 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: But here's the thing, because this is a completely different format from standard it can't really be compared to traditional baseball. Players would just simply have to adapt to the new stadium because of the new format. And for organizers who don't have a lot of competitive players in their area, a beyblade stadium may not be a one time cost. Although I do believe the chosen stadium was a bit poor, I do think this is a good idea. I feel that as of right now we need more organizers in more areas rather than all in few places. A change in stadiums might make it easier for people to become organizers and host Hasbro tournaments.

The problem with this is as such.
The standard burst bey stadium is used for the same reason the standard bey stadium was used in the metal fight scene. Consistency.
Because everyone tournament uses the same stadium you can practice your launch and in each stadium it will perform as it did in practice.
If hasbro stadiums were allowed it would cause problems.  
First of all the walls are not rounded so that changes behavior greatly.
Secondly, the pockets are too close to the tornado ridge which makes flower patterns more difficult because of the higher chance of a self knockout.
Finally the walls themselves. The shape makes the stadium too small and larger layers like Garuda G3 or Turbo Spryzen S4 might just bounce over the pit, which would not count as an out.
Hasbro stadiums are not made with competitive play in mind. The epic rivals stadium gives advantage to large stamina types and disadvantage to attack types because of its shape and size.
The TT standard burst bey stadium does not give any types any advantages therefore it is the only stadium suitable for tournament play.
Until Hasbro makes a stadium that is comparable to a TT stadium, tournaments will use the TT standard burst bey stadium.

But if the beyblade stadium is the same for every Hasbro tournament, then it still keeps consistency, just use the stadium ment for Hasbro tournaments to practice in. All the other points are valid and I can't argue with it. But I think my point still stands. While making these decisions we should also keep things like accessibility in mind in order to help grow the community.
It is bs. The snake pit stadium could go thru too.
(Dec. 07, 2019  3:14 AM)YishYash Wrote: It is bs. The snake pit stadium could go thru too.

I agree. The snake pit stadium is a good choice for a stadium. But it's $60+ on Amazon...
(Dec. 07, 2019  3:14 AM)YishYash Wrote: It is bs. The snake pit stadium could go thru too.

The snake pit is so small, and you can't take off the top part since on TT stadiums you can't take off the walls. There is much little room causing miss launches.

TT has nothing to do with the WBO. It's just the stadium is too bad for a competitive format. The pockets are bad and the singular ridge design leads to self KOs and it's also smaller too, so that's an even bigger problem. Also the stadium set is basically impossible to find at least for me.
Ok, thank You. I understand the disadvantages of this stadium better now.

As a compromise, let's say we wait for Hasbro to release a better stadium for competitive environments.

I am still dreaming of a real Hasbro only Format.
This may be interesting but I’d like to point out that the Hasbro stadiums are spoofed and make the playing field a bit unfair. It still could work.
After finally getting my Epic Rivals Stadium, I have to revive this threat. I compared the stadium with the TT stadium.

I can clear up some prejudices:

1. Its smaller: No. The inner ring / playing area has exactly the same diameter: 23 centimeters. 

2. It has pits which give stamina types advantages: No. The center is not flattened like in the blue, red and orange Stadiums. 

3. It favors Stamina types because it leads to self knockouts: No. It doesn't have a second outer ridge like the TT stadium, but the holes are smaller; and this fact compensates for the missing outer ring.

So, I don't see a reason why in Hasbro Format one should use a TT stadium. It has great quality and does not need a lid (for me this is a small advantage because its easier to get the beys out again).

[Image: 20200424-072429.jpg]
(Apr. 24, 2020  6:30 AM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: After finally getting my Epic Rivals Stadium, I have to revive this threat. I compared the stadium with the TT stadium.

I can clear up some prejudices:

1. Its smaller: No. The inner ring / playing area has exactly the same diameter: 23 centimeters. 

2. It has pits which give stamina types advantages: No. The center is not flattened like in some other Hasbro Stadiums. 

3. It favors Stamina types because it leads to self knockouts: No. It doesn't have a second outer ridge like the TT stadium, but the holes are smaller, so this equalises the missing outer ring.

So, I don't see a reason why in Hasbro Format one should use a TT stadium.

[Image: 20200424-072429.jpg]

I think a good reason is the pockets. KO’s are harder to get in the Hasbro stadium because the pockets are smaller while in TT stadiums the pockets are larger. It would put combos that aim to KO opponents at a disadvantage.
You are right, the pockets are smaller. But: In the TT stadium a bey is often saved by the second / outer ridge. To get KO'd a bey has to be pushed over 2 ridges, in this Hasbro Stadium only over one. This should lead to a compensation.

But to confirm this theory, only long test sessions can offer a proof. I will do such tests as soon as I find time.
I do not think hasbro stadiums should be used. The pockets are easier to fall in and they beyblades jump back in. The stadiums are also pretty small.
We have to look at the facts: The stadium is not smaller. I thought this, too, cause everyone said "nono don't use Hasbruh". But I measured it out.

The Hasbro pockets are easier to fall in? Ok, the second ridge is missing, but the TT pockets are double the size. 1 to 1.

Jump out? Hmm okay, thats right. But if a bey manages to jump out, it lost a lot of spin and will lose with big probability.
Yes, you are correct! The inner diameter is the same but the second ridge adds a good bit of diameter. Plus, the lack of a second ridge is a really big deal. If you look at it straightforward like you are: the pockets are half the size with half the tornado ridges. This is true, but what if I told you that you aren't looking at it right. Ok, so imo, the second ridge makes it way more fair, not only does it make it harder for attack types to self KO, but it also can act as a last resort for defence types trying to hold on as the first ridge acts like a brake almost. And honestly the pocket size doesn't matter, it's all about that second ridge. It makes attack best surprising less consistent as one match it's a one hit KO and the next it's self KOing. Also, let's be real, you can't find these stadiums anyways. I really do understand your points, but I just think the TT stadium standard is best unless hasbro gits gud stadium wise.
Honestly, I'm sort of open to this. I mean, it's Hasbro format right? How often are those held? On top of that, it would actually make a Hasbro exclusive format interesting to me, seeing that the new stadium would mean new game play. I'm a big fan of playing on non-standard stadiums, they always offer something a little different. I'd be more inclined to participate in a Hasbro exclusive event if the game was shook up, but as it is now Hasbro format just feels like worse standard. Why play worse standard when you can play something unique instead?
Easier accessibility in an easy to access format. I don’t see the problem.
(Apr. 24, 2020  11:54 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: Honestly, I'm sort of open to this. I mean, it's Hasbro format right? How often are those held?

There has not been one held in around two years or so.