[Product]  Level Chips

(Jul. 03, 2018  11:24 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:09 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Umm. Two things, first don't post OWPs(one word posts) and second, yeah why? It does have a bit of impact on the Bey especially stamina types.

I keep forgetting that.

Nothing too big. Just try to remember next time...
(Jul. 04, 2018  6:32 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2018  11:24 PM)g2_ Wrote: I keep forgetting that.

Nothing too big. Just try to remember next time...

Ok ok. *Wink*
so how much better is a bey with a level chip than a one without it?
I've read around here that some Cho-z layers are somewhat unbalanced, and the level chip can even it out.

I believe the guy said the effect is negligible on same spin battles but in mirror matches the one with the chip would win.
[Image: 36776638_1510788685692705_64248194160551...e=5BAA9269]
if you are looking for a way to get level chip, there is a cheaper way!!!! In japan they include a yellow level chip with the new volume of the beyblade magazine!
lmk
Yeah it has to be so much more fun to collect in Japan. I'm sure if I could get the comic shipped here I would.

About 5 bucks for the comic and shipping a parcel like that from Japan is expensive so I guess it shouldn't be too bad.
(Jul. 07, 2018  1:36 PM)Dutchems Wrote: Yeah it has to be so much more fun to collect in Japan. I'm sure if I could get the comic shipped here I would.

About 5 bucks for the comic and shipping a parcel like that from Japan is expensive so I guess it shouldn't be too bad.

who cares what it costs in japan?

it’s about what it’s worth to you and what you are willing to pay.

at this point about US$30 for a level chip is worth it to me
considering they are WBO legal now

fwiw, if you don’t play in tournaments i wouldn't buy them

but i think TT is treating these more like strike god chips rather than metal god chips
i doubt they will ever be 3 for US$10, but who knows.
I ordered one from a guy in Osaka for like 24 bucks. I'm pretty sure hes just buying a stack of comics and redistributing them that way.

So 5$ about for the comic, about 10$ for shipping and 5 to 8$ tip for the effort.

Totally worth it imo.
If only there were more tournaments in the city I live in, San Francisco I would consider buying more competitive parts,,, plz if someone reads this start a tournament or something
(Jul. 07, 2018  2:35 PM)Shirobani02 Wrote: If only there were more tournaments in the city I live in, San Francisco I would consider buying more competitive parts,,, plz if someone reads this start a tournament or something

Do you have nearby Organizer, If no, be One
(Jul. 07, 2018  2:35 PM)Shirobani02 Wrote: If only there were more tournaments in the city I live in, San Francisco I would consider buying more competitive parts,,, plz if someone reads this start a tournament or something
Getting off topic but there is a thread for San Francisco tournaments, it somewhat can be called dead, so you can revive it. Hope you find people in your area soon!
(Jul. 07, 2018  11:20 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: cheapest i’ve found so far:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEYBLADE-BURST-...2749.l2649

masateru39's was posted some earlier and is still cheaper, but hey, you get a book with that one.
(Jul. 07, 2018  6:24 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2018  11:20 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: cheapest i’ve found so far:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEYBLADE-BURST-...2749.l2649

masateru39's was posted some earlier and is still cheaper, but hey, you get a book with that one.

$6 more for standard shipping with tracking (and the book)

that link you posted has economy shipping with no tracking from japan.
economy shipping from japan is a waste of life
(Jul. 07, 2018  6:30 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: $6 more for standard shipping with tracking (and the book)

Hmm, fair enough, didn't catch that detail. I'd rather get tracking myself, though I notice not everyone seems to feel the same.
(Jul. 07, 2018  6:51 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2018  6:30 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: $6 more for standard shipping with tracking (and the book)

Hmm, fair enough, didn't catch that detail. I'd rather get tracking myself, though I notice not everyone seems to feel the same.

masateru39 does use tracking, it's that the tracking finishes once it leaves Japan. I've never had a problem with this seller, buy from them frequently, and receive the "economy shipping" within four days tops. I've never had it take 2-4 weeks before. Not sure how they do it, but cheap shipping that quick? I'll never say no to that, haha, plus their customer service is excellent. 

Still understandable if people prefer to get the book and EMS shipping for peace of mind, just sharing my experiences with that particular seller.
I ordered from masateru as well, he emailed me after my order to make sure I understood it was a pre-order so he seems cool in my book.

Economy shipping overseas takes so long sometimes because they amass packages until the scheduled flight, I think. In cases like mainland China and Japan they ship a ton of stuff every day so it's more about how the air bound shipping lanes match up with land routes to distribution centers.

For a level chip tho, it's small enough to fit in a postage sized envelope and is light, so I would think it wouldn't be hindered by the same thinks box sized packages do.
(Jul. 07, 2018  7:49 PM)Dutchems Wrote: Economy shipping overseas takes so long sometimes because they amass packages until the scheduled flight, I think. In cases like mainland China and Japan they ship a ton of stuff every day so it's more about how the air bound shipping lanes match up with land routes to distribution centers.

For a level chip tho, it's small enough to fit in a postage sized envelope and is light, so I would think it wouldn't be hindered by the same thinks box sized packages do.

It also does depend if it's shipped as SAL (registered or unregistered) or Air Small Packet (upgraded version of SAL). SAL will take anywhere from 1-8 weeks depending on when they can get it on a plane whereas Air Small Packet tends to be marketed as 7 days, or 1-2 weeks on some sites. The latter usually arrives within a week for me. 

I'll update this post when masateru39's LC gets here for future reference.

Oops forgot about this, but it took 10 business days this time.
(Jul. 07, 2018  6:58 PM)sonyat Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2018  6:51 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Hmm, fair enough, didn't catch that detail. I'd rather get tracking myself, though I notice not everyone seems to feel the same.

masateru39 does use tracking, it's that the tracking finishes once it leaves Japan. I've never had a problem with this seller, buy from them frequently, and receive the "economy shipping" within four days tops. I've never had it take 2-4 weeks before. Not sure how they do it, but cheap shipping that quick? I'll never say no to that, haha, plus their customer service is excellent. 

Still understandable if people prefer to get the book and EMS shipping for peace of mind, just sharing my experiences with that particular seller.

i’ve ordered plenty of stuff from japan, “free” economy shipping never comes with tracking. if you say this one does, i guess i will have to take you at your word.
(Jul. 07, 2018  9:34 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i’ve ordered plenty of stuff from japan, “free” economy shipping never comes with tracking. if you say this one does, i guess i will have to take you at your word.

I import a lot too and I absolutely agree with you that many sellers offering free economy shipping don't use a service with tracking. Unregistered SAL is not a secure option, certainly not one I'd recommend or take if the seller specifies no tracking number. You're rightfully wary about it and EMS is preferable in general.

LCs are just so small that tacking on an additional $20-25 for EMS to get one LC is too much for me to personally do, unless I'm buying a batch of them. But hey, if you have the money for EMS? More power to you, that's awesome and it's always the best option when it's affordable. Smile
(Jul. 07, 2018  10:20 PM)sonyat Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2018  9:34 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i’ve ordered plenty of stuff from japan, “free” economy shipping never comes with tracking. if you say this one does, i guess i will have to take you at your word.

I import a lot too and I absolutely agree with you that many sellers offering free economy shipping don't use a service with tracking. Unregistered SAL is not a secure option, certainly not one I'd recommend or take if the seller specifies no tracking number. You're rightfully wary about it and EMS is preferable in general.

LCs are just so small that tacking on an additional $20-25 for EMS to get one LC is too much for me to personally do, unless I'm buying a batch of them. But hey, if you have the money for EMS? More power to you, that's awesome and it's always the best option when it's affordable. Smile

i just ordered some from your seller as well. 

might as well give it a go
thanks for the recommendation (and frostic for emphasizing)
Yeah, masateru39 is good! (That's actually one you recommended me before, RedPanda2. But their store has a different name to their username.)

I know there's EMS, air mail, SAL (no tracking), and DHL for Japan. eBay seems to make use of the first 3 usually. masateru39's page there only talks about air mail and EMS, so I overlooked that it said "economy" (because I know sellers like aicmini use that to mean SAL). But maybe they do mean air mail rather than SAL?

You could message the seller and double-check.
So I ordered the guide and translucent yellow level chip from Portal0, now I have to wait for it.
(Jul. 13, 2018  12:51 AM)ClearWing R34 Wrote: But think about it $25 for a tiny piece of plastic that improves the balance of the CHOU Z beys. I would rather buy a bey for $25

Right, you're speaking for yourself. You're talking to someone who spent over $200 for a Level Chip to get one of the first ones. And then I bought the blue one, the yellow one, and the guide I wanted happened to come with yet another one. I didn't buy them for the same reasons as most people, but I had my reasons to get them. (Though the last one wasn't intentional, haha.)

For some people, the Level Chip isn't worth it. But that doesn't apply to everyone. What's worth it or not worth it to you doesn't mean everyone else does or should feel the same way. Some people are competitive, some people are collectors, or they may have other reasons.

Spend your money your way.