[Product]  Shadow Orichalcum Aero Bite/Orichalcum Outer Octa

(Sep. 15, 2017  5:06 PM)Mage Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2017  4:58 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Octo gives more outward weight, a major gimmick of this whole combo, but it's also low enough that it might scrape to stop the bey being KOed by extreme impacts. We don't know what the tip will actually be but, from this angle, it looks like an inverted ziggurat (topless pyramid)

IMO Octo doesn't give more outward weight
It's a driver that had a barrier like Press or Defense, it does really help with OWD due to it being so centered cause it's on a Driver.
It probably will have some good KO defense but since it's an octogon it'll hit the stadium harder when scraping, thus losing a lot of stamina.

However, according to the official introduction, there is a metal octogon part on this driver(perhaps hide inside the octagon disc).
I just realized that Outer looks like Flame from Flame Sagittario.
(Sep. 15, 2017  5:20 PM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2017  5:06 PM)Mage Wrote: IMO Octo doesn't give more outward weight
It's a driver that had a barrier like Press or Defense, it does really help with OWD due to it being so centered cause it's on a Driver.
It probably will have some good KO defense but since it's an octogon it'll hit the stadium harder when scraping, thus losing a lot of stamina.

However, according to the official introduction, there is a metal octogon part on this driver(perhaps hide inside the octagon disc).

All the more reason
So even more weight will be in the Driver thus making it like a thicc weight. The weight is still centered is basically what I'm saying
(Aug. 10, 2017  2:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote: [Image: 000731.png]

(Sep. 15, 2017  9:40 AM)marutti Wrote: [Image: IbUufE4.png]

Guess this confirms Shadow Orichalcum and Orichalcum are different? Interesting!
(Sep. 15, 2017  5:06 PM)Mage Wrote: IMO Octo doesn't give more outward weight

It gives more than another driver but, I agree, unless it has metal in like the description suggested, it will be little and, even if it does, the outside of the driver is the middle of everything else.

I expect it to be great for left spin defense, where spin equalisation counteracts the loss of stamina, so perhaps it's specifically octagonal to avoid OP LAD potential?

I still think light launched L-Drago Destructor 85 EWD was severely underrated. Not only was it effective scraping defense but, with Hasbro MW and TT clear wheel, it was also both light enough and low enough to be able to regain any lost spin solely from the grip nubs on an opponent's performace tip. This meant that it could spin steal from 230 height combos and 85 height ones alike and only seemed to particularly struggle with dedicated downward attack, other left spin beys and particularly good stamina types. The latter of which could sometimes be countered if you managed to launch in a way that temporarily jammed the free spinning part of the tip and made it move like an attack type.
I'm probably overhyping it but it seemed good in my quite thorough but utterly informal testing.
I'm just glad Oct isn't a Bearing tip. Can you imagine how awful it would be if the only best part in the game was restricted to a hard-to-get and otherwise expensive bey? Hahahaha.....tomic
(Sep. 16, 2017  2:18 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: I'm just glad Oct isn't a Bearing tip. Can you imagine how awful it would be if the only best part in the game was restricted to a hard-to-get and otherwise expensive bey? Hahahaha.....tomic

Yes, I totally agree with you... And actually this is predicatable since the driver-Assault on Amaterios is not a rubber flat tip, either...
It is easy to understand, if such useful (or even ultimate, I think) can be got by only a few people, the ones who got this part will have significant dominance among all bladers. Then it will be difficult to make the battle equal to everyone(Unless TT ban this part in official battle, which is even worse).

I hope we can have B: D on Deep Chaos or Screw Trident. XD
I've noticed that the Rare Bey Get layers are amazing for their type, but their disks and drivers are OK at best for their type. Assault being more or less a sub-in for Accel, Bite being a situational KO defense part which is mostly irrelevant in Burst, and now we have Octo, which might be a silly Metal gimmick as we've been speculating. All the disks are just lamer versions of existing disks, where Aero is like a hybrid between Spread and Boost, Bumper is just a worse Armed, and now Outer seems like a worse Ring.
(Aug. 14, 2017  6:23 AM)Kei Wrote: Won today! Took around 60 tries.

However, I've heard of others trying well over 100 times and not winning today ...

Decided to go for a second Orichalcum tonight. Over 200 mind-numbing tries later I ...

I bought it in 15000 yen and will upload video next week
Ωcta is currently the heaviest driver and is more than 13g...
(Sep. 16, 2017  1:53 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: Ωcta is currently the heaviest driver and is more than 13g...

Wait WUUUUT
Wow, there's gotta be a lot of metal in there for it to weigh 2x the weight of Iron. Where was this info from?
(Sep. 16, 2017  7:31 PM)Mage Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2017  1:53 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: Ωcta is currently the heaviest driver and is more than 13g...

Wait WUUUUT
Wow, there's gotta be a lot of metal in there for it to weigh 2x the weight of Iron. Where was this info from?
This pic is from my friend. He said this is from Twitter

[Image: 6df107a8gy1fjlzbmrl4aj20p00xc780.jpg]
Whoa, that's craaazy. It almost resembles a Beigoma top from below.
I didn't think it'd be that much metal! I thought Planet had a ridiculous weight too! I guess since they didn't make the Rare Get Bey layers the heaviest for it's time like they did for Amaterios and Bladur, they decided to make the driver heavy instead. Thankfully, it doesn't look like it'll be super great, as the tip is this steep diamond shape, plus I can tell the bottom heavy weight makes it easier to burst. I still don't get why heavy drivers are considered for stamina though, I mean there's Weight and Planet, but then there's Press and Defense. Both Press and Weight being bottom heavy. I wish I could get this driver but I simply can't.

It looks like Octo is unbalanced.
It seems that way so far, though I blame the fact that it's bottom heavy. Maybe with another layer it'll get more balance. It looks like the sides keep it from toppling over completely, though it seems only slightly above Edge for balance. I'm honestly hoping Octa sucks because the last thing we need is something that can create the Burst equivalent to Basalt Horogium and Burst already has enough balance issues and having good parts hard to get as it is.
Octa is this way because if you look at the bottom, it's kind of like a gemstone, and less like a wd. 

Alright. Get edge, make it wider, fill it in. Add a large amount of metal and an octagon shape. That is octa.

Speaking of which, I'm curious how it would act along with mG....
(Sep. 17, 2017  8:32 AM)xXSushiTrashXx Wrote: woah you are sooo lucky!

marutti paid about 150 USD for that
Wow! I love how Octa moves like Dranzer GT and the Beigoma reference is just awesome. Grin
(Sep. 17, 2017  7:38 AM)Sıon Wrote: Speaking of which, I'm curious how it would act along with mG....

Poorly. Maximum Garuda is weak to off axis hits that can gain traction on its layer by hitting it from above or below so such jittery motion would make it much easier to burst.
Do we know if octo will have any competitive use? I mean it is pretty heavy but I don't know since it's a diamond shape.