Proposal: Rule Change Hasbro Stadium

(Apr. 24, 2020  1:45 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  11:54 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: Honestly, I'm sort of open to this. I mean, it's Hasbro format right? How often are those held?

There has not been one held in around two years or so.

That right there could be the reason to shake up this format. An actual difference in the format besides the feeling that you're just using inferior beys might be what it needs to revitalize it.
I'm surprised that no one addressed these three issues:
1: The flat area around the main dish is very annoying. Your combo might end up there and slowly make its way into the pocket. If the combo somehow manages to hit the wall and bounce back on, it would obviously come with a loss of stamina. Stamina combos could also just stall there for a couple seconds when they're up against an Attack combo to almost guarantee victory. The current tournament Stadium does not favor Stamina Beys like that.
2: There's less surface area touching the ground, so the Stadium is more prone to moving around when a heavier combo is in battle with a mobile Tip.
3: This Stadium comes in a set, not on its own, and only has one release. People are more inclined to buy multiple copies of a Stadium that comes on its own than one that comes in a set. The Epic Rivals Battle Set costs twice as much as other Hasbro Stadiums and comes with two Beys and Launchers, so buying 3 of them means you'll get 3 copies of the same Bey, which kind of makes the increased price obsolete, especially for some outclassed parts.
Overall, I don't think the rule change would benefit the Hasbro only format. In fact, it might just make it more annoying to play.
(Apr. 24, 2020  12:58 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: Easier accessibility in an easy to access format. I don’t see the problem.
Well that is not even true. Epic rivals is way harder to find than the TT stadium.

(Dec. 05, 2019  1:04 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2019  10:51 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: E. Your idea does not adequately address the bigger picture issues. You can post your idea, but you are not guaranteed to or entitled to a response.

Stadium standardization ensures that there is no differences in bladers of equal rank due to stadium variations. This proposed Beystadium has 4 small pockets instead of 3 large ones, and a greater likelihood that someone will launch directly into a pocket.

Let me draw an analogy for you: What if we allow Major League Baseball stadiums to have 5 bases, in a Star pattern? Do you see how having some games on a traditional baseball diamond and others in the new star pattern within the same league might lead to issues?

A Beystadium is a one time sunk cost on an already expensive hobby; issues with your regional mail system are out of our hands.

But here's the thing, because this is a completely different format from standard it can't really be compared to traditional baseball. Players would just simply have to adapt to the new stadium because of the new format. And for organizers who don't have a lot of competitive players in their area, a beyblade stadium may not be a one time cost. Although I do believe the chosen stadium was a bit poor, I do think this is a good idea. I feel that as of right now we need more organizers in more areas rather than all in few places. A change in stadiums might make it easier for people to become organizers and host Hasbro tournaments.
But it's not even that different from the regular format. If it was like hypersphere format, I could see using the hasbro stadiums, but it's not. This is still the same beyblade, so it's not going to benefit from a different and objectively worse stadium.

(Apr. 24, 2020  1:53 PM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  1:45 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: There has not been one held in around two years or so.

That right there could be the reason to shake up this format. An actual difference in the format besides the feeling that you're just using inferior beys might be what it needs to revitalize it.
As someone who is trying to revitalize the hasbro format, it makes no sense to change up the stadium. Hasbro format isn't going to have any drastic rule changes from standard, so it doesn't need to have any drastic stadium changes either.
I’m personally against this for a few reasons:

The first being something that CitrusNinja3 said about the flat surface around the main dish.

And the second being the availability. The Epic Rival stadium is harder to get than a standard TT stadium, and it breaks a lot easier.
(Apr. 24, 2020  6:30 AM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: After finally getting my Epic Rivals Stadium, I have to revive this threat. I compared the stadium with the TT stadium.

I can clear up some prejudices:

1. Its smaller: No. The inner ring / playing area has exactly the same diameter: 23 centimeters. 

2. It has pits which give stamina types advantages: No. The center is not flattened like in the blue, red and orange Stadiums. 

3. It favors Stamina types because it leads to self knockouts: No. It doesn't have a second outer ridge like the TT stadium, but the holes are smaller; and this fact compensates for the missing outer ring.

So, I don't see a reason why in Hasbro Format one should use a TT stadium. It has great quality and does not need a lid (for me this is a small advantage because its easier to get the beys out again).

[Image: 20200424-072429.jpg]

I felt the same way about a year ago, but after going to a tournament and battling in a TT B-09, I noticed a huge difference: The tornado ridge. It's a lot thinner. Using the epic rivals stadium for tournament battles would make stamina types a very unsafe option, and I don't think people are going to like that.
So in conclusion, I don't support the unbanning of any hasbro stadium in any format. The TT stadium is an overall better option, and as previously said by CheetoBlader, bladekid, and CitrusNinja3, it's harder to get than a TT B-09 or B-33.
Personally, I think Hasbro formats should use Hasbro stadiums.

The epic rivals stadium seems perfect for Hasbro beys, which are (on average) much lighter and can be more prone to Bursts than their TT counterparts.

Let's be honest, we're not going to see Hypersphere and Slingshock drivers perform well even in the Burst Classic format. Why not give space for some of these more gimmicky parts to shine? Plus, Hasbro-only could be a fun format with a low barrier-of-entry for young kids without the means to import TT products.

Hopefully organizers can test Hasbro-only with Epic Rivals stadium as an unranked side-event when organizing tournaments become viable again.
(Apr. 24, 2020  9:39 PM)NAP Wrote: Personally, I think Hasbro formats should use Hasbro stadiums.

The epic rivals stadium seems perfect for Hasbro beys, which are (on average) much lighter and can be more prone to Bursts than their TT counterparts.

Let's be honest, we're not going to see Hypersphere and Slingshock drivers perform well even in the Burst Classic format. Why not give space for some of these more gimmicky parts to shine? Plus, Hasbro-only could be a fun format with a low barrier-of-entry for young kids without the means to import TT products.

Hopefully organizers can test Hasbro-only with Epic Rivals stadium as an unranked side-event when organizing tournaments become viable again.

Hasbro-only tournaments haven't happened in years, the chances of it being revived are unlikely.
Some hypersphere and slingshock drivers do really well in standard, and hypersphere drivers are banned in classic due to how much LAD they have.
(Apr. 24, 2020  9:39 PM)NAP Wrote: Let's be honest, we're not going to see Hypersphere and Slingshock drivers perform well even in the Burst Classic format.

Oof. HyperSphere Drivers are banned in Burst Classic. On something like Dragoon Fighter, it can beat several things. And SlingShock Drivers have placed in Classic tournaments before, things like Yard-S, Absorb-S, Eternal-S, etc.
(Apr. 24, 2020  9:39 PM)NAP Wrote: Personally, I think Hasbro formats should use Hasbro stadiums.

You realize the stadium is harder to get than a TT stadium, right?
(Apr. 24, 2020  9:46 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

You realize the stadium is harder to get than a TT stadium, right?

Really? I'm seeing ER Stadiums for 30-35 in stock

I'm seeing GT battle set for 99; SuperKing Battle set for 99
Standard Type Stadiums starting at 50+ 

(all in USD)
(Apr. 24, 2020  10:05 PM)NAP Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  9:46 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: You realize the stadium is harder to get than a TT stadium, right?

Really? I'm seeing ER Stadiums for 30-35 in stock

(all in USD)

That's mainly because TT has better quality. Price and rarity don't exactly go hand-in-hand in this situation, especially with the lack of demand for an Epic Rivals Battle Set.
(Apr. 24, 2020  10:17 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  10:05 PM)NAP Wrote: Really? I'm seeing ER Stadiums for 30-35 in stock

(all in USD)

That's mainly because TT has better quality. Price and rarity don't exactly go hand-in-hand in this situation, especially with the lack of demand for an Epic Rivals Battle Set.

Failing to see how TT Standard type is easier to acquire... 😂
(Apr. 24, 2020  10:41 PM)NAP Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  10:17 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: That's mainly because TT has better quality. Price and rarity don't exactly go hand-in-hand in this situation, especially with the lack of demand for an Epic Rivals Battle Set.

someone literally sells the B-09 stadiums for $27-30 on Ebay.
(Apr. 24, 2020  10:41 PM)NAP Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  10:17 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: That's mainly because TT has better quality. Price and rarity don't exactly go hand-in-hand in this situation, especially with the lack of demand for an Epic Rivals Battle Set.

Well, there's more than one release of the TT Stadium, both in sets and alone. There are probably more listing for TT Stadiums because more people want to sell something that's in high demand and because of the variety. Also, if we were talking about price=rarity, Walmart is selling the Epic Rivals Battle Set for $50 on the website and some sellers are charging $30 for a TT Stadium, so it's not even a consistent method.

How does any if this stuff have to do with using a worse stadium?
For everyone saying this isn't a good thing, I expect you guys to start organizing and attending Hasbro only tournaments. Otherwise you're just stepping on the toes of others.. right? If you hold one in NJ let me know, I'll give it a shot.
(Apr. 25, 2020  1:55 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: For everyone saying this isn't a good thing, I expect you guys to start organizing and attending Hasbro only tournaments. Otherwise you're just stepping on the toes of others.. right? If you hold one in NJ let me know, I'll give it a shot.
If it isn’t a good thing, then why would us organizers spend an entire afternoon, and possibly some money, hosting a Hasbro only tournament? That makes absolutely no sense. If you want results, then just test it.
You can host one now with the Takara standard. That's what I'm saying. At least be holding the tournaments instead of just shutting ideas out for a dead format.

Edit - Well, not now, Covid, but once this issue is resolved, then it could be hosted.
(Apr. 25, 2020  2:05 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: You can host one now with the Takara standard. That's what I'm saying. At least be holding the tournaments instead of just shutting ideas out for a dead format.
Hasbro only wouldn’t consist of many unique combos. tS4/aB3.0W/C.Br/Bl I-H would be very popular.
I'm so out of the loop on Hasbro I don't even know what those mean except for B3, because I own Balkesh. I'd still be a willing participant.
(Apr. 25, 2020  2:08 AM)Mr. Palazzo Wrote: I'm so out of the loop on Hasbro I don't even know what those mean except for B3, because I own Balkesh. I'd still be a willing participant.

tS4 is Turbo Spryzen S4
I decided to get #Fafnir to do some testing in the Epic Rivals Stadium, and me in the TT Standard stadium. Here are the results:

(May. 17, 2020  9:33 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I decided to get #Fafnir to do some testing in the Epic Rivals Stadium, and me in the TT Standard stadium. Here are the results:

Are those stock combos? If so, why put the more endgame beys (Master, Union) against some of the earliest releases in GT? (Ace, Judgement)
(May. 18, 2020  6:47 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(May. 17, 2020  9:33 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I decided to get #Fafnir to do some testing in the Epic Rivals Stadium, and me in the TT Standard stadium. Here are the results:

Are those stock combos? If so, why put the more endgame beys (Master, Union) against some of the earliest releases in GT? (Ace, Judgement)

Because we were just trying to prove that the Epic Rivals Hasbro Stadium yields different results than the Takara Tomy Standard Stadium, which makes the Epic Rivals Hasbro Stadium not plausible for competitive use as a stadium, even in a Hasbro-Only Format.
I noticed how there are more KOs in the Epic Rivals stadium, which from my experience using it, sounds about right with no second tornado ridge, and the first one being really easy to go over in the first place.